• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:38
CEST 20:38
KST 03:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8158 users

DDraw Fix by Aqrit - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
February 05 2016 05:38 GMT
#101
On February 05 2016 13:56 xboi209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 05:27 LaStScan wrote:
On February 05 2016 03:18 xboi209 wrote:
On February 04 2016 15:40 WinterViewbot420 wrote:
Found a bug, boss!

[image loading]

Are you on Windows 7 and did this occur after alt+tabbing?

I thought I showed you this alt tab bug 3 weeks ago on skype?

Yeah, I'm looking to collect additional reports and information.


Can you tell me what did you change to fix the blury fonts?
aqrit
Profile Joined January 2016
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 06:48:38
February 05 2016 06:45 GMT
#102
blury fonts

I'd be interested in hearing specs from people who have blurry fonts...
OS,
desktop resolution,
graphics card,
desktop dpi (if known)
languages other than english?
ddraw.dll version

um... whats the bug?

not fullscreen ?
alt+enter (once or twice) should change it back to fullscreen... ?

or missing name?
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 06:54:49
February 05 2016 06:48 GMT
#103
On February 05 2016 14:38 WrathSCII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 13:56 xboi209 wrote:
On February 05 2016 05:27 LaStScan wrote:
On February 05 2016 03:18 xboi209 wrote:
On February 04 2016 15:40 WinterViewbot420 wrote:
Found a bug, boss!

[image loading]

Are you on Windows 7 and did this occur after alt+tabbing?

I thought I showed you this alt tab bug 3 weeks ago on skype?

Yeah, I'm looking to collect additional reports and information.


Can you tell me what did you change to fix the blury fonts?

Aqrit changed the code to disable anti-aliasing in 0.02
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
WinterViewbot420
Profile Blog Joined December 2015
345 Posts
February 05 2016 08:10 GMT
#104
On February 05 2016 15:45 aqrit wrote:
Show nested quote +
blury fonts

I'd be interested in hearing specs from people who have blurry fonts...
OS,
desktop resolution,
graphics card,
desktop dpi (if known)
languages other than english?
ddraw.dll version

Show nested quote +
um... whats the bug?

not fullscreen ?
alt+enter (once or twice) should change it back to fullscreen... ?

or missing name?

It's custom Windows font smoothing, basically antialiasing for your fonts. At such a low resolution it just makes fonts look blurry.
aqrit
Profile Joined January 2016
13 Posts
February 05 2016 17:35 GMT
#105
blurry fonts

on the StarCraft.exe -> properties -> compatibility tab
select the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"


I'll try a more aggressive approach to disabling this in the next update...
apparently the dpiaware.manifest included in ddraw.dll does nothing,
so instead I'll try calling SetProcessDPIAware() directly.
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
February 05 2016 18:11 GMT
#106
we love you for this!
Moderator
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
February 05 2016 18:18 GMT
#107
On January 03 2016 17:40 outscar wrote:
I got another request still I know no one wants to bother with it:
Is there a way to mix this lag fixed version with 1st release (0.01) since I really liked those blurred ClearType fonts in battle.net? I will be so grateful if xboi can restore those fonts since I prefer them smooth for my eyes.


Once Aqrit is here to fix blur I beg him opposite to restore blur for latest version, if it's not difficult for me like I quoted above. Thank you a lot.
sunbeams are never made like me...
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
February 05 2016 19:58 GMT
#108
On February 05 2016 15:45 aqrit wrote:
Show nested quote +
blury fonts

I'd be interested in hearing specs from people who have blurry fonts...
OS,
desktop resolution,
graphics card,
desktop dpi (if known)
languages other than english?
ddraw.dll version

Show nested quote +
um... whats the bug?

not fullscreen ?
alt+enter (once or twice) should change it back to fullscreen... ?

or missing name?


I actually asked because I want those blury fonts back

I heard they were fixed in version 0.2 and remained fixed in version 0.4

So I'm wondering if it is a possible to get a version with the lag fix but with blury fonts.
mca64Launcher_
Profile Joined June 2015
Poland629 Posts
February 05 2016 21:42 GMT
#109
On February 06 2016 02:35 aqrit wrote:
Show nested quote +
blurry fonts

on the StarCraft.exe -> properties -> compatibility tab
select the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"


I'll try a more aggressive approach to disabling this in the next update...
apparently the dpiaware.manifest included in ddraw.dll does nothing,
so instead I'll try calling SetProcessDPIAware() directly.


i think propertties will only works when starctaft is run without launchers.
WinterViewbot420
Profile Blog Joined December 2015
345 Posts
February 06 2016 00:06 GMT
#110
On February 06 2016 06:42 mca64Launcher_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2016 02:35 aqrit wrote:
blurry fonts

on the StarCraft.exe -> properties -> compatibility tab
select the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"


I'll try a more aggressive approach to disabling this in the next update...
apparently the dpiaware.manifest included in ddraw.dll does nothing,
so instead I'll try calling SetProcessDPIAware() directly.


i think propertties will only works when starctaft is run without launchers.

Seems to work no matter what for me.
WinterViewbot420
Profile Blog Joined December 2015
345 Posts
February 07 2016 03:59 GMT
#111
[image loading]
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
March 11 2016 15:30 GMT
#112
Bumping because this is the best tool released for BW in the past 4 years in my opinion!

It's really awesome, give it a shot if you haven't.
Moderator
evanchristo
Profile Joined October 2015
Australia12 Posts
March 12 2016 05:03 GMT
#113
worked great for me ( win 10)
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
March 12 2016 07:27 GMT
#114
wow, worked perfect on window 10, nicely done
ScOULaris
Profile Joined June 2015
26 Posts
March 19 2016 02:54 GMT
#115
Whoa! Just decided to check back in on the Brood War world and saw this awesome thread. Aqrit's DLL works perfectly!

All BNET menus display properly now, and I'm not seeing any performance impact whatsoever. If only we could use this on official BNET servers. That would pretty much be perfect.

So now I'm trying out ICCUP since it allows me to use this DLL, but I'm finding it to be a bit less active for UMS play than US East/West. Seems like no matter what I do in my attempts to play UMS maps consistently online there is always some kind of compromise. If only everyone who likes UMS could agree to jump over to ICCUP.
WinterViewbot420
Profile Blog Joined December 2015
345 Posts
March 19 2016 07:38 GMT
#116
On March 19 2016 11:54 ScOULaris wrote:
Whoa! Just decided to check back in on the Brood War world and saw this awesome thread. Aqrit's DLL works perfectly!

All BNET menus display properly now, and I'm not seeing any performance impact whatsoever. If only we could use this on official BNET servers. That would pretty much be perfect.

So now I'm trying out ICCUP since it allows me to use this DLL, but I'm finding it to be a bit less active for UMS play than US East/West. Seems like no matter what I do in my attempts to play UMS maps consistently online there is always some kind of compromise. If only everyone who likes UMS could agree to jump over to ICCUP.

There's like a gajillion UMS lobbies on Fish, but I am not a big fan of UMS.

And wtf people still play Bnet servers!? Last time I went on there were like 20 people
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
March 20 2016 20:13 GMT
#117
I'm looking into a workaround to allow this DLL to be loaded while connecting to Battle.net
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
ScOULaris
Profile Joined June 2015
26 Posts
March 20 2016 21:38 GMT
#118
On March 21 2016 05:13 xboi209 wrote:
I'm looking into a workaround to allow this DLL to be loaded while connecting to Battle.net

That would be insanely fantastic if it ends up being possible. Best of all worlds.
Malkiyah
Profile Joined April 2012
Russian Federation92 Posts
March 20 2016 21:55 GMT
#119
many respects to you, xboi209.
aqrit
Profile Joined January 2016
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-21 00:01:51
March 21 2016 00:00 GMT
#120
IMO
1. Any new official patch is practically required to address this issue.
2. The anti-cheat is not there to be circumvented.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 258
ProTech145
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 26
CosmosSc2 21
JuggernautJason7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25069
Shuttle 704
Hyuk 168
White-Ra 116
Dewaltoss 101
firebathero 76
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Shine 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9556
qojqva1629
Counter-Strike
fl0m1399
Fnx 840
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1385
Grubby1295
Khaldor1270
Liquid`Hasu501
Other Games
summit1g3921
FrodaN1550
Beastyqt546
Mlord311
XBOCT289
ArmadaUGS181
C9.Mang0179
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH327
• StrangeGG 64
• Hinosc 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 22m
Online Event
16h 22m
FEL
21h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.