• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7621 users

Why do you still play SCBW - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
sinistral
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore859 Posts
July 04 2011 08:36 GMT
#41
I bought SC:BW just to understand how protoss works after watching some VOD of Stork playing. That's when I started viewing live streams of Proleague and the 2 Starleagues regularly. With that said, I do not play BW anymore(didn't even complete the campaign missions), and I do not even own a copy of SC2.

There's something magical about BW compared to SC2. Be it the team atmosphere, the audience, the korean casters, the history of it et cetera.
(´・ω・`)
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
July 04 2011 08:36 GMT
#42
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
As close as its gonna get, BW cant be recreated.
Smells like troll to me.
|| o.o
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
July 04 2011 08:36 GMT
#43
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.

It's actually been done, but it's simply not going to ever work as well.
Besides, the graphics of BW are perfect. That and Red Alert 2 are the only games I know that did graphics as well as they could possibly be done. I personally don't find the graphics of SC2 to be an improvement at all.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
July 04 2011 08:36 GMT
#44
the livelihoods of pro BW players are in much better shape than your favorite SC2 players

Did you know that the vast majority of SC2 players don't even make money outside of the prize money they win? Every BW A-teamer gets a decent salary.
I drop suckas like Plinko
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
July 04 2011 08:36 GMT
#45
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.


That wouldn't work because of 2 things:

30 degree ramps
Unit movement/dynamics

Also 3) Dragoons with good pathing are OP.
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
OptimusYale
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)1005 Posts
July 04 2011 08:36 GMT
#46
Even though I grew up with bad graphics, I can't play BW anymore unless I'm with my friends in a PC bang. I just suck at the game and it takes way more time than I have to get good.

However playing the game is a total nostalgia trip for me, thats why I play
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
July 04 2011 08:36 GMT
#47
LOL
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
July 04 2011 08:37 GMT
#48
On July 04 2011 17:35 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.


LOOOOOOOOOOOL



I really don't get it. Will recreating SCBW on SCII really destroy the integrity of the game? I've seen TLAttack where Sheth plays the BW maps on SCII and it seems like it has got a lot of potential. Everything from MBS to auto-mine can be disabled.
"There is no spoon."
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:37:56
July 04 2011 08:37 GMT
#49
Hey MavercK, kalany has the best idea ever! He'll hook you and KeSPA up!

That is the conversion mod, broseph.
Pippah
Profile Joined January 2010
Denmark359 Posts
July 04 2011 08:37 GMT
#50
ahaha xD
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
July 04 2011 08:38 GMT
#51
On July 04 2011 17:25 kalany wrote:
Dude....don't try to have this debate with me man. You can't say that SCBW isn't going to dissipate as soon as contracts expire and key star players (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu) enlist in the military. Didn't Hite and some other team get absorbed already?

I don't know man....it's not looking good for you guys.

At first I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for reinforcing my opinions on sc2 posters coming into bw general. Get out.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
July 04 2011 08:38 GMT
#52
On July 04 2011 17:37 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:35 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.


LOOOOOOOOOOOL



I really don't get it. Will recreating SCBW on SCII really destroy the integrity of the game? I've seen TLAttack where Sheth plays the BW maps on SCII and it seems like it has got a lot of potential. Everything from MBS to auto-mine can be disabled.

why do you want us to play bw on sc2 when we can play bw on bw?
POGGERS
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 04 2011 08:38 GMT
#53
This actually pretty funny lol.
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
July 04 2011 08:38 GMT
#54
On July 04 2011 17:37 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:35 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.


LOOOOOOOOOOOL



I really don't get it. Will recreating SCBW on SCII really destroy the integrity of the game? I've seen TLAttack where Sheth plays the BW maps on SCII and it seems like it has got a lot of potential. Everything from MBS to auto-mine can be disabled.


Or Blizzard could try harder with HotS.
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
July 04 2011 08:38 GMT
#55
You obviously never played BW to suggest sc2bw will be the same as original BW.
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Jurassic
Profile Joined July 2010
Hungary79 Posts
July 04 2011 08:38 GMT
#56
On July 04 2011 17:29 kalany wrote:
Haha, nah. I actually play SCII in lowest settings because it does get distracting. But as a watcher of pro matches, I like the graphics to be souped up. You can blame that on the 27" Samsung HDTV I purchased before I went to college which probably gives away my age too.

At this point, I feel like a Christian trying to convert a Jew



Why would you convert anyone? BW is clearly the more polished game (at least for now), and I say that as a true SC2 fanboy... If you never played it you simply can't understand. This does not mean that SC2 cannot be as fun as BW (I would say that a good macro game is just as fun in both games).
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
July 04 2011 08:39 GMT
#57
On July 04 2011 17:38 Jurassic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:29 kalany wrote:
Haha, nah. I actually play SCII in lowest settings because it does get distracting. But as a watcher of pro matches, I like the graphics to be souped up. You can blame that on the 27" Samsung HDTV I purchased before I went to college which probably gives away my age too.

At this point, I feel like a Christian trying to convert a Jew



Why would you convert anyone? BW is clearly the more polished game (at least for now), and I say that as a true SC2 fanboy... If you never played it you simply can't understand. This does not mean that SC2 cannot be as fun as BW (I would say that a good macro game is just as fun in both games).



Nigga's be high...
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 04 2011 08:39 GMT
#58
In all seriousness a more appropriate question would be "Why play SC2?"
Rhaegar99
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Australia1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:42:19
July 04 2011 08:40 GMT
#59
kalany, just so you know, its not the maps that's the only problem. Also, graphics should not be used in an argument when comparing how good games are. You see games like CS and WoW with shitty graphics but they are still one of the most played games in their respective genres.
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
July 04 2011 08:40 GMT
#60
On July 04 2011 17:39 ShadeR wrote:
In all seriousness a more appropriate question would be "Why play SC2?"


Maybe i should post that in the sc2 forums
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe115
League of Legends
JimRising 547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g9329
WinterStarcraft714
Sick248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos763
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 48m
Patches Events
6h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
OSC
14h 48m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.