• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:33
CEST 00:33
KST 07:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8122 users

Protoss imbalance has gone TOO FAR. - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 18:32 GMT
#41
320 apm.

He said two of them combined is less than half. So technically he's at least 321.
RIP Aaliyah
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
August 22 2008 18:32 GMT
#42
On August 23 2008 03:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:28 Ancestral wrote:
Yes, the game is completely imbalanced P>Z. All those games you see where Zerg beats Protoss didn't actually happen. And all those games where Bisu loses to Zerg didn't happen either, he wins all of them, ever.


Bisu doesn't count, considering he sucks.


On August 23 2008 03:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 02:59 blabber wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?

it's rather balanced at pro level, so obviously you just suck at ZvP


It isn't balanced at all. Bisu was never good, he was just lucky to discover an imba build.


You're very confused child. I guess what you're saying is he discovered an imbalanced build that has tended to lose lately. So I guess it's imbalanced Z>P, only logical conclusion.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
August 22 2008 18:33 GMT
#43
If you're losing to D- Protoss and you're a C zerg, I'm wondering how. I understand people have different weak matchups, but if you can do ZvT and ZvZ pretty competently, I think you can learn larva management and the timings to rip every D- Protoss apart with ease.

Maybe you should play some Protoss vs Zerg to get an idea of how the other side of the fence feels. I know with me I was initially a lot better at ZvP, and that helped me get decent a PvZ, which in turn helped my ZvP...
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 18:34 GMT
#44
On August 23 2008 03:32 Ancestral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:28 Ancestral wrote:
Yes, the game is completely imbalanced P>Z. All those games you see where Zerg beats Protoss didn't actually happen. And all those games where Bisu loses to Zerg didn't happen either, he wins all of them, ever.


Bisu doesn't count, considering he sucks.


Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:59 blabber wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?

it's rather balanced at pro level, so obviously you just suck at ZvP


It isn't balanced at all. Bisu was never good, he was just lucky to discover an imba build.


You're very confused child. I guess what you're saying is he discovered an imbalanced build that has tended to lose lately. So I guess it's imbalanced Z>P, only logical conclusion.


Didn't Flash do the same thing? He found a lucky build, and won in tournaments dominated by Protoss, and cheesed the zergs out of the way. Now that Toss know how to counter it, he get's buttraped 24/7.

It's the same thing, really.
RIP Aaliyah
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
August 22 2008 18:37 GMT
#45
On August 23 2008 03:34 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:32 Ancestral wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:28 Ancestral wrote:
Yes, the game is completely imbalanced P>Z. All those games you see where Zerg beats Protoss didn't actually happen. And all those games where Bisu loses to Zerg didn't happen either, he wins all of them, ever.


Bisu doesn't count, considering he sucks.


On August 23 2008 03:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:59 blabber wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?

it's rather balanced at pro level, so obviously you just suck at ZvP


It isn't balanced at all. Bisu was never good, he was just lucky to discover an imba build.


You're very confused child. I guess what you're saying is he discovered an imbalanced build that has tended to lose lately. So I guess it's imbalanced Z>P, only logical conclusion.


Didn't Flash do the same thing? He found a lucky build, and won in tournaments dominated by Protoss, and cheesed the zergs out of the way. Now that Toss know how to counter it, he get's buttraped 24/7.

It's the same thing, really.

Maybe you would find more "lucky builds" and "counters to lucky builds" if you played 12 hours a day. I don't know if you're seriously contending these points or are just ignorant.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 18:38 GMT
#46
On August 23 2008 03:37 Ancestral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:34 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:32 Ancestral wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:28 Ancestral wrote:
Yes, the game is completely imbalanced P>Z. All those games you see where Zerg beats Protoss didn't actually happen. And all those games where Bisu loses to Zerg didn't happen either, he wins all of them, ever.


Bisu doesn't count, considering he sucks.


On August 23 2008 03:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:59 blabber wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?

it's rather balanced at pro level, so obviously you just suck at ZvP


It isn't balanced at all. Bisu was never good, he was just lucky to discover an imba build.


You're very confused child. I guess what you're saying is he discovered an imbalanced build that has tended to lose lately. So I guess it's imbalanced Z>P, only logical conclusion.


Didn't Flash do the same thing? He found a lucky build, and won in tournaments dominated by Protoss, and cheesed the zergs out of the way. Now that Toss know how to counter it, he get's buttraped 24/7.

It's the same thing, really.

Maybe you would find more "lucky builds" and "counters to lucky builds" if you played 12 hours a day. I don't know if you're seriously contending these points or are just ignorant.


A player who is winning off of a clever build every game, and it's the same build, then later can't adapt is a player who I don't see as skilled.
RIP Aaliyah
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
August 22 2008 18:40 GMT
#47
I'm A D level zerg, and I find it muuuuch easier to beat protoss than to beat terran. I think my winrate against protoss is like, twice what I have against Terran.
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-29 04:34:48
August 22 2008 18:43 GMT
#48
On August 23 2008 03:20 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:17 pooper-scooper wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:07 SiegeTanksandBlueGoo wrote:
yeah, seriously, if you're losing to D- level protosses, then you are not a C level zerg. Period. I'm a C- level protoss and PvZ guessing his tech is hard as shit expecially when he copies the koreans and gest both spire and hydra den. Double Den Hydra break or Mutalisks. For protoss, if you guess wrong (or if you're a good player, you didn't scout it out completely) you are completely fucked. Gamer-ender style. If you're zerg, you know wha the's making. There's no need to guess anything other than maybe dt/sair or reaver sair, neither of which is a game ender. There's no need to bitch about ZvP.

On another note. Fuck, TvP is dumb. All these protosses that I would stomp in pvp just own me so hard in tvp. ^^;; I guess I just suck at terran.


Who cares?

Either way go sair reaver, and if your A key is attached you should win every time.


You are a very angry young man.

Leveling accuasations at every person who dares to disagree with you. You are clearly not interested in having a discussion, you are just interested in bitching. I think that this particular bitching session would be more appropriate as a blog.

I don't suppose that you could take a step back from your hubris to aknowledge that as a C level zerg you might not know everything about the game, and that there might be a flaw in your game. No I suppose that is too much to hope for.

ZvP may be imbalance, lord if I know, but I do know that you are uninterested in any real discussion on the matter.

Enjoy flaming me.


Angry? I haven't attacked anyone, I've just been smarmy.

You shouldn't be so quick to analyze the emotional make-up of everyone you meet. That's really obnoxious.


Chillin' is what you should do, kid, because you're about to get banned for trolling. As for Gatele, you're
out of your mind man. You haven't cited anything from outside of the game. You should spend time
maxin' your APM and strategy, instead of wasting your time crying. I do think it's actually kind of
relaxin' to see all the people finally standing up and saying that PvZ is balanced. It is truly funny to see
all the newbies come out of the woodwork to start complaining; I mean. although I actually find it really
cool that there are so many differing opinions, only the "balanced" ones bring logical facts.


On August 23 2008 03:25 AttackZerg wrote:
Zerg has been pretty then protoss FOREVER.

Julyzerg
Jaedong
Savior

Each in there prime embarrasses the best(lol Best) protoss routinely, even would be contenders.
Julyzerg makes every toss look stupid nearly every game ....
Jaedong makes mid-game ZvP look like Toss never has a chance.(two of his championships were agains P)
Savior has the highest Elo peak of all time in ZvP.

The cool thing about BW, is that below the top levels, protoss is fucking awesome and balanced. And on a very very low level even dominate. Why not find 2 or 3 of your most terrible ZvP defeats.... take a notepad, watch the rep, take notes on things you could improve, Post the replays + notes in the strategy forum and begin something productive ....Whinning rarely helps win ZvP ..... I've tried.


And facts like this are what makes this argument impossible. We're talking about the D foreigner level,
all the facts about the fucking ZvP Bonjwa are useless. I'm starting to consider that some people are
shootin' for a flame war, I don't know, but why are you brining these facts in? Can we go back and talk
some about the fundamentals of the game? We can compare this to examining the highest level of
b-ball; you wouldn't start copying Shaq because you can't play at his level. Well, looking at people
outside of Korea you quickly we can't play at Savior, Jaedong or JulyZerg's levels. I mean, some people
of considerable talent can do some moves like them. I think foreigners still really cannot come close to
the complete package. Now, I think a good idea is to go back to basic: Seriously, can we follow my
school of thought and start examining the game, not the players?
Moderator
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
August 22 2008 18:43 GMT
#49
On August 23 2008 03:38 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:37 Ancestral wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:34 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:32 Ancestral wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:28 Ancestral wrote:
Yes, the game is completely imbalanced P>Z. All those games you see where Zerg beats Protoss didn't actually happen. And all those games where Bisu loses to Zerg didn't happen either, he wins all of them, ever.


Bisu doesn't count, considering he sucks.


On August 23 2008 03:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:59 blabber wrote:
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?

it's rather balanced at pro level, so obviously you just suck at ZvP


It isn't balanced at all. Bisu was never good, he was just lucky to discover an imba build.


You're very confused child. I guess what you're saying is he discovered an imbalanced build that has tended to lose lately. So I guess it's imbalanced Z>P, only logical conclusion.


Didn't Flash do the same thing? He found a lucky build, and won in tournaments dominated by Protoss, and cheesed the zergs out of the way. Now that Toss know how to counter it, he get's buttraped 24/7.

It's the same thing, really.

Maybe you would find more "lucky builds" and "counters to lucky builds" if you played 12 hours a day. I don't know if you're seriously contending these points or are just ignorant.


A player who is winning off of a clever build every game, and it's the same build, then later can't adapt is a player who I don't see as skilled.

There is more to winning than having a "clever build," seeing as how Flash and Bisu have both won games lately. And I'm sure you think Savior is incredibly skilled, but he lost a lot with the same build. Now he's won a few again.

There's confidence, builds, mind games, opponents confidence, and probably other things. If what you're claiming is "Bisu and Flash are not skilled players," than I think anybody who seriously thought about it would disagree with you.

Bisu doesn't always do FE -> Sair/DT, so it's not always the same build. Just because he fast expands doesn't mean it's the same build every time.

And Flash doesn't always 14cc, but unfortunately for him he has been lately. His 3-0 Stork didn't involve his fast double armories, and he still won. I think the players realize they can't be 1 trick ponies.

I know the least about Zerg openings but to me it seems Jaedong does a lot of similar builds and wins all the time, and he has been for a while now. He doesn't come up with new amazing ridiculous builds for every game.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-22 19:14:35
August 22 2008 18:46 GMT
#50
Chill: I agree talking about D-level foreigner play and Progamers doesn't really prove anything, but, I have certainly lost to C level Zergs before and am a D level Protoss, so I think the premise of Gaetele's argument is flawed, or he is exaggerating. Why would he even be playing D- Protoss when he's C?

If I sound angry, it's because everyone's arguments in this thread are retarded.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 18:47 GMT
#51
On August 23 2008 03:43 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:20 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:17 pooper-scooper wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:07 SiegeTanksandBlueGoo wrote:
yeah, seriously, if you're losing to D- level protosses, then you are not a C level zerg. Period. I'm a C- level protoss and PvZ guessing his tech is hard as shit expecially when he copies the koreans and gest both spire and hydra den. Double Den Hydra break or Mutalisks. For protoss, if you guess wrong (or if you're a good player, you didn't scout it out completely) you are completely fucked. Gamer-ender style. If you're zerg, you know wha the's making. There's no need to guess anything other than maybe dt/sair or reaver sair, neither of which is a game ender. There's no need to bitch about ZvP.

On another note. Fuck, TvP is dumb. All these protosses that I would stomp in pvp just own me so hard in tvp. ^^;; I guess I just suck at terran.


Who cares?

Either way go sair reaver, and if your A key is attached you should win every time.


You are a very angry young man.

Leveling accuasations at every person who dares to disagree with you. You are clearly not interested in having a discussion, you are just interested in bitching. I think that this particular bitching session would be more appropriate as a blog.

I don't suppose that you could take a step back from your hubris to aknowledge that as a C level zerg you might not know everything about the game, and that there might be a flaw in your game. No I suppose that is too much to hope for.

ZvP may be imbalance, lord if I know, but I do know that you are uninterested in any real discussion on the matter.

Enjoy flaming me.


Angry? I haven't attacked anyone, I've just been smarmy.

You shouldn't be so quick to analyze the emotional make-up of everyone you meet. That's really obnoxious.


Chillin' is what you should do, kid, because you're about to get banned for trolling. As for Gatele, you're out of your mind man. You haven't cited anything from outside of the game. You should spend time maxin' your APM and strategy, instead of wasting your time crying. I do think it's actually kind of relaxin' to see all the people finally standing up and saying that PvZ is balanced. It is truly funny to see all the newbies come out of the woodwork to start complaining; I mean. although I actually find it really cool that there are so many differing opinions, only the "balanced" ones bring logical facts.


Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:25 AttackZerg wrote:
Zerg has been pretty then protoss FOREVER.

Julyzerg
Jaedong
Savior

Each in there prime embarrasses the best(lol Best) protoss routinely, even would be contenders.
Julyzerg makes every toss look stupid nearly every game ....
Jaedong makes mid-game ZvP look like Toss never has a chance.(two of his championships were agains P)
Savior has the highest Elo peak of all time in ZvP.

The cool thing about BW, is that below the top levels, protoss is fucking awesome and balanced. And on a very very low level even dominate. Why not find 2 or 3 of your most terrible ZvP defeats.... take a notepad, watch the rep, take notes on things you could improve, Post the replays + notes in the strategy forum and begin something productive ....Whinning rarely helps win ZvP ..... I've tried.


And facts like this are what makes this argument impossible. We're talking about the D foreigner level, all the facts about the fucking ZvP Bonjwa are useless. I'm starting to consider that some people are shootin' for a flame war, I don't know, but why are you brining these facts in? Can we go back and talk some about the fundamentals of the game? We can compare this to examining the highest level of b-ball; you wouldn't start copying Shaq because you can't play at his level. Well, looking at people outside of Korea you quickly we can't play at Savior, Jaedong or JulyZerg's levels. I mean, some people of considerable talent can do some moves like them. I think foreigners still really cannot come close to the complete package. Now, I think a good idea is to go back to basic: Seriously, can we follow my school of thought and start examining the game, not the players?


I'm chill. Everyone else is attacking me. Good observation powers, o holy admin.

But on a lighter note, I agree that people need to stop comparing everyone to Korean pros. None of us will ever be this good, so it's irrelevant.
RIP Aaliyah
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
August 22 2008 18:53 GMT
#52
How are you losing to D- protosses? I'm a no skill C level protoss that easy-modes his way to C rank by a moving PvT every season, and even my ZvP can beat D- protosses easily.
Trucy Wright is hot
Dealer
Profile Joined January 2003
Sweden1368 Posts
August 22 2008 18:56 GMT
#53
On August 23 2008 03:31 Ancestral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:07 SiegeTanksandBlueGoo wrote:
yeah, seriously, if you're losing to D- level protosses, then you are not a C level zerg. Period. I'm a C- level protoss and PvZ guessing his tech is hard as shit expecially when he copies the koreans and gest both spire and hydra den. Double Den Hydra break or Mutalisks. For protoss, if you guess wrong (or if you're a good player, you didn't scout it out completely) you are completely fucked. Gamer-ender style. If you're zerg, you know wha the's making. There's no need to guess anything other than maybe dt/sair or reaver sair, neither of which is a game ender. There's no need to bitch about ZvP.

On another note. Fuck, TvP is dumb. All these protosses that I would stomp in pvp just own me so hard in tvp. ^^;; I guess I just suck at terran.


Who cares?

Either way go sair reaver, and if your A key is attached you should win every time.

I agree with this. Only noobs lose Shuttles to Scourges or Hydralisks. Only noobs have their cannons brokens. Only noobs have bug scarabs.

When I start a PvZ game, I just hold down the A key and voila, perfect macro, perfect micro. Before my eyes I get a Fleet Beacon and an army of Sairs that fire perfect disruption web and everything. I don't even use the mouse, I don't own one, they're too fancy for me.

+ Show Spoiler +
Sair Reaver is not easy, or even a good build unless you're already an incredible player


I beat a D- Toss without using the keyboard, and i havent played this game for years.
h e l l o e
Hittegods
Profile Joined April 2007
Stockholm4642 Posts
August 22 2008 18:57 GMT
#54
Haha, you are hilarious. Wait, you are serious?
This neo violence, pure self defiance
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
August 22 2008 18:59 GMT
#55
This thread is stupid. Like everyone said you are not a C player if you lose to D- protoss. The game is balanced. Practice and get better.
xBTx
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Canada542 Posts
August 22 2008 18:59 GMT
#56
On August 23 2008 03:56 Dealer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:31 Ancestral wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:07 SiegeTanksandBlueGoo wrote:
yeah, seriously, if you're losing to D- level protosses, then you are not a C level zerg. Period. I'm a C- level protoss and PvZ guessing his tech is hard as shit expecially when he copies the koreans and gest both spire and hydra den. Double Den Hydra break or Mutalisks. For protoss, if you guess wrong (or if you're a good player, you didn't scout it out completely) you are completely fucked. Gamer-ender style. If you're zerg, you know wha the's making. There's no need to guess anything other than maybe dt/sair or reaver sair, neither of which is a game ender. There's no need to bitch about ZvP.

On another note. Fuck, TvP is dumb. All these protosses that I would stomp in pvp just own me so hard in tvp. ^^;; I guess I just suck at terran.


Who cares?

Either way go sair reaver, and if your A key is attached you should win every time.

I agree with this. Only noobs lose Shuttles to Scourges or Hydralisks. Only noobs have their cannons brokens. Only noobs have bug scarabs.

When I start a PvZ game, I just hold down the A key and voila, perfect macro, perfect micro. Before my eyes I get a Fleet Beacon and an army of Sairs that fire perfect disruption web and everything. I don't even use the mouse, I don't own one, they're too fancy for me.

+ Show Spoiler +
Sair Reaver is not easy, or even a good build unless you're already an incredible player


I beat a D- Toss without using the keyboard, and i havent played this game for years.


Well thats easy. D- Protoss can be anywhere from some major fundamental problems to no understanding of the game at all. If I were to let someone play for the first time they would be considered D- if nothing else.
stuffing feathers up your butt doesnt make you a chicken
Gaetele
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Esper760 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-29 04:35:54
August 22 2008 18:59 GMT
#57
On August 23 2008 03:43 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:20 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:17 pooper-scooper wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:07 SiegeTanksandBlueGoo wrote:
yeah, seriously, if you're losing to D- level protosses, then you are not a C level zerg. Period. I'm a C- level protoss and PvZ guessing his tech is hard as shit expecially when he copies the koreans and gest both spire and hydra den. Double Den Hydra break or Mutalisks. For protoss, if you guess wrong (or if you're a good player, you didn't scout it out completely) you are completely fucked. Gamer-ender style. If you're zerg, you know wha the's making. There's no need to guess anything other than maybe dt/sair or reaver sair, neither of which is a game ender. There's no need to bitch about ZvP.

On another note. Fuck, TvP is dumb. All these protosses that I would stomp in pvp just own me so hard in tvp. ^^;; I guess I just suck at terran.


Who cares?

Either way go sair reaver, and if your A key is attached you should win every time.


You are a very angry young man.

Leveling accuasations at every person who dares to disagree with you. You are clearly not interested in having a discussion, you are just interested in bitching. I think that this particular bitching session would be more appropriate as a blog.

I don't suppose that you could take a step back from your hubris to aknowledge that as a C level zerg you might not know everything about the game, and that there might be a flaw in your game. No I suppose that is too much to hope for.

ZvP may be imbalance, lord if I know, but I do know that you are uninterested in any real discussion on the matter.

Enjoy flaming me.


Angry? I haven't attacked anyone, I've just been smarmy.

You shouldn't be so quick to analyze the emotional make-up of everyone you meet. That's really obnoxious.


Chillin' is what you should do, kid, because you're about to get banned for trolling. As for Gatele, you're out of your mind man. You haven't cited anything from outside of the game. You should spend time maxin' your APM and strategy, instead of wasting your time crying. I do think it's actually kind of relaxin' to see all the people finally standing up and saying that PvZ is balanced. It is truly funny to see all the newbies come out of the woodwork to start complaining; I mean. although I actually find it really cool that there are so many differing opinions, only the "balanced" ones bring logical facts.


Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:25 AttackZerg wrote:
Zerg has been pretty then protoss FOREVER.

Julyzerg
Jaedong
Savior

Each in there prime embarrasses the best(lol Best) protoss routinely, even would be contenders.
Julyzerg makes every toss look stupid nearly every game ....
Jaedong makes mid-game ZvP look like Toss never has a chance.(two of his championships were agains P)
Savior has the highest Elo peak of all time in ZvP.

The cool thing about BW, is that below the top levels, protoss is fucking awesome and balanced. And on a very very low level even dominate. Why not find 2 or 3 of your most terrible ZvP defeats.... take a notepad, watch the rep, take notes on things you could improve, Post the replays + notes in the strategy forum and begin something productive ....Whinning rarely helps win ZvP ..... I've tried.


And facts like this are what makes this argument impossible. We're talking about the D foreigner level, all the facts about the fucking ZvP Bonjwa are useless. I'm starting to consider that some people are shootin' for a flame war, I don't know, but why are you brining these facts in? Can we go back and talk some about the fundamentals of the game? We can compare this to examining the highest level of b-ball; you wouldn't start copying Shaq because you can't play at his level. Well, looking at people outside of Korea you quickly we can't play at Savior, Jaedong or JulyZerg's levels. I mean, some people of considerable talent can do some moves like them. I think foreigners still really cannot come close to the complete package. Now, I think a good idea is to go back to basic: Seriously, can we follow my school of thought and start examining the game, not the players?

When will people stop patronizing me? Calling me newbie and everything. It's just ridiculous. I can't be
a C level if I were totally newb. I think I've made my point pretty clearly in this thread. Just go play a
couple of games and you would understand where I'm coming from. If people would stop citing the level
of skill of progamers then we could get to the real problem - balance.

Guys that you pull off the street could probably sit down to a computer and play Protoss in SC. Boxer,
who is great at Terran, started Protoss because it was the easiest. This won't reach a conclusion if it
were up to Blizzard's developers. I'm not hired as a game designer, but I think that if it were completely
up to me, I would just remove High Templars and Corsairs from the game. Unfortunately, it looks like,
to the Blizzard developers, they don't listen to the community.

No company should just blatantly disregard the problems in front of them. Not to say that Blizzard isn't
good, but look at how much whining there is on the WoW forums. Every single thread created there is
started fine, but I never see a blue post about anything meaningful.

Making a good, balanced game requires input from the community, and I don't think it should be a
trouble for Blizzard to do so. All they really have to do at the end of the day is to tweak some numbers
in the code and then remove some and it'll be fine.

My main problem is with threads like this - people always feel the need to argue back and forth. In the
neighborhood of TeamLiquid, all the houses would be throwing flaming napalm at each other. Flame on!
aka Ghostclaws
SiegeTanksandBlueGoo
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
China685 Posts
August 22 2008 19:01 GMT
#58
On August 23 2008 03:56 Dealer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:31 Ancestral wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:07 SiegeTanksandBlueGoo wrote:
yeah, seriously, if you're losing to D- level protosses, then you are not a C level zerg. Period. I'm a C- level protoss and PvZ guessing his tech is hard as shit expecially when he copies the koreans and gest both spire and hydra den. Double Den Hydra break or Mutalisks. For protoss, if you guess wrong (or if you're a good player, you didn't scout it out completely) you are completely fucked. Gamer-ender style. If you're zerg, you know wha the's making. There's no need to guess anything other than maybe dt/sair or reaver sair, neither of which is a game ender. There's no need to bitch about ZvP.

On another note. Fuck, TvP is dumb. All these protosses that I would stomp in pvp just own me so hard in tvp. ^^;; I guess I just suck at terran.


Who cares?

Either way go sair reaver, and if your A key is attached you should win every time.

I agree with this. Only noobs lose Shuttles to Scourges or Hydralisks. Only noobs have their cannons brokens. Only noobs have bug scarabs.

When I start a PvZ game, I just hold down the A key and voila, perfect macro, perfect micro. Before my eyes I get a Fleet Beacon and an army of Sairs that fire perfect disruption web and everything. I don't even use the mouse, I don't own one, they're too fancy for me.

+ Show Spoiler +
Sair Reaver is not easy, or even a good build unless you're already an incredible player


I beat a D- Toss without using the keyboard, and i havent played this game for years.


lol, beat one without using a mouse or a touchpad and I'll give you a dollar. ^^
What does the scouter say about his macro level? It's Over 9000 minerals!
SiegeTanksandBlueGoo
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
China685 Posts
August 22 2008 19:05 GMT
#59
On August 23 2008 03:59 Gaetele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:43 Chill wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:20 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:17 pooper-scooper wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On August 23 2008 03:07 SiegeTanksandBlueGoo wrote:
yeah, seriously, if you're losing to D- level protosses, then you are not a C level zerg. Period. I'm a C- level protoss and PvZ guessing his tech is hard as shit expecially when he copies the koreans and gest both spire and hydra den. Double Den Hydra break or Mutalisks. For protoss, if you guess wrong (or if you're a good player, you didn't scout it out completely) you are completely fucked. Gamer-ender style. If you're zerg, you know wha the's making. There's no need to guess anything other than maybe dt/sair or reaver sair, neither of which is a game ender. There's no need to bitch about ZvP.

On another note. Fuck, TvP is dumb. All these protosses that I would stomp in pvp just own me so hard in tvp. ^^;; I guess I just suck at terran.


Who cares?

Either way go sair reaver, and if your A key is attached you should win every time.


You are a very angry young man.

Leveling accuasations at every person who dares to disagree with you. You are clearly not interested in having a discussion, you are just interested in bitching. I think that this particular bitching session would be more appropriate as a blog.

I don't suppose that you could take a step back from your hubris to aknowledge that as a C level zerg you might not know everything about the game, and that there might be a flaw in your game. No I suppose that is too much to hope for.

ZvP may be imbalance, lord if I know, but I do know that you are uninterested in any real discussion on the matter.

Enjoy flaming me.


Angry? I haven't attacked anyone, I've just been smarmy.

You shouldn't be so quick to analyze the emotional make-up of everyone you meet. That's really obnoxious.


Chillin' is what you should do, kid, because you're about to get banned for trolling. As for Gatele, you're out of your mind man. You haven't cited anything from outside of the game. You should spend time maxin' your APM and strategy, instead of wasting your time crying. I do think it's actually kind of relaxin' to see all the people finally standing up and saying that PvZ is balanced. It is truly funny to see all the newbies come out of the woodwork to start complaining; I mean. although I actually find it really cool that there are so many differing opinions, only the "balanced" ones bring logical facts.


On August 23 2008 03:25 AttackZerg wrote:
Zerg has been pretty then protoss FOREVER.

Julyzerg
Jaedong
Savior

Each in there prime embarrasses the best(lol Best) protoss routinely, even would be contenders.
Julyzerg makes every toss look stupid nearly every game ....
Jaedong makes mid-game ZvP look like Toss never has a chance.(two of his championships were agains P)
Savior has the highest Elo peak of all time in ZvP.

The cool thing about BW, is that below the top levels, protoss is fucking awesome and balanced. And on a very very low level even dominate. Why not find 2 or 3 of your most terrible ZvP defeats.... take a notepad, watch the rep, take notes on things you could improve, Post the replays + notes in the strategy forum and begin something productive ....Whinning rarely helps win ZvP ..... I've tried.


And facts like this are what makes this argument impossible. We're talking about the D foreigner level, all the facts about the fucking ZvP Bonjwa are useless. I'm starting to consider that some people are shootin' for a flame war, I don't know, but why are you brining these facts in? Can we go back and talk some about the fundamentals of the game? We can compare this to examining the highest level of b-ball; you wouldn't start copying Shaq because you can't play at his level. Well, looking at people outside of Korea you quickly we can't play at Savior, Jaedong or JulyZerg's levels. I mean, some people of considerable talent can do some moves like them. I think foreigners still really cannot come close to the complete package. Now, I think a good idea is to go back to basic: Seriously, can we follow my school of thought and start examining the game, not the players?

When will people stop patronizing me? Calling me newbie and everything. It's just ridiculous. I can't be a C level if I were totally newb. I think I've made my point pretty clearly in this thread. Just go play a couple of games and you would understand where I'm coming from. If people would stop citing the level of skill of progamers then we could get to the real problem - balance.

Guys that you pull off the street could probably sit down to a computer and play Protoss in SC. Boxer, who is great at Terran, started Protoss because it was the easiest. This won't reach a conclusion if it were up to Blizzard's developers. I'm not hired as a game designer, but I think that if it were completely up to me, I would just remove High Templars and Corsairs from the game. Unfortunately, it looks like, to the Blizzard developers, they don't listen to the community.

No company should just blatantly disregard the problems in front of them. Not to say that Blizzard isn't good, but look at how much whining there is on the WoW forums. Every single thread created there is started fine, but I never see a blue post about anything meaningful.

Making a good, balanced game requires input from the community, and I don't think it should be a trouble for Blizzard to do so. All they really have to do at the end of the day is to tweak some numbers in the code and then remove some and it'll be fine.

My main problem is with threads like this - people always feel the need to argue back and forth. In the neighborhood of TeamLiquid, all the houses would be throwing flaming napalm at each other. Flame on!


and what do protosses do against mass mutalisks without sairs or high templar? Throw sticks?

your premises are so flawed it's not even funny. If you were really a C level zerg, you would not lose to D- level protosses. Period. They won't have the macro/micro/multitasking/pretty much anything, that a C level has.

Go practice, 5 pool every game. Maybe people will complain about zvp imba then. ^^;;
What does the scouter say about his macro level? It's Over 9000 minerals!
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
August 22 2008 19:05 GMT
#60
Terrans just don't understand.
Administrator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
Nina 121
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 456
910 59
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift778
Super Smash Bros
PPMD66
Other Games
summit1g8947
Grubby2851
shahzam540
C9.Mang0233
PiGStarcraft221
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21253
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
27m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.