• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:59
CEST 23:59
KST 06:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6076 users

Map (4)Kyanite Prospect 1v1

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 17:05:05
May 12 2013 16:11 GMT
#1
(4)Kyanite Prospect

What is Kyanite?
[image loading]

Overview

[image loading]

Download (4)Kyanite Prospect from this page

Changelog
12th May 2013
Version 0.1 Kyanite Prospect

14th May 2013
Version 1.0 Kyanite Prospect
-Significant tweaks at the naturals
-Full decoration polish
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
May 12 2013 16:40 GMT
#2
Not such an easy to take third anymore now is it? :D
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
May 12 2013 17:51 GMT
#3
neutral cc in the middle please :D
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
May 12 2013 18:46 GMT
#4
On May 13 2013 02:51 FlaShFTW wrote:
neutral cc in the middle please :D

It should be standard for all maps to have a neutral cc in the center
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
May 12 2013 18:47 GMT
#5
I instantly think about Kiante.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
TehRei
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden261 Posts
May 12 2013 18:56 GMT
#6
On May 13 2013 03:47 digmouse wrote:
I instantly think about Kiante.


Same here... glad I'm not the only one :p

Slightly more on topic: dear god, looks like mutas would wreak havoc on the natural! I really like the layout of the thirds though, looks very interesting. Not impossible to take, but not too easy either...
I'm absolutely swamped with work and school stuff, but I'll try to test this map out if I can find the time. It definitely deserves to be played
sheaRZerg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States613 Posts
May 12 2013 19:50 GMT
#7
Whoa, when I saw the title I had to see if thats actually what the map was named after.

Are you a mineralogist / rock collector?
"Dude, just don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean." -Sean Plott
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
May 12 2013 21:38 GMT
#8
Wow that's really, REALLY good!
  • Superb natural layout. I think these naturals are just about perfect, great improvements on FS. Narrow enough for standard walls, but widen to allow for ample defenses. A fair amount of space behind the minerals. The ledge nicely enhances opportunities for more harass, and even sneaking in drops.
  • The big ridges give a nice defender's advantage, but not too much.
  • Most importantly, you took my advice and fixed the fundamental problem with Frontline, making the 3rds harassable, but just right.

    Suggestions
  • Make make the nat ledge cliffable but connected to the main, like Polaris Rhapsody, perhaps slightly less wide (so width of Othello but without the block) [;
  • I'm imagining T5 P7, for T to take 1 all he has to do is plonk some tanks outside nat@2. Attacking there from east to west could possibly be made a bit easier, by slightly widening the little ramp on the curved side of the hill.
  • Decoration (add something funny in the water patches).
  • Neutral CC!

BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Archaeo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States397 Posts
May 12 2013 23:21 GMT
#9
Looks awesome! Maybe mid should have a mineral field like FS?
Offtopic: Kyanite is a really nice mineral Too bad I don't have any in my collection
Yo my chingu!!!
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
May 13 2013 03:58 GMT
#10
I dont suggest a neutral cc, thats a rather...novel concept, and one thats been overplayed recently. Just throw a few temples up for decoration if you want anything in the middle.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
May 13 2013 05:18 GMT
#11
that 3rd reminds me of Colosseum hehe.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Axonn
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia288 Posts
May 13 2013 07:00 GMT
#12
I really like the map and wouldn't put neutral cc in the map, little high-ground base may be nice. Or if you really like the cc concept, you can make base that has neutral cc in mid so you need to kill it (infest it) in order to expo to that base.
Todd P
Profile Joined December 2010
42 Posts
May 13 2013 11:58 GMT
#13
I think this map would provide difficult for the TvP matchup:

1. Terran will have a very hard time defending his "natural" 3rd. Because of the veeeeery long path between the natural and the 3rd.

2. I think Protoss will experience a lot of 4-5-6 fact pushes because of very short rush distance in close positions + the fact there is high ground relativly close to the natural (if terran is attacking clockwise that is).
Impossible is nothing
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
May 14 2013 17:19 GMT
#14
I have uploaded Version 1.0 now.
Version 1.0 Kyanite Prospect
-Significant tweaks at the naturals
-Full decoration polish


There isn’t enough space in the middle for a neutral cc so I made a little island for one.
[image loading]

But ofcourse, the island made one base vulnerable to tank drops so I blew it up with a volcano!
[image loading]
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
May 14 2013 17:48 GMT
#15
Why have a neutral CC in the middle? It just lets Zerg use infested terrans vs Protoss and makes it more Zerg favoured in ZvP than it would be otherwise...
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
May 14 2013 18:36 GMT
#16
map just seems kinda.. to me tbh.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
May 14 2013 21:33 GMT
#17
you have space for it in the middle. the center is huge. definitely enough room
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
May 14 2013 21:58 GMT
#18
--- Nuked ---
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
May 16 2013 16:40 GMT
#19
@sheaRZerg Nope Im not a rock collector, but I like reading about various stuff :D
@bITt.mAN Im glad you like it. I think I can give myself a bit more credit for the design. Before I made frontline, I shared these images on broodwarmaps.net:
[image loading]

[image loading]

I also posted this excerpt "I was going to start making a 4 player rotational version of Switchblade on the Jungle tileset.
Then I thought about this template you have made and thought I would play around first."
The template refers to the second picture above which is NegativeZeros WIP map plus 4 hills thrown on by me. Its a just a sketch. I then went ahead and made Frontline, and on purpose made it different. But I always wanted to make this map that you now have. I just knew my skills werent good enough to do it justice. Frontline was my first rotational map.

Just so you guys know, you cant just rejiggle things and release a new map. Kyanite Prospect represents 75 hours of work and was made from scratch. The decoration polish takes 20 hours on its own. I know it seems a bit selfish and attention whoring, but this map took a really long time to make. A lot of love and experience is poured into it and so I want to make sure eryone in the broodwar community has atleast seen it once!

But more than that, I actually just really like it. Even if I hadnt made it, I would love to see it used in SSL9 or whatever. Obviously there is always bias but, I imagine that Im looking at the map for the first time, and it had been made by CyGnus or the next man, and I still think to myself that it would cool to see Killer fight Hiya on this map!

Following on, I will be posting this map on Sonics facebook page in a short while. Its all I can think of to let those guys know about it. If any Korean speakers and people with contacts to Sonic want to help this map get seen by them then that would be good in my opinion. Im just a fan of Broodwar at the end of the day.

+ Show Spoiler +

But anyway, regarding the neutral CC, its 3 for and 3 against so my vote will count and its a negatron. Soz.
@arb which maps do you like out of curiousity?
@ All you lurkers out there;
Do take the time to post. If you like it, if you dont like it, I dont mind, its the silence that I dont like cus how can I know what to do next if I dont get feedback.

Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
May 16 2013 16:57 GMT
#20
On May 17 2013 01:40 CardinalAllin wrote:
@sheaRZerg Nope Im not a rock collector, but I like reading about various stuff :D
@bITt.mAN Im glad you like it. I think I can give myself a bit more credit for the design. Before I made frontline, I shared these images on broodwarmaps.net:
[image loading]

[image loading]

I also posted this excerpt "I was going to start making a 4 player rotational version of Switchblade on the Jungle tileset.
Then I thought about this template you have made and thought I would play around first."
The template refers to the second picture above which is NegativeZeros WIP map plus 4 hills thrown on by me. Its a just a sketch. I then went ahead and made Frontline, and on purpose made it different. But I always wanted to make this map that you now have. I just knew my skills werent good enough to do it justice. Frontline was my first rotational map.

Just so you guys know, you cant just rejiggle things and release a new map. Kyanite Prospect represents 75 hours of work and was made from scratch. The decoration polish takes 20 hours on its own. I know it seems a bit selfish and attention whoring, but this map took a really long time to make. A lot of love and experience is poured into it and so I want to make sure eryone in the broodwar community has atleast seen it once!

But more than that, I actually just really like it. Even if I hadnt made it, I would love to see it used in SSL9 or whatever. Obviously there is always bias but, I imagine that Im looking at the map for the first time, and it had been made by CyGnus or the next man, and I still think to myself that it would cool to see Killer fight Hiya on this map!

Following on, I will be posting this map on Sonics facebook page in a short while. Its all I can think of to let those guys know about it. If any Korean speakers and people with contacts to Sonic want to help this map get seen by them then that would be good in my opinion. Im just a fan of Broodwar at the end of the day.

+ Show Spoiler +

But anyway, regarding the neutral CC, its 3 for and 3 against so my vote will count and its a negatron. Soz.
@arb which maps do you like out of curiousity?
@ All you lurkers out there;
Do take the time to post. If you like it, if you dont like it, I dont mind, its the silence that I dont like cus how can I know what to do next if I dont get feedback.



I think posting him the iccup competition thread would be a lot more useful and it would give him a lot of maps to draw form for future seasons
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 114
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 160
firebathero 82
910 38
NaDa 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm77
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0184
PPMD47
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9442
Liquid`Hasu1773
Trikslyr86
Other Games
summit1g7190
Liquid`RaSZi5785
shahzam567
JimRising 226
B2W.Neo196
Pyrionflax174
KnowMe123
ArmadaUGS94
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream341
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 37
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1192
Other Games
• imaqtpie1095
• Shiphtur242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 1m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.