• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:22
CEST 22:22
KST 05:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7882 users

DDraw Fix by Aqrit - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
Ars0n_
Profile Joined August 2015
28 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-19 06:27:02
October 19 2016 05:51 GMT
#161
Is there any possibility this will work with Korean fonts in the future? *edit* The korean fonts work fine when I use wlauncher but if I try to play on iccup with mcalauncher none of the text works.
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
October 19 2016 23:56 GMT
#162
No one is interested in working on that right now.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
RedW4rr10r
Profile Joined January 2010
Switzerland749 Posts
October 20 2016 09:13 GMT
#163
On October 19 2016 14:51 Ars0n_ wrote:
Is there any possibility this will work with Korean fonts in the future? *edit* The korean fonts work fine when I use wlauncher but if I try to play on iccup with mcalauncher none of the text works.

Can't you use the DDraw Emulator on mca launcher? That works totally fine for me (which is the reason I can't use this ddraw.dll on its own, either).
Rip & Tear until it is done!
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
October 20 2016 21:28 GMT
#164
On October 20 2016 18:13 RedW4rr10r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2016 14:51 Ars0n_ wrote:
Is there any possibility this will work with Korean fonts in the future? *edit* The korean fonts work fine when I use wlauncher but if I try to play on iccup with mcalauncher none of the text works.

Can't you use the DDraw Emulator on mca launcher? That works totally fine for me (which is the reason I can't use this ddraw.dll on its own, either).

It doesn't fully fix the graphical problems that arises in Windows 7-10
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
RedW4rr10r
Profile Joined January 2010
Switzerland749 Posts
October 20 2016 23:41 GMT
#165
On October 21 2016 06:28 xboi209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2016 18:13 RedW4rr10r wrote:
On October 19 2016 14:51 Ars0n_ wrote:
Is there any possibility this will work with Korean fonts in the future? *edit* The korean fonts work fine when I use wlauncher but if I try to play on iccup with mcalauncher none of the text works.

Can't you use the DDraw Emulator on mca launcher? That works totally fine for me (which is the reason I can't use this ddraw.dll on its own, either).

It doesn't fully fix the graphical problems that arises in Windows 7-10

For me, I don't have any major color issues with the mca ddraw emulator. The only thing is when being in a chat channel, my bw window turns white at random times, but a tab out and tab back in fixes this - until it randomly turns white again.
But well ... it's worth it that hangul is shown properly ^^
Rip & Tear until it is done!
Th1rdEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1074 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-21 19:33:32
October 21 2016 19:27 GMT
#166
I used this DDraw fix.

In game, it seems "Okay" but if you're really really used to playing StarCraft you can notice a small delay of every command you make.

I tested in game vs comp, felt very delayed. No "lag" as we would think of it, but every command had an additional delay to it.

Took it off, and felt instantly better. Not worth fixing the random color errors when it will slow me down in game.


note: People have said that it is lag free. It is NOT for me. I use Windows 7, btw. Also, it feels delayed even in early game. I can't imagine playing a B/A++ rank player in late game with this fix on. I would probably pull my hair out.
from the days of: TheMarine [NC]...YellOw [H.O.T.]-Forever99 OgOgO [_MuMyung_] ChRh PlayGrrrr.... SlayerS_`BoxeR` [Oops]Reach [ReD]NaDa [DF]zergboy..!! Pusan[S.G] Nal_rA GARIMTO SSamJJang ChoJJa JinSu Silent_Control iloveoov H_PauL_WII JulyZerg [DaK]JoYo
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
October 21 2016 19:50 GMT
#167
On October 22 2016 04:27 Th1rdEye wrote:
I used this DDraw fix.

In game, it seems "Okay" but if you're really really used to playing StarCraft you can notice a small delay of every command you make.

I tested in game vs comp, felt very delayed. No "lag" as we would think of it, but every command had an additional delay to it.

Took it off, and felt instantly better. Not worth fixing the random color errors when it will slow me down in game.


note: People have said that it is lag free. It is NOT for me. I use Windows 7, btw. Also, it feels delayed even in early game. I can't imagine playing a B/A++ rank player in late game with this fix on. I would probably pull my hair out.

What version did you try?
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Th1rdEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1074 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-22 00:51:31
October 21 2016 20:05 GMT
#168
On October 22 2016 04:50 xboi209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2016 04:27 Th1rdEye wrote:
I used this DDraw fix.

In game, it seems "Okay" but if you're really really used to playing StarCraft you can notice a small delay of every command you make.

I tested in game vs comp, felt very delayed. No "lag" as we would think of it, but every command had an additional delay to it.

Took it off, and felt instantly better. Not worth fixing the random color errors when it will slow me down in game.


note: People have said that it is lag free. It is NOT for me. I use Windows 7, btw. Also, it feels delayed even in early game. I can't imagine playing a B/A++ rank player in late game with this fix on. I would probably pull my hair out.

What version did you try?


I used the latest version.

I just tried a different version, the original one I believe. It seems.. a bit better. I am not 100% sure yet.

Does it possibly affect the DPI settings or resolution for BW as compared without having it? I still notice a small change, but it seemed less delay and a bit more fluid. Still testing.

edit: I took it off again after a game vs computer where I got mutalisks to test micro etc. Without the fix, my game still runs way smoother and faster :/ Almost feels like just an overall FPS drop. Best way I can describe it is like.. say... someone's streaming a game and their comp just isnt QUITE good enough for it to be 100%, and their gameplay suffers like just by a tiny tiny bit because of an overall FPS drop.
from the days of: TheMarine [NC]...YellOw [H.O.T.]-Forever99 OgOgO [_MuMyung_] ChRh PlayGrrrr.... SlayerS_`BoxeR` [Oops]Reach [ReD]NaDa [DF]zergboy..!! Pusan[S.G] Nal_rA GARIMTO SSamJJang ChoJJa JinSu Silent_Control iloveoov H_PauL_WII JulyZerg [DaK]JoYo
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
October 21 2016 22:35 GMT
#169
Does this one fix turning white in lobby(this happens when i come back to bw screen from other tab like desktop)?
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-22 01:09:18
October 22 2016 01:07 GMT
#170
On October 22 2016 05:05 Th1rdEye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2016 04:50 xboi209 wrote:
On October 22 2016 04:27 Th1rdEye wrote:
I used this DDraw fix.

In game, it seems "Okay" but if you're really really used to playing StarCraft you can notice a small delay of every command you make.

I tested in game vs comp, felt very delayed. No "lag" as we would think of it, but every command had an additional delay to it.

Took it off, and felt instantly better. Not worth fixing the random color errors when it will slow me down in game.


note: People have said that it is lag free. It is NOT for me. I use Windows 7, btw. Also, it feels delayed even in early game. I can't imagine playing a B/A++ rank player in late game with this fix on. I would probably pull my hair out.

What version did you try?


I used the latest version.

I just tried a different version, the original one I believe. It seems.. a bit better. I am not 100% sure yet.

Does it possibly affect the DPI settings or resolution for BW as compared without having it? I still notice a small change, but it seemed less delay and a bit more fluid. Still testing.

edit: I took it off again after a game vs computer where I got mutalisks to test micro etc. Without the fix, my game still runs way smoother and faster :/ Almost feels like just an overall FPS drop. Best way I can describe it is like.. say... someone's streaming a game and their comp just isnt QUITE good enough for it to be 100%, and their gameplay suffers like just by a tiny tiny bit because of an overall FPS drop.

If you can't tell the difference between version .01 and .04, then I believe you're not using the latest version(0.04). Go to file properties -> details to check.

On October 22 2016 07:35 LaStScan wrote:
Does this one fix turning white in lobby(this happens when i come back to bw screen from other tab like desktop)?

I believe so, I haven't experienced it after using this.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
February 11 2017 00:11 GMT
#171
downloading this cuz i'm now so sick of white screen after i tab back to sc channel.
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
February 11 2017 00:34 GMT
#172
font looks a bit different (maybe for korean)
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
Th1rdEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1074 Posts
February 11 2017 04:40 GMT
#173
Another fix that will fix the color errors is closing Explorer.exe
from the days of: TheMarine [NC]...YellOw [H.O.T.]-Forever99 OgOgO [_MuMyung_] ChRh PlayGrrrr.... SlayerS_`BoxeR` [Oops]Reach [ReD]NaDa [DF]zergboy..!! Pusan[S.G] Nal_rA GARIMTO SSamJJang ChoJJa JinSu Silent_Control iloveoov H_PauL_WII JulyZerg [DaK]JoYo
Gibbs
Profile Joined May 2017
1 Post
Last Edited: 2017-05-30 17:07:07
May 30 2017 05:47 GMT
#174
This mod is not working for me. The issue with my game is that even though it is supposed to be 4:3, it is being stretched out to 16 : 9 (which makes the game look awful). I am using the Brood War version here http://broodwar.net/ (1.16.1). The reason I'm not using 1.18 US West version (which works just fine on my PC), is because for some reason iCCup does not work on 1.18. I am using Windows 10.
reddit: PM_ME_RIVENS_FEET
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
May 30 2017 06:53 GMT
#175
This DLL doesn't change your aspect ratio
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
May 30 2017 08:17 GMT
#176
change the aspect ratio in your graphics card settings
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Iggyhopper
Profile Joined July 2010
United States259 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-06 05:52:11
August 06 2023 04:53 GMT
#177
I just wanted to point out that it took about an hour or two of searching before I found and attempted this fix. It worked! I have an old 2013 ProBook that I still use from time to time and I upgraded it to a fresh install of Windows 10 22H2 and used the SC Classic installer to get 1.16.1.

I immediately had noticeable stuttering until I dropped the ddraw.dll into the game folder, and it is now running very well. I also tried the -ddemulate option and that works too, but the ddraw fix has absolutely zero stutter of the mouse on the main screen compared to ddemulate.

Amazing work!
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 156
ProTech145
JuggernautJason64
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 197
Dewaltoss 111
Hyuk 71
Bale 17
Dota 2
Gorgc10068
League of Legends
Doublelift724
Counter-Strike
fl0m1615
Fnx 758
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4418
Khaldor1031
crisheroes1013
Liquid`Hasu577
Other Games
summit1g6805
FrodaN2313
shahzam407
KnowMe341
XBOCT294
C9.Mang0181
ArmadaUGS152
ZombieGrub30
Trikslyr26
CosmosSc2 22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV273
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 38m
Online Event
14h 38m
FEL
19h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.