• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:05
CEST 19:05
KST 02:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9016 users

TeamLiquid Legacy Starleague - Page 32

Forum Index > BW General
822 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 42 Next All
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 15:39:05
January 05 2013 15:18 GMT
#621
Fucking awesome !!!

go go go BW !!!

btw - how can we signup for qualifiers ??
T H C makes ppl happy
Prof. Protoss
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Germany744 Posts
January 05 2013 15:44 GMT
#622
read the three posts above you. I just asked
Don't mess the fess!
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
January 05 2013 15:55 GMT
#623
On January 06 2013 00:44 Prof. Protoss wrote:
read the three posts above you. I just asked

didnt see thanks
T H C makes ppl happy
dOTY
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany483 Posts
January 05 2013 17:09 GMT
#624
I'll win this. Mark my words !
It’s cool to cry, don’t ever question your strength .
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
January 05 2013 17:51 GMT
#625
On January 05 2013 21:47 SirJolt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2013 20:36 Holgerius wrote:
On January 03 2013 07:42 floladriblere wrote:
On January 03 2013 07:37 L_Master wrote:
On January 03 2013 04:13 Game wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:31 vOdToasT wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:19 Artunit wrote:
It will be really nice to see old legends like Mondi but I rather watch the current top foreign players who never abandoned bw.


If they came back right now, they would lose anyway. You can't just come back and play for a few days, you need to practice for longer than that.

Edit: Unless they start playing RIGHT NOW and practice for 14 hours a day.

I know a guy who has been playing for months and months. He's playing 14 hours a day. Maybe he'll make it.


My best guess would be Sziky, but I really don't have any idea. Possibly one of the LRM guys like Baku or Trutactz.


I'm sure it's MISHIN!

ROFL! That guy is hilarious! XD That's an obscene amount of Starcrafting, and he's still so bad, yet he keeps on playing. What a hero, give the man some kind of award.


I was so shocked when someone said he should stop playing because of the fact that he doesn't seem to have improved.

If anything, I'm impressed by the amount of enjoyment he gets out of it. Guy sounds like a hero.



He reminds me of a lot of other guys who couldn't get over the hump. Everyone has their own skill ceiling
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
January 05 2013 18:05 GMT
#626
On January 06 2013 02:09 dOTY wrote:
I'll win this. Mark my words !


If you sim city properly against Sziky lings maybe ;p
ॐ
WeRRa
Profile Joined December 2010
378 Posts
January 05 2013 18:10 GMT
#627
On January 05 2013 16:53 GGzerG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2013 08:38 WeRRa wrote:
No koreans? This will be boring as hell....


I cannot believe you even just said that.

I am not even going to respond to that.

And this comes from a guy who runs arround "hey i'm the friend of all koreans and bring you in their clans". But hell keep them out of any foreign tournaments. Doty and Game were right your a shame for the community.
InnoVation Fighting!!!
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
January 05 2013 18:14 GMT
#628
On January 06 2013 03:05 endy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 02:09 dOTY wrote:
I'll win this. Mark my words !


If you sim city properly against Sziky lings maybe ;p


He has the potential. Just needs to refine his play. Maybe he's been doing that, judging from his words!
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
January 05 2013 18:20 GMT
#629
On January 06 2013 03:10 WeRRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2013 16:53 GGzerG wrote:
On January 05 2013 08:38 WeRRa wrote:
No koreans? This will be boring as hell....


I cannot believe you even just said that.

I am not even going to respond to that.

And this comes from a guy who runs arround "hey i'm the friend of all koreans and bring you in their clans". But hell keep them out of any foreign tournaments. Doty and Game were right your a shame for the community.

Please don't bring this kind of thing unnecessarily to a very positive thread.

On another note, I played a notable, scary player on ladder today who has just returned... He's one to watch...
EleGant[AoV]
dOTY
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany483 Posts
January 05 2013 18:49 GMT
#630
On January 06 2013 03:05 endy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 02:09 dOTY wrote:
I'll win this. Mark my words !


If you sim city properly against Sziky lings maybe ;p


Ouch ^_^ your right though !

Sziky sooo good.
It’s cool to cry, don’t ever question your strength .
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 19:29:14
January 05 2013 19:26 GMT
#631
mishin reminds of that BeggarTerran dude, grinded games like a fucking mad man. But BeggarTerran was actually good for his time. :p
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
January 05 2013 19:44 GMT
#632
On January 06 2013 03:20 ImbaTosS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 03:10 WeRRa wrote:
On January 05 2013 16:53 GGzerG wrote:
On January 05 2013 08:38 WeRRa wrote:
No koreans? This will be boring as hell....


I cannot believe you even just said that.

I am not even going to respond to that.

And this comes from a guy who runs arround "hey i'm the friend of all koreans and bring you in their clans". But hell keep them out of any foreign tournaments. Doty and Game were right your a shame for the community.

Please don't bring this kind of thing unnecessarily to a very positive thread.

On another note, I played a notable, scary player on ladder today who has just returned... He's one to watch...

Come on, don't tease me like that!

Who?
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
Mirnaia
Profile Joined May 2011
Hungary34 Posts
January 05 2013 22:40 GMT
#633
Greetings TL,

First of all let me express how wonderful the idea of this tournament is, and how happy I am to see TL taking the initiative to organise such an event for BW now. And looking back at the previous TSL+ Show Spoiler +
SLLLSSLS
's, I am not at all worried about production quality and professionalism of the organisers.

All in all, this is probably the best time to host a BW tournament backed by a very serious institution in foreign Starcraft - HotS is not yet out, and there is a noticable trickle (wave? tsunami?) of people who are either going back to BW or are trying the classic out for the first time, and enjoying it.




What I would like to address in this regard is casting - both the political and the enjoyment value aspect of it, and in a way about ex-BW foreigner big shots who have moved on to SC2. Both topics have been brought up several times in this thread. Please keep in mind that I'm going to be writing from an ideal world perspective, realistically I have no idea who is actually available and willing.

For more than one reason bringing back casters who were in TSL and TSL 2 is a must. First, for those who have seen them, nostalgia for the great Artosis, Tasteless, Chill, Day[9] etc. casts, I also fondly remember Manifesto's deep and reassuring voice from TSL 1 telling me that a tank is "too fat to fit".
Second, politics and addressing the most people possible. I'm talking about people whose SC life began with SC2, and have not yet tried or watched Brood War, and they are the majority on this site. They don't know who Sayle, Hacklebeast, Elegant, Kiante is. However, they do know about the aforementioned four casters, for example, since they have all moved to SC2. People whose potential first BW experience is TLS will have a hook they can use to begin their connection. The importance of this can't be stressed enough (every salesperson knows it is incomparably easier to sell something to an existing client than to obtain a new one).
Third, I fucking love their casting to death.

All that said, I think it would be a travesty not to include today's active casters. If I were one of those people who have the love and dedication and work their asses off to keep BW coverage going during times when money- and watcherwise it is the "Starcraft that also ran" out of the two, and were not offered the opportunity to take part in this endeavour, I would feel as if I were punched in the face. (Disclaimer: the real BW casters might be more or less belligerent.) I believe they should be honoured by being offered this chance.
Also, I fucking love their casting to death.

Regarding ex-BW players we all love. I'm doubtful about the value of giving them free invites (but of course I have no idea if that is planned). For those who still practice BW or will take a break from SC2 to practice hardcore for TLS, there are multiple qualification tournaments, if they manage to get in, fantastic, hats off to them and I'll be cheering. With no disrespect to the past greats, there are few things more demoralising than being super-hyped to see an old hero finally appear only to end up - rightfully - with his ass in his hands. Especially - since the field where BW is by far more taxing than SC2 is mechanics - when one can feel that their brains are much faster than their hands, they KNOW what they want to do and it's a great plan but it all falls apart because of sub-par execution. Very frustrating for player and fan alike.
Some of these players, however, as some have already shown, could be great commentators, if they are willing. For example, the Nony(+Day[9]) analysis of Bisu v Saviour was super, and even in his explanatory video of BW v SC2 carrier control Nony has shown that even when talking about such a "dry" mechanics-issue he can be both immersive and entertaining at the same time - in said carrier-video, when he was discussing micro against goliaths I could imagine being in an actual game watching it, I was actually excited for it when in reality all that was happening on the screen was a single carrier being moved around in single player.
This is just an example, but in general great players who are not regular casters can be incredibly entertaining, educational and refreshing to listen to.



On to the proposal, realising that this post is turning out to be a lot lot lot longer than I have bargained for.
Taking everything into account my idea is that the best results could be achieved by
1) Having casting duos. TSL's always had non-solo casts, and methinks they do tend to work out better (no offense to Sayle's great 14-hour solo marathons)
2) Here is the actual idea, deeply embedded in the wall of text: having every pair made up of one old- and one new school caster. This immediately has a multitude of benefits.
- It breaks the tradition of well-established duos, in a positive way. Sure, Tastosis & Co. have the advantage of being intimately familiar with each other's styles and have great division of casting labour, but I feel that sometimes they know each other too well. Getting a partner you have not casted with yet forces you to acknowledge the other one and to think fresh and have actual conversation-style casting and game discussion, because you do not know the other person's reaction in advance. It reduces the amount of mannerisms that inevitably arise after you had to talk about the same subject for hundreds of hours. It's like first love all over again. (Actually, it's a lot more like cheating on an old partner for the adventure and excitement, but shhhhh.)
- It pays proper honour to both the old veterans and the young titans.
- It provides great synergy. Current casters have the most up-to-date information on the current metagame strategy trends, and great knowledge of today's stars. Old ones have mostly all been near-professional level BW players, carry their experience, and have the advantage of being able to look at said stars with fresh eyes.
- For every single match, again, people coming from SC2 will have someone familiar, greatly reducing the novelty-fear ("these names all say nothing to me, why should I care?") and increasing the chance they will start watching the beautiful game.

Some combinations that I believe would augment each other very well, either because of similar or vastly different but imho great complementary styles:

Sayle and Day[9] (*drool*, also incredibly high "terrible blunder"/sec incoming),
Hacklebeast and Artosis
Kiante and Nony

I'm sure you can come up with many other potentially very entertaining pairings.


P.s. Dear and much respected organisers, please don't take this as me being a Mr. Know-It-All Smartypants Cleverdick who is trying to tell you your ways, I am certain you have given the topic ample thought and I imagine the bottleneck is caster availability rather than anything else. However, of all events ever hosted by TL, this is the one that cries "raise awareness! show everyone how fun this stuff is!" by far the most. Starting 2013 by putting a BW championship down on the table is more than just another TL tournament - it is also a message, a statement that TL considers BW important and wants to help promote the game. For me certainly, and also I hope for the greatest number of people who are potential watchers the casting combinations I have outlined above would serve as the best way to be addressed, I believe,
Athos, Protoss, Aramis
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
January 05 2013 22:47 GMT
#634
I'd absolutely love to see old greats like Day[9] come talk to us again about this amazing game, but I'm sure even if that doesn't happen Teamliquid will bring excellent casting to the table.

Of course my favorite caster of all time remains SirJolt.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
January 05 2013 23:03 GMT
#635
Mirnaia,

They said nothing about invites, so all the guys who want to participate technically have to qualify or am I missing something here?
Mirnaia
Profile Joined May 2011
Hungary34 Posts
January 05 2013 23:05 GMT
#636
Starstruck, first page, click on the text that wants you to click on it, and read on
Athos, Protoss, Aramis
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
January 05 2013 23:13 GMT
#637
how can sayle+day9 be better than elegant+day9??

the other combos would be sick.


The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 05 2013 23:23 GMT
#638
Ahhhh cant wait to see this, so much better than the SC2 tourneys!

LONG LIVE BROODWAR
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
January 05 2013 23:40 GMT
#639
Mirnaia, if Sayle + Day9 casted together I think Sayle would shy up and not be that great (unless it was for a long period of time). I tried to pay Day9 for ISL1 to cast with Sayle, so if TL accomplishes it I'll be impressed.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
JohnBall
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil1272 Posts
January 06 2013 00:23 GMT
#640
The best casting duo would be SirJolt + ninazerg.

<3
perfecting the art of five pool forever
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 190
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 525
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26311
Shuttle 1079
Hyuk 416
Mini 411
firebathero 191
hero 86
Sexy 78
ggaemo 77
Killer 53
Mong 48
[ Show more ]
Liquid`Ret 48
Hyun 42
Trap 40
PianO 28
ToSsGirL 26
Rock 17
zelot 17
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10403
qojqva1534
Dendi967
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1395
crisheroes1307
Liquid`Hasu670
Other Games
FrodaN2046
fl0m1437
Grubby829
Beastyqt748
Mlord484
Hui .248
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX175
ArmadaUGS140
KnowMe128
Mew2King54
Trikslyr34
ToD23
CosmosSc2 17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick330
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7926
Other Games
• Shiphtur324
• WagamamaTV248
• imaqtpie21
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 55m
INu's Battles
18h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.