• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:49
CEST 12:49
KST 19:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12160 users

BW General Discussion - Page 29

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 521 Next
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
January 24 2014 17:29 GMT
#561
I just keep an order of what I want, for PvZ I just tell my self what to spend my gas on in which order, add gates when I build this building, take third when zealot leg speed finishes, etc. So while I don't have a build in the way of population, I have a build in that I know what building I want to have after this has been completed
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
January 25 2014 11:27 GMT
#562
Any good ZvTs lately?
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
January 25 2014 11:43 GMT
#563
On January 25 2014 20:27 StutteR wrote:
Any good ZvTs lately?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402419&currentpage=17#340

On January 09 2014 05:11 JohnChoi wrote:
oh my god the race wars on sonic event match!!
+ Show Spoiler +
zero turning on the beast mode busting out all kinds of stuff.. + Show Spoiler +
double stack muta control!!

I haven't seen in it yet.
En Taro Violet
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
January 27 2014 00:07 GMT
#564
I just remembered some game where flash pushed with bio and microed until he only had a single firebat that killed some lings. Can't find the vod. Any thoughts/clues?
maru G5L pls
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
January 27 2014 01:54 GMT
#565
On January 27 2014 09:07 neptunusfisk wrote:
I just remembered some game where flash pushed with bio and microed until he only had a single firebat that killed some lings. Can't find the vod. Any thoughts/clues?

this is what comes to mind


it's not flash, firebat, nor zerglings though ;;
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-28 00:01:52
January 28 2014 00:01 GMT
#566
Im gonna start dedicating a few hours a day to learn BW ...a combo of this awesome forum,Starbow,and the GoM classic tournament/tasteless stream has inspired me.

Just curious if anyone has some general tips ? If YOU had to learn BW over from scratch how would you do it ? Right now Im just gonna play through both campaigns since the storyline intrigues me anyway. Then I will most likely spend a chunk of time improving my macro in a map by myself to a level where I will at least not be laughed out of every game.

Although it doesn't mean that much I DID put about 2 years into sc2 and got myself to a masters level so that should help but I know its not going to be easy.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-28 00:35:06
January 28 2014 00:21 GMT
#567
On January 28 2014 09:01 KDot2 wrote:
Im gonna start dedicating a few hours a day to learn BW ...a combo of this awesome forum,Starbow,and the GoM classic tournament/tasteless stream has inspired me.

Just curious if anyone has some general tips ? If YOU had to learn BW over from scratch how would you do it ? Right now Im just gonna play through both campaigns since the storyline intrigues me anyway. Then I will most likely spend a chunk of time improving my macro in a map by myself to a level where I will at least not be laughed out of every game.

Although it doesn't mean that much I DID put about 2 years into sc2 and got myself to a masters level so that should help but I know its not going to be easy.

while playing through the campaign is good, I would only do it for the story and maybe some of the micro levels(the ones where you have x units to work with and have to get to the end of the level and such). I wouldn't bother spending a chunk of time just improving macro in a map by yourself. That's just boring lol. Watch streams, pick up what compositions and things you should/shouldn't do, be familiar with the units(campaign should help you with hotkeys), keep in mind camera keys and control groups(how to group things and such) then play games on iccup. If you can make a game, then you can specify the level of opponent so you can always go for D- in your game name. Be prepared to lose x games before you start to macro well enough to win some here and there and just keep playing, trying different strats, having fun and you'll improve as time goes

Other thing I'll write is how I do my own control groups and camera keys as terran. Keep in mind that this is how I do them so yours and I'm sure other TL members will likely differ depending on what you're accustomed to and such:
1- marines/firebats
2- marines (early on, usually only medics since you'll have about 12 marines/firebats)
3- medics
4- tanks
5- science vessels
6- cc
7- cc
8,9- scans

F1- production structures
F2- location infront of exp(can probably change to another production structure location)
F3- new location to rerally

Idea is to tap F1 to get to production structures and click buildings to make units. The reason the units are done in that order from my perspective are that marines need to stim however they can't stim with medics so if you have marine/medics in a control group, you'll need to select marines to stim then adding another un-necessary step. 4 is tanks by themselves to siege up fast when I need to since like marines, if there was something else at same time, you can't siege them all at once. These groups are what I'm most comfortable with atm but you can always change them as needed. If mech, it's usually vultures for beginning groups then tanks and goliaths(not sure which goes first tbh lol) then vessels. With protoss, you want zealots first then dragoons then eventually spellcasters. It's the general structure. For zerg, you don't need to play that late game OP race so I won't help you there jk jk but I dunno how they use control groups and such. I think you can use camera for hatcheries then just hotkey units(other than zerglings) and spellcasters while you can just a-move zerglings and spread them out during the attack to avoid storms and such. At least, that's plausible from my perspective

Aside from that, liquipedia is a great guide to seeing more about builds if you want to go that route(I just wing it and play as I want lol). Good luck
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
January 28 2014 00:23 GMT
#568
On January 28 2014 09:01 KDot2 wrote:
Im gonna start dedicating a few hours a day to learn BW ...a combo of this awesome forum,Starbow,and the GoM classic tournament/tasteless stream has inspired me.

Just curious if anyone has some general tips ? If YOU had to learn BW over from scratch how would you do it ? Right now Im just gonna play through both campaigns since the storyline intrigues me anyway. Then I will most likely spend a chunk of time improving my macro in a map by myself to a level where I will at least not be laughed out of every game.

Although it doesn't mean that much I DID put about 2 years into sc2 and got myself to a masters level so that should help but I know its not going to be easy.


I started playing terran (previous BW experience being a long time ago as protoss) on ICCUp a few days ago. Not doing so well!
0-10 wins/losses today. But despite the glaring D- it feels as though I've made some progress.

If you've been masters you shouldn't have any problems, I think. Practice some standard build a few times and play the people you can find online. After a while you should be able beat at least one of them! And then just continue with that.

/previously plat in hots and horribad longtime bw noob
maru G5L pls
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
January 28 2014 03:29 GMT
#569
So has the Windows 7 BW color bug thing ever been fixed? It's time to install BW again but I dunno if I cba if I get the messed up colors whenever I try to play
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
January 28 2014 04:30 GMT
#570
use mcalauncher or wlauncher they have color fix built in
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 28 2014 05:06 GMT
#571
On January 28 2014 12:29 Complete wrote:
So has the Windows 7 BW color bug thing ever been fixed? It's time to install BW again but I dunno if I cba if I get the messed up colors whenever I try to play

there was a .reg file posted a while back. That fixes some of the color issues I had in the MP screens but I'm guessing yours was much worse?
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
fencer
Profile Joined October 2011
122 Posts
January 28 2014 06:34 GMT
#572
Better fix it or Hot_Bid will come screaming in your vent channel.
Disc Golf is Awesome! Thought I'd throw that out there =)
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
January 28 2014 07:00 GMT
#573
FIX DA CULAARRZZZ
awwww buttfuuuuuck
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Beamer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States242 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-28 07:06:24
January 28 2014 07:05 GMT
#574
Here is the Brood War color fix

On January 28 2014 13:30 JohnChoi wrote:
use mcalauncher or wlauncher they have color fix built in

Which launcher would you recommend and why?
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
January 28 2014 07:42 GMT
#575
I use wlauncher and the color fix works great. I think mcalauncher just has wlauncher in it so the features from wlauncher carry over but it also has other features + its in english so if you don't know korean then mcalauncher is the launcher for you. but if you wanna use wlauncher theres a check box under settings
[image loading]
which you check and it fixes color issues.
There are some ppl though who have color issues and the problem stems from graphix card drivers or something
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
January 28 2014 07:55 GMT
#576
On January 28 2014 09:01 KDot2 wrote:
Im gonna start dedicating a few hours a day to learn BW ...a combo of this awesome forum,Starbow,and the GoM classic tournament/tasteless stream has inspired me.

Just curious if anyone has some general tips ? If YOU had to learn BW over from scratch how would you do it ? Right now Im just gonna play through both campaigns since the storyline intrigues me anyway. Then I will most likely spend a chunk of time improving my macro in a map by myself to a level where I will at least not be laughed out of every game.

Although it doesn't mean that much I DID put about 2 years into sc2 and got myself to a masters level so that should help but I know its not going to be easy.


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Portal:Beginners
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
January 28 2014 08:01 GMT
#577
um when I first played bw i had to teach myself.
my first goal was to defeat the computer without walling (im T) and cheating.
then when I was able to do that, I tried to perfect the worker split (splitting the workers in the beginning so that they each have 1 mineral patch). it should be smooth.
next was to memorize and stick to a BO in each match up. its just to get the feel of things and timings.
watch some pros or the gom tv classic where tasteless casted.
then brought some lube and prepared myself to get raped in ICCup so hard that shit just drop off my ass.

that's just me though, just sharing.
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 28 2014 09:56 GMT
#578
On January 27 2014 10:54 Epoxide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2014 09:07 neptunusfisk wrote:
I just remembered some game where flash pushed with bio and microed until he only had a single firebat that killed some lings. Can't find the vod. Any thoughts/clues?

this is what comes to mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke9Lc14Z2Us

it's not flash, firebat, nor zerglings though ;;


I feed Sadness at that video
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
January 28 2014 10:01 GMT
#579
http://esportsexpress.com/2014/01/tasteless-reignites-passion-with-former-flame/

you gotta love esex
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Rampager
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia1007 Posts
January 28 2014 16:25 GMT
#580
On January 28 2014 19:01 icystorage wrote:
http://esportsexpress.com/2014/01/tasteless-reignites-passion-with-former-flame/

you gotta love esex


Esex is so good, their articles are consistently hilarious and this one is no exception.

Does anyone else find the recent explosion of BW events crazy? I have no idea where all these BW events are coming from, my only regret is there's not enough time in the day to watch BW and DotA
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 521 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings148
CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 10754
FanTaSy 1684
Hyuk 816
Horang2 564
BeSt 425
Pusan 214
Stork 190
Killer 112
Zeus 109
Mind 109
[ Show more ]
Last 106
EffOrt 78
sorry 78
Hyun 61
ggaemo 58
Snow 45
PianO 44
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 35
Hm[arnc] 31
JYJ 25
Aegong 15
Sacsri 12
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe194
Counter-Strike
fl0m1188
byalli761
x6flipin222
Other Games
gofns38870
singsing2543
ArmadaUGS74
Mew2King72
B2W.Neo0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 1
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 11m
Replay Cast
12h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 11m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.