• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:34
CEST 15:34
KST 22:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8142 users

A trip back in time... - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Sigrun
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1655 Posts
January 29 2008 21:34 GMT
#21
Haha, I can't believe they wore those suits. They looked ridiculous!
Graphics
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
January 29 2008 21:53 GMT
#22
the crowd looked very bored...
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
noobienoob
Profile Joined July 2007
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-29 22:26:23
January 29 2008 22:24 GMT
#23
On January 30 2008 06:53 CaucasianAsian wrote:
the crowd looked very bored...
the crowd looked like a bunch of boring nerds watching a presentation held in a university classroom hehe
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
January 29 2008 23:20 GMT
#24
Its always easier to look back and criticize.

I remember back then, the most workers I would have in one base would be 1 per mineral, probably less. Defense was heavy and popular. I didnt even know about micro until I saw the first Pimpest Plays and BoxeR's amazing moves.

Yeah, it was different back then.
Moonlight Shadow
Asta
Profile Joined October 2002
Germany3491 Posts
January 29 2008 23:38 GMT
#25
Tbh, every time I watch an old game like that I wonder if I couldn't play better than that today. I really think players weren't that good back then. Of course, at that time, nobody was better and I was amazed by their plays. But also if I watch FPVods from that time, where I know I was amazed at how quick they were, I get the feeling that my mechanics are better than theirs was. And todays players are on a whole different level.

And strategy-wise: well, as has been said, 1-hatch play was pretty common back than. Btw, just yesterday I thought that it should be possible to use those old strategies against the newer players who never experienced that phase where the newer strats were being developed. So I tried the good old 1-Hatch Lurker vs Terran, bringing an Overlord to shoot up his ramp (which every oldschool Terran knows you aren't gonna hold without a bunker up your ramp) and it worked like a charm. =)
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
January 29 2008 23:45 GMT
#26
Being that far away 9 pool seems like insta-lose, especially when there's an easily wallable ramp.

That said, seeing a game from way back then was pretty cool.
BlackStar
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Netherlands3029 Posts
January 30 2008 00:02 GMT
#27
They should bring back the Star Trek-esque suits.
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
January 30 2008 00:37 GMT
#28
On January 30 2008 07:24 noobienoob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2008 06:53 CaucasianAsian wrote:
the crowd looked very bored...
the crowd looked like a bunch of boring nerds watching a presentation held in a university classroom hehe

w/e
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
January 30 2008 01:24 GMT
#29
On January 30 2008 08:38 Asta wrote:
Tbh, every time I watch an old game like that I wonder if I couldn't play better than that today. I really think players weren't that good back then. Of course, at that time, nobody was better and I was amazed by their plays. But also if I watch FPVods from that time, where I know I was amazed at how quick they were, I get the feeling that my mechanics are better than theirs was. And todays players are on a whole different level.

And strategy-wise: well, as has been said, 1-hatch play was pretty common back than. Btw, just yesterday I thought that it should be possible to use those old strategies against the newer players who never experienced that phase where the newer strats were being developed. So I tried the good old 1-Hatch Lurker vs Terran, bringing an Overlord to shoot up his ramp (which every oldschool Terran knows you aren't gonna hold without a bunker up your ramp) and it worked like a charm. =)

Do you happen to have any links to old FPVOD's? Sounds fun to watch.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 30 2008 01:32 GMT
#30
this is a nice blog, but a shitty topic.
ModeratorGodfather
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-30 02:39:08
January 30 2008 02:34 GMT
#31
On January 30 2008 10:24 CDRdude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2008 08:38 Asta wrote:
Tbh, every time I watch an old game like that I wonder if I couldn't play better than that today. I really think players weren't that good back then. Of course, at that time, nobody was better and I was amazed by their plays. But also if I watch FPVods from that time, where I know I was amazed at how quick they were, I get the feeling that my mechanics are better than theirs was. And todays players are on a whole different level.

And strategy-wise: well, as has been said, 1-hatch play was pretty common back than. Btw, just yesterday I thought that it should be possible to use those old strategies against the newer players who never experienced that phase where the newer strats were being developed. So I tried the good old 1-Hatch Lurker vs Terran, bringing an Overlord to shoot up his ramp (which every oldschool Terran knows you aren't gonna hold without a bunker up your ramp) and it worked like a charm. =)

Do you happen to have any links to old FPVOD's? Sounds fun to watch.

Here's one:

Garimto vs Ssamjang. Its actually a very entertaining game if you're into this sort of thing, its wild and woolly and unrefined and quite different.
+ Show Spoiler +
The heavy proxy sunken contain, the 7 DT drop that rapes every single building in the Zerg main, the super cautious expoing, storms killing lurks in one hit, using shuttles to ferry his entire army past the sunks to go rape the zerg expo, its all very alien to the modern game :p

I will eat you alive
Capulet
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada686 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-30 02:47:38
January 30 2008 02:38 GMT
#32
On January 30 2008 02:32 Ghardo wrote:
if i had lived in the stone age with my present knowledge i would have had invented the wheel!!!


QFT

Oh, and I'm not sure what this means, but...
http://www.iccup.com/profile.php?lookup=175947
"I'm just killing the spiders to save the butterflies... Wanting to save both is a contradiction. What would you rather do? Keep deliberating? The butterfly will be eaten in the meantime."
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
January 30 2008 03:20 GMT
#33
damn, after watching those games i can almost imagine what the fuck random pubbies would be doing on bnet haha
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
January 30 2008 04:02 GMT
#34
Pretty fun to watch, thanks for posting.
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1511
WardiTV719
OGKoka 231
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 231
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8121
Bisu 4082
FanTaSy 2793
Jaedong 1685
Shuttle 1396
Horang2 676
EffOrt 622
BeSt 613
Larva 410
actioN 357
[ Show more ]
Mini 249
Stork 221
Mind 112
Zeus 105
910 89
Snow 86
Barracks 67
Mong 50
hero 47
Sexy 39
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 30
Killer 27
soO 25
JYJ 24
sorry 24
Shinee 23
Aegong 20
Free 20
HiyA 19
Shine 18
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
zelot 9
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc4593
qojqva1914
Dendi1009
XaKoH 475
febbydoto31
Counter-Strike
fl0m1484
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko410
Other Games
singsing2776
olofmeister1188
hiko953
B2W.Neo672
Livibee558
crisheroes361
XBOCT259
Pyrionflax231
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX131
QueenE51
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2448
• Jankos2036
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 27m
Replay Cast
9h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.