• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:53
CEST 02:53
KST 09:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10373 users

D Ranks Individual Tournament 7 Signup - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
LiRidain
Profile Joined January 2013
Ukraine47 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 09:15:47
October 05 2013 07:42 GMT
#41
On October 05 2013 02:28 L_Master wrote:
Going to also be no on Arb, LiRidain, and Fabiano.

You guys have all hit C-, and if I start allowing in...it's a slippery slope. Like one guy gets there with 300-500 stats, next guy wants in cause he got 250-375 stats, etc. until we have guys with like 40-40 wanting in.

LiR I understand sorta where you are coming from, and part of this is a product of ICCup being a shitty system to use (Birdie's stuff should be much better), but I do disagree with you. Any D+ player cannot hit C- just by laddering. They still need to beat other D+ 34% of the time. Not anyone that hits D+ can do this.

Okay, then can I participate as Terran player? My terran is a lot worse than Protoss

TL Name: LiRidain
ICCup Akas: msj[Mr.LiR]
Max Rank: D
Race: Terran
DRTL Team: meSiJa
KaiGreene
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
233 Posts
October 05 2013 09:11 GMT
#42
Then I would like to participate as a Zerg player, my zerg is d(1800) at best (estimate, I almost never play zerg).

TL: KaiGreene
Iccup: [BB]KaiGreene
Race: Zerg
Max rank on zerg, Estimate around D 1800
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
October 05 2013 10:48 GMT
#43
TL: Cpt.Beefy
Iccup: AtomicArchon
Max rank D+
Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 05 2013 14:42 GMT
#44
On October 05 2013 10:25 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 09:35 arb wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:47 L_Master wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:41 KaiGreene wrote:
On October 04 2013 23:56 L_Master wrote:
Ensar you dork, you're definitely not allowed in this. You've hit C- and been a strong DRTL performer for several seasons


I hit c- 6 season ago on my UED_ReZuya account and I dropped out last DRTL in ro16. Why shouldt i be allowed to play in this league yo


I'll leave it at this. You voted for yourself as one of the four protoss for All-Stars.

Thats pretty ridiculous, i hit C like 16 seasons ago and cant play? Shouldnt even be up for debate if he did it recently.
I didnt even make it out of ro32 last DRIT, and my record for the teamleague has been shaky at best.


If you want to play, go ladder 20-30 games and I'll make decision. Otherwise it stands as you have been a solid DRTL performer, and that is with your tendency to play pretty subpar to what you do in practice. Being a midpack DRTL guy basically means you can hit C- since the league is half C- players anyway.

Possible to play as Z/P ?
Neither one of those should be over d+ for sure.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
October 05 2013 14:53 GMT
#45
You guys should learn to take a compliment about being good enough for a league and move on...
twitch.tv/dizzywee
LTY
Profile Joined November 2012
United States223 Posts
October 05 2013 16:59 GMT
#46
TL name: LTY
ICCup Akas: Miso
Highest Max Rank: D
Race: Z
DRTL Team: DeSPA
Known as Miso or LTY
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 05 2013 19:21 GMT
#47
On October 06 2013 01:59 LTY wrote:
TL name: LTY
ICCup Akas: Miso
Highest Max Rank: D
Race: Z
DRTL Team: DeSPA


I know we let you play in DRTL, but the rule for this has always been a firm no on higher ranked players off-racing to participate in the tour.

Kai/Arb/etc. for same reason answer probably no, but it will be discussed by committee.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 05 2013 20:47 GMT
#48
On October 06 2013 04:21 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 01:59 LTY wrote:
TL name: LTY
ICCup Akas: Miso
Highest Max Rank: D
Race: Z
DRTL Team: DeSPA


I know we let you play in DRTL, but the rule for this has always been a firm no on higher ranked players off-racing to participate in the tour.

Kai/Arb/etc. for same reason answer probably no, but it will be discussed by committee.

It's not a huge deal for me, but personally I dont feel like my skill level is over any of the others in the league, my performance has been shoddy at best since i started playing
barring the Ro4 in DRIT5
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Lannix
Profile Joined November 2010
United States87 Posts
October 05 2013 20:55 GMT
#49
ICCup Account: Comsat
Max Rank: 2930ish D+
Race: Terran
By.Magic @ Fish / Magic[AoV] @ iCCup
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 05 2013 20:57 GMT
#50
On October 06 2013 05:47 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 04:21 L_Master wrote:
On October 06 2013 01:59 LTY wrote:
TL name: LTY
ICCup Akas: Miso
Highest Max Rank: D
Race: Z
DRTL Team: DeSPA


I know we let you play in DRTL, but the rule for this has always been a firm no on higher ranked players off-racing to participate in the tour.

Kai/Arb/etc. for same reason answer probably no, but it will be discussed by committee.

It's not a huge deal for me, but personally I dont feel like my skill level is over any of the others in the league, my performance has been shoddy at best since i started playing
barring the Ro4 in DRIT5


Yea, that is the problem for me. It probably isn't. But the league is so full of guys that can at least hit, and many stay, C- that being an average league performer means you can almost certainly hit C- with alot of games.

Just look at DRIT6. Every single player in Ro16 was C-, with the exception of Arca and art of turtle. And there were 3 or 4 other C- guys knocked out
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 05 2013 21:03 GMT
#51
On October 06 2013 05:55 Lannix wrote:
ICCup Account: Comsat
Max Rank: 2930ish D+
Race: Terran


Nope. Not you either.

5-2 DRTL, even if some opponents were weaker. Then your current ICCup ladder is a winning record against a litany of players of which the vast majority 80%+ or more have been C-/C/C+ in past seasons.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Lannix
Profile Joined November 2010
United States87 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-06 04:20:28
October 06 2013 04:16 GMT
#52
On October 06 2013 06:03 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 05:55 Lannix wrote:
ICCup Account: Comsat
Max Rank: 2930ish D+
Race: Terran


Nope. Not you either.

5-2 DRTL, even if some opponents were weaker. Then your current ICCup ladder is a winning record against a litany of players of which the vast majority 80%+ or more have been C-/C/C+ in past seasons.


Regardless of me winning in my best matchup to certain players who were high ranks last season on ladder (the only reason I won against them is they decided to do some terrible strategy like 1hatch lair, etc) I assure you that I've never once in my 3 years of playing competitively have I ever hit C-. Ever. Not even over 2950 as a matter of fact. To be honest, my D+ usually fluctuates at around 2300 - 2500 mostly. I don't think it's fair that I'm excluded from this league as I still lose to people who are D/D+, I am a very inconsistent player. Not to mention that my ladder record last season was something akin to 30-70 before a /clearstats. If it turns out that I do get C- at any point in time feel free to exclude me from this league, but I am a D+ player. Always have been.
By.Magic @ Fish / Magic[AoV] @ iCCup
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 06 2013 04:40 GMT
#53
ITT: People desperately trying to stay in D ranks events through means of downplaying themselves, bargaining with the event organizers and wanting to offrace instead.
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
October 06 2013 05:13 GMT
#54
Huge props to L_Master for establishing clear boundaries and enforcing them unequivocally in this event.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 06 2013 05:31 GMT
#55
On October 06 2013 14:13 EchOne wrote:
Huge props to L_Master for establishing clear boundaries and enforcing them unequivocally in this event.


Thanks!

And don't worry...me and Rulz are working on plans for a C- or C-/C tour as well!
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 06 2013 05:32 GMT
#56
On October 06 2013 13:16 Lannix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 06:03 L_Master wrote:
On October 06 2013 05:55 Lannix wrote:
ICCup Account: Comsat
Max Rank: 2930ish D+
Race: Terran


Nope. Not you either.

5-2 DRTL, even if some opponents were weaker. Then your current ICCup ladder is a winning record against a litany of players of which the vast majority 80%+ or more have been C-/C/C+ in past seasons.


Regardless of me winning in my best matchup to certain players who were high ranks last season on ladder (the only reason I won against them is they decided to do some terrible strategy like 1hatch lair, etc) I assure you that I've never once in my 3 years of playing competitively have I ever hit C-. Ever. Not even over 2950 as a matter of fact. To be honest, my D+ usually fluctuates at around 2300 - 2500 mostly. I don't think it's fair that I'm excluded from this league as I still lose to people who are D/D+, I am a very inconsistent player. Not to mention that my ladder record last season was something akin to 30-70 before a /clearstats. If it turns out that I do get C- at any point in time feel free to exclude me from this league, but I am a D+ player. Always have been.


If you really had a 100 games in ladder and had never once hit C-, then I will let you play. That's enough games that I wouldn't put you in the category of "good player but never really ladders".
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Lannix
Profile Joined November 2010
United States87 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-06 06:28:01
October 06 2013 06:27 GMT
#57
On October 06 2013 14:32 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 13:16 Lannix wrote:
On October 06 2013 06:03 L_Master wrote:
On October 06 2013 05:55 Lannix wrote:
ICCup Account: Comsat
Max Rank: 2930ish D+
Race: Terran


Nope. Not you either.

5-2 DRTL, even if some opponents were weaker. Then your current ICCup ladder is a winning record against a litany of players of which the vast majority 80%+ or more have been C-/C/C+ in past seasons.


Regardless of me winning in my best matchup to certain players who were high ranks last season on ladder (the only reason I won against them is they decided to do some terrible strategy like 1hatch lair, etc) I assure you that I've never once in my 3 years of playing competitively have I ever hit C-. Ever. Not even over 2950 as a matter of fact. To be honest, my D+ usually fluctuates at around 2300 - 2500 mostly. I don't think it's fair that I'm excluded from this league as I still lose to people who are D/D+, I am a very inconsistent player. Not to mention that my ladder record last season was something akin to 30-70 before a /clearstats. If it turns out that I do get C- at any point in time feel free to exclude me from this league, but I am a D+ player. Always have been.


If you really had a 100 games in ladder and had never once hit C-, then I will let you play. That's enough games that I wouldn't put you in the category of "good player but never really ladders".


I usually play 200 - 300 games over each season. I clearstats quite often .
By.Magic @ Fish / Magic[AoV] @ iCCup
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
October 06 2013 07:10 GMT
#58
Shouldnt we evaluate a set of replays for people who are on the threshold of d+/c-? It seems more fair than relatively arbitrary decisions.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 06 2013 07:59 GMT
#59
On October 06 2013 16:10 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Shouldnt we evaluate a set of replays for people who are on the threshold of d+/c-? It seems more fair than relatively arbitrary decisions.


ICCup rank is a shitty system, but it isn't arbitary. If you hit C- you can't play. Period.

If you mean players that don't ladder enough to have a rank, then we are looking at them on a case by case bases looking at ladder results, DRTL results, and replay analysis.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
October 06 2013 15:15 GMT
#60
Ok, I'll tenatively put my name into the that.

ICCup Account: sGs.Passafist/ sb.Passafist
Max Rank: D (1400)
Race: Protoss
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 199
CosmosSc2 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1901
GuemChi 1294
Artosis 658
910 41
Bale 18
MaD[AoV]18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever301
League of Legends
JimRising 799
Counter-Strike
taco 244
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox670
Other Games
summit1g8783
Day[9].tv705
shahzam646
C9.Mang0317
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• Hinosc 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur723
• Day9tv705
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 7m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.