• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10233 users

TeamLiquid Legacy Starleague - Page 33

Forum Index > BW General
822 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 42 Next All
Mirnaia
Profile Joined May 2011
Hungary34 Posts
January 06 2013 01:03 GMT
#641
On January 06 2013 08:40 Game wrote:
Mirnaia, if Sayle + Day9 casted together I think Sayle would shy up and not be that great (unless it was for a long period of time). I tried to pay Day9 for ISL1 to cast with Sayle, so if TL accomplishes it I'll be impressed.


Valid concern however all I have listed are just quick examples and not anything definite, what I wanted to stress was the idea behind the pairing.
Athos, Protoss, Aramis
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10862 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 07:31:04
January 06 2013 07:28 GMT
#642
On January 06 2013 03:10 WeRRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2013 16:53 GGzerG wrote:
On January 05 2013 08:38 WeRRa wrote:
No koreans? This will be boring as hell....


I cannot believe you even just said that.

I am not even going to respond to that.

And this comes from a guy who runs arround "hey i'm the friend of all koreans and bring you in their clans". But hell keep them out of any foreign tournaments. Doty and Game were right your a shame for the community.


What? lol

edit : are you implying that you want Koreans in foreign tournaments? I don't even understand, your grammar is too poor.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
January 06 2013 08:44 GMT
#643
I'd love to see some of the good olds like Cholera and Klazart as guest casters for a few matches at least.
ggaemo fan
Smuft
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
Canada318 Posts
January 06 2013 10:49 GMT
#644
Why is there 7 maps that most foreign players have little to no experience playing being used for this tournament?

I'm thinking of playing in this tournament but I don't know a single one of these maps and just learning the layout let alone having reasonable strategies for 3 matchups on 7 maps is fairly daunting.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 06 2013 11:20 GMT
#645
On January 06 2013 17:44 valaki wrote:
I'd love to see some of the good olds like Cholera and Klazart as guest casters for a few matches at least.

They are dead -.-

The only old caster you could get in contact with is Nuke, but he doesn't give two shits about the Foreigner scene.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 06 2013 11:22 GMT
#646
On January 06 2013 19:49 Smuft wrote:
Why is there 7 maps that most foreign players have little to no experience playing being used for this tournament?

I'm thinking of playing in this tournament but I don't know a single one of these maps and just learning the layout let alone having reasonable strategies for 3 matchups on 7 maps is fairly daunting.

Fighting Spirit, New Sniper Ridge, Neo Jade, Neo Ground Zero, Neo Electric Circuit, New Bloody Ridge, and Neo Aztec.

So you've never heard of Fighting Spirit.

/Ignore

Seriously though the majority of these maps are from the last seasons proleague the current players know them really well and Aztec, Bloody Ridge are very well known maps too and further more all of these maps have been proven to be kind of balanced.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
January 06 2013 11:40 GMT
#647
I have to say, I'm pretty sure most people know these maps rather well.
EleGant[AoV]
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
January 06 2013 12:11 GMT
#648
I'm sure Smuft just wants to play on maps from 2001-2003 when he was a progamer.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 06 2013 12:37 GMT
#649
On January 06 2013 20:40 ImbaTosS wrote:
I have to say, I'm pretty sure most people know these maps rather well.

The old school players (If they were to return) Probably wouldn't know the new proleague maps.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Smuft
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
Canada318 Posts
January 06 2013 12:40 GMT
#650
Okay, I guess I'm more outdated than most.

Why not just 3-4 maps like every individual Korean league has done in the past?
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
January 06 2013 12:48 GMT
#651
Because it's not a Korean league, and more maps - more variety in games - more fun
#FPPS
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
January 06 2013 12:48 GMT
#652
I do agree 7 maps is pushing it.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Smuft
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
Canada318 Posts
January 06 2013 12:50 GMT
#653
I mean I thought the point of this tournament was to renew / maintain interest in the BW scene and keeping things simple seems to help with that goal? It was hard enough back in the day to get good practice games on pro-level maps and that was when there were only 3-4 maps to practice, now the player pool is much smaller and I have to practice 7 maps? The result for a player in my shoes considering playing this tournament is: 1) That's too many maps, I don't want to bother learning them all. 2) End up beating or losing to a player because one of us has much more or much less practice on a particular map (unnecessary variance) 3) Low quality games.

If you limit the tournament to 3-4 maps all of those problems are done away with and I don't see what the draw backs are, 3-4 maps is still plenty.
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
January 06 2013 12:53 GMT
#654
On January 06 2013 21:50 Smuft wrote:
I mean I thought the point of this tournament was to renew / maintain interest in the BW scene and keeping things simple seems to help with that goal? It was hard enough back in the day to get good practice games on pro-level maps and that was when there were only 3-4 maps to practice, now the player pool is much smaller and I have to practice 7 maps? The result for a player in my shoes considering playing this tournament is: 1) That's too many maps, I don't want to bother learning them all. 2) End up beating or losing to a player because one of us has much more or much less practice on a particular map (unnecessary variance) 3) Low quality games.

If you limit the tournament to 3-4 maps all of those problems are done away with and I don't see what the draw backs are, 3-4 maps is still plenty.

i agree on this one.

The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
January 06 2013 13:07 GMT
#655
On January 06 2013 21:50 Smuft wrote:
I mean I thought the point of this tournament was to renew / maintain interest in the BW scene and keeping things simple seems to help with that goal? It was hard enough back in the day to get good practice games on pro-level maps and that was when there were only 3-4 maps to practice, now the player pool is much smaller and I have to practice 7 maps? The result for a player in my shoes considering playing this tournament is: 1) That's too many maps, I don't want to bother learning them all. 2) End up beating or losing to a player because one of us has much more or much less practice on a particular map (unnecessary variance) 3) Low quality games.

If you limit the tournament to 3-4 maps all of those problems are done away with and I don't see what the draw backs are, 3-4 maps is still plenty.


technically, he is right about it.
Broodwar for life!
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
January 06 2013 13:07 GMT
#656
On January 06 2013 17:44 valaki wrote:
I'd love to see some of the good olds like Cholera and Klazart as guest casters for a few matches at least.


I would sacrifice my firstborn to see either one of those guys cast this.
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
January 06 2013 13:56 GMT
#657
On January 06 2013 21:50 Smuft wrote:
I mean I thought the point of this tournament was to renew / maintain interest in the BW scene and keeping things simple seems to help with that goal? It was hard enough back in the day to get good practice games on pro-level maps and that was when there were only 3-4 maps to practice, now the player pool is much smaller and I have to practice 7 maps? The result for a player in my shoes considering playing this tournament is: 1) That's too many maps, I don't want to bother learning them all. 2) End up beating or losing to a player because one of us has much more or much less practice on a particular map (unnecessary variance) 3) Low quality games.

If you limit the tournament to 3-4 maps all of those problems are done away with and I don't see what the draw backs are, 3-4 maps is still plenty.


You have a point, but I believe you will not need to practice on all maps, because probably they will not use all the maps on qualifiers (I guess it will be 4 maps), then in round of 24 and round of 16 max 3 maps since it's ODT, elimination brackets: bo5, so max 5 maps and only in the finals you will have all 7 maps played.

For now we have just to wait for another announcement what maps will be used for each stage
#FPPS
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 06 2013 14:17 GMT
#658
When exactly are we getting the qualifier information?
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 06 2013 14:17 GMT
#659
On January 06 2013 21:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
I do agree 7 maps is pushing it.

Although the maps that they have picked are really good!
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 14:22:45
January 06 2013 14:22 GMT
#660
On January 06 2013 23:17 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 21:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
I do agree 7 maps is pushing it.

Although the maps that they have picked are really good!

Modern macro maps, nothing groundbreaking.
I'd love to see FS disappear though.
Edit : They should let TheShimmy choose the maps.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings41
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 13
sorry 13
Free 13
Yoon 11
zelot 8
HiyA 8
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
qojqva1127
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 124
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1456
shoxiejesuss646
x6flipin272
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
Liquid`LucifroN90
ArmadaUGS75
QueenE65
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream264
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 25m
Stellar Fest
1h 25m
OSC
12h 25m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.