• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7551 users

[M] (2) Penumbra

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Zolek
Profile Joined September 2011
United States86 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-04 17:39:46
April 27 2013 00:42 GMT
#1
By: Zolek
Published on: NA
Playable bounds: 168 x 114
[image loading]

Angled Image
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


- 12 Total bases
- 56 second main to main (worker)
- 44 second rush ramp top to ramp top (worker)
- 42 second natural to natural (worker)
- Main to natural in 1 creep tumor
- Normal FFE


I only took 1 year vacation before finishing this map yeehaw.

Decals are green in game I have no idea why the map editor hates me.
KingCorwin
Profile Joined February 2013
United States134 Posts
April 27 2013 05:14 GMT
#2
This is a great layout. Its been a while since I've seen a highly rectangular map but I love what you did with this one. The LOS in the middle look super sweet too.
The only real complaint I have is the lava. Its not REALLY necessary and just looks a little awkward.
Once you spruce up the doodads and textures though, this map will be a great piece!
Corwin#12780
FlyingBeer
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States262 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-27 05:37:38
April 27 2013 05:31 GMT
#3
When you came up with this layout, were you perchance inspired by Supourman's old BW map, Sky Kingdom?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Contra KingCorwin, I actually like the lava. I think it's a cool looking accent. But I do think you should work on the texturing in the main and the low ground.
Zolek
Profile Joined September 2011
United States86 Posts
April 27 2013 05:43 GMT
#4
I turned the lava off for now because my friend testing the map also complained. It could come back though!
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-27 05:54:30
April 27 2013 05:53 GMT
#5
This is one of those super solid layouts that you just can't say too much about. Nice.

The FFE against the rocks is pretty interesting. When the rocks are down the flow of the path around the wall is pretty unusual.

The area near the tower is kinda chokey but I think it's just barely okay. Might need to reduce the jutting hole by 2 squares, maybe, maybe.

I would be perfectly content if this TLMC'd to ladder.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 29 2013 15:21 GMT
#6
It's like cloud kingdom, entombed valley, and crossfire had a love-child. I like it.
SC2 Mapmaker
Ricoic
Profile Joined May 2012
39 Posts
April 29 2013 15:49 GMT
#7
This map looks very nice, would love to see it on the ladder.
"Take what you can, Give nothing back!"
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 16:35:22
April 29 2013 16:34 GMT
#8
I'm wondering how the map's atmosphere would change if you took out the water and changed it to have lots of overgrown vines and to add a dark, foresty vibe to it. Can't argue too much about the actual map balance/layout, seems pretty solid.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
April 29 2013 17:10 GMT
#9
I can't help but feel that I've seen this layout before :-/ Is this a rehash of one of your older maps perhaps? Or am I just seeing similarities.

Looks nice though, I like Whiplash's idea about some forest doodads.
Retired Mapmaker™
Zolek
Profile Joined September 2011
United States86 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-30 01:47:04
April 29 2013 23:53 GMT
#10
I'm sure it seems familiar because it actually is one of my older maps. I just worked on it some more after it sitting on my comp for a year. The old thread still exists with the same name.
Zolek
Profile Joined September 2011
United States86 Posts
May 04 2013 17:43 GMT
#11
I added some doodads, 2346 to be exact, to make it purdy. The Decals are green and heavily faded, but show at full brightness and orange in overview/load screen (anyone have a fix for this?). I added some vines and lots of trees to get a little bit of the dark forest thing going on that people asked for.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
May 04 2013 18:15 GMT
#12
I like the map. As usual. But I would love some maps with a lit of water around. Like the good old maps in BW.
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-04 19:25:32
May 04 2013 19:00 GMT
#13
Interesting map. Yep, definitely reminds me of CK, but it has some quirks to it. It'd be nice for this to be tried on ladder/tournaments. I do not particularly miss CK, but it may make those who do happy, while still provide something different. I like it. Cool name, too. ^^

On April 27 2013 14:31 FlyingBeer wrote:
When you came up with this layout, were you perchance inspired by Supourman's old BW map, Sky Kingdom?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Actually, Cloud Kingdom was first created for SC2 by SUPEROUMAN and was ported to BW as "Kingdom of Clouds" by CrystalDrag:
There's also a different ported version.

Anyway, just thought I would clarify where the credit is due
T P Z sagi
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-05 00:01:30
May 05 2013 00:00 GMT
#14
I love this because to me personally I think it takes what cloud kingdom tried to do and makes it much, much better.

The third isn't hard, but it isn't super easy like it was on CK and even the fourth is slightly harder as it's actually quite a distance away from your third rather than being right down the ramp and finally gone are those large back paths which made playing mech vs bio almost impossible on that map. Really hope I can find someone to play this map with, can't wait to give mech a try on it vs all the races. ^^
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
May 05 2013 00:33 GMT
#15
On May 05 2013 09:00 Qikz wrote:
I love this because to me personally I think it takes what cloud kingdom tried to do and makes it much, much better.

The third isn't hard, but it isn't super easy like it was on CK and even the fourth is slightly harder as it's actually quite a distance away from your third rather than being right down the ramp and finally gone are those large back paths which made playing mech vs bio almost impossible on that map. Really hope I can find someone to play this map with, can't wait to give mech a try on it vs all the races. ^^

CK's concept was small chokes through the mid (short rush distance) and wider paths on the sides. This map is pretty much the opposite.

Comparing the thirds is a little interesting... Here you have a 4x ramp to defend first, which is pretty wide but it's also not right in front of the base like on CK. This means you don't have to squish around your town hall to get a concave on the ramp, but since it's a 4x you won't be wanting to anyway so it's kinda weird. I like this third better than CK's for sure.

For the fourths though... I think this one's easier even if it's a bit further from the actual town hall at the third. You have that nice little pit out in front of it creating some chokes (like an older version of CK, actually.) Comparing them though, this one is further from the enemy and more covered by the positions you already have to defend to defend your first three bases. There's also not a high ground ridge above it.

I think the fourth here might be too easy.
all's fair in love and melodies
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
May 05 2013 02:16 GMT
#16
The initial version of this was way more similar to CK, albeit still fairly different (mainly b/c of the different dimensions. 168x114 much diff from 124x132). This however is just a completely different map.

I agree w/ gfire in that the 4th might be too easy. Especially since the 5th is a really easy next step w/ the rock protection. I'm not really sure how you would change that without completely changing the layout, though.

Pretty solid map overall.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
Zolek
Profile Joined September 2011
United States86 Posts
May 05 2013 05:14 GMT
#17
Rocks on 4th base spot or
Rocks on ramp/modifying ramp between 3rd/4th
Droppable ledge behind 4th

Do any of these changes potentially help at all? I don't think they really do. I do think that while it is on the easier side it also represents a lot more defensive perimeter since you have to cover basically the whole map width at that point, and the 4th is also very air/drop vulnerable. Running your army side to side to defend isn't that easy since it means going out by the xel naga tower, or running in that narrow passage outside your base. I'll take ideas for how to fix it up if anyone has any though.
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
May 10 2013 02:15 GMT
#18
I quite like it but I’d definitely add rocks between the second and the third.
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
Meerel
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany713 Posts
May 10 2013 02:20 GMT
#19
the third, fourth, fifth progression is kinda bad
SDMF
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 156
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 462
Mong 107
Shinee 71
Bale 24
NotJumperer 18
Shine 15
Noble 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
JimRising 624
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 844
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft721
Other Games
summit1g7661
C9.Mang0300
ceh9248
PiGStarcraft229
Happy91
Livibee70
RuFF_SC228
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick557
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream453
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Lourlo1243
• Rush1212
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
3h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
17h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 4h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.