• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:03
CEST 07:03
KST 14:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8185 users

BW General Discussion - Page 26

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 521 Next
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 11 2014 01:44 GMT
#501
On January 11 2014 10:42 Tenda wrote:
So I just started playing bw again just for fun. And one thing that's really annoying me is the fact sometimes my hatcheries simply don't make units when I tell them to. So if I have a hatchery hotkeyed to '2', and I simply hit '2sd' very quickly, the hatchery simply won't make the units. It only seems to happen when I'm hitting the hotkeys very fast. I'm just trying to figure out what causes this to happen because it seems to happen very often, and I'm have trouble replicating the problem. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? And does anyone know what causes this to happen?

You are doing it too fast is all.

Slow it down a bit.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
DiMiaN
Profile Joined October 2013
Finland306 Posts
January 11 2014 09:54 GMT
#502
Could be that you are holding down 's' while you are pressing 'd'.
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
January 11 2014 09:55 GMT
#503
No I think it's what Harem said, I had the same problem. Slowing down feels counter-intuitive in BW but I guess it's the way to go...
En Taro Violet
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
January 11 2014 11:02 GMT
#504
On January 07 2014 16:36 Caladbolg wrote:
Who's the best "era" TvTer? By this I mean who was the best in TvT in a competitive TvT era? Just from statistics, it's easy to say Flash (considering ELO, winrate), but in his "era," he pretty much had only two elite TvT players - Fantasy and Skyhigh - to truly contend with. Light, Baby, Sea, Leta etc didn't seem to be at that level. At the same time, I can't think of any other Terran who had to contend with more than 2 TvT rivals. So does Flash have an easy claim on being the most dominant TvTer for all eras?

Or would it be Xellos? Oov? Nada?


Sorry but what, how was Leta not a Elite-TvT'er?
Jaedong & Faker
Plissken_2097
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Spain628 Posts
January 13 2014 23:05 GMT
#505
Just had an awful bitter moment, just want to share a heads up to anyone that can stumble on the same rock. After those 2 last days results, seeing this thread on the community news and reading the first line almost pops my heart out. If you've got filtered sc2 content you're save, but just in case...phew.
Formerly Golondrin
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
January 13 2014 23:06 GMT
#506
On January 11 2014 20:02 Thinasy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 16:36 Caladbolg wrote:
Who's the best "era" TvTer? By this I mean who was the best in TvT in a competitive TvT era? Just from statistics, it's easy to say Flash (considering ELO, winrate), but in his "era," he pretty much had only two elite TvT players - Fantasy and Skyhigh - to truly contend with. Light, Baby, Sea, Leta etc didn't seem to be at that level. At the same time, I can't think of any other Terran who had to contend with more than 2 TvT rivals. So does Flash have an easy claim on being the most dominant TvTer for all eras?

Or would it be Xellos? Oov? Nada?


Sorry but what, how was Leta not a Elite-TvT'er?

he's just comparing him to flash i think.
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1209 Posts
January 14 2014 00:53 GMT
#507
On January 14 2014 08:05 Golondrin wrote:
Just had an awful bitter moment, just want to share a heads up to anyone that can stumble on the same rock. After those 2 last days results, seeing this thread on the community news and reading the first line almost pops my heart out. If you've got filtered sc2 content you're save, but just in case...phew.

I saw it as i got onto my laptop which has SC2 unfiltered. He is just moving to LOL so its not like he is giving up gaming at all. Best of wishes to his LOL Career. Come a long way since WCG pan american Championship 2010.(Taking out Fenix) Directly off the wiki.
Flash should fear Sacsri
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-14 01:24:31
January 14 2014 01:24 GMT
#508
On January 14 2014 09:53 art_of_turtle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 08:05 Golondrin wrote:
Just had an awful bitter moment, just want to share a heads up to anyone that can stumble on the same rock. After those 2 last days results, seeing this thread on the community news and reading the first line almost pops my heart out. If you've got filtered sc2 content you're save, but just in case...phew.

I saw it as i got onto my laptop which has SC2 unfiltered. He is just moving to LOL so its not like he is giving up gaming at all. Best of wishes to his LOL Career. Come a long way since WCG pan american Championship 2010.(Taking out Fenix) Directly off the wiki.


I think he was scared because he thought it was the Korean Killer (lol)
Writer
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
January 14 2014 02:22 GMT
#509
On January 11 2014 10:44 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 10:42 Tenda wrote:
So I just started playing bw again just for fun. And one thing that's really annoying me is the fact sometimes my hatcheries simply don't make units when I tell them to. So if I have a hatchery hotkeyed to '2', and I simply hit '2sd' very quickly, the hatchery simply won't make the units. It only seems to happen when I'm hitting the hotkeys very fast. I'm just trying to figure out what causes this to happen because it seems to happen very often, and I'm have trouble replicating the problem. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? And does anyone know what causes this to happen?

You are doing it too fast is all.

Slow it down a bit.

to be more specific: in bw, if you press one key and then press another key before releasing that first key, stuff won't work the way you want it to (iirc the second keystroke won't register). you have to release the first key before pressing the second key.
brood war for life, brood war forever
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 14 2014 02:34 GMT
#510
On January 14 2014 11:22 Crunchums wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 10:44 Harem wrote:
On January 11 2014 10:42 Tenda wrote:
So I just started playing bw again just for fun. And one thing that's really annoying me is the fact sometimes my hatcheries simply don't make units when I tell them to. So if I have a hatchery hotkeyed to '2', and I simply hit '2sd' very quickly, the hatchery simply won't make the units. It only seems to happen when I'm hitting the hotkeys very fast. I'm just trying to figure out what causes this to happen because it seems to happen very often, and I'm have trouble replicating the problem. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? And does anyone know what causes this to happen?

You are doing it too fast is all.

Slow it down a bit.

to be more specific: in bw, if you press one key and then press another key before releasing that first key, stuff won't work the way you want it to (iirc the second keystroke won't register). you have to release the first key before pressing the second key.

hmm makes sense. I've also had the same issues, though not as much recently.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
ZeroChrome
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-14 21:50:59
January 14 2014 21:47 GMT
#511
Just found this video: reaver daebak collection. Enjoy. If you've already seen this and this is a repost, enjoy it again because it's awesome.



Also mine daebaks

Forward
Kanil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1713 Posts
January 14 2014 22:17 GMT
#512
On January 14 2014 10:24 ]343[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 09:53 art_of_turtle wrote:
On January 14 2014 08:05 Golondrin wrote:
Just had an awful bitter moment, just want to share a heads up to anyone that can stumble on the same rock. After those 2 last days results, seeing this thread on the community news and reading the first line almost pops my heart out. If you've got filtered sc2 content you're save, but just in case...phew.

I saw it as i got onto my laptop which has SC2 unfiltered. He is just moving to LOL so its not like he is giving up gaming at all. Best of wishes to his LOL Career. Come a long way since WCG pan american Championship 2010.(Taking out Fenix) Directly off the wiki.


I think he was scared because he thought it was the Korean Killer (lol)

It's like that time Lee Young-Ho retired.
I used to have an Oz icon over here ---->
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 15 2014 06:16 GMT
#513

Watch at about 9:45 or so then d-matrix! lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-17 15:25:32
January 17 2014 15:25 GMT
#514
I officially took a half day off for Bisu's SSL Group. I will be casting it live.
edit: Prepare for bias!!!!!!!!!!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-17 19:31:50
January 17 2014 19:27 GMT
#515
This was the most passive aggressive GG I've ever played against
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]

On a side note my PvZ seems to be improving...I guess most Zergs seem a lot easier after playing vs Bakuryu a couple times. "Wow they only have 2 control groups of hydras, instead of 5? Easy mode."
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
January 19 2014 17:17 GMT
#516
On January 18 2014 04:27 traceurling wrote:
This was the most passive aggressive GG I've ever played against
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]

On a side note my PvZ seems to be improving...I guess most Zergs seem a lot easier after playing vs Bakuryu a couple times. "Wow they only have 2 control groups of hydras, instead of 5? Easy mode."

Looooool Nina is this your smurf?
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 19 2014 17:57 GMT
#517
On January 11 2014 10:44 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 10:42 Tenda wrote:
So I just started playing bw again just for fun. And one thing that's really annoying me is the fact sometimes my hatcheries simply don't make units when I tell them to. So if I have a hatchery hotkeyed to '2', and I simply hit '2sd' very quickly, the hatchery simply won't make the units. It only seems to happen when I'm hitting the hotkeys very fast. I'm just trying to figure out what causes this to happen because it seems to happen very often, and I'm have trouble replicating the problem. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? And does anyone know what causes this to happen?

You are doing it too fast is all.

Slow it down a bit.

But thats probably not BW its his keyboard, it can't register two keys at once.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 19 2014 17:58 GMT
#518
On January 18 2014 00:25 BisuDagger wrote:
I officially took a half day off for Bisu's SSL Group. I will be casting it live.
edit: Prepare for bias!!!!!!!!!!

Arrange to co-cast with Sayle, I'd watch
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-19 18:45:19
January 19 2014 18:45 GMT
#519
On January 18 2014 04:27 traceurling wrote:
This was the most passive aggressive GG I've ever played against
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]

On a side note my PvZ seems to be improving...I guess most Zergs seem a lot easier after playing vs Bakuryu a couple times. "Wow they only have 2 control groups of hydras, instead of 5? Easy mode."

dat gg all you need is storm there
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 19 2014 19:16 GMT
#520
On January 20 2014 04:01 thezanursic wrote:
GOMTV might not upload some of their old classic games.

+ Show Spoiler +

After GOM's recent rebranding to GOM Exp they've decided to reupload their content to youtube, but it appears to be fairly likely that old GOM Classic VODs won't be reuploaded at all! Which means that we either have to get GOM to reupload them or hope that somebody here on TL has all of the torrents so that we can reupload ourselves!
Explanation

[image loading]

[image loading]
Well shit... If this happens some of GOM Classic's games won't be available in their original form. Some of Brood War history might literally get lost.

I'm posting this in hopes, that we can get GOM to change their mind and consequently turning that maybe into a definitely.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1vly5j/gomtv_might_erase_some_of_starcrafts_rich_history/

http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=303015&cid=-1&kind=1


Am I just overreacting or is this actually a big deal? Are there some secret archive channels I don't know about?
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 521 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 582
Hyuk 481
Leta 92
TT1 18
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm248
League of Legends
JimRising 719
Other Games
summit1g9795
WinterStarcraft456
Mew2King93
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1026
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2214
League of Legends
• Rush1321
• Lourlo1093
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 58m
INu's Battles
6h 58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 58m
Replay Cast
17h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.