• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:41
CEST 09:41
KST 16:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7323 users

Status of Leopolds from EliteKeyboards? - Page 2

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Wonderballs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada253 Posts
April 09 2011 01:52 GMT
#21
Got mine 3 days ago, pre-ordered the minute it would process.
I thought Jesus would come back before Starcraft 2.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 09 2011 07:27 GMT
#22
@DystopiaX
I realize it's not needed; it's just something I want because I like to be meticulous with that type of thing. It might seem stupid to you, but it's only $5 and gives me peace of mind, so I'm cool with it (I also got the lavender WASD and red Escape keycaps, so I have an immediate reason for it).

About quick tapping: blues also sometimes have a problem where double-tapping is a little messed up. It doesn't happen for everyone, but basically you can have it so that the key, when it doesn't rise back up fully on a quick double press, will not actuate again because of the small range you're allowing it. I'm not describing it well, and it usually isn't an issue, but it's something you should know about.

Regardless, a mech keyboard should be better for that. osu! or something else?
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
April 09 2011 08:04 GMT
#23
On April 09 2011 16:27 Char711 wrote:
@DystopiaX
I realize it's not needed; it's just something I want because I like to be meticulous with that type of thing. It might seem stupid to you, but it's only $5 and gives me peace of mind, so I'm cool with it (I also got the lavender WASD and red Escape keycaps, so I have an immediate reason for it).

About quick tapping: blues also sometimes have a problem where double-tapping is a little messed up. It doesn't happen for everyone, but basically you can have it so that the key, when it doesn't rise back up fully on a quick double press, will not actuate again because of the small range you're allowing it. I'm not describing it well, and it usually isn't an issue, but it's something you should know about.

Regardless, a mech keyboard should be better for that. osu! or something else?

Nah I don't think it's stupid, and it makes sense if you want to be really careful, but if you want to save a couple bucks/shipping I was just pointing out that you don't really need it.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 09 2011 20:03 GMT
#24
Thanks for making sure I knew, then!

Brian (Majestouch) got back to me really quickly and said that they're working on a new supplier for them and that he doesn't expect anything for several weeks. It looks like I'll be pulling manually if I want to put the specialized keycaps on right away.

He also told me (since I asked, of course) that my keyboard will be shipping Monday! I have to say, I'm really impressed that the customer service has lived up to everything I've heard. I'm pretty sure he used my email address to double-check my order time since I didn't give him an order number or anything, so I'm impressed he took the time.

Also, if any of you GeekHack lurkers were curious, he won't be changing his name from Majestouch; says it's a part of his history and such.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
April 14 2011 00:18 GMT
#25
I just ordered mine today

6-10 days, waiting for my status e-mail.
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 14 2011 20:58 GMT
#26
A FYI:

As you can see, I ordered last Friday evening. Brian said it would ship Monday and it did, indeed, ship late Monday evening. It hasn't arrived yet that I know of, but it should be in tonight (for some strange reason FedEx always delivers to that specific area late). That's 3-day shipping for you folks following along at home. Pretty good when you consider that the site didn't even say they were "in stock" at the time (but, again, I think that's just because some of the text doesn't get updated very well and it's also during the launch period for the board).
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
nOminal
Profile Joined August 2010
United States26 Posts
April 14 2011 21:38 GMT
#27
I wish you guys the best in terms of the quality of the keyboards. Overall it is very nice (I ordered mine months ago because I really wanted to test it out so I bought straight from Korea) but within 3 days the keys started to get very shiny and the keys I used most at that time had faded. Now I understand it's not an issue to some but I was using my friend's Filco for about 3 weeks and it never had the fading issues that this keyboard does.

Like I said, I still very much prefer this keyboard over the Filco because the keys feel more sturdy and not as "plasticky" and the detachble USB is a plus ^^. I just wish that the keys didn't get shiny/oily quickly. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do though :D
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
April 15 2011 03:03 GMT
#28
That's strange: every other person I've seen talk about it has agreed that the keycaps are significantly better on the Leopold than the Filco (as you said) and that it takes a good deal longer for them to get shiny on top of that.

Some ways to explain:
1) You just got unlucky.
2) You bought from Korea and EliteKeyboards does an extra quality check. Therefore you're more likely to get the most . . . perfect (not sure about that word choice) product possible.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
April 15 2011 03:07 GMT
#29
^doubt that really extends to keycap quality though...I think they just check to make sure nothing's fucked up (beyond what the factory inspects). I have to say I didn't experience this either...and I'm not the most clean person in the world. Everything still looks fine and it's been about a week.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 03:22:43
April 15 2011 03:22 GMT
#30
I know they checked to see if keycaps lined up correctly on the Filcos because the alignment wasn't always right. Couldn't tell you about the actual keycap quality, though.

I lean towards #1 simply because I've heard great things about the Leopold keycaps. This is the only time I've heard a complaint, actually. (Edit: And, to give you an idea, I've read at least 20 pages of the GeekHack thread on them. Probably a good deal more.)
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
EZjijy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1039 Posts
April 15 2011 03:29 GMT
#31
The difference between the keycaps of Leopolds and Filcos is that FIlco uses a full-cover pad-printing while the Leopolds have lasered lettered without anything cover. The lasered keycaps will last probably much longer than the pad printed Filco keys, but pad printing will keep your keys in very good shape for a long time.
lazydino
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada331 Posts
April 15 2011 05:06 GMT
#32
Is it normal that i havent got mine yet? I ordered my keyboard at elitekeyboards, not amazon. I live in Canada if that changes anything.
"I have this moron thing that I do, it's called thinking" - George Carlin
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 05:29:53
April 15 2011 05:19 GMT
#33
When did you order? hard to tell if you haven't told us. And they ship from California, so it should take a little while longer than US people since the package has to go through customs.
lazydino
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada331 Posts
April 15 2011 05:44 GMT
#34
Oh, I ordered them at around march 25th. So I should be expecting them soon I guess? :S
"I have this moron thing that I do, it's called thinking" - George Carlin
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
April 15 2011 05:57 GMT
#35
Yeah, some US people will have had theirs before you but that's cause they're not shipping internationally.
SeRenExZerg
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States401 Posts
April 15 2011 06:37 GMT
#36
got mine a few days ago....LOOOOOVE it. soo much better than the blackwidow, and it looks very nice and sleek. :DDDDD
One thing about deer: They have good vision. One thing about me: I am better at hiding than they are at vision.
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
April 15 2011 06:38 GMT
#37
So does EK ship to Canada? Shipping cost?

Are the tenkeyless the only Leopolds they're carrying?

For people who've tried mx blues, are they loud enough to annoy other people in an office or other people at a LAN?
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
April 15 2011 06:41 GMT
#38
On April 15 2011 15:38 Zzoram wrote:
So does EK ship to Canada? Shipping cost?

Are the tenkeyless the only Leopolds they're carrying?

For people who've tried mx blues, are they loud enough to annoy other people in an office or other people at a LAN?

They ship to Canada, not sure about costs (I think on GH they said $40 because international but not sure).

Yes, they say they may carry full size in the future but it depends on the supplier, costs, etc., and I would not count on it soon.

Most people would not recommend using blues in a public setting because the clicking can get annoying.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 15 2011 06:43 GMT
#39
Shipping to Canada is $30 and you will also be paying duties as well.
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
April 15 2011 07:03 GMT
#40
On April 15 2011 15:43 skyR wrote:
Shipping to Canada is $30 and you will also be paying duties as well.


Any idea what the duties add up to?

The shipping and duties make this really expensive.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1001
910 725
ggaemo 692
actioN 610
Mong 318
Shuttle 104
Dewaltoss 96
Leta 85
Yoon 76
soO 39
[ Show more ]
yabsab 32
Hm[arnc] 29
Bale 24
Noble 14
Aegong 12
Dota 2
Fuzer 84
League of Legends
JimRising 551
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss229
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor856
Other Games
summit1g8925
olofmeister699
ceh9533
Happy266
PiGStarcraft253
Mew2King112
ArmadaUGS42
trigger10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2332
League of Legends
• Rush1180
• Stunt437
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 19m
OSC
14h 19m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.