• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:46
CEST 18:46
KST 01:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8335 users

[TLS] Qualifier #3 - Page 9

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Sum41
Profile Joined November 2011
Chile345 Posts
January 20 2013 01:34 GMT
#161
On January 20 2013 10:29 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Now that dRaW has qualified, who will give us these epic 40 minute long PvZ games??


yeah without draw the next qualifiers won't be as entertaining, but i'm happy that he qualify this time, he deserved it so much.
Hydralisk so fasts and dangerous :D
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
January 20 2013 01:36 GMT
#162
Rofl thanks everyone, I went to dinner so I couldn't watch the cast. if not for my epic trolling at ec I would have gone undefeated. I am glad you guys enjoyed it and I will be sure to train yo show more entertaining games in the future.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
shizaep
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2920 Posts
January 20 2013 01:46 GMT
#163
Dat practice payed off. And thanks dRaW for some truly great games today. ~Brood War Hwaiting!~
You mean I just write stuff here and other people can see it?
psiANIDe
Profile Joined January 2012
Korea (South)47 Posts
January 20 2013 02:03 GMT
#164
I watch more SC2 as of late, but these were amazing games. Brood War is what got me into StarCraft so I'm glad it's still fighting on. Great job dRaW.

And I'm so glad I get to hear Sayle's beautiful voice again :D
KT Hwaiting!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 20 2013 02:11 GMT
#165
Amazing games dRaW, Canadian representing!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
January 20 2013 02:56 GMT
#166
On January 20 2013 10:29 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Now that dRaW has qualified, who will give us these epic 40 minute long PvZ games??


me and naugrim??
:D
Moderator
Obstikal
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
616 Posts
January 20 2013 03:41 GMT
#167
Man i cant believe i missed the games today and draw wins the qualifer I miss too!!! what luck!!! oh well I will watch vods later.. ^^
Immaterial
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada510 Posts
January 20 2013 04:22 GMT
#168
I expected dRaW to take one of the qualifiers after seeing some of his games. Grats dRaW!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
January 20 2013 04:59 GMT
#169
Wait, draw won? But he's a protoss player...

Something's not right here, did he off-race?
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
January 20 2013 04:59 GMT
#170
On January 20 2013 13:59 hacklebeast wrote:
Wait, draw won? But he's a protoss player...

Something's not right here, did he off-race?



Yeah I played zerg, so naturally we have 6 zergs qualified.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
January 20 2013 05:57 GMT
#171
Just curious if all the replays were released, I cant find some.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 06:06:13
January 20 2013 06:06 GMT
#172
oh whoops here are the last of the replays

http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/heyoka/TLLegacy/TLSQ3Ro3216.zip

http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/heyoka/TLLegacy/TLSQ3Ro842.zip
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
January 20 2013 08:13 GMT
#173
dRaW you are my hero but please stop teasing with those hatchery snipes.
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
January 20 2013 09:23 GMT
#174
That's a good point. Who am I to rely on for entertaining games thruoghout the qualifiers now?

At least I'm safe with the main tournament.
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
SouthPark
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland143 Posts
January 20 2013 10:44 GMT
#175
Where is SouthPark vs Dewalt?????????? Gg sick rdm ib the final xd gj KC
SirJolt
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
the Dagon Knight4015 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 11:21:58
January 20 2013 11:19 GMT
#176
On January 20 2013 06:11 Liquid`Drone wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
either naugrim left the game after I did, or the replay bugged the last 3 minutes! cuz I was doing stuff until the end!:D



Believe me when I say this; I have probably done more research into the bugged-replay phenomenon than anyone else.

Now, you'll have to excuse me, I don't have the research-brain of a Tec27, but I do have a number of skills available to me that have been gleaned over hours of watching (and commentating on) bugged replays.

Replays bug more often during PvZ than any other matchup.

I learned this during the ThSL, when the command that failed to execute resulted in a hatchery dying on my screen, but not an anyone else's. This gave me the perfect opportunity to study the case.

During a bugged replay, what appears to happen is that the machine playing the replay will flub a single order. From that point, the game begins to diverge gradually from what "really" happened. Commands still go through, but only where the units actually exist in the bugged rep.

For those of you who don't know why I would know so much about bugged replays, click this link.

In the case of an earlier bugged replay, I saw Kiante dispatching four-probe-hit-squads around the map. To everyone else, he had built zealots, but the commands (by then relatively few) that had any parity on my bugged replay were just that he had selected five units and sent them to attack the Zerg. Probes being the only unit available, they were sent.

All of this explains how Drone was able to maintain an APM of 170 without there being any noticeable activity on the stream. Moreover, since bugged replays usually stop almost every build command, it's likely that there was a long while where Drone was still building units (you'll notice the spiraling amount of money is one of the early indicators in any bugged replay).

As I watched the probe attacking that ultralisk, I couldn't help but think... I've seen this before.

Again, I can't claim to understand what the code is responsible for, but these are the depths I've plumbed in hours of glitched-replay viewing.

If it wasn't bugged, then the behaviour was very consistent with bugged replay behaviour.
Moderator@SirJolt
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
January 20 2013 11:48 GMT
#177
SirJolt I love you.
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
January 20 2013 14:00 GMT
#178
On January 20 2013 20:19 SirJolt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2013 06:11 Liquid`Drone wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
either naugrim left the game after I did, or the replay bugged the last 3 minutes! cuz I was doing stuff until the end!:D



Believe me when I say this; I have probably done more research into the bugged-replay phenomenon than anyone else.

Now, you'll have to excuse me, I don't have the research-brain of a Tec27, but I do have a number of skills available to me that have been gleaned over hours of watching (and commentating on) bugged replays.

Replays bug more often during PvZ than any other matchup.

I learned this during the ThSL, when the command that failed to execute resulted in a hatchery dying on my screen, but not an anyone else's. This gave me the perfect opportunity to study the case.

During a bugged replay, what appears to happen is that the machine playing the replay will flub a single order. From that point, the game begins to diverge gradually from what "really" happened. Commands still go through, but only where the units actually exist in the bugged rep.

For those of you who don't know why I would know so much about bugged replays, click this link.

In the case of an earlier bugged replay, I saw Kiante dispatching four-probe-hit-squads around the map. To everyone else, he had built zealots, but the commands (by then relatively few) that had any parity on my bugged replay were just that he had selected five units and sent them to attack the Zerg. Probes being the only unit available, they were sent.

All of this explains how Drone was able to maintain an APM of 170 without there being any noticeable activity on the stream. Moreover, since bugged replays usually stop almost every build command, it's likely that there was a long while where Drone was still building units (you'll notice the spiraling amount of money is one of the early indicators in any bugged replay).

As I watched the probe attacking that ultralisk, I couldn't help but think... I've seen this before.

Again, I can't claim to understand what the code is responsible for, but these are the depths I've plumbed in hours of glitched-replay viewing.

If it wasn't bugged, then the behaviour was very consistent with bugged replay behaviour.


I actually had an awesome game vs legionnaire many years ago. it was a tvp on neo forbidden zone.

lots of dropping, fights all over the map, eventually it became ghost goliath vs carrier battle. In the real game, I had to tap out after 40~ minutes after his crazy carrier micro had bled me dry.

but not according to the replay. According to the replay, he suicided his carriers against my force after 38 minutes, leading to me winning the game. like, if that had been a tournament, and I had decided to be an ass and contest leg's victory, referees would have to give it to me. Cause it really looked like I won. :D
Moderator
Prof. Protoss
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Germany744 Posts
January 20 2013 15:39 GMT
#179
Congrats draw! Well deserved
Don't mess the fess!
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
January 20 2013 19:43 GMT
#180
Congrats dRaW!!!!!
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1165
ComeBackTV 1133
SteadfastSC889
TaKeTV 591
IndyStarCraft 221
Rex152
EnkiAlexander 83
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 889
IndyStarCraft 221
Rex 152
ProTech133
BRAT_OK 43
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44564
Shuttle 647
Mini 394
Larva 322
Soma 298
Rush 225
BeSt 206
Hyuk 112
firebathero 89
Dewaltoss 74
[ Show more ]
Mong 64
Sexy 39
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 27
Bale 19
Rock 17
Shine 15
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8100
qojqva1702
Counter-Strike
fl0m1332
Fnx 792
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1559
Khaldor1203
Other Games
hiko1319
FrodaN1145
DeMusliM384
Livibee198
ArmadaUGS150
KnowMe133
XBOCT128
XaKoH 106
QueenE86
C9.Mang075
Mew2King74
Beastyqt13
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV273
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 40
• StrangeGG 32
• Hinosc 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3927
Other Games
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 14m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 14m
Online Event
18h 14m
FEL
23h 14m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.