• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:21
CEST 03:21
KST 10:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8416 users

[FPL] R4 Discussion - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 27 Next All
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 13 2010 23:56 GMT
#261
On April 14 2010 07:45 lone_hydra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2010 04:22 Itachii wrote:
Well i swapped Bogus with Stats in last moment, would be whole diferrent story now if i haven't done that...

Also, i am so getting rid of KT, talk about wasted 6 pts heh

[image loading]



Curious, but why would you put Stats as captain? You are gonna come in last in almost every tie breaker.



I assume it's similar to the reason that I placed Soulkey as my captain. Greater trade flexibility. If high or medium priced players start doing poorly, I want to be able to trade them away and pick up streaking players or players with a favourable schedule. However, I'm rarely if ever going to waste one of my trades on a low priced player.

Then again, maybe he's just a monster Stats fan
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-14 00:35:32
April 14 2010 00:35 GMT
#262
On April 14 2010 08:56 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2010 07:45 lone_hydra wrote:
On April 14 2010 04:22 Itachii wrote:
Well i swapped Bogus with Stats in last moment, would be whole diferrent story now if i haven't done that...

Also, i am so getting rid of KT, talk about wasted 6 pts heh

[image loading]



Curious, but why would you put Stats as captain? You are gonna come in last in almost every tie breaker.



I assume it's similar to the reason that I placed Soulkey as my captain. Greater trade flexibility. If high or medium priced players start doing poorly, I want to be able to trade them away and pick up streaking players or players with a favourable schedule. However, I'm rarely if ever going to waste one of my trades on a low priced player.

Then again, maybe he's just a monster Stats fan

That's the same way I thought, keep the good ones untied to your team so you can either trade them away when they get really overvalued or start slumping.
khaydarin9
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia423 Posts
April 14 2010 06:40 GMT
#263
On April 14 2010 09:35 hifriend wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2010 08:56 Radfield wrote:
On April 14 2010 07:45 lone_hydra wrote:
On April 14 2010 04:22 Itachii wrote:
Well i swapped Bogus with Stats in last moment, would be whole diferrent story now if i haven't done that...

Also, i am so getting rid of KT, talk about wasted 6 pts heh

[image loading]



Curious, but why would you put Stats as captain? You are gonna come in last in almost every tie breaker.



I assume it's similar to the reason that I placed Soulkey as my captain. Greater trade flexibility. If high or medium priced players start doing poorly, I want to be able to trade them away and pick up streaking players or players with a favourable schedule. However, I'm rarely if ever going to waste one of my trades on a low priced player.

Then again, maybe he's just a monster Stats fan

That's the same way I thought, keep the good ones untied to your team so you can either trade them away when they get really overvalued or start slumping.


Just be glad you didn't end up with type-b as your captain. I keep telling myself that it gives me exactly that - greater flexibility when it comes to trading - but truth be told, I just fucked up in my fantasy picks :/
Be safe, Woo Jung Ho <3
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 14 2010 06:47 GMT
#264
On April 14 2010 08:56 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2010 07:45 lone_hydra wrote:
On April 14 2010 04:22 Itachii wrote:
Well i swapped Bogus with Stats in last moment, would be whole diferrent story now if i haven't done that...

Also, i am so getting rid of KT, talk about wasted 6 pts heh

[image loading]



Curious, but why would you put Stats as captain? You are gonna come in last in almost every tie breaker.



I assume it's similar to the reason that I placed Soulkey as my captain. Greater trade flexibility. If high or medium priced players start doing poorly, I want to be able to trade them away and pick up streaking players or players with a favourable schedule. However, I'm rarely if ever going to waste one of my trades on a low priced player.

Then again, maybe he's just a monster Stats fan


I think the exact opposite. I always put my most expensive guy as my captain, in this case Stork. If Stork does poorly, I won't trade him for someone else because there is a good chance that it's due to bad luck or poor matchups, and if not, there's also a good chance they will pick up their game again. If one of my low cost players do super well, I like to trade them off right away, because I prefer under-performing high players over over-performing low players. A good example would be last Proleague where DejaVu119 traded Shine for Stork and got +36 out of it.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
April 14 2010 06:48 GMT
#265
Just don't pull an ITW where you tie for first but lose cause your captain was a 2 pointer who didn't get many points.
God Bless
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
April 14 2010 06:54 GMT
#266
It also depends on the overall makeup of your team. I went with Soulkey captain/trade flexibility because I have three 6-pointers on my team, who are all valued decently and have all been inconsistent at some point or another, so it makes sense to be able to trade them all if need be. If you have a power player team with one of the big names then it makes more sense to make that player your captain, imo.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
April 14 2010 07:00 GMT
#267
On April 14 2010 15:54 Kyuukyuu wrote:
It also depends on the overall makeup of your team. I went with Soulkey captain/trade flexibility because I have three 6-pointers on my team, who are all valued decently and have all been inconsistent at some point or another, so it makes sense to be able to trade them all if need be. If you have a power player team with one of the big names then it makes more sense to make that player your captain, imo.

I'd agree with this generally, but it has come back to haunt people in the past. I do think if you hog someone like Flash, you might as well make him captain cause chances are you're not gonna trade him away. But if you're planning on winning through trading off medium pointers, I think you want a low pointer as your captain for flexibility.

On a side note, playing to lose is pretty hard too. There's a lot of strategy involved as well.

God Bless
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
April 14 2010 07:04 GMT
#268
top 20 aww yeah.
Commentator
TacToSs
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia330 Posts
April 14 2010 07:06 GMT
#269
I wanted to trade tempest but there's only KT and ACE players to choose from so ]=
Jaedong <3
Lann555
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands5173 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-14 09:25:26
April 14 2010 09:24 GMT
#270
Top 3 now. Pretty much everything falling in my favor so far, except Fantasy =[

Also wish I had known that you cannot trade your captain lol
Fantasy Fan! Gogogo vultures
snowdrift
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France2061 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-14 10:59:10
April 14 2010 10:57 GMT
#271
Top ten! And I think I'll keep Bisu on my anti. Bisu <3

Is the trade tax applied to every single trade during the trading period, or just once?
NaDa. Our Lord and sAviOr shall return. Learn to nydus you scrub
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
April 14 2010 11:08 GMT
#272
On April 14 2010 19:57 snowdrift86 wrote:
Top ten! And I think I'll keep Bisu on my anti. Bisu <3

Is the trade tax applied to every single trade during the trading period, or just once?

-1 per trade, that means up to -3 per week if you use them all.
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
April 15 2010 00:39 GMT
#273
im so split whether or not i should put effort on my anti
he sucks sooo bad but one of these day's he'll just start kicking ass again
cw)minsean(ru
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 15 2010 00:51 GMT
#274
It's difficult to decide if/who to trade without knowing which teams are facing off this week and which teams only play once. Unfortunately the Kespa site comes up with malware warnings and the games haven't been posted on the calender yet. Is there another site that has the upcoming schedule?
BachHo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States170 Posts
April 15 2010 02:53 GMT
#275
If you google fomos, hit the translate button and then look for "View the entire schedule of April". Should be above a calendar. You should see the games on there.
RainmanMP
Profile Joined October 2007
United States1699 Posts
April 15 2010 03:05 GMT
#276
Man it sucks doing this without knowing who plays who.
이영호 FIGHTING! Die Hard KT Rolster and Flash fan.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
April 15 2010 06:25 GMT
#277
On April 14 2010 15:48 Roffles wrote:
Just don't pull an ITW where you tie for first but lose cause your captain was a 2 pointer who didn't get many points.


Moderator<:3-/-<
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
April 15 2010 23:34 GMT
#278
Anyone knows who plays who next week? (not players, just teams). Need to make my trades!
Moderator<:3-/-<
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-15 23:51:09
April 15 2010 23:49 GMT
#279
As far as I can tell:

Sat CJ-STX
Wemade-eSTRO

Sun Samsung-MBC
Hite-SKTelecom

Mon Air Force-Hwaseung Oz
KT-Woongjin

Tue STX-eSTRO
CJ-Wemade

Wed Hite-Samsung
SKTelecom-MBC

don't hold me to that though, the fomos translation page was difficult to decipher
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-16 00:04:46
April 15 2010 23:53 GMT
#280
Should be a good week to keep effort on my anti-team He'll likely draw a terran vs Wemade, and either a zerg, terran or Kal vs STX. Hopefully that makes for a 2 loss effort week.

I'm having difficulty deciding whether to keep Stork or swap him for Kal. I feel like Kal is the stronger player right now, but that Stork might actually rack up more points due to his likelihood of playing more ace games than Kal. Both because Kal will likely split time at ace with Calm (and apparently Shuttle) and because STX has a good chance of ending most of its matches at 3-0 or 3-1.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 28
Nina 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12230
Rain 2158
Artosis 541
White-Ra 191
Dewaltoss 2
Dota 2
monkeys_forever621
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift4327
Counter-Strike
taco 204
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1687
ArmadaUGS441
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1181
WinterStarcraft425
Other Games
summit1g8819
Day[9].tv694
shahzam643
JimRising 588
Maynarde155
ViBE149
C9.Mang0144
PiGStarcraft61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra988
• Day9tv694
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 39m
OSC
11h 39m
Stellar Fest
11h 39m
OSC
22h 39m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.