• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:47
CEST 22:47
KST 05:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9230 users

TeamLiquid Legacy Starleague - Page 34

Forum Index > BW General
822 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 42 Next All
Poetic[AoV]
Profile Joined November 2009
United Kingdom183 Posts
January 06 2013 14:32 GMT
#661
I like the maps.
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
January 06 2013 14:36 GMT
#662
On January 06 2013 21:50 Smuft wrote:
I mean I thought the point of this tournament was to renew / maintain interest in the BW scene and keeping things simple seems to help with that goal? It was hard enough back in the day to get good practice games on pro-level maps and that was when there were only 3-4 maps to practice, now the player pool is much smaller and I have to practice 7 maps? The result for a player in my shoes considering playing this tournament is: 1) That's too many maps, I don't want to bother learning them all. 2) End up beating or losing to a player because one of us has much more or much less practice on a particular map (unnecessary variance) 3) Low quality games.

If you limit the tournament to 3-4 maps all of those problems are done away with and I don't see what the draw backs are, 3-4 maps is still plenty.

I'm not playing in this tournament, but I'm a good player. I'll practice with you to get you in shape if you want.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
January 06 2013 14:49 GMT
#663
On January 06 2013 20:22 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 19:49 Smuft wrote:
Why is there 7 maps that most foreign players have little to no experience playing being used for this tournament?

I'm thinking of playing in this tournament but I don't know a single one of these maps and just learning the layout let alone having reasonable strategies for 3 matchups on 7 maps is fairly daunting.

Fighting Spirit, New Sniper Ridge, Neo Jade, Neo Ground Zero, Neo Electric Circuit, New Bloody Ridge, and Neo Aztec.

So you've never heard of Fighting Spirit.

/Ignore

Seriously though the majority of these maps are from the last seasons proleague the current players know them really well and Aztec, Bloody Ridge are very well known maps too and further more all of these maps have been proven to be kind of balanced.


The only bad map there is Neo Aztec because it's a Terran grave yard and we don't have that many Terran players, so depending on luck of the draw we could have a difficult time for terrans advancing from brackets.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
January 06 2013 16:35 GMT
#664
On January 06 2013 21:50 Smuft wrote:
I mean I thought the point of this tournament was to renew / maintain interest in the BW scene and keeping things simple seems to help with that goal? It was hard enough back in the day to get good practice games on pro-level maps and that was when there were only 3-4 maps to practice, now the player pool is much smaller and I have to practice 7 maps? The result for a player in my shoes considering playing this tournament is: 1) That's too many maps, I don't want to bother learning them all. 2) End up beating or losing to a player because one of us has much more or much less practice on a particular map (unnecessary variance) 3) Low quality games.

If you limit the tournament to 3-4 maps all of those problems are done away with and I don't see what the draw backs are, 3-4 maps is still plenty.

These are all good points. The map pool provided in this announcement is kinda misleading though. This is a total map pool that will be used throughout the tourney. I don't want to get into too much details since the news post containing all information about qualifiers will be posted soon, but to put your concerns laid to rest, here's some inside information:
- Qualifiers will only use 3 maps from the pool posted in this announcement. This way if you want to qualify you only need to practice three maps.
- Rest of the tournament until Finals will use 5 maps. So once you've qualified to the main tournament you have to put in effort to practice two more maps.
- Finals will use all 7 maps. If your reach finals you should come prepared.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
January 06 2013 16:41 GMT
#665
This will be played on iCCup right?
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 06 2013 19:01 GMT
#666
On January 03 2013 07:42 floladriblere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 07:37 L_Master wrote:
On January 03 2013 04:13 Game wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:31 vOdToasT wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:19 Artunit wrote:
It will be really nice to see old legends like Mondi but I rather watch the current top foreign players who never abandoned bw.


If they came back right now, they would lose anyway. You can't just come back and play for a few days, you need to practice for longer than that.

Edit: Unless they start playing RIGHT NOW and practice for 14 hours a day.

I know a guy who has been playing for months and months. He's playing 14 hours a day. Maybe he'll make it.


My best guess would be Sziky, but I really don't have any idea. Possibly one of the LRM guys like Baku or Trutactz.


I'm sure it's MISHIN!

At least he is not as bad as this guy

http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/Fogotten.Blade.html

0-100 Disgrace to the empire!
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
January 06 2013 19:10 GMT
#667
On January 06 2013 23:36 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 21:50 Smuft wrote:
I mean I thought the point of this tournament was to renew / maintain interest in the BW scene and keeping things simple seems to help with that goal? It was hard enough back in the day to get good practice games on pro-level maps and that was when there were only 3-4 maps to practice, now the player pool is much smaller and I have to practice 7 maps? The result for a player in my shoes considering playing this tournament is: 1) That's too many maps, I don't want to bother learning them all. 2) End up beating or losing to a player because one of us has much more or much less practice on a particular map (unnecessary variance) 3) Low quality games.

If you limit the tournament to 3-4 maps all of those problems are done away with and I don't see what the draw backs are, 3-4 maps is still plenty.

I'm not playing in this tournament, but I'm a good player. I'll practice with you to get you in shape if you want.


Practice with me, please. I have no one to practice with.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
January 06 2013 20:51 GMT
#668
On January 07 2013 04:01 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 07:42 floladriblere wrote:
On January 03 2013 07:37 L_Master wrote:
On January 03 2013 04:13 Game wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:31 vOdToasT wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:19 Artunit wrote:
It will be really nice to see old legends like Mondi but I rather watch the current top foreign players who never abandoned bw.


If they came back right now, they would lose anyway. You can't just come back and play for a few days, you need to practice for longer than that.

Edit: Unless they start playing RIGHT NOW and practice for 14 hours a day.

I know a guy who has been playing for months and months. He's playing 14 hours a day. Maybe he'll make it.


My best guess would be Sziky, but I really don't have any idea. Possibly one of the LRM guys like Baku or Trutactz.


I'm sure it's MISHIN!

At least he is not as bad as this guy

http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/Fogotten.Blade.html

0-100 Disgrace to the empire!

i remeber a few days ago somebody joined my game and he was like 180????

i really hope that players like day9 are going to be invited:D
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
January 07 2013 13:53 GMT
#669
can we sign up already ?
T H C makes ppl happy
S2Glow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Singapore1042 Posts
January 07 2013 14:47 GMT
#670
lol just played back broodwar. i sucks!
<3 Katelyn , C Zerg. Dying wish is to watch proleague live and see my girlfriend which gonna be soon! <33
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
January 07 2013 17:23 GMT
#671
On January 07 2013 23:47 S2Glow wrote:
lol just played back broodwar. i sucks!

u werent so good in ur primer anyway :p
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 07 2013 18:03 GMT
#672
I heard that Hackle probably won't be casting this and that made me sad because he totally deserves it. I'm still hopeful that TL approaches him to cast (Next to other old school and new school casters ofc)
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
January 07 2013 18:07 GMT
#673
I agree that it'd be great to have Hackle on.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
forumtext
Profile Joined September 2011
575 Posts
January 07 2013 18:09 GMT
#674
Just want to show my support for this event
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 18:23:15
January 07 2013 18:22 GMT
#675
On January 08 2013 03:07 Game wrote:
I agree that it'd be great to have Hackle on.


Maybe we should do something about it? Petition?

I really feel like this would be a reward of sort for the loyalty that the remaining BW casters displayed. It would feel really unjust to just throw them under the bus and giving this opportunity to people who have left the foreign BW scene in favor of other ''more profitable ventures'' now I'm not saying that they shouldn't cast this or that I don't want them to, but something just doesn't feel right about ignoring the people who have stuck with foreign BW for the past two and a half years and not letting them cast alongside the old stars.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
January 07 2013 19:25 GMT
#676
When's registration going to be open?
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
January 07 2013 20:33 GMT
#677
On January 08 2013 04:25 G5 wrote:
When's registration going to be open?

Right now! - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=391980
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 23:11:41
January 07 2013 23:11 GMT
#678
On January 08 2013 03:22 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 03:07 Game wrote:
I agree that it'd be great to have Hackle on.


Maybe we should do something about it? Petition?

I really feel like this would be a reward of sort for the loyalty that the remaining BW casters displayed. It would feel really unjust to just throw them under the bus and giving this opportunity to people who have left the foreign BW scene in favor of other ''more profitable ventures'' now I'm not saying that they shouldn't cast this or that I don't want them to, but something just doesn't feel right about ignoring the people who have stuck with foreign BW for the past two and a half years and not letting them cast alongside the old stars.


No they shouldn't. They should pick the two people who will make for the best cast, and they did. They quite literally picked the two best people in the world to cast this. We should all get on our knees tonight and thank the lord that they are casting, and pray for no rain in England for the next 5 months.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
January 08 2013 00:02 GMT
#679
I saw G5 online just now.

:O
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
January 08 2013 08:26 GMT
#680
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason97
Nathanias 83
ProTech25
Nina 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14654
Dewaltoss 107
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift680
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4676
Khaldor1537
Liquid`Hasu835
Other Games
summit1g6201
fl0m944
shahzam491
byalli325
FrodaN237
C9.Mang0201
KnowMe173
ArmadaUGS128
UpATreeSC84
Mew2King74
PPMD17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
Other Games
angryscii13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen219
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur209
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 13m
Stellar Fest
16h 13m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.