• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:20
CEST 00:20
KST 07:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9218 users

Wildstar MMO

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 111 112 113 Next
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-01 22:13:24
March 31 2013 08:03 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Update: EU-Hazak no longer has a guild but is using a Circle instead to keep our community together. PM Nyraena for an invite. Remember to deactivate your Invite Filter in your Interface settings.

The NA guild on Pergo has also disbanded in favour of a circle. Contact Sermokala for an invite.

Courtesy of JimmyJRaynor

I FOUND a WildStar discount code allowing North Americans to get the game for $45 with no sales tax.
do you want to put it into the OP?

its from Green Man Gaming which has a good reputation...plus i now know 5 people who used this code successfully to get the game.


it expires on the 27th though.


here is the Green Man Gaming discount code.

APIZS9-460INI-BL4WZ9
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
teer
Profile Joined September 2010
United States189 Posts
March 31 2013 08:29 GMT
#2
signed up for beta
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
March 31 2013 08:55 GMT
#3
Hmm... A more PvE community based MMO, sounds appealing to me.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
March 31 2013 10:12 GMT
#4
That's not what I'd expect when I read 'Realistic graphics'.
Dooba
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Croatia588 Posts
March 31 2013 10:55 GMT
#5
On March 31 2013 19:12 ain wrote:
That's not what I'd expect when I read 'Realistic graphics'.


Semantics. Read the rest of the sentence and you might "get" it.
"Zergs are really stronger. I use to win 60-70%, now it is 40-50. I am switching to civilization 5 for now until any terran can come up with a better tactics."
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-31 11:06:05
March 31 2013 11:03 GMT
#6
On March 31 2013 19:55 Dooba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2013 19:12 ain wrote:
That's not what I'd expect when I read 'Realistic graphics'.


Semantics. Read the rest of the sentence and you might "get" it.


Well, I don't get it either. Not sure what "towers for graphics" means. From what i see this looks like typical cartoony MMO stuff with crazy looking gear and giant glowing weapons.
Kuni
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Austria765 Posts
March 31 2013 12:15 GMT
#7
He was referring to World of Warcraft, where the armorsets have shoulderpads the size of elephants. But there is nothing realistig about the graphics of this MMO here, no matter how you look at it. It's as fantasy as can be, with all kinds of different fantasy elements and weapons the size of a truck :-)

But that doesn't mean it's bad. It looks nice. Maybe the gameplay will be more fun than the legions of other clone-wow-mmos have been. Long overdue in my opinion. Doubt it, but you can always hope.
bonus vir semper tiro
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
March 31 2013 12:59 GMT
#8
When I first saw the video they released about a year ago I thought it looked terrible, but everything they've talked about recently has me really looking forward to it. For some reason I'm optimistic despite every MMO being shit since early WoW
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-31 13:53:49
March 31 2013 13:48 GMT
#9
On March 31 2013 17:03 irninja wrote:
Key Features:

- A vast seamless world that will captivate you to explore and adventure on a single shard server. Possibly no instances.

Really? Either they're expecting this game to be dead or they've manage to secure supercomputers that are magnitudes of order more powerful than those used by WoW. Hundreds of thousands of people in a single server? This sounds unworkable.

- There are dozens of ways to play a class, completely up to the player.

HAHAHAHAHA. ROFL.

I don't know whether this is naivety, hubris or deception. Ever heard of balance? Virtually no RPG offers multiple viable ways to play a class. In the end, it's worked out that one way is better, one spec is optimal, then it becomes the cookie cutter way to play.

Where did you get this list?

Apart from this the game looks very good. Whether I play it depends on the business model. I expect not to play it because virtually all MMOs are now "free to play" and loaded with microtransactions that greatly increases convenience and reduces grinding, and in many cases they're borderline pay-to-win.
Kuni
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Austria765 Posts
March 31 2013 13:59 GMT
#10
On March 31 2013 22:48 paralleluniverse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2013 17:03 irninja wrote:
Key Features:

- A vast seamless world that will captivate you to explore and adventure on a single shard server. Possibly no instances.

Really? Either they're expecting this game to be dead or they've manage to secure supercomputers that are magnitudes of order more powerful than those used by WoW. Hundreds of thousands of people in a single server? This sounds unworkable.


Well maybe you can work around it, by having one realm, a single shard server, but have the various zones be distributed across more servers and if a zone gets full, they'd tell you "sorry brah". They'd be bullshitting, but technically it wouldn't be a lie. They'd need to restrict access to the zones to a limited amount of people though. Still, one "shard server", in the menu list upon connecting :-)
bonus vir semper tiro
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
March 31 2013 14:10 GMT
#11
Wow, this art really looks like a carbon-copy of WOW, from the textures, world builds and doodads, to character design and equipment art. Urgh, no thanks. Reading the description I had some vague hope of something interesting, but the "What is"-video really killed it for me.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
March 31 2013 16:00 GMT
#12
"One server" doesn't mean a single server from any sort of technical perspective, that's impossible. Even a server in wow is not one physical server but balanced over several, which is why for example an instance can be down, while the world is still up, etc.

What they mean is that you're able to play with everyone in your region, either through a system of districts like Guild Wars 1, or just interconnected servers where you can play with others like Secret World.

For instance in TSW you make your character on a particular server but it never stops you from playing with or chatting with anyone on any other server. I think this is what GW2 does as well with guesting but I haven't played it since that has been enabled.

If I had to guess I'd say it's the latter since these guys most likely are using a fair bit of similar technology to Anet.

The graphics are very reminiscent of WoW, one zone they've been featuring a lot in these videos reminds me a lot of the barrens. Whether they are pandering to nostalgia or it's just a product of both having cartoony graphics I don't know. Personally I find the cartoony graphics refreshing, I'm really tired of MMOs trying to have lifelike characters that end up looking awful and having the jankiest animations (like TSW, AoC, etc)
Voison
Profile Joined September 2011
United States25 Posts
April 01 2013 20:04 GMT
#13
Signed up for the beta. I hope I get in!
TeamLegacy.net
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 20:17:06
April 01 2013 20:16 GMT
#14
If we are talking graphics it more reminds me of an upgraded Beyond Good and Evil than it does WoW. Just because a game is cartoony doesn't mean it's a "WoW clone."
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
April 02 2013 05:01 GMT
#15
Will the Esper be a pure healing class? They say on the website that "A fully trained Esper can turn the tide in any conflict, sustaining and healing their allies while dishing out devastating mental blasts against their foes."

Healing people while blasting enemies sounds fun, but personally the only thing I enjoy in MMOs is PvE healing, I don't want to do any blasting.

If there is indeed such an option, and the gameplay is smooth & responsive, then I'm in.
o choro é livre
Avius
Profile Joined October 2007
Iraq1796 Posts
April 02 2013 13:20 GMT
#16
Looking forward to this very much.

This game looks like it married the best of WoW and GW2 (and probably other stuff) into one good mix. Let's hope they can deliver. I have seen PAX East 2013 gameplay (Youtube) and it looked very smooth and promising.

I love GW2 but the lack of hardcore endgame content is killing it for me. I play it on and off (which is fine, because there is no subscription-fee). They already announced hardcore raids 20/40man stuff - I think I read that on their homepage - which gets me excited again.

Here's hoping for the best!
aka. Samael
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
April 02 2013 14:21 GMT
#17
looks really cool. hope i can get in.
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Deckkie
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1595 Posts
April 02 2013 16:57 GMT
#18
Looks really good. Sadly enough I dont have the minimum system requirements. Lets hope that they will send me a beta key either way.
Always look on the bright side of life
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
April 02 2013 18:31 GMT
#19
ugh, another global cooldown game, when will it eeeend.
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
April 02 2013 19:59 GMT
#20
No PvP features? It's gotta have some PvP. I love devouring the souls of my fellow nerd brethren.
1 2 3 4 5 111 112 113 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O145
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason113
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1003
ZZZero.O 145
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm72
League of Legends
Doublelift4632
JimRising 600
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6061
Other Games
summit1g8952
FrodaN3145
KnowMe228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1143
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
40m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 40m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 40m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 40m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.