• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:42
CEST 18:42
KST 01:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8149 users

Status of Leopolds from EliteKeyboards?

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 08 2011 20:11 GMT
#1
First of all, I would like to apologize ahead of time if anyone thinks that this doesn't deserve a thread. I searched the forum and only found things about comparing Filco/Das/Leopold and, considering that those threads are all old, I wasn't sure if people would check back to answer my question.

Basically, since I've ordered parts to build my own computer, I decided to go full out and buy a mechanical keyboard, too, since I have a job where I'll be working at home on my computer for the entire summer. I don't normally buy things, either, so it's a treat for me.

But enough of that. The gist of it is that I want to buy a Leopold (Tenkeyless) with brown switches from EliteKeyboards. The problem is that, in my eyes, EliteKeyboards is notorious for not updating the messages on its site. From what I understand, the Leopolds are currently shipping even though they currently say that they're out of stock and you're "pre-ordering."

I can't find a thread specifically answering this on GeekHack (as well as I could search without actually using the search function because I'm not a member), so I figured my fellow keyboard researchers on TL might be able to help me. Have any of you got a Leopold from EliteKeyboards? Are they shipping right now?
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 08 2011 20:16 GMT
#2
This thread? http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=16681

They are shipping according to a lot of people in the thread.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
April 08 2011 20:22 GMT
#3
Mines coming in today should be there when I get home.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 08 2011 20:23 GMT
#4
On April 09 2011 05:16 skyR wrote:
This thread? http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=16681

They are shipping according to a lot of people in the thread.

*sigh* I looked at that and read it as "EU" status for some reason and thought that it was only about Europe. I now feel like the biggest idiot ever.

I guess this means that they're working through orders but it should be pretty fast? Still seems somewhat unclear. I'm only making sure because I got my computer parts delivered to my parents' house instead of my apartment because it's simply safer that way and the only time I can get it from them is next weekend (16th) and I figured doing the same with the keyboard would be best (they would just leave it all in front of my door in the middle of the complex here).

Thanks, skyR, you've been a massive help to me over the past week! <3

P.S. My computer parts are starting to arrive.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 08 2011 20:36 GMT
#5
Okay, an update for anyone wondering:

After some more lurking on that GeekHack thread, I've decided that they're going through orders as fast as they can and that getting one now will probably get it to you pretty quickly (they normally do, like, 1 or 2 day shipping so this will just, at most, probably make it if you got slower 5-7 day shipping from Amazon).

To conclude, I'm going to go ahead get it and ship it to my parents' place. I have confidence it will be there within 7 days so that I can get it along with my new computer parts. I can't wait for my first mechanical keyboard (and with a brand new computer)! :D
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
SeRenExZerg
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States401 Posts
April 08 2011 20:53 GMT
#6
ordered mine tuesday, will be here on monday according to fedex. their site says the keyboard has "NO STOCK", apparently implying that it wont ship right away. I emailed them when i saw this, and the guy i was talking to said it would probably be about 3-4 days before it ships out. Mine shipped out 2 days after i ordered it regardless.

I know they just got their first batch at the end of march, so i would assume it probably wouldnt take long at all for them to ship it anyway considering it is the start of april.

PS- i've already gotten a chance to use the tenkeyless otaku with MX browns, and it is a DREAM. i had the blackwidow before and i sold that because the leopold just felt infinitely more solid, and i thought the blackwidow was really nice when i got that. I'm so excited to get mine too :DDDD
One thing about deer: They have good vision. One thing about me: I am better at hiding than they are at vision.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 08 2011 21:02 GMT
#7
Awesome! Now I'm even more excited!

I really, really hope that timeline is correct. I'd hate to have to have my parents forward it from their place. It's not as bad as having more expensive computer components just sitting at my doorstop, though, so I feel a little okay with it. Hopefully I don't have to worry about that, though. I'm currently being sucked in by the lavender WASD and red Escape key, so I have a feeling I'll be getting those, too, lol. After all, you might as well just pay the extra $10 to make your awesome and expensive keyboard that much more unique and . . . well . . . awesome.

# of times "awesome" was used in this post: 3 and now 4. Awesome. (5)
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Corinthos *
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Canada1842 Posts
April 08 2011 21:07 GMT
#8
I got my Leopold on Tuesday, and I'm loving it.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 08 2011 21:19 GMT
#9
On April 09 2011 06:07 Corinthos wrote:
I got my Leopold on Tuesday, and I'm loving it.

Congrats! I'm one of those people who likes to see tons of people saying they love it because it makes me feel better about dropping the money on it, lol.

How long did it take to come? When did you order? Did the site show what it does right now at the time?
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
DZK
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada40 Posts
April 08 2011 21:29 GMT
#10
I got my mine today and I'm typing on it at this very moment. Pretty amazing keyboard. Took 5 days in my case to get here, but I live in Canada. I do know of a few people that live in the US and got it within a day or two though. I'd recommend it to anyone who considers buying a mech keyboard. Definitely one of the best deal out there as for quality/price.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 08 2011 21:34 GMT
#11
Thanks, DZK. I shall go order it right now.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Corinthos *
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Canada1842 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 21:35:17
April 08 2011 21:34 GMT
#12
On April 09 2011 06:19 Char711 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 06:07 Corinthos wrote:
I got my Leopold on Tuesday, and I'm loving it.

Congrats! I'm one of those people who likes to see tons of people saying they love it because it makes me feel better about dropping the money on it, lol.

How long did it take to come? When did you order? Did the site show what it does right now at the time?


I preordered the keyboard upon the first hour the preorder page went up. I got shipping confirmation on March 30th, and I think it left CA, USA on Friday, and I guess it went through customs on Sunday/Monday. Should be a lot faster for you though since you reside in the states. I read some people got theirs in a 1-2 business days. ;o

I do miss the num pad though, but now the keyboard fits perfectly on my desk and gives me space for my mouse. ;o
novabossa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States350 Posts
April 08 2011 21:45 GMT
#13
I got mine in the first batch of pre-orders. First-class keyboard! I don't think I can ever go back to non-mechanical haha (seriously, this is like sex for ur fingers). The detachable USB makes this a superior keyboard to the Filco in my opinion (although I've never owned one, I'm pretty sure the build quality is on par).
Rachel: First game. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Dark Templar. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Countered. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Were you worried? oGsMC: What?
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 08 2011 21:54 GMT
#14
Ah, perfect! That's about what I expect. I wanted the keycap puller, too (since I'm always careful with my electronics and I bought the lavendar WASD and red Escape keycaps), so I sent an email to ask when it would be back in stock and also asked when I might expect the keyboard. I'm pretty confident it will be within a week at the latest. (So, as you can tell, I just ordered mine a few minutes ago. )

And, yeah, with my somewhat limited desk space I've loved having my Apple Wireless Keyboard (Tenkeyless design, obviously) since my mouse can go right beside it without a problem. I've honestly almost never used a num pad in my entire life. It felt like a novelty, to be honest.

Just a FYI, novabossa: you're right. GeekHack has basically determined that the quality is pretty much the exact same with the Leopold being just a touch better because of some improvements they made (like that detachable cable).
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 23:15:39
April 08 2011 23:14 GMT
#15
On April 09 2011 06:54 Char711 wrote:
Ah, perfect! That's about what I expect. I wanted the keycap puller, too (since I'm always careful with my electronics and I bought the lavendar WASD and red Escape keycaps), so I sent an email to ask when it would be back in stock and also asked when I might expect the keyboard. I'm pretty confident it will be within a week at the latest. (So, as you can tell, I just ordered mine a few minutes ago. )

And, yeah, with my somewhat limited desk space I've loved having my Apple Wireless Keyboard (Tenkeyless design, obviously) since my mouse can go right beside it without a problem. I've honestly almost never used a num pad in my entire life. It felt like a novelty, to be honest.

Just a FYI, novabossa: you're right. GeekHack has basically determined that the quality is pretty much the exact same with the Leopold being just a touch better because of some improvements they made (like that detachable cable).

I don't think the keycap puller is really necessary, I just use a credit card. You just have to be sure to lift it straight off the keyboard, by using your hand to keep the key level as you pull it up.
The keyboard just came in, I'm really satisfied- it feels great, the detachable USB cable is really well made, it has a minimalist look that I prefer to the Filcos. Very satisfied with both the keyboard and the service from Elitekeyboards, some people complain that they don't answer emails but they answered mine within hours (from what I understand they don't answer questions that they either can't answer, like ship dates/the availability of other models, but if you have a legitimate question then they'll answer really quickly).

edit- There are people in that geekhack thread who ordered in April and who's keyboards are shipping, so you should expect yours quickly. In terms of shipping time, they shipped the keyboard out on Monday and I just got it today (I live in Illinois, they shipped from California).
lazydino
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada331 Posts
April 08 2011 23:19 GMT
#16
Hmm im still waiting. Looks like i didnt make it into the first batch
"I have this moron thing that I do, it's called thinking" - George Carlin
NeXiLe
Profile Joined February 2006
Canada262 Posts
April 08 2011 23:56 GMT
#17
I was looking at this keyboard or a similar one but I have a quick question (having never used a mechanical keyboard) that may be a bit off-topic. There's a certain other game I play where it's really important that I be able to press a couple keys as fast as possible. With my current membrane keyboard, I can cut a tiny square out of 30 sheets of a sticky notepad or something similar, pull off the key and stick it underneath so I barely have to press the key to get it to register. Like I just rest my finger on it and it presses it. Is something similar possible with a mechanical keyboard? I'm getting tired of these membrane ones but as weird as it sounds, this is a pretty important thing for me. I can't tell by the pictures exactly how the key is pressed or if this is possible so if anyone with more knowledge could let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

LordLuo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States37 Posts
April 09 2011 00:28 GMT
#18
Mine came today, typing on it right now. I have no problems whatsoever, it feels great!
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 01:33:28
April 09 2011 01:31 GMT
#19
On April 09 2011 08:56 NeXiLe wrote:
I was looking at this keyboard or a similar one but I have a quick question (having never used a mechanical keyboard) that may be a bit off-topic. There's a certain other game I play where it's really important that I be able to press a couple keys as fast as possible. With my current membrane keyboard, I can cut a tiny square out of 30 sheets of a sticky notepad or something similar, pull off the key and stick it underneath so I barely have to press the key to get it to register. Like I just rest my finger on it and it presses it. Is something similar possible with a mechanical keyboard? I'm getting tired of these membrane ones but as weird as it sounds, this is a pretty important thing for me. I can't tell by the pictures exactly how the key is pressed or if this is possible so if anyone with more knowledge could let me know, I'd really appreciate it!



It works like this: while pressing the key, you will feel an increase in resistance. At about 2 millimeters down, the resistance will drop off and at the same time the key will activate. After this point you can press the key further down to a total of 4 millimeter movement, until it hits the bottom of its possible movement. This means it works totally different from membrane keyboards, where you always have to bottom out to activate the signal sent by the key.

You can keep keys slightly pressed and feel that rising resistance and imminent drop-off coming, if you concentrate on that. In that way it could be infinitely better than membrane keyboards for you.

On the other hand, you cannot do the modification you're now doing with your membrane keyboard. If you rip off the keycaps of the mechanical keyboard, you will see a pin and pressing that will still feel exactly like pressing a key with keycap: 4 millimeter total movement and activation after 2 millimeters.

Also, you should make sure to look for "blue" or "brown" Cherry switches in the keyboard and not the "black" ones. The black switches are called "linear" and with them you cannot feel the key activation coming, while pressing down on the key.

PS: In Google you can type in stuff like "2 millimeter to inch" for conversions.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
April 09 2011 01:42 GMT
#20
^if you want to press keys rapidly you might want to get browns instead of blues as well, because although the change is minimal it's harder to quickly double-tap blues. The difference is minimal but if you went so far as to mod your keyboard I guess the difference would matter to you.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1132
ComeBackTV 940
SteadfastSC483
TaKeTV 479
LamboSC2387
IndyStarCraft 163
Rex115
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 483
LamboSC2 387
mouzHeroMarine 284
IndyStarCraft 163
ProTech151
Rex 115
UpATreeSC 83
BRAT_OK 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32672
Shuttle 1566
EffOrt 895
Light 671
Mini 592
Soma 472
firebathero 284
Rush 212
Snow 191
ZerO 161
[ Show more ]
hero 94
Liquid`Ret 54
Sea.KH 54
sorry 53
Killer 43
Mong 35
ToSsGirL 29
Sexy 23
Terrorterran 22
Trap 20
soO 20
Bale 19
Shine 17
Free 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7008
qojqva1758
Dendi920
420jenkins157
Counter-Strike
fl0m1342
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2038
crisheroes1270
XaKoH 209
MindelVK8
Other Games
singsing1743
B2W.Neo983
Beastyqt464
FrodaN313
ArmadaUGS198
Hui .196
KnowMe147
QueenE100
Mew2King84
Trikslyr61
Dewaltoss49
C9.Mang039
ToD33
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• FirePhoenix15
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3001
• TFBlade1216
Other Games
• imaqtpie337
• Shiphtur237
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 18m
Stellar Fest
20h 18m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.