• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:17
CEST 01:17
KST 08:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8065 users

Poll for favorite 1v1 ladder map

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
ShnAndrei
Profile Joined March 2011
Romania164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 17:14:31
March 27 2011 12:30 GMT
#1
At adso's suggestions, I added a few additional polls to this thread.

Poll: Which map did you categorically thumbed down? (1 map)

Delta Quadrant (110)
 
44%

Slag Pits (56)
 
22%

Scrap Station (34)
 
14%

Backwater Gulch (16)
 
6%

Xel'Naga Caverns (12)
 
5%

Tal'Darim Altar (6)
 
2%

Typhon Peaks (6)
 
2%

Metalopolis (4)
 
2%

Shakuras Plateau (4)
 
2%

Shattered Temple (2)
 
1%

250 total votes

Your vote: Which map did you categorically thumbed down? (1 map)

(Vote): Scrap Station
(Vote): Tal'Darim Altar
(Vote): Metalopolis
(Vote): Xel'Naga Caverns
(Vote): Backwater Gulch
(Vote): Delta Quadrant
(Vote): Shakuras Plateau
(Vote): Slag Pits
(Vote): Typhon Peaks
(Vote): Shattered Temple



Poll: Which map favors protoss the most?

Shakuras Plateau (49)
 
41%

Delta Quadrant (28)
 
23%

Tal'Darim Altar (14)
 
12%

Xel'Naga Caverns (9)
 
8%

Shattered Temple (8)
 
7%

Typhon Peaks (6)
 
5%

Backwater Gulch (3)
 
3%

Slag Pits (2)
 
2%

Metalopolis (1)
 
1%

Scrap Station (0)
 
0%

120 total votes

Your vote: Which map favors protoss the most?

(Vote): Scrap Station
(Vote): Tal'Darim Altar
(Vote): Metalopolis
(Vote): Xel'Naga Caverns
(Vote): Backwater Gulch
(Vote): Delta Quadrant
(Vote): Shakuras Plateau
(Vote): Slag Pits
(Vote): Typhon Peaks
(Vote): Shattered Temple



Poll: Which map favors terran the most?

Delta Quadrant (76)
 
67%

Backwater Gulch (15)
 
13%

Slag Pits (10)
 
9%

Xel'Naga Caverns (4)
 
4%

Shattered Temple (4)
 
4%

Metalopolis (2)
 
2%

Scrap Station (1)
 
1%

Typhon Peaks (1)
 
1%

Tal'Darim Altar (0)
 
0%

Shakuras Plateau (0)
 
0%

113 total votes

Your vote: Which map favors terran the most?

(Vote): Scrap Station
(Vote): Tal'Darim Altar
(Vote): Metalopolis
(Vote): Xel'Naga Caverns
(Vote): Backwater Gulch
(Vote): Delta Quadrant
(Vote): Shakuras Plateau
(Vote): Slag Pits
(Vote): Typhon Peaks
(Vote): Shattered Temple



Poll: Which map favors zerg the most?

Scrap Station (56)
 
45%

Tal'Darim Altar (41)
 
33%

Shattered Temple (9)
 
7%

Metalopolis (8)
 
6%

Xel'Naga Caverns (2)
 
2%

Backwater Gulch (2)
 
2%

Shakuras Plateau (2)
 
2%

Typhon Peaks (2)
 
2%

Delta Quadrant (1)
 
1%

Slag Pits (1)
 
1%

124 total votes

Your vote: Which map favors zerg the most?

(Vote): Scrap Station
(Vote): Tal'Darim Altar
(Vote): Metalopolis
(Vote): Xel'Naga Caverns
(Vote): Backwater Gulch
(Vote): Delta Quadrant
(Vote): Shakuras Plateau
(Vote): Slag Pits
(Vote): Typhon Peaks
(Vote): Shattered Temple



Poll: Macro map or micro map?

macro (129)
 
83%

micro (27)
 
17%

156 total votes

Your vote: Macro map or micro map?

(Vote): macro
(Vote): micro



Poll: Do you think the graphics have anything to do with your choice?

no (107)
 
79%

yes (29)
 
21%

136 total votes

Your vote: Do you think the graphics have anything to do with your choice?

(Vote): yes
(Vote): no



Poll: What is your favorite 1v1 ladder map?

Tal'Darim Altar (186)
 
35%

Xel'Naga Caverns (128)
 
24%

Shakuras Plateau (67)
 
13%

Shattered Temple (47)
 
9%

Metalopolis (43)
 
8%

Typhon Peaks (29)
 
5%

Backwater Gulch (12)
 
2%

Delta Quadrant (9)
 
2%

Scrap Station (7)
 
1%

Slag Pits (7)
 
1%

535 total votes

Your vote: What is your favorite 1v1 ladder map?

(Vote): Typhon Peaks
(Vote): Backwater Gulch
(Vote): Scrap Station
(Vote): Metalopolis
(Vote): Shakuras Plateau
(Vote): Slag Pits
(Vote): Shattered Temple
(Vote): Xel'Naga Caverns
(Vote): Tal'Darim Altar
(Vote): Delta Quadrant


TheAwesomeAll
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands1609 Posts
March 27 2011 13:05 GMT
#2
I expected typhon peaks to do better... Weird. Anyway go shakuras :D
dr Helvetica <3
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 09:38:53
March 27 2011 13:06 GMT
#3
Apoo
Profile Joined January 2011
413 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 13:59:27
March 27 2011 13:59 GMT
#4
Now im playing Random, before that i trained a lot with Zerg, this is just my personal feeling:

1) Shakuras Plateau
2) Tal'Darim Altar
3) Xel'Naga Caverns
4) Metalopolis
5) Backwater Gulch
6) Scrap Station
7) Typhon Peaks
8) Shattered Temple
9) Delta Quadrant
10) Slag Pits
ShnAndrei
Profile Joined March 2011
Romania164 Posts
March 27 2011 14:11 GMT
#5
is this a multiple choice question? So we can't loose as long as we stick to avoid social pressure?

I'll be rooting for an underdog, as i always do in these silly polls


How easy is to judge people. It's not silly. I wanted to know what are the maps people enjoy the most. The reason is I'm organizing a competition and I want to have an idea on what maps should I add to the map pool. So from my point of view, this question is not 'silly'. And I think people would also like to know what are the most enjoyed maps, as no one really made a 'study' on this yet.

Unfortunately this is not a multiple choice, I would have opted for that, but I didn't see an option for multiple choices when I made the poll. I'm sorry if I missed it.

My favorite map was also an underdog, namely Backwater Gulch.
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 09:39:28
March 27 2011 14:31 GMT
#6
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
March 27 2011 15:28 GMT
#7
i voted Tal'Darim Altar because it's a sick map from the community, even though blizzard fucked it up by widening the entrance to the natural and adding their precious destructible rocks to the third.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
ShnAndrei
Profile Joined March 2011
Romania164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 15:43:53
March 27 2011 15:42 GMT
#8
it's just your "op" should be much more detailed and full of eye candy for funsies..
AND mostly,
i feel you should ask more questions for this thread to get fascinating... as it stands it's not very conductive to constructive debate.. debates which we both like and want


This wasn't meant to be fascinating or eye-candy. But if you feel the urge to give me some suggestions or ideas, you are free to do that. I will post them if you feel they are really needed.

I am not looking for a career in forum posting, nor need the people to be fascinated by my posts. If I need the answer for a question, I ask, wait for the answer and go.

This forum is free for every member of its community. There isn't anything hindering your ability to start threads that are 'conductive to constructive debates' if you like and want them. I am not a payed forum entertainer. I am a normal human being just like you, who is looking for the answer to a question because he needs it.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
March 27 2011 15:54 GMT
#9
Honestly, I hate TalDarim Altar as Zerg...

ZvP is impossible at the same level. I can't double expo vs. a forge FE, there is unlimited proxy pylon space including cannons behind the natural, chokes make it easy for colossi and FF around the 3rd, and the map is gigantic so I can't stop a protoss turtling.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 16:19:53
March 27 2011 16:16 GMT
#10
On March 28 2011 00:42 ShnAndrei wrote:
This wasn't meant to be fascinating or eye-candy. But if you feel the urge to give me some suggestions or ideas, you are free to do that. I will post them if you feel they are really needed.

I am not looking for a career in forum posting, nor need the people to be fascinated by my posts. If I need the answer for a question, I ask, wait for the answer and go.

This forum is free for every member of its community. There isn't anything hindering your ability to start threads that are 'conductive to constructive debates' if you like and want them. I am not a payed forum entertainer. I am a normal human being just like you, who is looking for the answer to a question because he needs it.

You might want to read the Ten Commandments (link), especially this part:

For you this means, when you create a new thread, make sure to include content worth discussing in it. A link or youtube video is not enough. An opening post should set the tone for discussion by being thoughtful and well constructed. We will not hesitate to close threads that don't have enough OP content.


@topic: I like the new Shakuras and Typhon Peaks the most. I'd include Metalopolis if it wouldn't have such a short rush distance on close positions. Taldarim Altar seems almost a littke too big for imho, I like to see it in tournaments but I don't really enjoy in ladder.
Kazang
Profile Joined August 2010
578 Posts
March 27 2011 16:37 GMT
#11
On March 28 2011 00:54 monitor wrote:
Honestly, I hate TalDarim Altar as Zerg...

ZvP is impossible at the same level. I can't double expo vs. a forge FE, there is unlimited proxy pylon space including cannons behind the natural, chokes make it easy for colossi and FF around the 3rd, and the map is gigantic so I can't stop a protoss turtling.


Yeah I feel the same, things like a slow tank push on the natural can be rage inducing.

If you take a fast third in response to the FE that T/P can nearly always do it feels really difficult to get out enough stuff to defend it from a quick 2 base timing push, but if you don't take the fast third it's really easy to fall behind.
It just feels awkward.

It's a good map but I think a lot of people are jumping on the "it's in GSL so it must be awesome" bandwagon without thinking about how it actually plays.
xOTian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States53 Posts
March 27 2011 16:47 GMT
#12
taldarim alter by far ive had so many epic games there. Probably just cause its so huge and have so many spread out expansions
StalinRusH
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States734 Posts
March 27 2011 17:02 GMT
#13
I like Typhon Peaks for some reason it just plays well to my style
and i absolutely hate slag pits >_>
A Combination Of Tuberculosis And A Tomahawk To The Head:: Nothing Bonds Drunken Idiots Like Sexual Innuendos ::
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
March 27 2011 17:04 GMT
#14
I like all the maps, they're big and impulse macro games except when close positions, but my favorite is Tal'Darim even though I haven't played a single game there!!! Still I think that Blizzard should add Crevasse!!
Still great map pool!!!
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
ShnAndrei
Profile Joined March 2011
Romania164 Posts
March 27 2011 17:08 GMT
#15
You might want to read the Ten Commandments (link), especially this part:
For you this means, when you create a new thread, make sure to include content worth discussing in it. A link or youtube video is not enough. An opening post should set the tone for discussion by being thoughtful and well constructed. We will not hesitate to close threads that don't have enough OP content.


Well, I see people are discussing on the topic. If admins see this topic not worth it, they will close it. Don't see the problem here. And I don't really see what more can be added, as the topic is quite self explanatory. It's a poll about the user's favorite map from the 1v1 map pool.

If you don't like its simpleness, please tell the admins to close it and let you open a fancier one. It's the same thing to me, as I am only interested in the results. Or if you don't like the subject, just don't visit this thread. It's that simple.
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 09:40:00
March 27 2011 17:12 GMT
#16
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
March 27 2011 17:21 GMT
#17
just out of curiosity, who voted for slag pits? it's a shitty map with no 3rd base and close position rush distance comparable to steppes of war. (then again, that's just my opinion)
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
ShnAndrei
Profile Joined March 2011
Romania164 Posts
March 27 2011 17:21 GMT
#18
just trying to help get people to discuss the issue


Still waiting for your suggestions. Vague general guidelines don't really help. People are tired of words, they want facts!
Slakter
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden1947 Posts
March 27 2011 17:37 GMT
#19
Tal darim except for the Blizzard-version with rocks on my third -.- Makes taking a third really quickly vs Nexus/CC-first impossible.

I really like new Shakuras so that´s no1.
Protoss, can't live with em', can't kill em'.
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 09:40:29
March 27 2011 19:28 GMT
#20


1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 183
ProTech156
ViBE114
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12155
910 68
NaDa 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever354
canceldota160
League of Legends
Doublelift4562
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3776
Other Games
summit1g4916
C9.Mang0432
JimRising 381
ToD201
JuggernautJason40
PPMD34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick611
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 94
• poizon28 39
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP33
• musti20045 28
• RyuSc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra879
Other Games
• imaqtpie1071
• Shiphtur606
• tFFMrPink 5
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.