• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:01
CEST 13:01
KST 20:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8642 users

[FPL] R4 Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 27 Next All
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
April 07 2010 09:36 GMT
#101
The new rules for R4 ruined FPL. Playing FPL no longer requires strategic planning since you're barely given any material to work with.

New strategy: hope to god the team plays your selection of players that are worth less than 5 points
( ・´ー・`)
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 07 2010 09:37 GMT
#102
On April 07 2010 18:11 H wrote:
If PL no longer has a race restriction, is FPL retaining its race restriction?

Yes.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
ThunderGod
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
New Zealand897 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 10:53:10
April 07 2010 10:52 GMT
#103
On April 07 2010 18:11 H wrote:
PL no longer has a race restriction.

Wow... just wow.
"Certain forms of popular music nowadays, namely rap and hip hop styles, are just irritating gangsters bragging about their illegal exploits and short-sighted lifestyles." - Shiverfish ~2009
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 11:22:20
April 07 2010 11:21 GMT
#104
On April 07 2010 19:52 ThunderGod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2010 18:11 H wrote:
PL no longer has a race restriction.

Wow... just wow.

What's so wow about this? I mean its different, but its not super shocking or earth shattering at all.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
soudo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
603 Posts
April 07 2010 11:26 GMT
#105
Can we get a price-check on Bisu now?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 07 2010 11:47 GMT
#106
Since they aren't putting out lineups, we'll wait until after W1 to add Bisu to the roster list.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
JodoYodo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1772 Posts
April 07 2010 13:07 GMT
#107
Posted this in the other thread but it seems to have been lost in the insanity:

Hey, would it be possible in the future to implement trading so that it can be done in batches, rather than one by one?

For example, say I have two players each worth 5 points. I'd like to trade them for a player worth 9 points and a player worth 0 points. Supposedly I should be able to do this since 5 + 5 > 9 + 0, but the way the system is, it isn't possible.
Dance dance dance 'till we run this town!
doubleupgradeobbies!
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia1354 Posts
April 07 2010 13:15 GMT
#108
awww no more bisu for captain

This puts a downer on my entire season.
MSL, 2003-2011, RIP. OSL, 2000-2012, RIP. Proleague, 2003-2012, RIP. And then there was none... Even good things must come to an end.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
April 07 2010 13:22 GMT
#109
On April 07 2010 16:46 Scorch wrote:
By the way, what's the reason for going back to the old scoring system? I thoroughly enjoyed the format of last proleague season, where losing would actually score negative points...
This format made it important to not select players who get sent out a lot and may score a fluke win here and there, but who actually win a good portion of their games. It also made anti-teams much more interesting because you could gamble and choose players who play and lose to get additional points, instead of just praying they don't get to play.


I didn't follow the entire discussion, but it came down to a couple things:

-> A majority of people polled liked the old system better (me included).
-> The new system rewarded "bad" players who serve as snipers and thus get winning records over "good" players who have a bad round (Modesty going 3-1 would score better than Kwanro going 4-6, for example, 10 points to 4).
-> The "new" system gives ace players a much much higher value and makes other strategies essentially non-viable.

Of course the old one has its problems too but they seem to be relatively smaller and the glaring flaw (ace loss mattering less than a normal loss) has been fixed by adding the -1 penalty for the ace loss.

That's my point of view, at least.

I'm really going to have to look hard at this new PL system. The ace players will keep doing well, but I'm not sure where the balance will shift to. I think this will really demonstrate who the more "solid" players are, but with map balance being so key to PL over the last few years this may actually produce *more* snipers, which would be good.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
April 07 2010 13:51 GMT
#110
Where can I see the schedules of R4? I guess they're around somewhere but cant spot them...
If you have to ask, you don't know.
skronch
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2717 Posts
April 07 2010 16:21 GMT
#111
On April 07 2010 15:36 hipaul wrote:
Sorry I wish I can do full translation but don't have the time right now...

Hot_Bid,
Entries will be revealed live. Teams no longer have to submit entries prior. It'll be kind of like Winner's League but for every set. A player can only be sent out again during ACE match.

For example:
Samsung vs KT
*Match starts

1 set: Samsung sends out jangbi and kt sends out stats.
jangbi > stats. 1-0

*For second set, samsung decides to send out odin and kt flash... and so on...


that's awesome, i'm actually really glad they're doing this
psychopat
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada417 Posts
April 07 2010 17:21 GMT
#112
Wow. If teams are no longer required to send out 1 of each race, I have to completely rethink my team... I was proud of my selections, too. Guess I can replace my Hiya with Sea, since they're the same price, Sea's better and now I don't have to worry about Light taking the lineup appearance away from Sea; they'll always both be sent.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
April 07 2010 17:37 GMT
#113
I found this round a little tricky to think about, mostly because of the "intangibles". For instance: which record really bears more weight: WL or regular PL? Normally I'd say regular PL (although WL last year slumped KHAN for the rest of the season), but with PL going back to at-the-time player choice, isn't that a more WL feel? So I thought maybe what I should really look for is the solid players. You know, Flash but actually affordable. By "affordable", what I was thinking was if I can get enough good-not-great players, it will balance out ahead of the great-player-and-scrubs teams, even if I don't catch the great-players-and-lucky-scrub-choice teams.

Gratuitous Justice

Main Team
1 (T)DarkElf - I did a little analysis: DarkElf, for his current cost, is actually the most productive player in FPL! - of course he's priced at 1 point, so that's not saying much, but I needed a one-pointer and this seemed like an omen of good luck

3 (T)Firebathero - Despite my wanting solid players, I'm playing a hunch on this one. FBH has been slowly improving over the year, went 9-8 in Winners League, and let's face it, I'm a KHAN slappy.

5 (P)Free - I think Kal is really the most solid of the dragons, but he's currently too expensive for my taste, and free is, imo, in the next-best form of any Protoss at the moment. His 6-6 WL record isn't great, but when playing one game at a time he's nice and solid. He also doesn't do gimmicky stuff: you know what you're getting from him. So I needed a Protoss, and free fit the bill.

6 (T)Really (captain) - Really is probably the most solid macro Terran out there right now apart from Flash, even if he does fall apart occasionally (hi Daezang). Light played very well in WL of course, but is also now 8 points(!) which was out of my range - and he's streaky. His regular PL round scores were around 0.500, I don't want that. Sea is another option, but I don't know how reliable he is overall. Also Really's back below on his career record, so he's due to start winning. It's like Luxury chaos theory but more predictable.

5 (Z)Roro - RorO's not a good player, but he consistently puts up a certain number of wins, and his ZvT when it's on is absolutely devastating. With Terran rounding back to the fore, I anticipate an excellent round for RorO - and if not, he'll still get 5 or 6 wins and that's worth it. With RorO, BaBy, Mind backed by Pure, Shine, and whoever else WeMade has, I think they'll do well overall, so I'm also anticipating some team win points here.

7 (Z)Zero - ZerO is sort of the exception to my solid player rule. His style sometimes looks really seat-of-the-pants, but he does consistently produce and, although he's splitting ace time with free, he's the younger player and at this point probably the better one.

3 Woongjin Stars - I don't know. I didn't put much thought into this one, but if I've already jumped for free and Zero, why not the team as well?

Anti Team

I really didn't like picking an anti-team this time around. I'm still reconsidering some of these, but here's what I have currently:

3 (P)Jaehoon - Jaehoon sucks. End of story. I'm lucky he picked up a few wins in WL so he's now overpriced. My only worry is if MBC keeps owning people I'm going to end up with like 10 team points counting against me.
2 (Z)Juni - Juni sucks. Even if he all-killed ACE. That was seriously the most flukey thing that's ever happened in pro BW, up to and including idra's CC.
8 (T)Light - This one's a little bit out there, I admit. It's not like Light is suddenly going to start playing terribly. On the other hand, he takes up a chunk of my AT cost and can't possibly get 27 wins again; I think I'm willing to eat the 6 or 7 I'm predicting for him. I really would like to figure out a better way to do this though.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
Yamoth
Profile Joined February 2009
United States315 Posts
April 07 2010 18:03 GMT
#114
On April 07 2010 20:47 Hot_Bid wrote:
Since they aren't putting out lineups, we'll wait until after W1 to add Bisu to the roster list.


I always choose Bisu for pretty much every FPL. This going to be strange for me...
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
April 07 2010 19:00 GMT
#115
Rghh. Seems like this round will now be more luck-based (like WL) than I was hoping.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
April 07 2010 19:32 GMT
#116
Im doing my all KT team - with casy

Gonna be hillarious if he gives me any points.
In the woods, there lurks..
Too_MuchZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Finland2818 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 19:35:30
April 07 2010 19:34 GMT
#117
moved to signup thread
years
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Costa Rica216 Posts
April 07 2010 19:56 GMT
#118
My team is:

(P)BeSt
(T)BaBy
(P)Stork (Captain)
(T)Hwasin
(Z)Killer
(P)free

SKT1

Anti-team:

(P)Jaehoon
(Z)HoeJJa
(Z)EffOrt

Hwasin is pure fanboyism and i'd be missing bisu.
I hope Jaehoon dosnt pull a Firebathero this season.
"Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!" Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 07 2010 20:06 GMT
#119
On April 07 2010 18:36 prototype. wrote:
The new rules for R4 ruined FPL. Playing FPL no longer requires strategic planning since you're barely given any material to work with.

New strategy: hope to god the team plays your selection of players that are worth less than 5 points


The thrill of FPL lies in uncertainty. If every single lineup was determined at the very beginning, one could easily calculate who will have the most wins, and the best time to trade each player. Although that takes more preparation, it takes all the fun out of FPL. When all we can do is hope, we have a lot more fun.
JadeFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1225 Posts
April 07 2010 20:20 GMT
#120
Hmmmm, I can tell you there is NO WAY I am getting +112 trade gain again.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV64
Rex38
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko224
ProTech144
Rex 38
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 648
Soma 584
Jaedong 553
Hyuk 463
Soulkey 390
Horang2 367
BeSt 301
910 227
Light 205
Stork 197
[ Show more ]
Mini 177
EffOrt 168
Snow 165
Britney 137
Larva 121
Pusan 116
Last 113
ZerO 113
ggaemo 78
Rush 63
Mind 58
Shinee 46
Killer 45
Creator 41
Mong 37
Yoon 36
Bale 25
hero 22
Sharp 19
Noble 14
yabsab 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6542
XcaliburYe168
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1398
pashabiceps893
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2610
Khaldor819
Other Games
gofns39505
singsing1466
XBOCT290
Pyrionflax257
DeMusliM185
Mew2King93
B2W.Neo59
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1410
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 59m
The PondCast
22h 59m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.