• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:23
CEST 03:23
KST 10:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7271 users

DDraw Fix by Aqrit - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
December 25 2015 03:37 GMT
#61
On December 25 2015 12:16 ggsimida wrote:
still has game lag? when fix

It only takes a few seconds to scroll up and read
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
ggsimida
Profile Joined August 2015
1156 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-25 04:09:59
December 25 2015 04:09 GMT
#62
On December 25 2015 12:37 xboi209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2015 12:16 ggsimida wrote:
still has game lag? when fix

It only takes a few seconds to scroll up and read


???
last post in ru website by creator aqrit is 18 dec
thought he post this forum somewhere too so i ask
no need rude.
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
December 25 2015 04:16 GMT
#63
On December 25 2015 13:09 ggsimida wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2015 12:37 xboi209 wrote:
On December 25 2015 12:16 ggsimida wrote:
still has game lag? when fix

It only takes a few seconds to scroll up and read


???
last post in ru website by creator aqrit is 18 dec
thought he post this forum somewhere too so i ask
no need rude.

I would have posted here if there was an update and aqrit would have posted in war2.ru too.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-03 01:12:22
January 03 2016 00:56 GMT
#64
A new update has been released which has fixed screenshots in the Battle.net menus and improved the lag during gameplay. Like all the previous versions, this hasn't been widely tested yet, so report any problems you find. Link in the OP.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
January 03 2016 05:26 GMT
#65
Thanks, will test ASAP.

outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
January 03 2016 08:40 GMT
#66
Just tested and wow, you guys are great! This thing works perfect and this is what we all needed these years after XP got outdated. Scan should ASAP retest it and tell his thoughts to be sure 100% that no lag.

I got another request still I know no one wants to bother with it:
Is there a way to mix this lag fixed version with 1st release (0.01) since I really liked those blurred ClearType fonts in battle.net? I will be so grateful if xboi can restore those fonts since I prefer them smooth for my eyes.
sunbeams are never made like me...
idegelchik
Profile Joined September 2012
Russian Federation382 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-03 10:35:43
January 03 2016 10:27 GMT
#67
after change DDRAW.dll my sc have unplayable lag in game ^^
before i played (with ddraw+high priority, no idea why for normal game without stream i need ddraw and high^^).
now unreal to play
how return old ddraw.dll?
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-03 10:34:57
January 03 2016 10:34 GMT
#68
On January 03 2016 19:27 idegelchik wrote:
after change DDRAW.dll my sc have unplayable lag in game ^^
before i played (with ddraw+high priority, no idea why for normal game without stream i need ddraw and high^^).
now unreal to play

Does it lag when you start BW by simply double clicking on StarCraft.exe?

On January 03 2016 17:40 outscar wrote:
I got another request still I know no one wants to bother with it:
Is there a way to mix this lag fixed version with 1st release (0.01) since I really liked those blurred ClearType fonts in battle.net? I will be so grateful if xboi can restore those fonts since I prefer them smooth for my eyes.

There could be a custom version for you, I think I could do that later.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
idegelchik
Profile Joined September 2012
Russian Federation382 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-03 11:17:30
January 03 2016 10:36 GMT
#69
lag in game.
i dll new sc, return to old configuration ^^
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-03 14:40:04
January 03 2016 14:30 GMT
#70
On January 03 2016 19:34 xboi209 wrote:

Show nested quote +
On January 03 2016 17:40 outscar wrote:
I got another request still I know no one wants to bother with it:
Is there a way to mix this lag fixed version with 1st release (0.01) since I really liked those blurred ClearType fonts in battle.net? I will be so grateful if xboi can restore those fonts since I prefer them smooth for my eyes.

There could be a custom version for you, I think I could do that later.


Ah thanks, I will be waiting.

After testing and playing with it all day long I got 50/50 miss when I split my workers. When I run normally without file I do much well. Maybe I'm carping and searching faults unreasonably when it's my own fault failing splitting workers as I used to but when you used to play the game so long you can feel that tiny difference. That means GAME NOT LAGGING but is it still 100% SAME as it used to be? So that's why I'm asking Scan to do another test of it.
sunbeams are never made like me...
ggsimida
Profile Joined August 2015
1156 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-05 04:37:35
January 05 2016 04:35 GMT
#71
no obvious lag now but i think is still little noticable when micro? think pro player would sense it quicker. but for such good feature it is fine enough anyway. thank you and aqrit for update ^ ^
Arronax23
Profile Joined September 2014
Poland14 Posts
January 05 2016 21:30 GMT
#72
I am Windows 8 user. The newest 0.04 version is amazing, it doesn't lower FPS as previous versions and make mouse more precise i think, some of you that still feel like a mouse delay i reccomend to uncheck DWN in mca64Launcher or kill explorer.exe process while playing sc:bw.
j
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
January 07 2016 13:09 GMT
#73
Requesting for more opinions on if the lag is still noticeable or not.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
January 07 2016 16:02 GMT
#74
I played some games with it and didn't notice any lag. I am using windows 7 x64.
Other minor things I noticed, the blurry fonts are still there and in general starcraft seems to have slightly changed colors to red.
It also doesn't work well with the feature from mca64launcher of being able to chat while being alt+tabbed out of starcraft. Everytime I write something, it automatically goes back to starcraft.
And atleast when using 2 monitors, starting starcraft with this .dll screws up all other window positions on my desktop.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
imafriend123
Profile Joined October 2015
6 Posts
January 10 2016 19:44 GMT
#75
Still no fix for the asia server? Great mod works and all, but it doesn't work with on asia server. ):
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
January 11 2016 07:49 GMT
#76
On January 11 2016 04:44 imafriend123 wrote:
Still no fix for the asia server? Great mod works and all, but it doesn't work with on asia server. ):

The problem is that official Battle.net servers sends a DLL that checks for memory modifications in BW so unless there's a way around that, this fix will not work on official Battle.net servers.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-12 07:39:35
January 12 2016 07:39 GMT
#77
Wait what? Do i have to dl these files. Doesn't icc launcher update itself?

edit: nvm
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-13 08:40:24
January 13 2016 08:40 GMT
#78
On January 03 2016 23:30 outscar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2016 19:34 xboi209 wrote:

On January 03 2016 17:40 outscar wrote:
I got another request still I know no one wants to bother with it:
Is there a way to mix this lag fixed version with 1st release (0.01) since I really liked those blurred ClearType fonts in battle.net? I will be so grateful if xboi can restore those fonts since I prefer them smooth for my eyes.

There could be a custom version for you, I think I could do that later.


Ah thanks, I will be waiting.

After testing and playing with it all day long I got 50/50 miss when I split my workers. When I run normally without file I do much well. Maybe I'm carping and searching faults unreasonably when it's my own fault failing splitting workers as I used to but when you used to play the game so long you can feel that tiny difference. That means GAME NOT LAGGING but is it still 100% SAME as it used to be? So that's why I'm asking Scan to do another test of it.

Scan hasn't replied to me yet so can you test this version: http://www.bitpatch.com/downloads/war2_ddraw_minimal.zip
It'll only work on Windows 8 and Windows 10.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-13 14:56:12
January 13 2016 14:39 GMT
#79
On January 13 2016 17:40 xboi209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2016 23:30 outscar wrote:
On January 03 2016 19:34 xboi209 wrote:

On January 03 2016 17:40 outscar wrote:
I got another request still I know no one wants to bother with it:
Is there a way to mix this lag fixed version with 1st release (0.01) since I really liked those blurred ClearType fonts in battle.net? I will be so grateful if xboi can restore those fonts since I prefer them smooth for my eyes.

There could be a custom version for you, I think I could do that later.


Ah thanks, I will be waiting.

After testing and playing with it all day long I got 50/50 miss when I split my workers. When I run normally without file I do much well. Maybe I'm carping and searching faults unreasonably when it's my own fault failing splitting workers as I used to but when you used to play the game so long you can feel that tiny difference. That means GAME NOT LAGGING but is it still 100% SAME as it used to be? So that's why I'm asking Scan to do another test of it.

Scan hasn't replied to me yet so can you test this version: http://www.bitpatch.com/downloads/war2_ddraw_minimal.zip
It'll only work on Windows 8 and Windows 10.


I use Win7 but still tested it and it didn't affect anything, everything normal like without dll but rank icons are showing up! It's very similar of mcalauncher's Emulate Directdraw option. I kinda get used to 0.04 ver. but maybe stick around with this for now because it's perfect and not touching gameplay. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: When I Alt+tab or go out to my desktop with Windows key to check smth I can't go back to BW - it crashes. Not really big deal if you don't go out of game but if suddenly you need smth, or skype call to answer you're doomed.
sunbeams are never made like me...
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
January 13 2016 15:14 GMT
#80
0.04 is smooth as butter in 1v1 on Win7, , as long as you have CPU throttling turned off. It's really impressive how everything works like it did back in XP
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 149
RuFF_SC2 95
ProTech37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15896
Rain 2270
Artosis 628
Bale 15
NaDa 14
League of Legends
Doublelift3864
Counter-Strike
taco 331
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox677
Mew2King161
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor990
Other Games
summit1g8373
Day[9].tv670
JimRising 544
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS73
ViBE57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 152
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP60
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv670
• Scarra537
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 37m
OSC
20h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.