• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:17
CEST 08:17
KST 15:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10570 users

[Interview] OSL Ro16 Day 1 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-09 08:12:38
December 08 2010 14:19 GMT
#1
Kal
[image loading]

Q: Your thoughts on winning the first match.
▲ Aztec is heavily favored for P, so I coudnt lose, so I felt a lot of pressure. Todays victory gave me a lot of confidence.

Q: You met the champion of last season, Flash.
▲ I dont know why I always play poorly against top players, so I have been thinking about ways to correct this. This time I'd rather reduce the gap to them than become champion, so it doesnt bother me if I meet them.

Q: Your strategy was very good.
▲ My teammates helped me alot, this is my ace strategy for Aztec against T, so I will only use when facing a very good T. This strategy really fits my style. I got an advantage in the early game, so I was very confident, but during the standoff my army couldnt actually destroy his goliaths, so I felt very pressured.

Q: Your thoughts and goals for this season.
▲ I played very good recently so I got my confidence back. Beating such an strong opponent gave me even more confidence. Surely getting better results than last season is important, but I really want to show that I'm a outstanding player.

Q: Tommorow is the MSL group selection.
▲ Dancing is very difficult for me, so I'll try to not spoil the atmosphere. I eagerly await Sea's imitation of Won Bin (T/N: thanks to Ryo). I normally don't like to watch movies, but I already saw The Man from Nowhere twice. I think he's going to cut his hair, I'll look forward to it.

Final Words?
▲ I want to thank all my teammates that helped me practice, during his break sae also helped me practice, I want to thank him especially.

Source: http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=218652

Calm
[image loading]

Q: You are very happy winning the first match.
▲ My next two opponents are very strong, so today was a must-win. Starting the Ro16 with good momentum makes me have an edge against my opponent, I'm lucky I won today.

Q: Your thoughts about the match.
▲ I knew what my opponent was going to do, so I was in no danger. I also got lucky with my overlord scouting.

Q: How far can you make it this season?
▲ As a pro your goal has to be becoming champion, otherwise there would be no point, right?

Q: You won the MSL before, but lost quite a bit of momentum.
▲ 2010 was almost rock bottom for me, I hope I can use the chance of this OSL to reach new heights.

How is your practice situation?
▲ I practiced a lot with hyvaa and yCH, thanks to them I could win today.

How are you these days?
▲ I think I found my feeling back, I'm on a win streak in SPL and practicing with my teammates is really fun.

Source: http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=218653

Stork
[image loading]

Q: You started the Ro16 with a win.
▲ It was just a match, my win is not something worth being very happy about, because a Protoss who can beat Flash emerged. I dont think I can be very happy.

Q: Your thoughts on Kal vs. Flash.
▲ I saw the match in the waiting room, Kal prepared very well for Flash's opening. I fell strongly that if you want to go carriers against Flash, you have to do it as decisive as Kal.

Q: What about your match against Mind?
▲ The DT drop didnt do much damage, but I never felt I'm going to lose. It's not because my opponent is Mind, it's because our team mainly practices for SPL, so I feel I practice way more than others.

Q: You regret only making it to the Top 4 last season.
▲ I was very confident back then, but I still didnt make it to the finals, I still regret that. My play is quite bad now, so my goal right now is to make it out of the group stage, hopefully then I can improve my play.

Q: Tommorow is the MSL group selection.
▲ Sea told me he will perform with his teammates together. I want that Galaxy tab, but I spoke too soon about that, now it's kinda awkward (laughs). There are 32 players at the group selection, so my chances of getting the microphone are quite slim. With my character I also wont perform anything. Except sports, I really hate moving my limbs (T/N: shamelessly stolen from CSheep ).

Q: Final words?
▲ I want to thank Grape, even if I didnt use the building that he suggested. I also have a really close hyung who is really busy preparing a play. The name is "On air live", I wish him the best of luck. I also feel that the reaction of the fans at OSL has become different. I want to thank the fans that have been cheering for me, I will repay you with good results.

Source: http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=218667

Modesty
[image loading]

Q: Your thoughts on winning your match?
▲ Fantasy played really well recently, he is also on a win streak, so I got very lucky today, I'm very happy.

Q: Your thoughts about the match.
▲ Everything unfolded along my playbook. Ending the match with mutas is nice, but lately the terrans have been strong, so just apply appropriate pressure and then go for a tech switch. I caught a hole in his play, in practice dropping lurkers sometimes worked, sometimes not. I think my muta harass went quite well, wo the drop worked wonders.

Q: Who is the strongest opponent, Hydra, Free or Fantasy?
▲ They are all very good and one of their teams ace players. I'm the worst so I wont rate these players.

Q: Your goals?
▲ I said that my goal is the Ro8. If I reach that, I'll correct my goals.

How is your practice situation?
▲ After practice for SPL I practiced in deep into the night, I had help from my teammates so I didnt have any problems. I heard Fanstasy won twice in SPL today, so I'm lucky to win.

Final words?
▲ All my terran teammates helped me practice, I want to thank Frozen, Bogus, Classic, sae and size.

Source: http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=218668
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
December 08 2010 14:22 GMT
#2
thanks for the translation, cant believe kal beat flash
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 14:24:52
December 08 2010 14:24 GMT
#3
On December 08 2010 23:22 iamho wrote:
thanks for the translation, cant believe kal beat flash


Yea Flash had a bad week (losing a game to light where he looked lost on wat to do during the midgame). Also look at the maps's pvt stats though....it's nearly impossible for terran lol
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
December 08 2010 14:26 GMT
#4
But then again, Aztec's PvT is really close in stats to what TvZ was on Polaris Rapsody, so you can't cut flash too much slack considering the finals last year lol
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
Metalwing
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Turkey1038 Posts
December 08 2010 14:28 GMT
#5
I'm a happy person when Kal wins. No matter it's Aztec or Central Plains or anything like that.
#1 CheckPrime fan // Terrans gonna Terran
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 14:40:42
December 08 2010 14:31 GMT
#6
On December 08 2010 23:19 Chaosquo wrote:

Q: Tommorow is the MSL group selection.
▲ Dancing is very difficult for me, so I'll try to not spoil the atmosphere. I eagerly await Sea's imitation of 元彬 (T/N: help needed). I normally don't like to watch movies, but i already saw 大叔 twice. I think he's going to cut his hair, I'll look forward to it.

Final Words?
▲ I want to thank all my teammates that helped me practice, during his break sae 桑苏 (T/N: is that "hyung"?) also helped me practice, I want to thank him especially.



He's talking about the imitation of Won Bin (famous Korean actor). Actually Sea said he's not playing Won Bin's character so Kal is mistaken.

Second one I think is the Chinese transliteration of "seonsoo". It just means player. I'm not sure why the Chinese translator didn't just use 选手.

영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
December 08 2010 14:47 GMT
#7
On December 08 2010 23:31 Ryo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2010 23:19 Chaosquo wrote:

Q: Tommorow is the MSL group selection.
▲ Dancing is very difficult for me, so I'll try to not spoil the atmosphere. I eagerly await Sea's imitation of 元彬 (T/N: help needed). I normally don't like to watch movies, but i already saw 大叔 twice. I think he's going to cut his hair, I'll look forward to it.

Final Words?
▲ I want to thank all my teammates that helped me practice, during his break sae 桑苏 (T/N: is that "hyung"?) also helped me practice, I want to thank him especially.



He's talking about the imitation of Won Bin (famous Korean actor). Actually Sea said he's not playing Won Bin's character so Kal is mistaken.

Second one I think is the Chinese transliteration of "seonsoo". It just means player. I'm not sure why the Chinese translator didn't just use 选手.


Thanks for the help, can you also tell me what the movie is called?
structuralinertia
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia1426 Posts
December 08 2010 15:02 GMT
#8
thanks for the fast translations Chaosquo! I've linked this in the LR OP for a little extra exposure
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
December 08 2010 15:17 GMT
#9
Q: What about your match against Mind?
▲ The DT drop didnt do much damage, but I never felt I'm going to lose. It's not because my opponent is Mind, it's because our team mainly practices for SPL, so I feel I practice way more than others.

I love how Stork just leans back and talks about his game. The LR thread was in turmoil when the DT drop didn't do damage and Mind went for a push. But it didn't effect Stork. Just another day at the computer playing SC.
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
December 08 2010 15:17 GMT
#10
On December 08 2010 23:47 Chaosquo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2010 23:31 Ryo wrote:
On December 08 2010 23:19 Chaosquo wrote:

Q: Tommorow is the MSL group selection.
▲ Dancing is very difficult for me, so I'll try to not spoil the atmosphere. I eagerly await Sea's imitation of 元彬 (T/N: help needed). I normally don't like to watch movies, but i already saw 大叔 twice. I think he's going to cut his hair, I'll look forward to it.

Final Words?
▲ I want to thank all my teammates that helped me practice, during his break sae 桑苏 (T/N: is that "hyung"?) also helped me practice, I want to thank him especially.



He's talking about the imitation of Won Bin (famous Korean actor). Actually Sea said he's not playing Won Bin's character so Kal is mistaken.

Second one I think is the Chinese transliteration of "seonsoo". It just means player. I'm not sure why the Chinese translator didn't just use 选手.


Thanks for the help, can you also tell me what the movie is called?


It's called Ahjuhssi. The English title is Mister/The Man from Nowhere.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Baddieko
Profile Joined October 2008
Singapore855 Posts
December 08 2010 15:20 GMT
#11
The building that stork mentioned having not used it is surely fleet beacon. That map seemed pro-carriers.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 15:30:55
December 08 2010 15:26 GMT
#12
no worries, its just how flash lost to stork on HBR last year

He will smash everyone else next games

thanks for le interviews! Really appreciated!
In the woods, there lurks..
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
December 08 2010 15:30 GMT
#13
On December 09 2010 00:26 Iplaythings wrote:
no worries, its just how flash lost to stork on HBR last year

He will smash everyone else next games


agreed,there is a reason why he never played on Aztec in the first place.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
December 08 2010 15:50 GMT
#14
Tommorow is the MSL group selection.


will this be casted???
#FPPS
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
December 08 2010 15:50 GMT
#15
On December 09 2010 00:02 structuralinertia wrote:
thanks for the fast translations Chaosquo! I've linked this in the LR OP for a little extra exposure


Thanks for that. I finished the missing two, glad that they were shorter
iRemNanT
Profile Joined March 2009
United States51 Posts
December 08 2010 16:00 GMT
#16
Hey thanks for the interviews! But I believe it's the Ro16
LoL: RemNanT8 HoN: RemNanT
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
December 08 2010 16:03 GMT
#17
dammit fantasy so close to massive winstreak
boomer hands
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
December 08 2010 16:06 GMT
#18
On December 09 2010 01:00 iRemNanT wrote:
Hey thanks for the interviews! But I believe it's the Ro16


Look in the first line of my post
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
December 08 2010 16:23 GMT
#19
Thanks for translating.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
December 08 2010 18:58 GMT
#20
Watching Stork play was really beautiful. He definitely proved why he is PvT god.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft770
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 550
ggaemo 312
Stork 284
Leta 145
PianO 69
Hyuk 34
yabsab 17
Bale 15
ZergMaN 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Reynor65
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King191
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor644
Other Games
summit1g9354
Coldzera 801
C9.Mang0294
PiGStarcraft187
Sick150
ArmadaUGS60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick653
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2258
League of Legends
• Lourlo1123
• Stunt434
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 44m
Online Event
4h 44m
FEL
9h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.