• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:50
CEST 06:50
KST 13:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8126 users

MLG DC Ultimate Feedback Thread

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 23:28:40
October 17 2010 16:40 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Hey everyone, JP here from MLG. First off wanted to say thanks to everyone who tuned in over the course of the weekend and if you were awesome enough to make it out to the event in person, thanks so much for coming -- the finals crowd was epic.

As usual with any big event, there are a billion different threads scattered around the forums here at TL.net with criticism. In order for me to make an event report with (good, constructive) criticism, I've started this thread. Many eyes from MLG staff will be reading this thread and I'm sure the TL.net admins will be closely monitoring it to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

If you were at the event, tell us how to improve the live spectator experience. If you watched at home all weekend, tell us what you would like to see on the stream. If you were a player, tell us what we can do to improve your experience over the weekend. If you attended the event as press, tell us how we can make things easier on you. We’ll try our best to listen and improve the entire experience as much as possible before the next event -- the national championships in Dallas, Texas.

Thanks again to everyone who tuned in over the course of the weekend. Big shoutout to Singlecoil and the entire crew who produced the stream all weekend long as well as the tournament admins who kept the event running smooth. You may never see their faces, but please make sure to give credit where credit is due

See you guys in Dallas, Texas, for our National Championships! Open Passes for the SC2 event are still on sale >>HERE<<

MLG Senior Vice President Lee Chen responds to a majority of the criticisms thus far:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 18 2010 08:24 MLG_Lee wrote:
A few quick comments, scanning through in my first downtime of the event... :D

First off, thanks for the great feedback, will read more later.

re: spectator seating. It's way less than it needs to be. We're working on it, and I'm pretty excited to announce what we'll be doing in 2011. As I posted earlier, we can't use chairs because they wander off and then we end up with the fire marshal yelling at us for fire hazards. It's a catch 22, but there are ways around it. The entire MLG show travels around in 4+ tractor trailers. They're packed to the gills. It's like 3D tetris watching the production team load them up. We literally can't fit any more benches in the trucks.

re: multiple streams. The way we do streaming requires video SWITCHING--there's literally hundreds of thousands of dollars of gear in line to create graphics, camera shots and convert video signals from the broadcast PCs into something we can then encode and send out to the you, our fans. Setting up a second stream is not a simple matter of getting some cameras and throwing a couple more people on the air. Much much more to it than that.

re: jumping into another game. Unfortunately, as I think many of you know, you can't join a game once its started, especially as a spectator. So in order to accomplish that, I'd have to have 10 broadcast machines sitting around and then have the talent, who have enough to do already keeping track of the game play and talking on air to entertain you, be ready to join themselves to the game. There's some other ways to do it, but again, it's not a simple matter and we need to carefully plot it out before we implement it. MUXing out keyboard/mouse inputs so that Day9/Jp/Djwheat can switch video and audio inputs, but there are some fundamental limitations ot how many video signals you can get into an HD switcher.

re: extended series/bo7. we'll get an article published laying out how it works precisely. In fact, I think JP posted on how it works when we announced the addition of SC2 to the circuit. But it's here to stay. And as an old PC LAN veteran, I'll say that I think its the fairest thing possible. We can debate the absolute value of "fair" sometime, but it is a system that MLG uses on EVERY game.

re: sharpness explanation. Good explanation. And you're a 100% correct about what that is. But that was not the issue here, although I'll admit that I looked there first when I saw it. As I stated earlier, it's not that simple. At all. I'd nerd out and give you the technical explanation (I was one of the chief designers of the HD system we use) but that would be giving away trade secrets :D

If we could, we'd cast every single match in the tournament, but unfortunately, it's just not that easy. There's a tremendous amount of infrastructure that has to go into broadcasting ONE match at a time, much less being able to switch on the fly to another one (again, you can't join a game in progress, and you can't hold the tournament to wait for the video team to be ready for you).

Lastly, re: Friday delays. Definitely agree that we needed to communicate better to you folks what was going on. We'll work on that. The basic issue was a series of bugs in the way some legacy systems we have interface with the new MLG 2.0 infrastructure (we are mid-migration onto our new awesome web platform that Agora is building for us) which resulted in the site not correctly displaying the streams. The testing processes we have in place weeks out from the event, but these bugs slipped thru the cracks, largely due to how complex it is. Folks like livestream and ustream have great products which make it very easy for YOU to do things, but our set up is infinitely more complex than what you have to go through to throw up a stream--and no, we can't just use livestream or ustream. We couldn't go live until we had this resolved.

Now that I'm able to take a breath, I'm able to explain it. The bugs have been corrected and we've revised our QA/testing process to make sure that we're better able to catch these kinds of things. Live event production always has issues. Most of the time, you never notice how much we run around at the events trying to make sure the show goes well (even those of you here in attendance). No live show is flawless, especially one as complex as an MLG show (there are 6 tournaments going on at the same time and 4 live streams (each one in both SD and HD)). We usually do a better job of it, such that you never see it. But we missed this time around.

MLG as a whole prides itself about running on time. And John Nelson (MLG_Anakin, our league commissioner) and his team do an amazing job keeping the tournament on time. There were over 292 games played in SC2 alone, and over a thousand more in the rest of the event. These guys, and John and Ryan Moore, the PC Admin, in particular get way too little credit for how hard they work and how great they are at keeping us on schedule. The broadcasts we do could not happen if they weren't awesome at their jobs.

That we were delayed on our streams was not just a let down to you guys as fans, but also to John, the entire league ops team and the rest of the production team that makes these shows happen. So believe me, we're NOT okay with being delayed 2+hrs to get our streams live. So for that, apologies.

Overall I hope you all enjoyed the stream and the show. And again, thanks for the feedback.

Hrmm... guess that wasn't that quick a reply after all. ;/

Other Threads and links MLG DC
MLG DC Day 1
MLG DC Day 2
MLG DC Brackets (Click Match Info to Download Replays)
Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
October 17 2010 16:48 GMT
#2
Thanks JP, I thought it was a really great event, and a lot of fun as a spectator. From a stream perspective, I feel that Saturday was really good. Friday, I didn't like missing the pre-game show... and the delays. Obviously there are some things that went wrong and you guys got it figured out. Also the Friday quality seemed to be a little worse than the Saturday quality. Maybe the Starcraft 2 tournament could be spread out a little more instead of being rushed. MLG has that space for 3 days, so I don't know why it needs to be over in 2 days. If it was slowed down a little, then we can see more matches from each round, and I think the players would have a little more time to relax. Also, who doesn't want 3 days of Starcraft 2 action? My last suggestion would be to make the winners finals, losers finals, and championship match a best of 5. This just seems to be a personal preference, but it's weird to have a Starcraft tournament start as best of 3, and end in best of 3.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 16:49:13
October 17 2010 16:48 GMT
#3
Well the stream was absolutely horrendous the first day and wasn't fixed until day 2 started. How you could go live with that kind of settings was just beyond me.

My suggestions is that you test the stream properly way ahead of going live so that you have time to fix it if these problem occur.

Also the fact that neither you or day 9 acknowledged that the stream was in fact 2 HOURS + delayed on day 1 and explained what had happened, why it happened and maybe throw in an apology was nothing but an insult to your customers in my eyes. You just kept going like nothing had happened, you just don't do that that in the real business world and this is actually not anything different.

Seats.. not enough seats for the SC2 crowd.
Soundproof headphones should be a given with the loud crowd.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
Dingotrold
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark622 Posts
October 17 2010 16:49 GMT
#4
Lovely event! The only criticism I have is that you didn't have iNcontroL casting something on day 2 .
Soft is the blade that is the heart || 万歳!
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 16:50:29
October 17 2010 16:49 GMT
#5
Stream quality on day2 was good, really nice for a free service. Brackets were kinda bad, not getting updated, and when they did get updated, it was usually with a wrong results.

The long periods between games were a bit annoying, and the number of casted games could have been better, but at least you listened and cast both semi-finals in winners bracket.

MuteZephyr
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania448 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 16:51:54
October 17 2010 16:50 GMT
#6
I watched at home with an HD pass, and greatly enjoyed the games.

My one complaint was the stream quality on the first day. There was some sort of strange contrast and low quality, but you guys seemed to have fixed it by the second day (I hope that in game lag wasn't due to the higher bitrate you guys started putting out ). Hopefully next time around it will look good the first day as well :D EDIT: Oh yeah, the bracket errors were a bit annoying too, though not the end of the world.

In all, great job and thanks for helping organize such a giant tournament, I know I really enjoyed it!

(Also, Day[9] should continue to cast the events. He has great analysis and confident speech.)
I don't Micro, I FEMTO. That's 9 orders of magnitude more extreme.
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
October 17 2010 16:50 GMT
#7
The extended series rule. That works for Halo, but not for Starcraft 2.
-
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
October 17 2010 16:51 GMT
#8
Tech difficulties obviously needed to be sorted, and they were very quickly. I was happy about that.

MLG didn't have brackets for the last event, but they were here for this event, and I think that was really awesome. Also replays released very shortly was really good too. I'm not sure if there is a replay package (there should be!).

Honestly, as a live viewer, I could not find anything I would want. Everything seems to run fine from my end. I'm sure people will come with the change to the ruleset regarding DCs and the Double-Elim format. I'll let them do that.

Great job as usual.
We talkin about PRACTICE
TedJustice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1324 Posts
October 17 2010 16:52 GMT
#9
I'd just like to emphasize that after day 1, the stream issues were fixed for day 2 and I have no complaints about it from then on. Worked beautifully. But for day 1, it crashed a lot, and had that quality issue.
CheeseGrater
Profile Joined August 2010
United States290 Posts
October 17 2010 16:55 GMT
#10
I was at the event and had an awesome time! After playing RTS for many many years, it was really exciting to see this much excitement and professionalism for Starcraft 2. I just have a couple of suggestions.

1) Allow bottles of water in the venue. I can understand no other brands of soda, but players need their water, and sometimes there isnt enough time to leave the place and come back between rounds. Pretty much everyone had to sneak in bottles of water in their backpacks.

2) Pressure Blizzard into LAN. The entire second day and some of the first day were pretty laggy.( I know this one is a long shot)

3) Sound proofing. I was in the crowd after I lost in the tournament, and I really couldn't hear anything the announcers said. I think only the people in the middle of the actual seats could hear. Also the players could hear the crowd pretty easily when the cheared, etc.

Other than that everything went great and thanks for hoping such an awesome event. Hope you guys come back to this area in the future
StarBrift
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden1761 Posts
October 17 2010 16:57 GMT
#11
All in all it was very good but I'd like to have seen 3 days of play instead of two, or maybe more games the first day. Also a bo5 finals would have been better imo.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
October 17 2010 16:58 GMT
#12
honestly the only thing i can think of as a live spectator is that the features (taped stuff w/ eg, post-game interviews) were not audible, and obviously better seating would be nice^^

oh there was 1 other thing i suggested to the ref in blue who wasn't asian: a big bracket (like a whiteboard or a big poster or something), continuously updated that both players and spectators can see. kind of ridiculous that the only ones who know the bracket are the head ref and people with computer access.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
BadWolf0
Profile Joined September 2010
United States300 Posts
October 17 2010 17:00 GMT
#13
Hello,
MLG was my first esports event, and starcraft II is my first RTS/really any game I enjoy competitively other then smash melee a long time ago (wish I had actually tried competing before Brawl went public.) Anyways I LOVED MLG I was jokingly telling my friends now I understand why people watch football. 2 (simple) thoughts:

- Noise Cancelling Headphones? I know a lot of people have commented on the crowd. I thought it was GREAT when everyone started chanting and definately added a lot to the experience. "Time Machines" korean style are definately expensive but noise cancelling headphones don't seem to be too bad, especially if you only got two for the important 1v1s. The seperate room idea seems cool but I actually reall yliked walking over and seeing the people play. Obviously the headphones wouldn't get rid of all sound but at least it would mitigate the problem without being crazily expensive.

- Commentator volume. I could not hear them at all (I was sitting retty near the speakers)I LOVE DAY9. I really wanted to hear him because he's a great commentator and helps people like me understand whats going on when we might miss implications. I figure the volume was low because of the players hearing it but noise cancelling headphones would allow both of these problems to be fixed.

Both those things being said I had an AWESOME time and I think it was really cool that you guys made it free to just walk in and watch. I will defiantely be at any future events in the area and would def pay a small fee for a ticket if it meant the above changes were implemented (hell I'd probly do it anyways.) Thanks for putting on a great event
All hail the Queen!!!
BamBam
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
745 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 17:04:48
October 17 2010 17:01 GMT
#14
COMMENTARY
I thought the Day9 and DJ commentary was excellent, with Sean bringing in the sc2 knowledge and hype while DJ brought up perfect questions to ask while being very motivated himself while you JP were on the floor dealing with interviews. I personally thought this was a much better improvement over the last commentary group.

STREAM
through both day 1 and 2, the stream seemed in both HD and Standard to be blocky. Not sure if this was due to in-game settings or some other factor, but definitely something to look into. Day 2 was however a lot better then the first day.

OTHER
Honestly, there were a few times I wouldn't much care to see a player's face/reaction in-game with their pic displayed at the lower right, as this does remove some intel for players (IE what upgrade does that unit have?) perhaps keep it for say, the first 5 minuets, then periodically put it back up to get their reactions in certain points in the game momentarily.

Oh, and I loved how you uploaded the replays on-demand for fans, great feature to have available :D (that mothership rush deserved a second viewing), but would like the brackets to be more RSS friendly, as there were times they wouldn't be updated for quite some time.

Oh, and perhaps something to look into, maybe noise canceling headphones for crowds? I mean for early stages in the game the crowd doesn't matter to much due to how many games are going on, but when theres only say, 3 left, the crowd could often give a big hint as to whats going to happen (IE cheers in 2 minuets would single proxy or cheese of some kind, or in huk's case a mothership rush)
"two is way better than twice as one" - artosis
Shalawah
Profile Joined August 2010
United States6 Posts
October 17 2010 17:01 GMT
#15
Either updating the brackets at a more regular rate or displaying an updated bracket on the stream would be really great for those at home. If I had to step away from the computer for a period of time it was tough to come back and catch up.
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
October 17 2010 17:01 GMT
#16
Get booths. The situation in Huk vs Select was absolutely horrendous.

1) Show the game, obviously.
2) Players should not be able to see or hear the crowd in game.

Also, DJ Wheat is ridiculously awesome. More of him plz!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Ghad
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway2551 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 17:07:03
October 17 2010 17:03 GMT
#17
Information policy during troubles times
Obviously the hours long delay on day 1 was a bad thing. But the lack of information during this period just made the whole situation worse. At one point the Team Liquid Twitter was the only source of info coming out of DC.

Everyone understands that technical problems can happen, but you need to be prepared to put up some information in realtime when it happens, so that we dont have to spend hours idly pressing F5.

Booths
Other than that, I think you need to get player booths for the finals. The whole audience interaction with Huk and Select made for some comedy, but it didnt really seem very professional, I would never expect to see something like that on GSL.

Casters
You, Day[9] and Wheat did a GREAT job casting. I loved the way you called out QxC's missile against Idra the second it started building, and you worded the whole thing really well too! Kudos.

Rules
The extended series rule needs to go. You should have the mindset that when a player is starting a match, he has deserved his spot, and no further punishment is needed.

Live reporting
The bracket web didn't work too well, and many results were wrongly reported during the whole event, that is just sloppy.

Interviews
More of those! There was quite some dead time between matches, interviews here would be great. I really enjoyed those you had. Why not send the players over to the commentators table?
forgottendreams: One underage girl, two drunk guys, one gogo dancer and starcraft 2. Apparently just another day in Europe.
Yrq
Profile Joined August 2010
Iceland88 Posts
October 17 2010 17:05 GMT
#18
Great event all in all, something you should/could improve;
1. more seating for your audience, I'm amazed by the people that just stand there for the whole event..
2. Something more visual than just a tiny banner saying names and how the games went, showing the brackets on air, talking about them while watching the brackets, it would feel less like your filling empty air and more like its scheduled and it would give alot more to the viewer than just "this guy won this guy".
3. Get booths or sound-cancelling headphones for the top 8 atleast.
4. More interviews, like in raleigh.
5. more iNcontroL
FreezerJumps
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada653 Posts
October 17 2010 17:05 GMT
#19
1. Excellent casting. You and wheat are the only of day9's recent cocasters who he seemed to not just want to talk over. Please do not bring back HD and Husky. The three of you all did a very good job.

2. The commercials were fine, because I understand why they're there. But during the "other" breaks, during which we were shown the crowd or a logo for 10-20 minutes, it would be nice to have a timer or a countdown of some kind so that we know approximately when the next game will be coming on. If I have 20 minutes to kill, I'd like to know about it.

3. When the game starts, please show the game. It's really frustrating at times that the cameras stay on the players a good minute or two into the game.
Goggalor
Profile Joined August 2010
United States310 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 18:26:11
October 17 2010 17:06 GMT
#20
Before I criticize, I want to express my gratitude for what you did. Without events like this, I would be left with youtube commentary of ladder matches. This event was CRAZY entertaining for me! I was glued to my computer the entire time. So many big names, and epic epic games! Being able to hear crowd cheers was great, and if you have an MLG in San Fran, I am totally buying a ticket.

1) No losers bracket until the winners is over, please. With so many top level competitors, we really don't want to see people who just lost, we want to see some of the other big names play.

2) I really didn't like how you had the grand finals set up as the winner of the losers bracket playing the winner of the winner's bracket. This creates an opportunity where someone who was beaten earlier can take the whole tournament, where ideally we want the undefeated player to take the whole tournament. This is easily accomplished by holding the winner's bracket finals for the last game, and having the losers bracket finals be the battle for 3rd.

3) Ditch the extended series. When players rematch later in the losers bracket, it should be a new bo3, not a continuation of the previous series in a new bo7.

4) More Day9 + DJWheat. Try getting PSYstarcraft and see how he does. If Tasteless and/or Artosis is in the country, get them. Oh, and you guys did a great job making day9 look so sharp. Just get someone to fix his hair once and awhile.

5) Issues with fans at event and sound.
A) The fans there need to be able to hear the commentary.
B) The players should not be able to hear the commentary, or the fans.
Solutions would be to put the video screen above the casters, and move the seating there as well.
Have the players area in another room with not fans allowed.
Noise canceling headphones for any game casted.
Sound proof booths.

6) Starting on time. This was a serious fuck up. 2 hours late is not cool at all and a lot of people were really pissed because they planned on having X time block dedicated to watching your streams and felt jipped. To make this situation worse, we had a complete lack of information coming from MLG except for more updates on the time being pushed back further. Very frustrating. Updates every 5-10 minutes would be nice.

7) Also, you really need better people watching over the stream. The HD stream looked horrendous for quite some time. If you are going to be charging people for HD, you need to deliver out of the gate, not on the 2nd day. I think 10 bucks is very reasonable to charge for a good stream, but you HAVE to deliver. I know already I won't pay until after Dallas is over so I can see if you got your issues straightened out.

There were also times when the stream was getting sound from one observer, and video from another. Not a big thing really, but it was pretty distracting and I'm surprised it happened.

Then of course there was the issue with huk vs select game 2, which caused the fan interference.

8) Online updates. The bracket was sometimes incorrect, and often woefully behind schedule. Like, 2 rounds behind schedule. I really did appreciate the links to the replays in the bracket though. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see links to VODs in the brackets as well.

9) Interviews, more of them please! JP did a great job in the field and in the private rooms. If there could have been pre tourney interviews will all the big names, you could show that in between matches please instead of the doritos tent. I think for the finals, the individuals should be brought up to the casting booth to sit down for an extended interview.

10) Mapgirl. I like her, but there were a few moments when the view of the map was not matched up with what she was saying. Not a big deal for most viewers who know the maps (except the unprofessionality of the mistake) but for new viewers who don't know the map, it could be confusing. I also think the camera movement was too fast for those people as well. I think instead of panning around the map, zooming into the feature to talk about it, then zooming out, then zooming into the next would give new viewers a better understanding than the quick panning.

11) VODs. I know they take time and effort (ie: paying someone to do it) to upload, but getting the really epic games up quickly would be wonderful. Everyone really wants to review the huk mothership rush game, and the replay just does not have the electricity of the casted match.

Overall, I loved the games, but was frustrated by the delay in the beginning, stream quality, watching the losers bracket games when I knew other big name games were going on in the winners bracket. The other things are what you can do to make it better, but these were the things that frustrated me.
We are a way for the cosmos to know itself - Carl Sagan
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 84
SortOf 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2311
Shinee 66
sorry 15
NotJumperer 15
HiyA 14
Noble 11
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1451
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 692
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft585
Other Games
summit1g7183
Coldzera 774
C9.Mang0342
PiGStarcraft249
ArmadaUGS34
RuFF_SC231
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick919
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream391
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Lourlo1308
• Rush1197
• Stunt318
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 11m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.