• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:43
CEST 20:43
KST 03:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7541 users

Rumors on SC Proleague Season 2 - Page 13

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 103 Next
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
March 23 2012 18:48 GMT
#241
I don't think it is a bad idea. I love both games, so it'd be awesome to see both of them being played in one place.

However, I can understand the diehard BW fans being upset, considering Proleague is one of two BW tournaments left.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
JohnnyPG
Profile Joined October 2011
United States39 Posts
March 23 2012 18:50 GMT
#242
On March 24 2012 03:48 SlowBullets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:45 JohnnyPG wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:43 1Eris1 wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:39 JohnnyPG wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:36 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:31 JohnnyPG wrote:
On March 24 2012 02:41 Garrl wrote:
On March 24 2012 02:07 JohnnyPG wrote:
There is a shit load of angry BW fanboys on here D:

Now, coming from a relatively unbiased point of view, I think this is going to really bring the community together :D

I closely follow both BW and SC2 because both of them have their inherent flaws and their awesome traits.

BW Pros : Ridiculous APM requirements, old school heroes like Bisu and JD, difficult interface, so you know those boys are just clickin and clackin away on those keyboards >: D these two things just make it sooo fucking interesting to watch because you know that pure talent is behind those screens.

BW cons = Eyesore, not saying BW is just unwatchable, but by modern standards, ya -___- Lack of new faces, we all know Flash, JD, Bisu, and the likes are always going to be at the forefront, no room for growth, guys..I love BW because of the incredible talent that is in it, but lets be honest with ourselves as fans, this move is a desperation move, because money and time are running out for our beloved game.

SC2 pros = Gorgeous to watch, all commentary is in English (for the most part), large foreign community with talent and potential, game is still young, strategies and metagame are expanding all the time, the game is already becoming much less deathball dependent, I saw a game with Puma the other day where he was executing double pronged drops and micro'ing them well along with his marine tank push, I was thoroughly impressed, the apm on that is sick, it seems like the true talent and practice is finally showing through,

Sc2 cons = Lack of ridiculously amazing players, the players are getting better....they are, but we dont have any true "Holy shit he is unstoppable" players as of right now, makes it hard to really get behind someone in my opinion. Deathballs, wihle the game is improving and stepping away from these, there is still the dreaded and boring deathballs ...,Mostly in matchups with Protoss is what I observe.

So pretty much, why wouldnt you guys want this? Why must you be "BW fans" or "SC2 fans"? Why not just be "Starcraft fans"? I think this is cool, it might breathe some new life into the BW scene and its starting a more rapid integration in the Korean scene (I'm sure they are hesitant about the change).

SO as STARCRAFT fans lets look at this through some optimism yes?

Starcraft for life <3


All your posts have been trolling BW threads, why have you not been banned yet?


I am not even close to trolling with my current post, so that is a pretty irrelevant point.

I used to troll simply because it seems that alot of Broodwar fanboys are so ridiculously biased that they would make any QQ regular on the Starcraft 2 forums pale in comparison.


But after having a few in depth conversations with some intelligent Broodwar fans it really just seems to follow the mantra of a few bad apples ruin it for the whole bunch.

In any case, stop trolling me, if you dont have anything productive to say then gtfo please.


Ladies and gentlemen, please don't take this troll too seriously.

Have a great day.


I agree folks, dont take the guy thats attempting to be unbiased about things opinion over the people that just say, "trolololollol lmfao" because, well that would just be foolish.

Obviously the intelligence factor speaks for itself concerning that one.

Thanks man, I am actually having a nice day :D


Unbiased over opinion you say?...that's funny

You say BW is an eyesore but sc2 is not...well guess what? That's a fucking opinion. Personally I think sc2 is a huge eye sore with its god awful units and mechanics. Doesn't make it a fact though. But it also means your statements arent facts, but in fact opinions.
Terrible post


I just gave what I personally thought were the pros and the cons of each game. That is the complete opposite of bias. If I was biased I would have listed nothing but pros for SC2 and nothing but cons for BW O____O

Jesus Christ you BW fanboys are sensitive.


Personal opinion = unbias?

Jesus Christ you SC2 fanboys are stupid.


Interesting, lets just break out the dictionary on this one alright Aristotle?

bi·as/ˈbīəs/
Noun:
Prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

o·pin·ion/əˈpinyən/
Noun:
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Not saying my views were based off of strict fact, really were just my opinion.

How was anything I posted unfair or excessively favoring another? D:
MOAR MARINES!!!
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
March 23 2012 18:51 GMT
#243
On March 24 2012 03:45 Captain Peabody wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:37 StarStruck wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:34 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:28 jidolboy wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:25 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:22 jidolboy wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:19 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:10 SlowBullets wrote:
[quote]
lol

"level"

"progaming"

i really don't think so...if anything the levels are way significantly worse.

That's irrelevant if there literally wasn't any level of progaming outside of Korea at all before SC2. And programing implies to make a living playing a game competitively (regardless of skill), so I don't know what the quotation marks are for other than to be condescendant.


I used quotes because it's not really progaming and the level of players at the moment is not impressive whatsoever. Feels so artificial.

It really is progaming, there are paychecks and stuff. Maybe it feels artificial because you choose to hate the game but again, that's irrelevant to the legitimacy of its professional scene. Things are what they are.


You do know barely any foreign team pays their player salarys right?
Otherwise I would not call it progaming because they are not earning any income to support themselves

That's why I said "is bringing a new level of progaming" as in "is starting to bring", instead of "brought":


What makes you think foreigners will start to earn salarys? At this pace, foreigners will disappear slowly as BW players switch to SC2

There is a competitive structure in the west that didn't exist in BW. I think that may have the ability to fuel a sustainable progaming scene, because that structure is starting to be able to monetize themselves in a way that may allow for a better chance of turning profits for the players, and in turn making the teams sustainable.


What in the blue hell are you chirpping about? We had our own competitive structure bucko. Not comparative to the Korean's system, but that doesn't change the fact that players could still go over there and try to go through Courage. Only a few guys made it out and the rest of the licenses were handouts.

There was a competitive structure. Don't shit on everything that we've done please, thanks.

Yeah, there was a structure; but to call that structure (play WCG and a few other tournaments a few times a year, have a 1/10000 chance that a Korean pro-team might allow you to play for them) something comparable to the modern SC2 scene is something very close to a lie. In any event, he didn't say that there wasn't a structure, he just said that there now exists a structure that didn't exist before. That much is simply undeniable. Seriously, there are now serious progaming teams with team houses and large salaries for their players in the West. You just didn't have that in BW.

Again, liking BW doesn't necessarily involve pissing on what SC2 has accomplished, any more than liking SC2 necessarily involves pissing on what BW accomplished. Let's at least be honest here.


Um, we didn't just have a few tournaments. Our emphasis was more on laddering, NW and CW. If you were on a half decent team there was shit going on practically every other day. The only thing is very few people actually got paid and that money was coming from anywhere.

It's sufficient because back then a lot of us were still going to school. It was a hobby more than anything else. We have team houses now hooooray. I'm not denying that shit, but the benefits are slim to none other than having a roof over your head and food. Which is fine. I'm well aware of what's happening man. I follow both so I don't need to be lectured.

This rumor has been going on for quite some time and I cannot believe they would actually implement anything like this.
Iway
Profile Joined December 2011
France163 Posts
March 23 2012 18:51 GMT
#244
screw it.
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
March 23 2012 18:51 GMT
#245
On March 24 2012 03:48 Jedclark wrote:
I don't think it is a bad idea. I love both games, so it'd be awesome to see both of them being played in one place.

However, I can understand the diehard BW fans being upset, considering Proleague is one of two BW tournaments left.

The problem is that if this is true Proleague isn't an umbrella league for the usual BW league and a new SC2 league, it'd literally be one league where players play both games, which is retarded. It has as much validity as if the games were BW and Mario Kart.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
March 23 2012 18:51 GMT
#246
This is really strange. I would love to see both BW and SC2 but alternating sets? Um, what?

Perhaps they want to introduce hardcore BW lovers to the game of SC2 by force, making them care about the outcome of the games for the team they cheer for?

I mean if you had BW timeblock and SC2 timeblock its possible people wouldn't watch the SC2 timeblock after all (or vice versa).

Its just ... weird
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
March 23 2012 18:51 GMT
#247
I don't like the idea of mixing the two games in something like Proleague. Maybe for showmatches where the same players play both or something, but this doesn't make much sense to me. Really sad for BW, probably not helpful for SC2.
all's fair in love and melodies
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 18:52:36
March 23 2012 18:52 GMT
#248
On March 24 2012 03:25 bgx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:19 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:10 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:07 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 01:39 Jealous wrote:
This way I can be an elitist and tell SC2 fans tales about the good days when good games were getting good ratings and were making good money for good sponsors, and how their game and its backers destroyed it all.

That's really unnecessary... If anything SC2 is bringing a new level of progaming outside Korea.

lol

"level"

"progaming"

i really don't think so...if anything the levels are way significantly worse.

That's irrelevant if there literally wasn't any level of progaming outside of Korea at all before SC2. And programing implies to make a living playing a game competitively (regardless of skill), so I don't know what the quotation marks are for other than to be condescendant.


I used quotes because it's not really progaming and the level of players at the moment is not impressive whatsoever. Feels so artificial.

It really is progaming, there are paychecks and stuff. Maybe it feels artificial because you choose to hate the game but again, that's irrelevant to the legitimacy of its professional scene. Things are what they are.


On March 24 2012 03:18 bgx wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:10 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:07 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 01:39 Jealous wrote:
This way I can be an elitist and tell SC2 fans tales about the good days when good games were getting good ratings and were making good money for good sponsors, and how their game and its backers destroyed it all.

That's really unnecessary... If anything SC2 is bringing a new level of progaming outside Korea.

lol

"level"

"progaming"

i really don't think so...if anything the levels are way significantly worse.

That's irrelevant if there literally wasn't any level of progaming outside of Korea at all before SC2. And programing implies to make a living playing a game competitively (regardless of skill), so I don't know what the quotation marks are for other than to be condescendant.

Please say RTS if you are talking about RTS progaming only, because there was and still is a western Esports.

Oh forgot about WC3, so i guess you mean Starcraft progaming?

Yeah I meant Starcraft, both BW and SC2.

You know what, and thats why SC2 is bad. You dont design the game to cure the situation of esports, you make the game to build the community, after you build the community the esports happens itself, thats how CS Esports happened and its the most succesfull western esport. Its still played to this day and its even older than Korean starcraft-brand esports



Not to derail but that's not really true, the first televised BW tournament predates the release of CS.
BW forever || Thall
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 23 2012 18:52 GMT
#249
Might as well throw in a few sets of BGH and Warcraft 3.

Mixing SC2 and BW is about as safe as mixing chlorine and bleach.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 18:55:09
March 23 2012 18:53 GMT
#250
On March 24 2012 03:45 howLiN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:37 StarStruck wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:34 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:28 jidolboy wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:25 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:22 jidolboy wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:19 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:10 SlowBullets wrote:
[quote]
lol

"level"

"progaming"

i really don't think so...if anything the levels are way significantly worse.

That's irrelevant if there literally wasn't any level of progaming outside of Korea at all before SC2. And programing implies to make a living playing a game competitively (regardless of skill), so I don't know what the quotation marks are for other than to be condescendant.


I used quotes because it's not really progaming and the level of players at the moment is not impressive whatsoever. Feels so artificial.

It really is progaming, there are paychecks and stuff. Maybe it feels artificial because you choose to hate the game but again, that's irrelevant to the legitimacy of its professional scene. Things are what they are.


You do know barely any foreign team pays their player salarys right?
Otherwise I would not call it progaming because they are not earning any income to support themselves

That's why I said "is bringing a new level of progaming" as in "is starting to bring", instead of "brought":


What makes you think foreigners will start to earn salarys? At this pace, foreigners will disappear slowly as BW players switch to SC2

There is a competitive structure in the west that didn't exist in BW. I think that may have the ability to fuel a sustainable progaming scene, because that structure is starting to be able to monetize themselves in a way that may allow for a better chance of turning profits for the players, and in turn making the teams sustainable.


What in the blue hell are you chirping about? We had our own competitive structure bucko. Not comparative to the Korean's system, but that doesn't change the fact that players could still go over there and try to go through Courage. Only a few guys made it out and the rest of the licenses were handouts.

There was a competitive structure. Don't shit on everything that we've done please, thanks.

Stop being defensive, I'm not shitting on anything. It's clear that the BW foreign scene and the SC2 foreign scene have very different structures. Granted, the Korean scene (the most competitive in both games) is much more solid in BW than it is in SC2, but on the west it's kinda backwards.


Defensive? Bullshit.

If you walk into my neck of the woods you better be fucking prepared.

On March 24 2012 03:51 howLiN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:48 Jedclark wrote:
I don't think it is a bad idea. I love both games, so it'd be awesome to see both of them being played in one place.

However, I can understand the diehard BW fans being upset, considering Proleague is one of two BW tournaments left.

The problem is that if this is true Proleague isn't an umbrella league for the usual BW league and a new SC2 league, it'd literally be one league where players play both games, which is retarded. It has as much validity as if the games were BW and Mario Kart.


We can agree on that one principle.

It's one or the other.
MrCash
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1504 Posts
March 23 2012 18:53 GMT
#251
Weird, yet interesting way of promoting SC2 in Korea.
It is well known BW is more popular and has more respect. Simply turning it off and turning on SC2 will not happen for majority of viewers.
I think this is an interesting idea, that will make some BW and SC2 viewers unhappy, however if it can bring over BW viewers over to SC2, it should be a win for the future of esports.
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
March 23 2012 18:54 GMT
#252
On March 24 2012 03:53 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:45 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:37 StarStruck wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:34 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:28 jidolboy wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:25 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:22 jidolboy wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:19 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 howLiN wrote:
[quote]
That's irrelevant if there literally wasn't any level of progaming outside of Korea at all before SC2. And programing implies to make a living playing a game competitively (regardless of skill), so I don't know what the quotation marks are for other than to be condescendant.


I used quotes because it's not really progaming and the level of players at the moment is not impressive whatsoever. Feels so artificial.

It really is progaming, there are paychecks and stuff. Maybe it feels artificial because you choose to hate the game but again, that's irrelevant to the legitimacy of its professional scene. Things are what they are.


You do know barely any foreign team pays their player salarys right?
Otherwise I would not call it progaming because they are not earning any income to support themselves

That's why I said "is bringing a new level of progaming" as in "is starting to bring", instead of "brought":


What makes you think foreigners will start to earn salarys? At this pace, foreigners will disappear slowly as BW players switch to SC2

There is a competitive structure in the west that didn't exist in BW. I think that may have the ability to fuel a sustainable progaming scene, because that structure is starting to be able to monetize themselves in a way that may allow for a better chance of turning profits for the players, and in turn making the teams sustainable.


What in the blue hell are you chirping about? We had our own competitive structure bucko. Not comparative to the Korean's system, but that doesn't change the fact that players could still go over there and try to go through Courage. Only a few guys made it out and the rest of the licenses were handouts.

There was a competitive structure. Don't shit on everything that we've done please, thanks.

Stop being defensive, I'm not shitting on anything. It's clear that the BW foreign scene and the SC2 foreign scene have very different structures. Granted, the Korean scene (the most competitive in both games) is much more solid in BW than it is in SC2, but on the west it's kinda backwards.


Defensive? Bullshit.

If you walk into my neck of the woods you better be fucking prepared.

I hope you're being sarcastic...
HyruleanTubist
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States189 Posts
March 23 2012 18:54 GMT
#253
On March 24 2012 03:45 jaQi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:44 HyruleanTubist wrote:
That actually sounds really awesome to me. I'd watch the shit out of this if this happens. I wonder how the teams are going to work, will the BW teams and SC2 teams combine somehow?


You serious?


Yep. Could be sweet. Both games are awesome (never understood why we can't just all love Starcraft, no matter which game it is), and it would create some interesting dynamics during a match. You need to have a solid squad of both SC2 and BW players to be a top team. Teams won't be able to rely on a single player, a single race, or even a single game.

Most importantly, I would get to watch both BW and SC2 at once ^^
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
March 23 2012 18:55 GMT
#254
This is some terrible stuff.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
JohnnyPG
Profile Joined October 2011
United States39 Posts
March 23 2012 18:56 GMT
#255
On March 24 2012 03:54 HyruleanTubist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:45 jaQi wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:44 HyruleanTubist wrote:
That actually sounds really awesome to me. I'd watch the shit out of this if this happens. I wonder how the teams are going to work, will the BW teams and SC2 teams combine somehow?


You serious?


Yep. Could be sweet. Both games are awesome (never understood why we can't just all love Starcraft, no matter which game it is), and it would create some interesting dynamics during a match. You need to have a solid squad of both SC2 and BW players to be a top team. Teams won't be able to rely on a single player, a single race, or even a single game.

Most importantly, I would get to watch both BW and SC2 at once ^^


Watch out! You just said both games were good! That means you are sticking up for SC2 and are an ignorant biased troll about EVERYTHING you post D:

Oh wait no your not, you just like Starcraft, hear hear brother!! <3
MOAR MARINES!!!
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
March 23 2012 18:56 GMT
#256
On March 24 2012 03:54 HyruleanTubist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:45 jaQi wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:44 HyruleanTubist wrote:
That actually sounds really awesome to me. I'd watch the shit out of this if this happens. I wonder how the teams are going to work, will the BW teams and SC2 teams combine somehow?


You serious?


Yep. Could be sweet. Both games are awesome (never understood why we can't just all love Starcraft, no matter which game it is), and it would create some interesting dynamics during a match. You need to have a solid squad of both SC2 and BW players to be a top team. Teams won't be able to rely on a single player, a single race, or even a single game.

Most importantly, I would get to watch both BW and SC2 at once ^^

I still believe having separate BW/SC2 league would fit your purpose well. I understand what you are saying, but the analogy of football (soccer) and football (not soccer) works well. You might be fan of both games but to combine them both would be terrible idea.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
SlowBullets
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States839 Posts
March 23 2012 18:57 GMT
#257
On March 24 2012 03:53 MrCash wrote:
Weird, yet interesting way of promoting SC2 in Korea.
It is well known BW is more popular and has more respect. Simply turning it off and turning on SC2 will not happen for majority of viewers.
I think this is an interesting idea, that will make some BW and SC2 viewers unhappy, however if it can bring over BW viewers over to SC2, it should be a win for the future of esports.

Look, I have no problems with BW and SC2 coexisting, but to have them play both games on the same team vs team set?

That's fucking lame and a completely different story. I do not support that.
1:1 go sc2 LAN? Oh wait...
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
March 23 2012 18:57 GMT
#258
On March 24 2012 03:54 howLiN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:53 StarStruck wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:45 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:37 StarStruck wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:34 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:28 jidolboy wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:25 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:22 jidolboy wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:19 howLiN wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:15 SlowBullets wrote:
[quote]

I used quotes because it's not really progaming and the level of players at the moment is not impressive whatsoever. Feels so artificial.

It really is progaming, there are paychecks and stuff. Maybe it feels artificial because you choose to hate the game but again, that's irrelevant to the legitimacy of its professional scene. Things are what they are.


You do know barely any foreign team pays their player salarys right?
Otherwise I would not call it progaming because they are not earning any income to support themselves

That's why I said "is bringing a new level of progaming" as in "is starting to bring", instead of "brought":


What makes you think foreigners will start to earn salarys? At this pace, foreigners will disappear slowly as BW players switch to SC2

There is a competitive structure in the west that didn't exist in BW. I think that may have the ability to fuel a sustainable progaming scene, because that structure is starting to be able to monetize themselves in a way that may allow for a better chance of turning profits for the players, and in turn making the teams sustainable.


What in the blue hell are you chirping about? We had our own competitive structure bucko. Not comparative to the Korean's system, but that doesn't change the fact that players could still go over there and try to go through Courage. Only a few guys made it out and the rest of the licenses were handouts.

There was a competitive structure. Don't shit on everything that we've done please, thanks.

Stop being defensive, I'm not shitting on anything. It's clear that the BW foreign scene and the SC2 foreign scene have very different structures. Granted, the Korean scene (the most competitive in both games) is much more solid in BW than it is in SC2, but on the west it's kinda backwards.


Defensive? Bullshit.

If you walk into my neck of the woods you better be fucking prepared.

I hope you're being sarcastic...


I like to look at the facts.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 23 2012 18:57 GMT
#259
i hope the finals features a footrace and a hotdog eating contest

your golden mouse winner will be usain bolt.
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 18:59:41
March 23 2012 18:58 GMT
#260
On March 24 2012 03:50 JohnnyPG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 03:48 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:45 JohnnyPG wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:43 1Eris1 wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:39 JohnnyPG wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:36 SlowBullets wrote:
On March 24 2012 03:31 JohnnyPG wrote:
On March 24 2012 02:41 Garrl wrote:
On March 24 2012 02:07 JohnnyPG wrote:
There is a shit load of angry BW fanboys on here D:

Now, coming from a relatively unbiased point of view, I think this is going to really bring the community together :D

I closely follow both BW and SC2 because both of them have their inherent flaws and their awesome traits.

BW Pros : Ridiculous APM requirements, old school heroes like Bisu and JD, difficult interface, so you know those boys are just clickin and clackin away on those keyboards >: D these two things just make it sooo fucking interesting to watch because you know that pure talent is behind those screens.

BW cons = Eyesore, not saying BW is just unwatchable, but by modern standards, ya -___- Lack of new faces, we all know Flash, JD, Bisu, and the likes are always going to be at the forefront, no room for growth, guys..I love BW because of the incredible talent that is in it, but lets be honest with ourselves as fans, this move is a desperation move, because money and time are running out for our beloved game.

SC2 pros = Gorgeous to watch, all commentary is in English (for the most part), large foreign community with talent and potential, game is still young, strategies and metagame are expanding all the time, the game is already becoming much less deathball dependent, I saw a game with Puma the other day where he was executing double pronged drops and micro'ing them well along with his marine tank push, I was thoroughly impressed, the apm on that is sick, it seems like the true talent and practice is finally showing through,

Sc2 cons = Lack of ridiculously amazing players, the players are getting better....they are, but we dont have any true "Holy shit he is unstoppable" players as of right now, makes it hard to really get behind someone in my opinion. Deathballs, wihle the game is improving and stepping away from these, there is still the dreaded and boring deathballs ...,Mostly in matchups with Protoss is what I observe.

So pretty much, why wouldnt you guys want this? Why must you be "BW fans" or "SC2 fans"? Why not just be "Starcraft fans"? I think this is cool, it might breathe some new life into the BW scene and its starting a more rapid integration in the Korean scene (I'm sure they are hesitant about the change).

SO as STARCRAFT fans lets look at this through some optimism yes?

Starcraft for life <3


All your posts have been trolling BW threads, why have you not been banned yet?


I am not even close to trolling with my current post, so that is a pretty irrelevant point.

I used to troll simply because it seems that alot of Broodwar fanboys are so ridiculously biased that they would make any QQ regular on the Starcraft 2 forums pale in comparison.


But after having a few in depth conversations with some intelligent Broodwar fans it really just seems to follow the mantra of a few bad apples ruin it for the whole bunch.

In any case, stop trolling me, if you dont have anything productive to say then gtfo please.


Ladies and gentlemen, please don't take this troll too seriously.

Have a great day.


I agree folks, dont take the guy thats attempting to be unbiased about things opinion over the people that just say, "trolololollol lmfao" because, well that would just be foolish.

Obviously the intelligence factor speaks for itself concerning that one.

Thanks man, I am actually having a nice day :D


Unbiased over opinion you say?...that's funny

You say BW is an eyesore but sc2 is not...well guess what? That's a fucking opinion. Personally I think sc2 is a huge eye sore with its god awful units and mechanics. Doesn't make it a fact though. But it also means your statements arent facts, but in fact opinions.
Terrible post


I just gave what I personally thought were the pros and the cons of each game. That is the complete opposite of bias. If I was biased I would have listed nothing but pros for SC2 and nothing but cons for BW O____O

Jesus Christ you BW fanboys are sensitive.


Personal opinion = unbias?

Jesus Christ you SC2 fanboys are stupid.


Interesting, lets just break out the dictionary on this one alright Aristotle?

bi·as/ˈbīəs/
Noun:
Prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

o·pin·ion/əˈpinyən/
Noun:
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Not saying my views were based off of strict fact, really were just my opinion.

How was anything I posted unfair or excessively favoring another? D:

My personal thought on SC2 was that it was a piece of shit. I'm not being biased or something, just posting my personal thought.

"Bias is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives. Bias can come in many forms."
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 253
ProTech154
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 25
CosmosSc2 21
JuggernautJason17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24508
Shuttle 692
Hyuk 166
White-Ra 132
Dewaltoss 99
firebathero 76
Trap 48
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 19
[ Show more ]
Rock 16
Shine 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9653
qojqva1567
Counter-Strike
fl0m1570
Fnx 829
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King109
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1729
crisheroes1271
Khaldor1257
Liquid`Hasu436
Other Games
summit1g4090
FrodaN1498
Beastyqt566
Mlord322
XBOCT289
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0176
QueenE69
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH327
• StrangeGG 69
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1099
• Shiphtur334
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 17m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 17m
Online Event
16h 17m
FEL
21h 17m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.