• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:18
CEST 07:18
KST 14:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8020 users

Everybody should play a little SC2 - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 19 Next All
TemujinGK
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States483 Posts
January 29 2012 15:23 GMT
#261
On January 27 2012 19:02 sluggaslamoo wrote:
Well the thing is, nearly all BW players have tried SC2 to a certain extent. Not many SC2 players have even seen BW.



so real
"Pikachu and Protoss are both yellow, Coincidence?" ~apexMorroW
.Sic.
Profile Joined February 2011
Korea (South)497 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-29 16:11:32
January 29 2012 15:59 GMT
#262
On January 27 2012 18:28 Gecko[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 18:19 EatThePath wrote:
On January 27 2012 18:08 Pholon wrote:
I've played SC2 enough to say you say some very wrong, and contradictory things. Also you seem to assign worth arbitrarily and say things that are flat out not true. Also you start with a statement and then put down 4 random paragraphs with no real structure to them. I'm feeling a whole lot of "meh" right now :/


lol, same reaction. really?

I would love to hear what you think is flat wrong, or arbitrarily positively valued. (seriously)

OP resonates a lot with me, but I am showing support for a good, well-written post from a worthy source, not some words I am happy to hear cause I find them agreeable.


It reads a lot like his very own impressions, e.g. him not being under stress or under stress too little. I don't know who or where he played, but BW is a shitload of stress, given that your opponent is somewhat around your level. There are more points like his impressions on micro management and such. Hard to phrase in words, especially since I (still) don't get what he wants me to do with his text. I see no point in like... is that some sort of recruitment, or?

Maybe I'm not smart enough to understand, I'll just deal with it.



Edit: it seems like I misunderstood the context of his statement, so nvm.
Clan MvP Member | http://sc2ranks.com/kr/3273340/SicMvP
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
January 29 2012 16:07 GMT
#263
On January 30 2012 00:59 .Sic. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 18:28 Gecko[Xp] wrote:
On January 27 2012 18:19 EatThePath wrote:
On January 27 2012 18:08 Pholon wrote:
I've played SC2 enough to say you say some very wrong, and contradictory things. Also you seem to assign worth arbitrarily and say things that are flat out not true. Also you start with a statement and then put down 4 random paragraphs with no real structure to them. I'm feeling a whole lot of "meh" right now :/


lol, same reaction. really?

I would love to hear what you think is flat wrong, or arbitrarily positively valued. (seriously)

OP resonates a lot with me, but I am showing support for a good, well-written post from a worthy source, not some words I am happy to hear cause I find them agreeable.


It reads a lot like his very own impressions, e.g. him not being under stress or under stress too little. I don't know who or where he played, but BW is a shitload of stress, given that your opponent is somewhat around your level. There are more points like his impressions on micro management and such. Hard to phrase in words, especially since I (still) don't get what he wants me to do with his text. I see no point in like... is that some sort of recruitment, or?

Maybe I'm not smart enough to understand, I'll just deal with it.


By saying BW is a shitload of stress, you're implying sc2 is not a shitload of stress? cause that's just flat out pretentious.

Depends on how you quantify a shit load.
.Sic.
Profile Joined February 2011
Korea (South)497 Posts
January 29 2012 16:13 GMT
#264
On January 27 2012 20:22 Sinedd wrote:
I played SC2 for like 6 months

it was cool at first but then started to bore me...

then I came back after like 6 more months, played 5 games. Did shit that didnt make any sense (no strict build orders and stuff) won all games pretty convincingly.

I didnt played SC2 from that day.


This is flat out silly. Unless you were playing against top players (at least high masters/grandmasters level), I don't think you should can judge by the 5 games.
Clan MvP Member | http://sc2ranks.com/kr/3273340/SicMvP
GeckoVOD
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Germany814 Posts
January 29 2012 16:15 GMT
#265
On January 30 2012 00:59 .Sic. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 18:28 Gecko[Xp] wrote:
On January 27 2012 18:19 EatThePath wrote:
On January 27 2012 18:08 Pholon wrote:
I've played SC2 enough to say you say some very wrong, and contradictory things. Also you seem to assign worth arbitrarily and say things that are flat out not true. Also you start with a statement and then put down 4 random paragraphs with no real structure to them. I'm feeling a whole lot of "meh" right now :/


lol, same reaction. really?

I would love to hear what you think is flat wrong, or arbitrarily positively valued. (seriously)

OP resonates a lot with me, but I am showing support for a good, well-written post from a worthy source, not some words I am happy to hear cause I find them agreeable.



It reads a lot like his very own impressions, e.g. him not being under stress or under stress too little. I don't know who or where he played, but BW is a shitload of stress, given that your opponent is somewhat around your level. There are more points like his impressions on micro management and such. Hard to phrase in words, especially since I (still) don't get what he wants me to do with his text. I see no point in like... is that some sort of recruitment, or?

Maybe I'm not smart enough to understand, I'll just deal with it.


By saying BW is a shitload of stress, you're implying sc2 is not a shitload of stress? cause that's just flat out pretentious.


That made me facepalm. Why do you want to fight so badly?

His point: he thinks SC2 puts him into more stressing stituations. Point given to him, that might be true. For him. My point: I already have that in BW. My experience.

Now: where did I exactly try to imply anything? Trust me, I really do not care about SC2 and/or have feelings towards it. It's a game, why should I rage about it, or for that matter, offend anyone who plays it? That's stupid.

Just accept that these are games, not some sort of science where you can argue which of two theories is correct. It's a matter of taste. That's why I don't get this thread at all. You wouldn't ask me to eat potato soup twenty times in a row when I already told you after the third time that I don't like it.
@DonGeckone on Twitterstuff // JOIN THE YODA FANCLUB OR YOU'RE REALLY REALLY UNCOOL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=398220
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-29 16:21:42
January 29 2012 16:15 GMT
#266
On January 28 2012 23:20 Alex) wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 12:55 Zergneedsfood wrote:
I think it's fair to say that most BW players have played SC2.

The reason we hang here is because we've tried it and felt like the experience wasn't really all that worth it.


But the real question is did you play it when the game came out? or in beta? because back then the game was shit but right now its alot better. Thats my whole problem with this bw vs sc2 is most bw players played a few games when it was in beta or when it just came out and the game was bad back then. Play it now or watch a few vods and you can see the game is alot better.


I've played it on and off when my friends play it.

Every time I pick it up, I still don't like it.

Edit: As a C player, nothing in SC2 refines anything I know in BW. In fact, it arguably makes it all worse. So, no, I think for someone at my particular skill level (which is defined as around okay/average for most people), playing SC2 is not worth it outside some side entertainment that I barely can call "entertainment".

Edit 2: Though I will consent that recent SC2 games have gotten a little better. Huk is always fun to watch.


On January 29 2012 01:13 BarneyEX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 00:42 hitthat wrote:
The reason why you should play SC2 is...


...SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN is really fun. After finishing it, you can throw your copy from your window. XD

Somehow I sort of agree with you, I honestly thought the campaign was very well made eventhough the story was rather mediocre. I actually spent more time playing the campaign than the multiplayer and in my opinion the multiplayer was rather poorly designed.



SC2 had a terrible storyline though. Sure the missions were fun, but the story left such a bad taste in my mouth after I was done with it.


On January 29 2012 12:42 Starburst wrote:
Mods should this thread IMO. What started off as an earnest attempt to help the SC2 vs BW situation has kinda gotten a little out of hand. As someone who loves BW and sees that Starcraft 2 is a good game on its own (for it can't be compared to BW because they are so very different), you all are just plain dumb. Get your flaming out of here. At least the Elephant in the Closet thread has some legitimate discussion in it.


wut
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-29 17:18:50
January 29 2012 16:19 GMT
#267
On January 30 2012 01:15 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 23:20 Alex) wrote:
On January 28 2012 12:55 Zergneedsfood wrote:
I think it's fair to say that most BW players have played SC2.

The reason we hang here is because we've tried it and felt like the experience wasn't really all that worth it.


But the real question is did you play it when the game came out? or in beta? because back then the game was shit but right now its alot better. Thats my whole problem with this bw vs sc2 is most bw players played a few games when it was in beta or when it just came out and the game was bad back then. Play it now or watch a few vods and you can see the game is alot better.


I've played it on and off when my friends play it.

Every time I pick it up, I still don't like it.

Edit: As a C player, nothing in SC2 refines anything I know in BW. In fact, it arguably makes it all worse. So, no, I think for someone at my particular skill level (which is defined as around okay/average for most people), playing SC2 is not worth it outside some side entertainment that I barely can call "entertainment".

Edit 2: Though I will consent that recent SC2 games have gotten a little better. Huk is always fun to watch.


This sounds a lot like me.

When i just picked it up, i massed about 600 1v1 1st season (splitting b/w P n Z), and some 2v2, 3v3. Another season when i didn't really play.

The seaon after, my friend told me he wants to play together so i came back and play some games w him almost everyday. I still don't like it, and i never turn it on to play by myself, ever (after the first season, ofc).

Edit: Nvm, forget it

Edit2: Holy mother of God im a Reaver?!?!.. Bisu can't pilot me anymore
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
Disposition1989
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada270 Posts
January 29 2012 16:59 GMT
#268
i'd like to see this thread after sc2 has had 10 years of polish. what was bw like to play when it was 2 years old? (serious question, no sarcasm).

im not entirely convinced sc2 can ever get to where bw is because of how severely significant the sc2 battles are. in sc2 it seems like you could be 100% dead five seconds after your opponent sees the advantage, i.e. the engagement where your forcefields are a bit off, or emp gets all the hts, etc etc.

i haven't watched as much bw as you guys, but something that stood out to me was a pvt game i watched where the protoss did a nexus first or 1gate expo perhaps (looked to be closer positions than most maps. again, not the most familiar with bw. maybe this is standard even in closer positions? it was a featured bw terran streamer, i don't recall who) and the terran scouts it and says lol ur dead. it took him 10 minutes to choke him out though after having him pinned the entire game. also remember a tvz game where the zerg was down supply the whole game, losing bases everywhere. ultras and defilers were in the game by that point and it looked over for a good 10 minutes as well. but, he still had those 10 minutes to do something.

seems like the one guy is clearly losing but hes got 10 minutes to pull off some miracle whereas sc2 you don't have anywhere near that amount of time to come back. unless of course its real late game and you have 15 barracks or gateways.

my experience with bw was i saw people doing builds a full two minutes quicker than they had been able to do it a year before when i first saw it. so maybe given time, sc2 could do something similar
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
January 29 2012 17:19 GMT
#269
Of course we are all free to assume whatever we want. But i can tell you with 100% confidence, a guy spending his next 20 years practising and developing strategies for Tic Tac Toe nonstop won't play better than i do now. While time to polish and develop may help, it really depends on whether the given game provide the platform/structure for it to do so.

I ll also briefly recap that SC2 is built off 10 odd years of data and experience, and is not as much of an infant as you would like to think.
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
January 29 2012 17:28 GMT
#270
On January 29 2012 14:27 corumjhaelen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 14:11 Sawamura wrote:
My opponent. If I experiment in SC2 and it's not great, I fall to gold. If I play BW in any way, I get crushed by D+ players looking for D- opponents (fuck those people). It feels like the only way to get good at BW is to spend an hour a day in a Build-Order tester getting the polish down.


It happen's all the time man, These guy's just love smashing low level opponents and than ending the game calling you a noob T_T.

I don't encounter the problem that much, especially when I can host.
That being said, Ribbon is right, we don't have enough low level players. Nevertheless, if you just improve enough to get to like C-, you'll get good enough to dick around a bit (cf Konadora <3). Also, I really think you need to have a decent understanding of the game to do this efficiently, not only mechanics. That being saif Ribbon, if you want to dick around during week-ends, just PM (can't host during the week TT), I'm probably a tad better than you, but I need to play more creative and relaxed games in BW^^

lolwutwut??

i just try to make my games fun for viewers to watch :3

but yeah, i've played and watched the game long enough to understand how the game flows, just that my brain and hands can't keep up to it lol. but as said, if you improve enough to understand the flow of the game, you can try to deviate a bit :p

and i still lose to D players :s
POGGERS
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
January 29 2012 17:30 GMT
#271
On January 30 2012 01:15 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 23:20 Alex) wrote:
On January 28 2012 12:55 Zergneedsfood wrote:
I think it's fair to say that most BW players have played SC2.

The reason we hang here is because we've tried it and felt like the experience wasn't really all that worth it.


But the real question is did you play it when the game came out? or in beta? because back then the game was shit but right now its alot better. Thats my whole problem with this bw vs sc2 is most bw players played a few games when it was in beta or when it just came out and the game was bad back then. Play it now or watch a few vods and you can see the game is alot better.


I've played it on and off when my friends play it.

Every time I pick it up, I still don't like it.

Edit: As a C player, nothing in SC2 refines anything I know in BW. In fact, it arguably makes it all worse. So, no, I think for someone at my particular skill level (which is defined as around okay/average for most people), playing SC2 is not worth it outside some side entertainment that I barely can call "entertainment".

Edit 2: Though I will consent that recent SC2 games have gotten a little better. Huk is always fun to watch.


Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 01:13 BarneyEX wrote:
On January 29 2012 00:42 hitthat wrote:
The reason why you should play SC2 is...


...SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN is really fun. After finishing it, you can throw your copy from your window. XD

Somehow I sort of agree with you, I honestly thought the campaign was very well made eventhough the story was rather mediocre. I actually spent more time playing the campaign than the multiplayer and in my opinion the multiplayer was rather poorly designed.



SC2 had a terrible storyline though. Sure the missions were fun, but the story left such a bad taste in my mouth after I was done with it.


Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 12:42 Starburst wrote:
Mods should this thread IMO. What started off as an earnest attempt to help the SC2 vs BW situation has kinda gotten a little out of hand. As someone who loves BW and sees that Starcraft 2 is a good game on its own (for it can't be compared to BW because they are so very different), you all are just plain dumb. Get your flaming out of here. At least the Elephant in the Closet thread has some legitimate discussion in it.


wut

Single Player Campaign had fun missions, I enjoy ZNF's fanfics more than SC2 canon though. The canon left me confused and like uhhh what?-ish impression
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-29 18:12:37
January 29 2012 18:12 GMT
#272
On January 30 2012 01:19 ffreakk wrote:
Edit2: Holy mother of God im a Reaver?!?!.. Bisu can't pilot me anymore


No Reaversu or Carriersu :<
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
January 29 2012 19:21 GMT
#273
On January 30 2012 03:12 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 01:19 ffreakk wrote:
Edit2: Holy mother of God im a Reaver?!?!.. Bisu can't pilot me anymore


No Reaversu or Carriersu :<

Now that I am wraith Fantasy will suicide me into a pack of carriers
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 29 2012 19:31 GMT
#274
On January 29 2012 19:57 Snipinpanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 19:46 Xenocide_Knight wrote:
On January 29 2012 06:38 Ribbon wrote:
Because SC2 is much less refined that BW, you can design your own builds and have them work pretty well, and that kind of problem-solving is pretty fun for a lot of people. BW doesn't have that, because it's basically solved. If I want to get good at BW, I need to have Liquipedia open on my other screen and just practice it like I'm studying for a test. SC2 lets me dick around a lot more and kind of do my own thing and still be at a Plat-with-some-diamond level. If I tried to experiment on ICCUP, I'd just get crushed because there aren't any "casual" BW fans anymore. It's a very difficult game to get into.

Well, that's just a matter of skill really. I know/play against several people who easily dominate me with ridiculous builds and just messing around. I'm like D+ with a C- high and they're around B-ish. Also, just look at B.net attack. Off the top of my head, I remember JD had to play a ZvT on Python using only hydras or something. And he pretty much rofl stomped. IIRC, FBH also did some ridiculous things and still won. It's not like they were playing random scrubs either.


I've seen C+ zergs get stomped by B/B+ Protosses going scouts.
By the same token, I've lost many, many, many to objectively "bad" builds, but they were better players, so I lost.
I've also played people that I knew that no matter what I did, they would lose because the difference in skill is so big

BW is "solved" in the sense that yeah, at progamer level that there's definite responses to pretty much everything, but everything below that you can do whatever you want and win as long as you have enough skill (having good mechanics, understanding strategy, not easy at all, but lol).

Yeah, some builds are better vs other builds, but ultimately, if you're the better player you should win.

Nah, there are still lots of things that currently don't have an answer or haven't been explored fully. (ie valk/vult tvz or later game wraith switches ((fanta vs hoejja on MP when he does +1 4rax into 3port wraith))

+ Show Spoiler +
also who beat lum with scouts lol
Moderator。◕‿◕。
ionONE
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany605 Posts
January 29 2012 19:47 GMT
#275
i started with sc2 ... ended up playing broodwar
JANGBI never forget
epoc
Profile Joined December 2010
Finland1190 Posts
January 29 2012 19:52 GMT
#276
I started with sc2 and very soon found brood war. I acknowledge bw is the better game but I watch more sc2 because of english speaking casters like tastosis
ClutchSC
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada34 Posts
January 29 2012 19:53 GMT
#277
First of all, nice job on the OP, I think you highlight some really neat aspects of why a fresh game like SC2 is appealing, and how high level mechanics can allow for playing to the mental aspect of SC2 right from the start, as opposed to the problem of being unable to constantly make SCVs or to do, what BW players would consider to be very simple, menial tasks.

Second of all, I have to address a large majority of the BW community at large. What the fuck is your problem? Yes, BW has a higher skill cap as a game so far. Yes, the rivalries and games are more defined and can be extremely epic. And yes, the user interface of SC2 is very forgiving. But why, oh why do you have to shit all over SC2 constantly. We're all working towards developing eSports, but whenever I peruse through the BW section, all I see is hating on the SC2 scene; this just shouldn't happen. All that this achieves is the total alienation of a massive fanbase that BW players should be trying to appeal to. This is my request to a vast majority of the BW community; GROW THE FUCK UP. Grow up, so we can make eSports even bigger; SC2 has become the flagship of eSports and as much as you don't want to accept that, you have to. Once the BW community does accept that, we can all move forwards. Who knows, if the SC2 community gets into BW enough, there could even be MLG events that include it but this can only take once the BW community learns to drop the elitist attitude.
People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
January 29 2012 19:55 GMT
#278
On January 30 2012 01:59 Disposition1989 wrote:
i'd like to see this thread after sc2 has had 10 years of polish. what was bw like to play when it was 2 years old? (serious question, no sarcasm).

We should keep count for how many times this ridiculous argument comes up in this thread.
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
EnergizerBunny
Profile Joined January 2012
29 Posts
January 29 2012 19:57 GMT
#279
I tried SC2 but its too boring to stay focused in the game there is nothing to do, I just ended up going window mode and doing other shit in the background. Even playing 3v3s on BGH is much more fun than any SC2 game thankfully I never payed for it and just used a friends I'd otherwise I would be asking for my money back.

Everybody should play a little BW.
I deleted SC2 because it sucks
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
January 29 2012 20:14 GMT
#280
On January 30 2012 04:53 ClutchSC wrote:
Second of all, I have to address a large majority of the BW community at large. What the fuck is your problem? Yes, BW has a higher skill cap as a game so far. Yes, the rivalries and games are more defined and can be extremely epic. And yes, the user interface of SC2 is very forgiving. But why, oh why do you have to shit all over SC2 constantly. We're all working towards developing eSports, but whenever I peruse through the BW section, all I see is hating on the SC2 scene; this just shouldn't happen. All that this achieves is the total alienation of a massive fanbase that BW players should be trying to appeal to. This is my request to a vast majority of the BW community; GROW THE FUCK UP. Grow up, so we can make eSports even bigger; SC2 has become the flagship of eSports and as much as you don't want to accept that, you have to. Once the BW community does accept that, we can all move forwards. Who knows, if the SC2 community gets into BW enough, there could even be MLG events that include it but this can only take once the BW community learns to drop the elitist attitude.


Imagine WC4 was released and everybody you knew switched over to the newer game.

Imagine the forum you used to so lovely participate in was flooded by newcomers saying that MVP and all other top SC2 players should switch to WC4 because SC2 is an old game and is not user friendly and is too hard to play.

Imagine all the SC2 foreign tournaments disappearing into thin air. Now the only pro game tournament is GSL, and Gom still has not released any date when the next one will happen, not even guarantees there will be one after the last.

Imagine Day[9] daylies on SC2 were gone, now he's doing WC4 daylies.

Imagine TL now has changed its focus to WC4, and although they still keep good work with SC2, the vast majority of the users only talk about WC4. From TSL 42 on, now no more SC2, but WC4.

Imagine that out of all SC2 teams, half of them disbanded, some focusing on WC4.

And worst of all, imagine that WC4 is so much worse than SC2 in almost every single aspect from your point of view, after playing it and not enjoying almost anything in it.

How would you feel?
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 619
Hyuk 446
Leta 96
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm217
League of Legends
JimRising 720
Other Games
summit1g9526
WinterStarcraft453
Mew2King64
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2250
League of Legends
• Rush1359
• Lourlo1004
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 42m
INu's Battles
6h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 42m
Replay Cast
17h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.