• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:10
CEST 18:10
KST 01:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9610 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 637

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 635 636 637 638 639 1431 Next
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 17 2010 15:30 GMT
#12721
I'm still running HP quints on Kassadin and I still have no idea what's a better option (if there is any), hahah.

Siiiiiiiiiigh.

And this is why I've never thought very hard about what runes to use.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Celestial
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States652 Posts
August 17 2010 15:33 GMT
#12722
Man, free heimar weeks suck, just a bit more before I'll finish my second rune page and be done with normal ques. Oh yeah, Weisser Ritter = Celestial
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 15:34:25
August 17 2010 15:34 GMT
#12723
On August 18 2010 00:30 Southlight wrote:
I'm still running HP quints on Kassadin and I still have no idea what's a better option (if there is any), hahah.

Siiiiiiiiiigh.

And this is why I've never thought very hard about what runes to use.

would the flat AP Quints be a good choice? I really have no idea, and I mean, flat HP are always good, they might not be optimal, but they're guaranteed to be passable on all champs.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 17 2010 15:36 GMT
#12724
HP gives me an extra 96 hp of margin for error, but I don't often need it aside from against Ignite (which often takes me down that low, stupid Ignite).

As I mentioned before and mainly to redtooth,

15 AP is like 22 damage on a full spell cycle. Or more "importantly" an extra 10 damage per Q during laning. How significant is that? I don't really know. Assuming I'm pumping out Q on cd that's an extra 60 damage per minute... which is kinda underwhelming personally. Not to mention when you compare that to the extra 96 hp from flat HP it feels significantly weaker and useless.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
August 17 2010 15:39 GMT
#12725
On August 17 2010 23:58 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 23:40 Haemonculus wrote:
Ohhhh god just had a poppy on our team who rushes lich bane before boots. And then... nothing but blasting rods.

1/11/0. AWESOME SOLO Q RITE?

your team isn't the only one with baddies, you have to locate them and then bully them constantly


Yah, I was able to find an adorable feeder twitch to fill up my soulstealer.

But then we had a corki on our team steal golem from me with smite, and then literally deliver it directly to enemy annie. Unbelievable lol.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Fishcakes
Profile Joined May 2010
United States149 Posts
August 17 2010 15:42 GMT
#12726
A page ago you said that you miss the 3% movement speed, so another 4.5% seems perfect for you. Your trading Hp for mobility, which for kass, whom i think relies on positioning a lot, would be a better choice imo.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 17 2010 15:43 GMT
#12727
On August 18 2010 00:42 Fishcakes wrote:
A page ago you said that you miss the 3% movement speed, so another 4.5% seems perfect for you. Your trading Hp for mobility, which for kass, whom i think relies on positioning a lot, would be a better choice imo.


Actually I meant 3% movement speed on smurf account, on which I don't play Kassadin :p

Mspd is tempting (I mentioned it in LP) but I'm actually pondering moving to mpen quint/mark/glyph mp5pl seal and just hammering people with runes + guise on top of RoA.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
August 17 2010 15:45 GMT
#12728
Currently I like Mpen quints on casters... but the early HP is soooo freaking useful early game.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 17 2010 15:58 GMT
#12729
Just played the worst game I've played in a month --
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Deleted User 50491
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
721 Posts
August 17 2010 16:05 GMT
#12730
I was watching some streams and they were in this big huge IRC channel for LoL I was wondering if anyone knew it? I tried searching but did not find anything.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
August 17 2010 16:14 GMT
#12731
On August 18 2010 01:05 Kuo wrote:
I was watching some streams and they were in this big huge IRC channel for LoL I was wondering if anyone knew it? I tried searching but did not find anything.
liquidparty
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
August 17 2010 16:18 GMT
#12732
On August 18 2010 00:58 Shikyo wrote:
Just played the worst game I've played in a month --

we all hv been through this. just go to sleep and play when you wake up. Guarantee things will get better.

riot should implement swap command in ban/pick phase, make things MUCH easier....
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
August 17 2010 16:25 GMT
#12733
On August 18 2010 00:33 Celestial wrote:
Man, free heimar weeks suck, just a bit more before I'll finish my second rune page and be done with normal ques. Oh yeah, Weisser Ritter = Celestial


really? and here i was thinking weisser ritter = white knight
Celestial
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 16:29:54
August 17 2010 16:29 GMT
#12734
No I meant my TL name in correlation to my LoL name, but yes it is White Knight.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 16:34:35
August 17 2010 16:39 GMT
#12735
On August 17 2010 23:30 phyvo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 22:49 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Also I figured out that jungling with Chogath is the fucking sauce, he's able to keep up with and sometimes outlevel the solo lanes plus showing up in a lane with rupture/double buffs means that if you hit an auto-attack or a rupture it's game over for the other champ. Then at level 6 you show up with double buffs/feast and wtf so sick, double kills all over the place. On top of that at 15 minutes I usually have a RoA from jungling and transition into unkillable chogath for the mid push.


How do you do it (build/runes)? I've been testing jungle cho too. Though I'm always pretty high health in the jungle in terms of XP I can only barely keep up with the double lane, nevermind the solo lane. That's why I sort of gave up on it.

I'm kind of new to jungling, but Cho is one of my favorites and I'd love to make jungling with him work when it's possible.

Also, how do you fair when there's other junglers?

Vs other junglers you're usually fine, udyr's probably the biggest threat but if you can get a rupture to cover while you run and scream at him he usually runs off. Xin is hard because he heals and disrupts, so try to use the same strat, rupture cover and scream as it hits to escape with ghost.

Masteries:
1/16/13, improved smite, one point in all the nimbleness-tier, strength of spirit maxed. 3 perseverance, 1 improved ghost, 4 xp boost, 3 meditation and 2 in buff mastery.

Runes are attackspeed marks/quints, dodge seals and cdr glyphs. I've been toying around with some MR/lv too, it's not bad.

Take smite/ghost, buy cloth armor and 5 hp pots and go wraiths -> wolves -> blue buff -> small golems -> red buff -> gank. They never, ever expect the cho gank because nobody does it. Hit either a rupture or an auto attack and it's basically gg. The only time i've ever failed the first gank was last game, they blew ghost, exhaust and flash and we still almost got them.

After that go back to jungle (their side if they don't have a jungler, but your side again if they do) and run around killing stuff. Grab blue again when its up and go for ganks aggressively. One kill or assist will let you outlevel solo lanes sometimes. When you hit 6 go for the rupture/red buff/feast gank which is really, really hard to stop. I usually buy boots and a catalyst at this point. My standard for a Rod of Ages while jungling is 15 minutes. I hit it nearly every time on the dot.

The one thing that sucks about jungle cho is that it takes you forever to get dragon. If you can get a sick gank off at bottom lane you can try to take it instead of taking tower, giving you more gank opportunities on bottom which you totally want because your gank phase is so strong. It's never a bad thing to take a tower though.

For skills, QEQEQR then R>Q>W>E. Spikes are nice for jungling but after a certain point it won't matter and you'll want scream for midgame. If they have an escape artist or morgana sometimes I take w for the first gank instead of a point in e.

But ya you should totally try it it's super fun. End build looks like RoA Merc FoN GA and your call from there. Survivability is good, another rod is good if it's going long (15 minutes after you'd complete it), banshee's for casters, Thornmail for physical, just whatever. Make sure to get an oracles and red/blue elixir near the end if you manage to complete your build. If I wasn't concerned about surviving I'd probably grab a Zhonya's early on as well.

Good luck!

[edit]
Tank jungling is pretty sick too. Basically you get 2 HoGs and treads then get a giant's belt, GA, then finish sunfire. Try to keep your stacks high and blue elixir/golem if you need stack out quickly. You're just the CC/initiation/spell shield when you play this style, and it's really good if you don't have a true tank, because AP Cho really needs a primary tank to do well if you're not completely stomping them. Try to tank for your team and silence the crucial players (vlad, taric, xin, shaco, etc.) while hitting sick ruptures to let your dps and stunners catch up. Feast the carries or anyone that's low and kill/assist/force them to run. If you need more MR get a Banshees, and finish Randuins at some point.

Now go, and rape nubs. [/edit]
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
August 17 2010 16:46 GMT
#12736
Oooo awesome got an eve on our team this time. And she's got teleport.

And she picked eve last. After seeing Xin, Ez, Morg, and Shen on the enemy team.

This'll end well.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 17:11:16
August 17 2010 16:49 GMT
#12737
^ just something to think about for your pre-game jungling setup...

early on, you get a lot more mileage out of armor seals and defensive mastery/harden skin than you do out of dodge seals and dodge masteries. Like, the typical jungling setup I run is always 1/16/13 with armor seals (other runes vary depending on character). dodge setup admittedly scales a little better to the end game, but I find jungling goes much much smoother with the armor setup.

EDIT: I also think that veteran's scars are pretty overrated, I only get 2 in them and I'm honestly thinking about cutting them and 1 point of meditation and going for 15 in utility to get the movespeed boost.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 17:08:03
August 17 2010 17:06 GMT
#12738
[image loading]

Love solo queue, getting carried so fucking hard. Btw the Olaf was around 1100 rating, gg matchmaking too.

EDIT: To give you an idea about the Olaf, he was laning with me and started with vamp scepter and was lasthitting almost solely with Reckless Swing.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 17 2010 17:18 GMT
#12739
On August 18 2010 01:49 Mogwai wrote:
^ just something to think about for your pre-game jungling setup...

early on, you get a lot more mileage out of armor seals and defensive mastery/harden skin than you do out of dodge seals and dodge masteries. Like, the typical jungling setup I run is always 1/16/13 with armor seals (other runes vary depending on character). dodge setup admittedly scales a little better to the end game, but I find jungling goes much much smoother with the armor setup.

EDIT: I also think that veteran's scars are pretty overrated, I only get 2 in them and I'm honestly thinking about cutting them and 1 point of meditation and going for 15 in utility to get the movespeed boost.


I run 1/16/13 on Udyr.
Imp Smite, -5 Physical, Nimble, 3 Meditate, 2 Utility
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
August 17 2010 17:25 GMT
#12740
ah, no strength of spirit, right?
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Prev 1 635 636 637 638 639 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem352
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 352
IndyStarCraft 157
Railgan 73
BRAT_OK 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56680
Shuttle 3355
Horang2 481
BeSt 455
Larva 328
ggaemo 237
Soma 175
Mind 133
Last 92
Dewaltoss 88
[ Show more ]
Sexy 87
Zeus 77
hero 72
Hyun 52
Killer 49
ToSsGirL 34
Aegong 33
Bale 26
PianO 22
NaDa 20
Rock 18
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
qojqva2807
Dendi1598
420jenkins434
Fuzer 146
Counter-Strike
fl0m3604
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1298
Liquid`Hasu1099
MindelVK23
Grubby10
Other Games
singsing1783
FrodaN1221
B2W.Neo955
Beastyqt718
byalli596
Mlord512
ArmadaUGS208
Hui .178
KnowMe128
QueenE69
Mew2King57
CosmosSc2 26
Chillindude21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick801
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 56
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4473
League of Legends
• Nemesis3175
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
• Shiphtur198
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
Replay Cast
6h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 50m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 50m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.