• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:27
CEST 03:27
KST 10:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7988 users

BOXER

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-08-17 15:56:39
August 17 2006 08:04 GMT
#1
The threads in the BW section say it all, the time has come. The real world has come barging into this virtual world of StarCraft and plucked the biggest and brightest star. In the back of our minds we all knew the day would come, but as the years rolled by and we clung to the faint hope that the inevitable could be put off forever.

Boxer announced at the MSL group draws that he had recieved his draft letter from the government, and would be entering the air force by the end of the year. This makes the MSL the final major tournament for Boxer. Although he may return after his two years of service, a realistic perspective is needed. I don't doubt he will return, but I do doubt it will be as a player.

Boxer is not only the best gamer, he is one of the oldest. He has played professionally since 1.07, and has managed to stay competitive by constantly changing his style. His influence is so great that when Boxer changes his own style, the entire game is changed. He is the all-time leader in games played and wins. He is a two time OSL champion, MSL champion, two time WCG champion, and leader of the SK Telecom team. His eye for talent is unparalleled, as he drew Iloveoov from the amateur ranks. His Team has been untouchable in ProLeague play under his guidance.



[image loading]


Boxer and his team at their headquarters.


Boxer is not just a gamer, he is the premier figure in this sport. He has pioneered not only the game, but the industry as well. He was the first to attract the giant contracts, and the corporate sponsors. He has played StarCraft with blind boys and Prime Ministers. He has entered the mainstream of Korean culture and brought StarCraft along for the ride. Always the consumate professional, I can think of no better ambassador for the e-sports industry.


[image loading]

Boxer's only equal.


For years I have always anticipated his games, staying up all night for the chance to watch him play live. I have marvelled at his ingenuity and suffered in his defeats. I wish him nothing but the best in the sevice of his country and hope to see him back in the future.

[image loading]

Boxer will always be number one.



All Hail the Emperor.
ModeratorGodfather
RseniC
Profile Joined August 2006
United States19 Posts
August 17 2006 08:13 GMT
#2
ill never forget boxer, his were the first games i ever saw of a progamer, and it made me switch entirely from fast map / bgh to regular maps. boxer's legend will never die in the bw world.
No knowledge ever goes to waste.
mYm.Alpine
Profile Joined April 2006
United States465 Posts
August 17 2006 08:17 GMT
#3
This is a sad sad day.....Go out with a huge bang in the MSL !
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
August 17 2006 08:17 GMT
#4
Hail Boxer.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
August 17 2006 08:18 GMT
#5
I've spent hundreds of hours watching is awesome games. I bought the DVD set. Damn, I even have the t-shirt. I'll miss yohwan. There'll always be something missing, not just to the BW world, but to pro-gaming in general.

It's cool that he was able to stave off the mandatory military service for so long.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
PanoRaMa
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States5070 Posts
August 17 2006 08:20 GMT
#6
Great writeup, Mani. Thank you.
ScoutWBF
Profile Joined April 2005
Germany641 Posts
August 17 2006 08:21 GMT
#7
I hope we see boxer comeback in Starcraft 2.Hail boxer!
bburn
Profile Joined September 2004
United States1039 Posts
August 17 2006 08:21 GMT
#8
<3
banana[AfO]
mR.Sephiroth
Profile Joined April 2005
Germany296 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-08-17 08:26:07
August 17 2006 08:22 GMT
#9
HE is the biggest
also his head on the third pic
to miss the mark
Profile Joined November 2005
Bosnia-Herzegovina1381 Posts
August 17 2006 08:24 GMT
#10
You know your big when your used to describe an action.

"Wow, that was very Boxer-esque. That takes alot of talent."
Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will.
mhousser
Profile Joined June 2006
Canada10 Posts
August 17 2006 08:24 GMT
#11
(Reader for years, first time poster. Felt like this deserved a post.)

Boxer is the only reason I still play starcraft. The limited single player / 3v3 games pretty much did it for me back in the day, and without having heard of boxer many years ago, I would not have had further interest in the game. I'm not even a Terran player, but not a Boxer game goes by where I don't 100% cheer for him. Every single loss of his upsets me; I'm the kind of person that refuses to admit that Boxer isn't the best any more, I'm stuck thinking that he's just in a bit of a lull right now.

Boxer = Starcraft, he is synonymous with Starcraft progaming. No matter how hard I try, I cannot cheer for another player like I do for Boxer.

Here's to hoping he returns to BW, in whatever capacity!

Matthew
pooper-scooper
Profile Joined May 2003
United States3108 Posts
August 17 2006 08:27 GMT
#12
He will be missed, I am sorry to hear this.

However, I would like to hear him commentate, I think he will do well. Though he may be better at managing, we shall see.
Good...Bad... Im the guy with the gun
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
August 17 2006 08:36 GMT
#13
all hail the Emperor, may his reign be as grand as the size of his head

god i love boxer
Moderatorsloppy little slug
SixSongs
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Poland1455 Posts
August 17 2006 08:37 GMT
#14
Man. I'll miss him although I hate terran.
The Prince of DroneS
Asian Fever
Profile Joined October 2004
France269 Posts
August 17 2006 08:37 GMT
#15
boxer is starcraft
Ryde Or Die
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
August 17 2006 08:38 GMT
#16
TL.net should organise some sort of fairwell gift or banner that could be presented to him live on his last match or something. Just to show him that fans outside of korea also cares for him.
Rillanon.au
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 17 2006 08:44 GMT
#17
On August 17 2006 17:37 Asian Fever wrote:
boxer is starcraft


no boxer is korean
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
August 17 2006 08:45 GMT
#18
[image loading]
Moderator<:3-/-<
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
August 17 2006 08:51 GMT
#19


Let's hope he wins that MSL

All Hail the Emperor
Terran & Potato Salad.
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-08-17 08:55:23
August 17 2006 08:52 GMT
#20
This is a sad sad day.

I remember buying brood war (I usually played SC orignal for the first two years) only to be able to see this famous "SlayerS_`BoxeR`". As soon as I got the brood war cd I dl:ed Tillermans boxer collection of replays and I was friggin amazed. He was also the one I based my play on from the beginning, hence his mainrace was terran, which was mine too, I always copied his builds and tried to play like him. I could micro my 2 tanks and my dropship on a cliff against a protoss exp for minutes and then realize I had 1k minerals and no expo going back at my main, thinking "SHIT how does he do it?!"

First VOD I ever saw was a BoxeR vod
First BW replay I ever saw was a BoxeR replay
First TvP BO I ever used was a BoxeR BO
Frist TvT BO I ever used was a BoxeR BO
First TvZ BO I ever used was a BoxeR BO
etc....

Hail SlayerS_`BoxeR`, The emperor!
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings107
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
ProTech118
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 369
Bale 13
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm250
League of Legends
Doublelift6378
JimRising 732
Counter-Strike
minikerr27
Other Games
summit1g11716
C9.Mang0327
PiLiPiLi4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1119
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP147
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 34m
Replay Cast
21h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.