• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:31
CEST 08:31
KST 15:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8869 users

BW General Discussion - Page 28

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 521 Next
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
January 21 2014 07:12 GMT
#541
I didn't closely follow that brief proleague season they held.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/1st_SOSPA_King_of_the_Hill_Proleague
Why wasn't SKT in the playoffs even though they were in first place?
Refer to my post.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 21 2014 07:23 GMT
#542
So apparently Boxer has been married for like 2.5 years but they didn't have an official wedding.

I wonder what their kids will be like.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
January 21 2014 07:23 GMT
#543
On January 21 2014 16:12 Zenbrez wrote:
I didn't closely follow that brief proleague season they held.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/1st_SOSPA_King_of_the_Hill_Proleague
Why wasn't SKT in the playoffs even though they were in first place?

Larva was hospitalized, s2 quit or sth, Bisu too busy with bsports.
En Taro Violet
Hoender
Profile Joined March 2011
South Africa382 Posts
January 21 2014 07:36 GMT
#544
On January 21 2014 16:23 Stratos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 16:12 Zenbrez wrote:
I didn't closely follow that brief proleague season they held.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/1st_SOSPA_King_of_the_Hill_Proleague
Why wasn't SKT in the playoffs even though they were in first place?

Larva was hospitalized, s2 quit or sth, Bisu too busy with bsports.

Bit off topic, but why was Larva in the hospital? I heard something about him falling out of an apartment building, but how could that ever be possible, right? Not even Terror would go that far for Balloons(?!!)
Die ou swepe sê: "daar's 'n raat vir elke kwaal," maar watse pil kou jy as die donker jou kom haal?
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
January 21 2014 07:38 GMT
#545
On January 21 2014 16:36 Hoender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 16:23 Stratos wrote:
On January 21 2014 16:12 Zenbrez wrote:
I didn't closely follow that brief proleague season they held.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/1st_SOSPA_King_of_the_Hill_Proleague
Why wasn't SKT in the playoffs even though they were in first place?

Larva was hospitalized, s2 quit or sth, Bisu too busy with bsports.

Bit off topic, but why was Larva in the hospital? I heard something about him falling out of an apartment building, but how could that ever be possible, right? Not even Terror would go that far for Balloons(?!!)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=344940&currentpage=9#178
En Taro Violet
Hoender
Profile Joined March 2011
South Africa382 Posts
January 21 2014 09:11 GMT
#546
On January 21 2014 16:38 Stratos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 16:36 Hoender wrote:
On January 21 2014 16:23 Stratos wrote:
On January 21 2014 16:12 Zenbrez wrote:
I didn't closely follow that brief proleague season they held.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/1st_SOSPA_King_of_the_Hill_Proleague
Why wasn't SKT in the playoffs even though they were in first place?

Larva was hospitalized, s2 quit or sth, Bisu too busy with bsports.

Bit off topic, but why was Larva in the hospital? I heard something about him falling out of an apartment building, but how could that ever be possible, right? Not even Terror would go that far for Balloons(?!!)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=344940&currentpage=9#178

omw wtf, I really thought people were joking in snipe chat o.o
Die ou swepe sê: "daar's 'n raat vir elke kwaal," maar watse pil kou jy as die donker jou kom haal?
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-22 10:13:43
January 22 2014 10:12 GMT
#547
yesterday was like 10+ hours of BW matches (LoveTV semi B, AHCL, 41SL, LoveTV bronze match)

today there are 3 events going on simultaneously, maybe even 4 if AAS goes on long enough @_@ so crazy, wish I could stay up for this lol
Writerptrk
miercat
Profile Joined November 2011
394 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-22 23:19:14
January 22 2014 22:59 GMT
#548
Issue regarding Liquibet: On the Liquibet page, there is a "stats" link underneath each player's picture, that links to the players profile on: ]TLPD - BW - Korean - Player Information(which essentially lists the Professional BW gaming stats for the given player - generally preceding 2011/2012).
On the other hand, there is another segment of TLPD that lists the player stats for e.g. the recently active amateur tournaments, (e.g. SOSPA, SSL): TLPD - BW - Amateur - Player Information

The issue is, is that although the "stats" link for players directs you to the "Professional Korean Index" - containing essentially information only from before 2011/2012, ---it is actually the "TLPD Amateur Index" which contains the more recent and relevant information regarding which current liquibets to choose. I primarily utilized the Amateur Index when choosing my picks (6/8 so far - although it doesn't show correctly in rankings), however, I had to individually search and open each player's Amateur Index pages (I only use Pro BW Index, or other info, if the pick is quite close)(additionally, many of the current players included in Liquibet have no, or very little, info on the Korean Index).

It's not a huge issue, and I'm not sure how the site works, and if there are technical issues, in choosing what links go where, but all things equal, I think it would be much more useful if the "stats" link for players, on the liquibet page, linked to the Amateur Index (at least until the Professional Scene comes back).
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
January 22 2014 23:00 GMT
#549
Everything about liquibet is bad programming. I'm not sure how easy it is to change. Having it link to SOSPA TLPD would be more informative.
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
miercat
Profile Joined November 2011
394 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-22 23:56:58
January 22 2014 23:08 GMT
#550
There are 2 main tabs on players` TLPD pages: 1) Main Info 2) Record and Games. Currently, the player "stats", on the Liquibet page, link to "Record and Games".

Poll: It would be more useful if player "stats" on Liquibet page, linked to:

"Main Info" (6)
 
86%

"Record and Games" (1)
 
14%

7 total votes

Your vote: It would be more useful if player "stats" on Liquibet page, linked to:

(Vote): "Main Info"
(Vote): "Record and Games"



KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
January 24 2014 04:07 GMT
#551
what kind of a community/player base is still playing BW ?

If I were to start playing is there a lot of NA players to play with ?

Do people still make guides and stuff ?
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
January 24 2014 06:57 GMT
#552
I'm from US and still play
People usually play on iccup so it just depends on what time you're on and you'll see Europeans Americans Asians all on
People still write guides but it's not a frequent thing as it requires a lot of knowledge and time
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
January 24 2014 07:06 GMT
#553
all the guide(s) you need is in the liquipedia
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
January 24 2014 07:54 GMT
#554
why are there no terrans on iccup T_T..

played 20 games without a single terran
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 24 2014 08:54 GMT
#555
On January 24 2014 16:54 SnowFantasy wrote:
why are there no terrans on iccup T_T..

played 20 games without a single terran

Are you Terran yourself? People usually offrace vT.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
January 24 2014 09:18 GMT
#556
theres still a huge community
and there are loads of of players for each race
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
January 24 2014 16:38 GMT
#557
Does anyone play without builds? I try to play completely random these days. Just choosing whatever I want to be my next building or unit.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
January 24 2014 16:42 GMT
#558
I actually never learned any builds properly. I sort of knew what I need to do in each match-up and I would just wing the timings and stuff. Well, I only learned BGH/Hunters builds properly, which is why I sometimes I use them in 1v1 games as well, although they don't work out that well there ^^.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-24 16:55:26
January 24 2014 16:49 GMT
#559
On January 25 2014 01:38 BisuDagger wrote:
Does anyone play without builds? I try to play completely random these days. Just choosing whatever I want to be my next building or unit.

I do! lol. I'm not a bigfan of playing BW to stick to a BO although I will agree that if you do, you'll likely get your units out faster(depends on what you're going for and macro). For ex, TvZ, I almost always 1 rax FE(11 rax 16 cc(inbase if close or fast pool/low ground if cross or later pool)) etc... and that changes depending on what my opponent is doing(I've ended up going 2 rax(added a second one right next to first) as soon as I scouted a 7 pool(pool was finished, 6 or 7 was likely imo)). It makes the game more fun this way

On January 24 2014 13:07 KDot2 wrote:
what kind of a community/player base is still playing BW ?

If I were to start playing is there a lot of NA players to play with ?

Do people still make guides and stuff ?

yes, there is still a community playing and it's all over as in I've played against people from US, peru, korea, belgium etc... As long as you can make games on iccup and are on at a good time(4am EST for ex is bad timing lol), you'll find someone to join your game pretty fast I believe. You just have to forward some ports on your router and you're good for that.

As for guides, liquipedia is pretty informative in terms of how to play the matchups and you also have medry's stream for previous pro games to see compositions and such and you have fpv on snipealot. Not to mention SSL currently ongoing as well as LoveTV and Sonic's PL. What kind of guide are you looking for?
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
January 24 2014 17:25 GMT
#560
I was religious to builds when I laddered a lot. Now it's just like, I should go for this dunno how to get there
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 521 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 455
Hyuk 275
Leta 227
Hyun 93
Hm[arnc] 33
ZergMaN 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g8941
WinterStarcraft523
Nina104
ArmadaUGS64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick804
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Rush1458
• Lourlo994
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 29m
INu's Battles
5h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 29m
Replay Cast
16h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.