• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:46
CEST 22:46
KST 05:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9468 users

TeamLiquid Legacy Starleague - Page 30

Forum Index > BW General
822 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 42 Next All
johanes
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Czech Republic2246 Posts
January 03 2013 16:53 GMT
#581
This is good news indeed.
dudecrush
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada418 Posts
January 03 2013 16:59 GMT
#582
I'm so excited!
CakeOrI)eath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States327 Posts
January 03 2013 17:12 GMT
#583
I am excited for more bw, but I'm most of all excited that there can be a tournament that I know will be run efficiently and professionally.
Riding the drama llama might be fun for a while, but there has been way too much of it recently in the foreign bw scene.

So pumped! Thank you to all the great people at TL who made this happen!
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
Loophole
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States867 Posts
January 03 2013 18:07 GMT
#584
Awesome. Wonder if we'll see any old names show up for this. =)
"Fundamental preparation is always effective. Work on those parts of your game that are fundamentally weak." -Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-03 19:50:01
January 03 2013 19:49 GMT
#585
So its friday jan 11th or sat 12th? Either the days on the dates are slipped or i live in a different time continum
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
asel
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Germany1605 Posts
January 03 2013 19:59 GMT
#586
Hope some oldschoolers will show up ;o
eSTRO for life | #3 Sea.Really fan! | GGoliath! | aeterna societas honoris | cbta~ | Flash makes Terran look like Toss | aka RevaL
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
January 03 2013 20:15 GMT
#587
On January 04 2013 04:49 Darksoldierr wrote:
So its friday jan 11th or sat 12th? Either the days on the dates are slipped or i live in a different time continum

It's January 12th. Read this post. A new post with all the details about first qualifier will be posted soon. Get hyped and start practicing!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
January 03 2013 21:42 GMT
#588
On January 03 2013 10:29 vOdToasT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 09:46 CoL_DarkstaR wrote:

Has the general skill level on ICC dropped since 2009?


I got B on ICCup as Protoss in 2009. When I got B as Zerg in 2012, I was much better than I was in 2009. So to get to the same rank, I had to be better. In my experience, it has gotten harder to rank up on ICCup.


I don't think people got better or it's necessarily harder to rank up via personal abilities. There are less people at the C to B range now, so you will play a few people from C and up who are better or equal to around B. However, with less competition in general the overall skill top I would think is lower than before. I also think the main reason for not receiving a rank that you are aiming for now-a-days is purely because you can't find enough opponents to play to get the points required.
Also, everyone knows Protoss takes no skill to play, so it's very easy to get to B rank.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 03 2013 21:52 GMT
#589
On January 03 2013 07:49 Mewka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 07:42 floladriblere wrote:
On January 03 2013 07:37 L_Master wrote:
On January 03 2013 04:13 Game wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:31 vOdToasT wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:19 Artunit wrote:
It will be really nice to see old legends like Mondi but I rather watch the current top foreign players who never abandoned bw.


If they came back right now, they would lose anyway. You can't just come back and play for a few days, you need to practice for longer than that.

Edit: Unless they start playing RIGHT NOW and practice for 14 hours a day.

I know a guy who has been playing for months and months. He's playing 14 hours a day. Maybe he'll make it.


My best guess would be Sziky, but I really don't have any idea. Possibly one of the LRM guys like Baku or Trutactz.


I'm sure it's MISHIN!

ahaha loled hard

You have no heart! This makes my heart hurt.... and my brain.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
January 03 2013 21:55 GMT
#590
at last! gl all!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 03 2013 21:57 GMT
#591
On January 04 2013 06:42 dRaW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 10:29 vOdToasT wrote:
On January 03 2013 09:46 CoL_DarkstaR wrote:

Has the general skill level on ICC dropped since 2009?


I got B on ICCup as Protoss in 2009. When I got B as Zerg in 2012, I was much better than I was in 2009. So to get to the same rank, I had to be better. In my experience, it has gotten harder to rank up on ICCup.


I don't think people got better or it's necessarily harder to rank up via personal abilities. There are less people at the C to B range now, so you will play a few people from C and up who are better or equal to around B. However, with less competition in general the overall skill top I would think is lower than before. I also think the main reason for not receiving a rank that you are aiming for now-a-days is purely because you can't find enough opponents to play to get the points required.
Also, everyone knows Protoss takes no skill to play, so it's very easy to get to B rank.

At least a forth of D+/C- that I play are players who have hit anything from C+ to A in the past.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Gurgl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-04 01:25:05
January 04 2013 01:23 GMT
#592
This may be the first Starcraft I watch in some time.
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
January 04 2013 01:34 GMT
#593
Played 2 games today, realize how awful I am and how long it would take me to get decent again and my enthusiasm vaporized.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 04 2013 07:19 GMT
#594
On January 04 2013 10:34 sashkata wrote:
Played 2 games today, realize how awful I am and how long it would take me to get decent again and my enthusiasm vaporized.

That's the nature of BW, but you still shouldn't give up that easily -.-
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
January 04 2013 16:40 GMT
#595
Holy shit, I thought I posted here. Almost criminal not to respond to this epic thread O_O
Thank you TL~ I can't wait!
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Poetic[AoV]
Profile Joined November 2009
United Kingdom183 Posts
January 04 2013 17:51 GMT
#596
I can't wait!
castleeMg
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada791 Posts
January 04 2013 22:18 GMT
#597
can't wait either
AKA: castle[eMg]@USEast/ iCCup
Berceno
Profile Joined May 2012
Spain401 Posts
January 04 2013 22:30 GMT
#598
On January 03 2013 12:55 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 07:42 floladriblere wrote:
On January 03 2013 07:37 L_Master wrote:
On January 03 2013 04:13 Game wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:31 vOdToasT wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:19 Artunit wrote:
It will be really nice to see old legends like Mondi but I rather watch the current top foreign players who never abandoned bw.


If they came back right now, they would lose anyway. You can't just come back and play for a few days, you need to practice for longer than that.

Edit: Unless they start playing RIGHT NOW and practice for 14 hours a day.

I know a guy who has been playing for months and months. He's playing 14 hours a day. Maybe he'll make it.


My best guess would be Sziky, but I really don't have any idea. Possibly one of the LRM guys like Baku or Trutactz.


I'm sure it's MISHIN!


I have played this guy. I feel sorry for him.

I don't understand how you could play starcraft that much and still be completely unable to hit D+. That's at least 8 hours a day for well beyond a year. Mind-boggling.


yea I remember playing him almost a year ago, and 2 month ago I started to play bw again, saw mishin and he was at the same level... it's just sad, he should stop playing
protoss living in da ghetto
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
January 04 2013 23:16 GMT
#599
I don't know how can anyone actually play that many games, but if the guy is having fun I don't see any reason for him to stop...
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-04 23:24:22
January 04 2013 23:24 GMT
#600
On January 05 2013 07:30 Berceno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 12:55 L_Master wrote:
On January 03 2013 07:42 floladriblere wrote:
On January 03 2013 07:37 L_Master wrote:
On January 03 2013 04:13 Game wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:31 vOdToasT wrote:
On January 03 2013 03:19 Artunit wrote:
It will be really nice to see old legends like Mondi but I rather watch the current top foreign players who never abandoned bw.


If they came back right now, they would lose anyway. You can't just come back and play for a few days, you need to practice for longer than that.

Edit: Unless they start playing RIGHT NOW and practice for 14 hours a day.

I know a guy who has been playing for months and months. He's playing 14 hours a day. Maybe he'll make it.


My best guess would be Sziky, but I really don't have any idea. Possibly one of the LRM guys like Baku or Trutactz.


I'm sure it's MISHIN!


I have played this guy. I feel sorry for him.

I don't understand how you could play starcraft that much and still be completely unable to hit D+. That's at least 8 hours a day for well beyond a year. Mind-boggling.


yea I remember playing him almost a year ago, and 2 month ago I started to play bw again, saw mishin and he was at the same level... it's just sad, he should stop playing


Wow that's an awful thing to say. >.>
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason97
Nathanias 79
ProTech25
Nina 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14751
Dewaltoss 107
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift296
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4926
Khaldor1537
Liquid`Hasu835
Other Games
summit1g6201
fl0m944
shahzam443
byalli325
FrodaN237
KnowMe175
C9.Mang0172
ArmadaUGS128
UpATreeSC80
Mew2King71
PPMD19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
Other Games
angryscii13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen219
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur209
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 14m
Stellar Fest
16h 14m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.