• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7747 users

I am sad

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 21:19:17
June 18 2010 18:43 GMT
#1
My mother has hepatitis. She has had it my entire life.

She also has some sort of mental problems, and she is not honest about it. The mental problems explain for why she treated me so poorly sometimes during my childhood, most likely without realizing it. I know, lots of people have hard childhoods. I was one of those people. I imagine it was the root cause of my anxiety/lonerism/add.

She treats my father cruelly and isn't honest with herself about it. She claims he gets mad at her when in reality it is she that gets upset at my dad. This is very stressful, I feel bad for my father.

I have been living with them while I wait to go into the air force. But, I can't stand for this anymore.

My parents saw a counselor once. The counselor told my mother, in private, that she had issues with her father that she needs to address, and that in turn because of it she has issues with men. She left that counselor, upset, never to go back again.

I told my mom that my parents need to see a counselor again. She said that my father refused to go. This is a straight up lie, it is in fact her that refuses to go. I cannot stand for the way she treats my father anymore. He suffers, and so do I, and so does she. She isn't honest with herself.

I gave her an ultimatum. Either they go see a counselor or I leave and I don't plan on coming back.

She said no. She tried to lay a guilt trip on me, like somehow she can't see a counselor while she has hepatitis because it will harm her or something. Which is clearly bullshit. Things could not possibly become more stressful for her by seeing a counselor.

So I am leaving. I shall stay with my grandmother, who is housesitting for a friend for the next month. Hopefully the air force thing pans out by then, or I really don't know what I will do.

But I won't go back unless she sees a counselor and that is the end of that.

edit: bad news
the woman my gma is housesitting for doesn't want me staying at her house, as she hardly knows me and has a super fancy house. I understand, but im not sure what course of action to take now.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
June 18 2010 18:48 GMT
#2


Wow.

Just...

I feel bad for both you and your mother.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Beyonder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands15103 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 18:51:29
June 18 2010 18:48 GMT
#3
Good luck man. Really nothing more you can do it seems.. Time to do what is best for yourself and live your life? As hard as it is sometimes, you are the 'child'-- not the parent.

For some reason the term 'borderline' came to mind? As well as the book 'A child called it' by David Pelzer (who joined the Air Force too!)

For what it's worth and from what I know: you're doing the right thing
Moderator
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
June 18 2010 18:51 GMT
#4
in my opinion... you should probably let go of your mother, it's never anyone's fault but... you shouldn't have to deal with that type of shit, especially from your mother.

hmm you could also keep trying to help her and your father out...

but, dude! now that i think about it, i don't think a counselor is what she needs, she needs what a counselor is suppose to provide, but not an actually counselor.

I mean... if my parents tried to make me see a counselor i would straight up tell them no
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
June 18 2010 18:51 GMT
#5
Sorry to hear travis. Wish you the best and good luck in the Air Force.

After I joined the military, my whole life changed for the better and I sincerely hope the same happens for you.
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
June 18 2010 18:52 GMT
#6
On June 19 2010 03:48 Beyonder wrote:
you are the 'child'-- not the parent.

yeah that too but... this is going to be a huge crossroads in his life
RumZ
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States956 Posts
June 18 2010 18:53 GMT
#7
I'm sorry to hear about this travis, you are such a wonderful poster on these forums. I hate seeing good people with bad news. I am glad to see you are being proactive about the situation, bud.

Good luck.
Infernus
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway222 Posts
June 18 2010 18:55 GMT
#8
I get sad when I read stories like this I wish you all the best and I hope things get a bit brighter in near future for you and your parents.

I hope you get into that Air Force thingie soon tho, think it will do you some good. It can be really nice to just get away from things when it's at it worst. Especially with cases like this where I guess you could really use a time-out and have other things to trouble your mind with.

Best of luck, cheers.
sup ;o
HaN-
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
France1920 Posts
June 18 2010 18:57 GMT
#9
Don't be sad, SC2 is coming soon. =)

More seriously, i know how parents problems can mess up kids. My advice to you is to focus on yourself, try to manage your daily routine so you don't get to think about your problems too much, and no matter what keep moving forward !
Calendaraka Foxhan
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
June 18 2010 18:59 GMT
#10
Yo even though family ties are probably the strongest bonds of social solidarity, sometimes you just have to be looking out for your best interest. I don't know whether or not you're sad because your mother is ill or because she refused to see a counselor after your ultimatum.

The illness. . I dunno what you can do to improve your mother's health condition.
Your mother refusing to see a counselor you cannot control her and force her.

Thus, just do what's in your best interest (i.e. air force as you mentioned) if air force doesn't work out, have a backup plan. Move out to a bachelor suite or with a roommate and work full-time and just keep in touch with your mother from a short distance. Maybe she will come to realize you were right one day.

Don't feel bad about your childhood, you may have had it bad but I'm sure there are others who've had it worse. You got this far in life and just take it for what it is and be grateful. GL
eXigent.
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada2419 Posts
June 18 2010 19:00 GMT
#11
I feel for you. I also had an extremely rough childhood, as my mother and father both dealt with alcoholism their entire adult lives. The best thing I ever did was get the hell outta there. You gotta stop trying to deal with other peoples lives and problems, and just get out and start living your own. Personally, my stress level dropped from a solid 10 to like a 1. Life has been great ever since. Even if the airforce doesnt pan out, look for a decent paying job in the meantime (construction pays well) and just get out on your own!
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
June 18 2010 19:02 GMT
#12
Just so it's clear, I am 25 years old and only have to be at my parent's house because of mistakes I have made on my own. They are doing me a favor by letting me stay here. My mother is a good person who loves me very much I just wish she could be honest with herself about her shortcomings.
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
June 18 2010 19:03 GMT
#13
I'll pray for you and your family, that things work out
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
nofAcedAgent
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States952 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 19:04:55
June 18 2010 19:04 GMT
#14
I think your Dad is the one that needs to be laying down ultimatums. Sorry to hear man, hope it works out. Im doubly sad to hear your joining the military - your one of my favorite posters good luck with that yo~
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
June 18 2010 19:06 GMT
#15
I hope you have a good future, no one should have to deal with stuff like this : (
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
June 18 2010 19:06 GMT
#16
The military should be fine. I am taking the asvab this coming monday, and if I score 93 or higher(which I expect to) things should go smoothly and I will get a good job of my choice.
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
June 18 2010 19:06 GMT
#17
I'm really sorry to hear that, and I'm glad you're leaving. Seriously I couldn't stand living with someone like that either, I got angry just reading your blog and once she realized that she was treating you badly when you were little and wasn't honest about it.. NOW THAT SERIOUSLY pisses me off. I cannot stand people who lie about the most retarded, random, unnecessary bullshit. If you hadn't said so yourself, I would've said that you should leave that place. I know it feels like you're abandoning your father, but if you seriously can't stand it, get the fuck out. Around 6 months ago I moved out of my grandparents house, since they raised me when I was little... and now I'm living with my mom which is pretty great. My grandma was just... a bitch basically, and once my cousin told me that he agrees, I really wanted to cry because I thought I was the only one who thought she was a bitch. I've known my cousin and kept visiting/hanging out with him since I was 5 and now I'm going to be 20, he's a very decent person and I got so glad he agreed about my grandma, even though I love her, I just can't live with her anymore hahaha. I really want to call your mom a straight up bitch... I really do. I'm sorry you're going through this, it must be hard, and I hope for the best for you!
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
June 18 2010 19:06 GMT
#18
I hope everything turns out alright Travis.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
June 18 2010 19:08 GMT
#19
I understand the frustration that arises from not having a say in what goes on in the house. Especially if a member is acting in a disrespectful way towards one family member. It can tear a family to the point of no return. If it gets too hard being around the house, try taking the laptop to some cafe or library and leave them alone. It usually helps me, so I thought I'd pass the advice along. Hope your mother comes to term with her actions. Good luck
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
June 18 2010 19:13 GMT
#20
That sucks mans. Hope it all works out in the end.

Good luck with the air force though. From following your bodyweight work I'm sure your training will be insanely beneficial.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 258
ProTech154
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 25
CosmosSc2 21
JuggernautJason7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25069
Shuttle 704
Hyuk 168
White-Ra 116
Dewaltoss 101
firebathero 76
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Shine 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9556
qojqva1567
Counter-Strike
fl0m1570
Fnx 829
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1729
crisheroes1385
Khaldor1270
Liquid`Hasu501
Other Games
summit1g3921
FrodaN1550
Beastyqt558
Mlord311
XBOCT289
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0179
QueenE69
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH327
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 18m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 18m
Online Event
16h 18m
FEL
21h 18m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.