• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:05
CEST 22:05
KST 05:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10903 users

BW For Life! or Helping BW Thrive - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 30 2012 19:41 GMT
#141
On May 01 2012 04:28 maltey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 01:52 TehRei wrote:
I figure I could probably part with around 50$ a month if that means I get some high-level BW casted for it. Seeing as I'll probably start studying again this fall I don't know for how long I could keep that up, but I'm sure I could at least contribute a small sum of money for as long as someone else is willing to organize a tournament.

Dunno if this particular idea will work out -- put it could, and if so I'm willing to give some money if that's what it takes. Otherwise there should be other BW-tournaments that wouldn't say no to an increase in pricepool.


Make sure you join Jaevlaterran's group then It's here.

Well played!
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-30 22:11:18
April 30 2012 22:11 GMT
#142
I'm going to have some free time after thursday, and I really want to start something up such as a global starleague, with a mixture of high level koreans and foreigners. As such, I would like to plan this out with other people, and figure out the best way to invite players, and what criteria we should use. I can set up a paypal or something similar for those who are interested in donating to the prize pool (100% of donations will go to the prize pool). Either way, I'd like to actually put this into motion and start a skype group or something similar for those of us who want to take part in the organization of the tournament. If you're interested in helping out please PM me with your skype information.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
maltey
Profile Joined August 2011
United States38 Posts
April 30 2012 23:12 GMT
#143
On May 01 2012 07:11 CaucasianAsian wrote:
I'm going to have some free time after thursday, and I really want to start something up such as a global starleague, with a mixture of high level koreans and foreigners. As such, I would like to plan this out with other people, and figure out the best way to invite players, and what criteria we should use. I can set up a paypal or something similar for those who are interested in donating to the prize pool (100% of donations will go to the prize pool). Either way, I'd like to actually put this into motion and start a skype group or something similar for those of us who want to take part in the organization of the tournament. If you're interested in helping out please PM me with your skype information.

You are my hero sir!

@game haha thanks. I check every post to see if they have "sweden" next to their name now.
"Be relentlessly positive." "There's nothing cooler than being proud of what you love." --day[9]
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1733 Posts
April 30 2012 23:15 GMT
#144
On May 01 2012 07:11 CaucasianAsian wrote:
I'm going to have some free time after thursday, and I really want to start something up such as a global starleague, with a mixture of high level koreans and foreigners. As such, I would like to plan this out with other people, and figure out the best way to invite players, and what criteria we should use. I can set up a paypal or something similar for those who are interested in donating to the prize pool (100% of donations will go to the prize pool). Either way, I'd like to actually put this into motion and start a skype group or something similar for those of us who want to take part in the organization of the tournament. If you're interested in helping out please PM me with your skype information.

I'm very, very pleased you've decided to do this. I may volunteer in a week's time, when my schedule is more clear. BW people, please help this man.
EleGant[AoV]
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 30 2012 23:19 GMT
#145
On May 01 2012 07:11 CaucasianAsian wrote:
I'm going to have some free time after thursday, and I really want to start something up such as a global starleague, with a mixture of high level koreans and foreigners. As such, I would like to plan this out with other people, and figure out the best way to invite players, and what criteria we should use. I can set up a paypal or something similar for those who are interested in donating to the prize pool (100% of donations will go to the prize pool). Either way, I'd like to actually put this into motion and start a skype group or something similar for those of us who want to take part in the organization of the tournament. If you're interested in helping out please PM me with your skype information.

I actually don't see how this would be beneficial. Without flaw it'd end up being top 3 foreigners vs all of Korea's amateurs, inevitably having the foreigners eliminated before any important stage of the league. It'd pretty much be a Korean league, so I feel that's a way of impeding on other foreigner based tournaments. If the purpose was to get the foreign community to rally behind foreigners, there are much more effective ways of doing this. Not to mention, the timezones make it increasingly difficult to have competent gaming by the foreigners since you'd have to cater to the Koreans.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 00:47:57
May 01 2012 00:40 GMT
#146
So TL fans won't enjoy high level koreans is that what you're saying?

Time zones can be dealt with, as can most of the issues.

I don't know about other people, but the foreign scene in my opinion is lacking. There's just little to no skill left. Koreans on the other hand continue to surprise me. I enjoy watching the highest level games as I can, and if that includes Koreans then you better know that I'll be watching Koreans as opposed to foreigners.

If a foreigner believes he can compete with high level Koreans, then I'd be damn sure to root for him. I want to bring the korean scene to the foreign scene. There's no reason to keep it divided given how small the foreign scene is, and how small the korean scene will become after OSL and proleague switch.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 00:53:24
May 01 2012 00:49 GMT
#147
On May 01 2012 09:40 CaucasianAsian wrote:
So TL fans won't enjoy high level koreans is that what you're saying?

Time zones can be dealt with, as can most of the issues.

I didn't say they won't. You pitched it as a global starleague incorporating foreigners, knowing this would be foreign funded. The fact is, foreigners would be exclusively eliminated in the first stages. TL members love Koreans, this site was built on Koreans, but your pitch is in fact only about them and thus I felt the need to point that out. Time zones really can't be dealt with, no time is ideal for foreigners to actively participate at a level in which we'd want to expose them, even the best. With Korea being 7 hours ahead of foreign times, it'd have to be on a weekend. Koreans typically don't play leagues past 10PM, meaning it'd have to start around 7pm, noon for Europeans. While that's feasible, you automatically exclude all of the Western hemisphere, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't sit well in a community in which half of it resides. No league with Koreans is feasible for foreigners unless they are aiming to go to Korea to play the game eventually, other than that it's simply bending over and taking it. The aesthetics are just not favorable to meet a common goal of getting good Korean BW and rallying behind foreign players.

Edit to your edit: I don't think insulting the community that you want to incorporate into Korean gaming is really a good way to gain support. Also, the skill gap, as you mentioned, is way too high, and foreigners unlike Koreans (at least the good foreigners) are way too old to re-learn the game or gain a significant level of play to create a multitude of competitive gamers. The Koreans historically, and to this day try to not to participate on our servers or with us in general even when we go to them. It's clear they have always wanted nothing to do with us, and bribing them to come play with the down syndrome kids isn't exactly amazing.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
May 01 2012 01:03 GMT
#148
Well Game, if you have a better idea then please let me know. Keeping foreigners separate can not be a good idea and instead will just dwindle out the community even more which is the impression I'm getting off of you. There are a few foreigners who can compete against some top amateur koreans which I would love to actually compete.

I have a good relationship with various korean teams, who show interest in the idea of somehow incorporating foreigners. The Koreans scene does not take an anti-foreigner approach, instead they want to embrace it however language barriers play a huge role in the seperation of the leagues. There are various approaches we can take to fix the time zone differences, and the majority of foreigners who actually wants to practice at a high level normally plays during Korean hours, so it will not be too difficult to fix any time zone issues.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
May 01 2012 01:10 GMT
#149
On May 01 2012 10:03 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Well Game, if you have a better idea then please let me know. Keeping foreigners separate can not be a good idea and instead will just dwindle out the community even more which is the impression I'm getting off of you. There are a few foreigners who can compete against some top amateur koreans which I would love to actually compete.

I have a good relationship with various korean teams, who show interest in the idea of somehow incorporating foreigners. The Koreans scene does not take an anti-foreigner approach, instead they want to embrace it however language barriers play a huge role in the seperation of the leagues. There are various approaches we can take to fix the time zone differences, and the majority of foreigners who actually wants to practice at a high level normally plays during Korean hours, so it will not be too difficult to fix any time zone issues.

I'm well aware. Until foreign teams started paying me, I played 99% of my games on West and BrainClan. I understand their attitude, and it is indeed a minority that want to play with white players, and it's not limited to the language barrier. In fact, half of the ones who do want to play with white players want one of the following three: 1) Fans 2) To bully somebody 3) To troll them (typically with perversion). I do indeed consider myself a pillar of the foreign community, and thus yes I do strive to enhance it in every way possible with the resources I have. I don't strictly want to keep the community foreign, but I also don't want to throw money at Koreans to play with us that could be better used in the foreign community.

1) Yellow vs White showmatches
2) A foreign team to play individual clan wars with teams. <-- why is this so different than what Jaev wants? Because it's something that has the necessity of building. Bringing the top foreigners to play a Korean team that would bring the middle and lower ranks, with one good player to supervise and play the last match if necessary. Beat them --> establish even the slightest bit of respect so we could have individual casts and exposure for these clan wars, and have the entire community rally behind one good, solid cause.
3) Invite a minority of Koreans into a majority foreign league. Test out the culture, time zones, and if foreigners can even compete against 1500 Fish players in tournament play.

I mean I have plenty of ideas, I just think yours is really, really bad and detrimental to any effort that would secure a foundation between foreign and Korean BW. Sorry if I've offended you, but it's just how I see it.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
May 01 2012 01:13 GMT
#150
To add to my #2, We'd also need a small bit of incentive for both teams, and that's where the money comes in. The 2 best foreign players (in my opinion they are) don't show up to anything that doesn't involve cash.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
May 01 2012 01:31 GMT
#151
how is my idea any different than #3? I said a mixture of koreans and foreigners, i didn't say 50-50
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 01:37:14
May 01 2012 01:36 GMT
#152
On May 01 2012 10:31 CaucasianAsian wrote:
how is my idea any different than #3? I said a mixture of koreans and foreigners, i didn't say 50-50

My #3 was really a followup to #1, I should've stressed the importance of the order. We haven't had anything conclusive proving it'd be a good use of people's hard earned money of foreigners vs Koreans in almost 5 years. Five years ago, foreigners got slaughtered. If you genuinely had the interest of meshing the communities and setting it up for months and months or even a year or so from now once Koreans do go to SC2 and LoL, you would understand my feeling for a need of beta testing. Not only beta testing, market research. I have a general idea of the foreigner thinking on ideas like this, and you might on the Korean, but no one has posted any support of such a thing besides Jaev, and well I posted what I feel about his idea.

Edit: I also emphasized a minority of Koreans to foreigners. Literally like 1:6 - 1:8 is the only thing foreseeable for success in my eyes. Obviously if it worked out, we could work our way into higher minorities. Sorry that I keep calling Koreans minorities
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
May 01 2012 01:40 GMT
#153
What about a foreigner competition/qualifier with a smaller prize to see who makes it on the "foreigner" team (every season), which is part of the bigger global league with a larger prize pool (which can be individual or team based).
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
May 01 2012 01:42 GMT
#154
On May 01 2012 10:40 L3gendary wrote:
What about a foreigner competition/qualifier with a smaller prize to see who makes it on the "foreigner" team (every season), which is part of the bigger global league with a larger prize pool (which can be individual or team based).

Are you proposing having a qualifier for a foreign team for a global clan league? Because if it was individual, it wouldn't be a foreigner team. Also, I like the qualifier idea, but think it'd have to be short. It's not about the level of play, most of the active foreign BW community is very clearly defined and we know who the best players are. It'd simply be testing the point of interest.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 02:54:38
May 01 2012 01:45 GMT
#155
Like I said, I'm willing to organize anything that has to do with Koreans.

If people are interested in korean events, I can get VODs or replays (sometimes). If Foreigners are interested in starting a team for the fish clan league, I can help set it up. If foreigners are interested in a show match vs korean amateurs or ex-pro gamers I can set it up.

I admit I don't follow foreign starcraft at all. I don't know who the good foreign players are, and I haven't played iccup beyond gem league in a long long time. I played on fish solely for the past year, and brainclan for a year or two before that.

If people are interested in watching high level gaming for their own entertainment using their own hard earned money then I will do whatever I can to make it happen. If they want to see JoeSmith55 play against a 1500+ (I think that's really low of an ELO personally to warrant a showmatch for money, but that's my own opinion) Korean then I will do what I can.

I didn't say I was going to do this blind, I was peaking interest and if people were interested in donating / helping out / watching then we would have somewhere to go.

But we already have quite a bit of foreign only events (ISL, Gambit Cups, etc...) and if people want to see the highest level matches they can when no more BW is playing on the professional level, then this can be a way to do it.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 01:56:04
May 01 2012 01:50 GMT
#156
On May 01 2012 10:42 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 10:40 L3gendary wrote:
What about a foreigner competition/qualifier with a smaller prize to see who makes it on the "foreigner" team (every season), which is part of the bigger global league with a larger prize pool (which can be individual or team based).

Are you proposing having a qualifier for a foreign team for a global clan league? Because if it was individual, it wouldn't be a foreigner team. Also, I like the qualifier idea, but think it'd have to be short. It's not about the level of play, most of the active foreign BW community is very clearly defined and we know who the best players are. It'd simply be testing the point of interest.


It's really semantics. If it's a clan league then the winners would compose the foreign team, if it's an individual league then the winners would be the qualified foreigners. And yes, it would have to be short. It would be like any qualifier but with an added incentive. But it should also be treated as its own tournament so that it receives attention.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
May 01 2012 01:59 GMT
#157
Looks like some one is biased against korean .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
maltey
Profile Joined August 2011
United States38 Posts
May 01 2012 03:54 GMT
#158
On May 01 2012 10:10 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 10:03 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Well Game, if you have a better idea then please let me know. Keeping foreigners separate can not be a good idea and instead will just dwindle out the community even more which is the impression I'm getting off of you. There are a few foreigners who can compete against some top amateur koreans which I would love to actually compete.

I have a good relationship with various korean teams, who show interest in the idea of somehow incorporating foreigners. The Koreans scene does not take an anti-foreigner approach, instead they want to embrace it however language barriers play a huge role in the seperation of the leagues. There are various approaches we can take to fix the time zone differences, and the majority of foreigners who actually wants to practice at a high level normally plays during Korean hours, so it will not be too difficult to fix any time zone issues.

I'm well aware. Until foreign teams started paying me, I played 99% of my games on West and BrainClan. I understand their attitude, and it is indeed a minority that want to play with white players, and it's not limited to the language barrier. In fact, half of the ones who do want to play with white players want one of the following three: 1) Fans 2) To bully somebody 3) To troll them (typically with perversion). I do indeed consider myself a pillar of the foreign community, and thus yes I do strive to enhance it in every way possible with the resources I have. I don't strictly want to keep the community foreign, but I also don't want to throw money at Koreans to play with us that could be better used in the foreign community.

1) Yellow vs White showmatches
2) A foreign team to play individual clan wars with teams. <-- why is this so different than what Jaev wants? Because it's something that has the necessity of building. Bringing the top foreigners to play a Korean team that would bring the middle and lower ranks, with one good player to supervise and play the last match if necessary. Beat them --> establish even the slightest bit of respect so we could have individual casts and exposure for these clan wars, and have the entire community rally behind one good, solid cause.
3) Invite a minority of Koreans into a majority foreign league. Test out the culture, time zones, and if foreigners can even compete against 1500 Fish players in tournament play.

I mean I have plenty of ideas, I just think yours is really, really bad and detrimental to any effort that would secure a foundation between foreign and Korean BW. Sorry if I've offended you, but it's just how I see it.

On point 1: This is exactly what I suggested we do to CA in a PM 2 days ago.

Get in touch with a really good amateur semi-pro and we'll pit him against one of the best foreigners we can find. Sziky, pro7ect, micheal, jumper, someone like that.

It'll have a better story line and it'll feel like something's on the line for everyone.


On point 2: This is in the same vein of thought that I had, (in the sense of steadily upping the ante. As you put it: beta testing) but do we even have a team that could go anywhere near what even the weakest Korean Clan could put up? I think we'd have to put together another FAT.

On Point 3: I saw this kind of thing as closer to a Step 2. Something more like invite 6 foreigners and 2 koreans to an 8 man one weekend tourney.

I think we're pretty much on the same page here.

On a side note: I think CA should be the lead on this project as 1) he's already taken the initiative 2) we need a bilingual lead for a bilingual project and 3) He'll listen to our feedback.
"Be relentlessly positive." "There's nothing cooler than being proud of what you love." --day[9]
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
May 01 2012 04:13 GMT
#159
There will never be no professional BW. Also, maltey, I hope I didn't give you the idea that I wanted to hijack any project or even organize it, I was simply giving constructive feedback for something I'd have interest in keeping a close eye on.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
CakeOrI)eath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States327 Posts
May 01 2012 04:17 GMT
#160
On May 01 2012 10:45 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Like I said, I'm willing to organize anything that has to do with Koreans.

If people are interested in korean events, I can get VODs or replays (sometimes). If Foreigners are interested in starting a team for the fish clan league, I can help set it up. If foreigners are interested in a show match vs korean amateurs or ex-pro gamers I can set it up.

I admit I don't follow foreign starcraft at all. I don't know who the good foreign players are, and I haven't played iccup beyond gem league in a long long time. I played on fish solely for the past year, and brainclan for a year or two before that.

If people are interested in watching high level gaming for their own entertainment using their own hard earned money then I will do whatever I can to make it happen. If they want to see JoeSmith55 play against a 1500+ (I think that's really low of an ELO personally to warrant a showmatch for money, but that's my own opinion) Korean then I will do what I can.

I didn't say I was going to do this blind, I was peaking interest and if people were interested in donating / helping out / watching then we would have somewhere to go.

But we already have quite a bit of foreign only events (ISL, Gambit Cups, etc...) and if people want to see the highest level matches they can when no more BW is playing on the professional level, then this can be a way to do it.


I agree with CaucasianAsian. We might have lost most of the good foreigner players and even tournaments to sc2 (TSL etc.) but we still have some foreign only tourneys and events. Game, along with others, have done remarkable work keeping those alive.

The true thing that many of us fear losing is the professional sc1 Korean scene and broadcasts. To me this thread is about keeping the spirit of that alive and available to foreigners to watch. This might just mean finding better ways to tune into Korean amateur tournaments that are already going on (and possibly donating to them). It might mean funding our own tourney for the Koreans to play in. Either would mean crossing a lot of cultural barriers.

I honestly don't know why its so hard for foreigners to access fish/afreeka. It seems the Koreans have no interest in making themselves available to us either through ignorance, apathy, or national pride (sc is Korean sport, gtfo everyone else). At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what reason it is, that's where the money comes in. If we make it clear we are willing to pay to watch high level bw, I'm confident that will change most of their attitudes.

To start off that money is going to have to come mostly, if not entirely, from viewer donations. I think we all agree we don't want a pay wall since we want to grow viewership, not kill it. While that model might actually be sustainable, I am personally hoping that we could actually grow viewership to the point that advertisers would be tempted to take over, or at least help. Either way, that is a long way off and it'ss assuming the KR progamers fully switch over to sc2 (I personally am still hoping they switch back to sc1 after this one year, and none of this will matter but I know its wishful thinking)

The thing I will agree with Game about is mixing the foreigners in. As much as I would LOVE to see our best players at least take a game off of the top KR amateurs, it just isn't going to happen. I certainly wouldn't bar them from entering but only invite them if they have a legit chance of winning a BO3-BO5. A 50-50 mix would mean so many walkovers it would just be a waste of time for everyone.
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 266
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
White-Ra 181
Mini 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5612
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu600
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2361
FrodaN1522
fl0m1500
RotterdaM879
olofmeister877
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes344
Livibee212
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1699
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 55m
Replay Cast
2h 55m
OSC
15h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.