• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:02
CEST 03:02
KST 10:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9479 users

Mystarcraft 1.28.0x - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9828 Posts
July 23 2011 14:48 GMT
#41
On July 22 2011 19:13 MisteR wrote:
Slowly getting the hang of it though. The game still lacks a bit of intuitiveness as BeSt is actually terrible on beltway or empire of the sun being a graveyard for terrans, where IRL BeSt has been rather effective on the terran map and empire of the sun features many PvT games that can go either way.

One could argue that BeSt is only good on those maps in practice because he prepared to snipe a terran. Going to jump back into this lol, know exactly how much I'll regret it next week...
boomer hands
BlueFlames
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1756 Posts
July 23 2011 15:54 GMT
#42
I love this game so much. Spend so much time on the older versions that i am seariously thinking about waiting untill its translated. Would give me more time before the addiction kicks fully in :-)
lizzard_warish
Profile Joined June 2011
589 Posts
July 23 2011 16:49 GMT
#43
Yeah I'm just waiting for the translations, its not even half as fun when you dont know the map your playing on and have to guess your enemy.
lizzard_warish
Profile Joined June 2011
589 Posts
July 28 2011 05:49 GMT
#44
So I take it no one is going to translate this?
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
July 28 2011 19:39 GMT
#45
Looks fun, ill play this eventually..hopefully it'll be translated by then too!
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
yesplz
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States295 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-29 03:39:40
July 28 2011 22:06 GMT
#46
I used to love this game! Played it all the time! So I'm gonna try and translate it! I don't know any korean so I'm just c/p into google translate and TLPD. Probably won't do the battle text but we'll see. Also I can't work on it this weekend and IDK how long this will take so chances are this won't be done for a few days. Wish me luck!
Edit: Ok, that went faster than I thought. Here's the translated version
http://www.mediafire.com/?60puhgteiv57wh2
There were a few things that just made zero sense on several translators that I just left in Korean. I didn't translate battle reports or the fancy item descriptions. Also most translations look like broken english crap but not much I can do about that. Let me know if there's any problems, but I won't be able to fix it til monday most likely.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9828 Posts
July 29 2011 05:05 GMT
#47
Can you upload it to ifile.it or something because I can't get to mediafire in china
boomer hands
NotJumperer
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States1371 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-30 10:45:02
July 30 2011 10:03 GMT
#48
--- Nuked ---
DL_henu
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland10 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-30 20:23:34
July 30 2011 14:15 GMT
#49
On July 29 2011 07:06 yesplz wrote:
I used to love this game! Played it all the time! So I'm gonna try and translate it! I don't know any korean so I'm just c/p into google translate and TLPD. Probably won't do the battle text but we'll see. Also I can't work on it this weekend and IDK how long this will take so chances are this won't be done for a few days. Wish me luck!
Edit: Ok, that went faster than I thought. Here's the translated version
http://www.mediafire.com/?60puhgteiv57wh2
There were a few things that just made zero sense on several translators that I just left in Korean. I didn't translate battle reports or the fancy item descriptions. Also most translations look like broken english crap but not much I can do about that. Let me know if there's any problems, but I won't be able to fix it til monday most likely.



I tried the season mode twice but both times it freezed during first season so I wasn't able to continue. Really annoying bug.

EDIT: Played again with another team and this time it did not freeze. Strange..
HauntYou
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada68 Posts
August 01 2011 07:57 GMT
#50
I took the liberty of starting to translate the newest version (1.28.03) based on the files provided by Jumperer (and his preliminary translation) and also by looking at past versions (the latest 1.27.xx by the previous team and yesplz's 1.28.02) - hope you guys don't mind, it's mostly for my own personal use. If it's okay with everyone I'll make it available upon request.

Somewhere along the line I got bored and started on the battle text and item stuff myself... And boy, there is quite a bit. As an ethnic Korean (but by no means fluent) I also noticed that while Google Translate is pretty useful, it's misleading 99% of the time- something I didn't really realize it until I started to read the Korean myself (after I had roughly gone through 10% or so of the battle text already...). I came to the realization that the "river" that popped up so often in the translation was, naturally, reaver phonetically- not that I can fault Google there, that one just flew over my head. Also there are a lot of ambiguities and slang that I can't iron out since I'm not familiar with the lingo.

Anyway, I'm hoping that a legitimate Korean somewhere will translate the battle text, since it's relatively easy for me to extract and insert. The sheer volume of different ways to describe how a DT is denied by a turret might dissuade them though. On the plus side, it's relatively simple phrases and stuff. Although accuracy is always nice, just having English characters that get to the gist of the situation would do for me and probably plenty of others (Reaver + SCVs = daebak scarab!). Maybe the best way to handle this is to just upload a text file or start a small project page somewhere (like those novel-translation projects) where translators can contribute a translated line or two in their spare time.

I also ran into this really strange game-breaking bug where Zergs would instantly macro a huge army with zero resources after spawning an overlord or something. I fixed it, but it was pretty hilarious having Juni all-kill everyone in Winners and go undefeated... then the next MySL had only zergs qualifying and the novelty wore off. I'll put it up if anyone wants to see Flash get beaten by E level scrubs.
MisteR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands595 Posts
August 01 2011 11:22 GMT
#51
Pretty darn good first post you got there. Also river=reaver, I ran into it myself without understanding

If you put up your updated version, someone else can go and improve on it further, putting up his work, and so on.
Nal_Ra/Much/Horang2/Flying fighting!~
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
August 02 2011 11:01 GMT
#52
hmm? what's the bug hauntyou? I've never had that happen to me before oO
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
wswordsmen
Profile Joined October 2007
United States987 Posts
August 02 2011 14:59 GMT
#53
On July 29 2011 07:06 yesplz wrote:
I used to love this game! Played it all the time! So I'm gonna try and translate it! I don't know any korean so I'm just c/p into google translate and TLPD. Probably won't do the battle text but we'll see. Also I can't work on it this weekend and IDK how long this will take so chances are this won't be done for a few days. Wish me luck!
Edit: Ok, that went faster than I thought. Here's the translated version
http://www.mediafire.com/?60puhgteiv57wh2
There were a few things that just made zero sense on several translators that I just left in Korean. I didn't translate battle reports or the fancy item descriptions. Also most translations look like broken english crap but not much I can do about that. Let me know if there's any problems, but I won't be able to fix it til monday most likely.

If something doesn't make sense try using babble fish or referencing a previous version that has that line of text translated.

Also lines that are Korean character, space, another Korean character, space ext. You need to mess with the spacing before they will make sense (normally it means deleting every second character). Those things are normally the Tops of pages, like the player draft, map pool ext.

One more thing: I am glad someone is translating this even if I can't.
HauntYou
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada68 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-03 16:56:58
August 03 2011 03:34 GMT
#54
@MisteR - Thanks, haha, I guess I'll just put it up and credit it to TL, no one could argue with that, right? I just need to add the map names (which I've put off). For anyone using it, please let me know if there are any in-game issues. As for mistranslations and such, there are plenty of those, including parts where I've replaced Korean with gibberish to test something, so leave 'em for now.

@LucasWoJ - Oh, it was a self-created bug I came across by replacing some legitimate game data by accident, sorry I didn't clarify.

@wswordsmen - Thanks, your experience and tips have been invaluable in saving myself (and probably the other translators as well) plenty of time!

I extracted all the Korean in-game battle text which came up to around 900 lines, 30 pages (due to formatting) but only around 3,600 words (i.e 7 total pages). A hefty amount but not insurmountable by any means.

EDIT:

Here it is- http://www.mediafire.com/?92t2iy3dnbaxn2h *UPDATED*

Also setting up a temporary wiki to host the Korean text~

EDIT #2:

Forgot to mention, I also replaced the images with translated versions. If you want to revert this, go into the img folder then delete the translated picture and rename the original without the .bak.

EDIT #3:

Updated download link to newest version.

Korean battle-text at mystarcraft.wikispaces.com
jlim
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain943 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 05:30:28
August 05 2011 04:23 GMT
#55
anyone been playing 1.28.03 ? because i find it absurdly harder than the previous version (1.28.02). in .02 i managed to win every single proleague with ACE without using a single item, while in .03 i'm having a very hard time mantaining a +50% win ratio with any team, using all means at my disposal. i have to constantly witness rookies taking down my best players who are favored in the matchup. snipes hardly work. good players going into +10 loss strike. miracle comebacks no longer. is it just me? did i get terrible all of sudden?

p.s. i'm playing the korean version, dl'd from ygosu
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
August 05 2011 05:09 GMT
#56
I tried a slightly older (and english version lol) of this. It was pretty neat, but wow I cant get Flash to win anything!
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
HauntYou
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada68 Posts
August 05 2011 14:25 GMT
#57
Another update,

Mystarcraft 1.28.03v1.2

and for those of you who can't use mediafire,

Mystarcraft 1.28.03v1.2

Change log:
[from 1.1 to 1.2]
+ Show Spoiler +
- Huge additions to translated battle-text
(The matchup you'll probably notice the most is PvX, there is a bit of ZvZ and ZvT in there, but TvT is pretty much non-existent at this point)

The next version will probably finalize all cosmetic interface-related translations in addition to item descriptions (although, they really don't provide anything of value, so I'm wondering if I should just either liberally apply translations or maybe substitute some with my own made-up ones). So, the only thing left should be battle-text, which will only probably be given a minor update. Afterwards, there most likely won't be any new versions for a while as I slowly dig through the battle-text, at least not until I have a substantial amount translated that warrants one.

Should Kaiknight come out with a newer version in the meantime, I probably won't be as eager to port over my translation immediately because I neglected to compile a library of the translated terms. Luckily, I'm starting to do that for the battle text though, and since the interface isn't as time-consuming I'll probably get around to it sooner or later.

I forgot to include this in my previous post:
[from 1.0 to 1.1]
+ Show Spoiler +
- Completed most of interface
- Fixed some minor spelling and grammatical errors
- Renamed/reworded things more appropriately
- Fixed most cut-offs and text-length issues
- Translated most item names, started some descriptions
- Started battle-text
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
August 05 2011 15:24 GMT
#58
it's so much cooler with the battle translations in. Thanks!
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
August 05 2011 15:55 GMT
#59
On July 22 2011 10:17 esc0bar wrote:
Is there such a thing like MyStarcraft for starcraft 2?

Don't mean to hijack, just didnt feel like it was "new thread" worthy.

Thanks

no

If there was a player name translation this would be quite fun again though, esp with the new bo7 format and such
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
August 05 2011 16:21 GMT
#60
The one linked by HauntYou has as much English as the old one did, plus about a quarter of the battle text.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings80
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 173
ProTech46
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1045
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 16
Dewaltoss 5
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm213
League of Legends
Doublelift7082
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g10799
C9.Mang0330
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1167
BasetradeTV158
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP131
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 58m
Replay Cast
21h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.