• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:56
CEST 07:56
KST 14:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8076 users

BOXER - Page 2

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
August 17 2006 09:02 GMT
#21
Wow, just... omg
he has a tough group too... going up against Ra, Silver and Pusan...

The golden mouse has eluded the emperor.. this truely is a sad day....

Ive never really been a boxer fan, not untill he beat pusan in SO1 (omg i was so heartbroken)... since then ive been on the boxer bandwagon... he will be sorely missed
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
August 17 2006 09:07 GMT
#22
Sad , we'll miss boxer very much
Teamliquidian townie
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
August 17 2006 09:12 GMT
#23
IM YO HWAN FIGHTING

HE created my interest in progaming. HE created my interest in Terran. HE is iconic towards the game and even progaming itself. HE is Starcraft.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
oshibori_probe
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States2937 Posts
August 17 2006 09:15 GMT
#24
I was about 10 when I learned about pro gaming. Boxer was the first pro I ever heard of. He inspired me to be a pro gamer, today that is still my aspiration in life, to go pro. But now with his carrer coming to a close, poker looks alot more lucritive.

Lim yo whan
#1 in our hearts
<3
Fuck KeSPA.
Tycho
Profile Joined April 2003
Netherlands351 Posts
August 17 2006 09:21 GMT
#25
Boxer # 1

Silly Korean Law =/
Just enjoy!
KoveN-
Profile Joined October 2004
Australia504 Posts
August 17 2006 09:24 GMT
#26
Boxer was the reason I kept playing starcraft all these years, he invented so many things all progamers/regular players use today.

I have 2 years to learn Korean before boxer becomes a commentator. Should be easy right?
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
August 17 2006 09:25 GMT
#27
On August 17 2006 18:12 EvilTeletubby wrote:
IM YO HWAN FIGHTING

HE created my interest in progaming. HE created my interest in Terran. HE is iconic towards the game and even progaming itself. HE is Starcraft.



HOLY i want my first pro sc game that i watch to be of boxer now. It might be my last
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
August 17 2006 09:31 GMT
#28
On August 17 2006 17:22 mR.Sephiroth wrote:
HE is the biggest
also his head on the third pic


Yes, Holy Shit.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
OverTheUnder
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2929 Posts
August 17 2006 09:32 GMT
#29
Emperor forever!!!~
Honor would be taking it up the ass and curing all diseases, damn how stupid can people get. -baal http://puertoricanbw.ytmnd.com/
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
August 17 2006 09:43 GMT
#30
T_T
Do your best, God will do the rest.
StarN
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2587 Posts
August 17 2006 09:44 GMT
#31
BoxeR sux lololol














flame warz commence!!!










j/k i totally respect his play.
Retired BW Noob
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
August 17 2006 09:48 GMT
#32
If anyone is going to post that they dislike boxer, or even hate him... I humbly ask that you don't post anything like that....

I mean first of all I don't see how you could ever hate boxer.... He created the path for every single progamer that will ever come forth. I don't know how anyone could hate this man.

A while ago I said I would quit following starcraft progaming once boxer retired and I think I'm gonna keep to my word. Before I loved starcraft, I loved to watch Boxer play and I feel like I am one of the many people who believe Boxer is not only a great player but a great man in life. Some say he will be old and grow and have nothing to fall back on because he wasted his life in gaming, but I disagree. I feel like Boxer is such a deep person, his concentration is unparalleled that he can succeed in anything he wishes to do.

I'm so glad I got to watch him play live, get his autograph, and SPEAK to the man after following him for so many years.

Thank you for everything Boxer.
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
August 17 2006 09:49 GMT
#33
I remeber seeing Slayers_`BoxeR` vs Yell0w on Blade Storm. 9vs6 Aclock I belive. Boxer did a failed SCV rush and then just outplayed(Micro) Yell0w to death. I was like "omfg". Greatest gamer ever.
[jOyO]
Profile Joined July 2006
United States920 Posts
August 17 2006 09:59 GMT
#34
boxer boxer hes our man if boxer cant own every t/z/p he plays no one can.
You must notta heard me PARTNA!
Jetamania
Profile Joined August 2006
Korea (South)78 Posts
August 17 2006 10:07 GMT
#35
Nooo! Boxer was the only liquibet I never thought twice about... I've never voted against him, and he have always been my favourite players since I started playing starcraft. I just hope he will come back to the game some day. I'd really love to see him as a commentator together with Garimto, that would be awsome.
감자돌이 - I like potatoes
mahc
Profile Joined November 2004
United States874 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-08-17 10:15:47
August 17 2006 10:15 GMT
#36
man this guy the maradona of star. he will surely be remembered. he has so much influence on everyone..

he is the father of starcraft

good bye boxer, and thank you
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
August 17 2006 10:44 GMT
#37
Everyone that has ever played Terran at a high level has done so because or thanks to Boxer.

But he is more than that. He is probably the first progamer you ever hear of...the first inspiration, no matter what your race - a legend that transcends race and age. No one else comes close. So sad that he has to go now T_T

He will be missed.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
MaZza[KIS]
Profile Joined December 2005
Australia2110 Posts
August 17 2006 10:53 GMT
#38
I think the reason that the terran players do so well is because they had boxer as their innovator (and teacher). Besides maybe rA (protoss) I can't think of anyone else that came EVEN close to the same level of innovation... and I don't mean that JUST in terms of B.O. but map use and timing!

The star sense is strong with Boxer.
I really wanted a bigger opponent, like Nate Marquardt, or King Neptune, or Zeus, or Zeus and Fedor, or Fedor on Zeus's shoulders, and they can both punch but only Zeus can kick.
Vo-
Profile Joined November 2004
United States435 Posts
August 17 2006 10:57 GMT
#39
Good Luck, Have Fun


TreK
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden2089 Posts
August 17 2006 11:05 GMT
#40
aww too bad much love to boxer
Bergkamp ftw!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 549
Larva 466
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 737
Other Games
summit1g8596
WinterStarcraft495
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick875
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2301
League of Legends
• Rush1347
• Lourlo1114
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 4m
INu's Battles
6h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 4m
Replay Cast
17h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.