• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:37
CEST 08:37
KST 15:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8035 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 41

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 76 Next
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
August 26 2011 22:33 GMT
#801
On August 27 2011 07:04 Airact wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2011 06:44 ZasZ. wrote:
If you really are trying to play stealthy,

+ Show Spoiler +
there is a vent behind the right staircase on the bottom floor. You can sneak down the stairs without anyone seeing you relatively easily, and move a box to expose the vent. It leads to an access shaft that takes you to another vent which takes you to the room with the hostages. You can go back through the vent to get back to the other side of the room and sneak around the outside to get to the door. You don't need to take down any of those guys.

Yeah I kind of figured it out...
+ Show Spoiler +
...After I snuck past the dudes to the second hacking place. Then I remembered that there were hostages in the mission and started searching. I snuck past the same dudes again to find the hostage room and from the hostage room I found the vent -_-

I must say, the negotiation scene was very intimidating when I played through it.


So far so good, no kills except for the tutorial and only one alarm due to a mis-timed stun but well... I'm not going for the achievements.

This is a very good game if you like anything what it offers.

hopefully people do, it's a damn great game and I could tell because at the end I just felt really awesome about it. All the emails and reports your read throughout the game really develop it and you feel that culminate at the end. Imo that is a sign of a great game that can have a cookie trail of details and info that teases you until everything is revealed later on. Plus the gameplay is satisfying if you can sneak around well.
SpearWrit
Profile Joined February 2011
United States300 Posts
August 26 2011 22:35 GMT
#802
Does an "Alarmed" situation count as an Alarm, or does the "Hostile!" situation count as Alarm like in Metal Gear Solid?
Curious. I may want to replay the game for "Foxiest of Hounds" and "Pacifist"...my current Ghost/Smooth Operator/No Kill playthrough is failing.
"Special Tactics is...make surprise for your enemy, and also...eh, still work." -White-Ra
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 26 2011 22:38 GMT
#803
It's great that they're using achievements properly; as extra-difficult challenges to make you replay, rather than get you to replay until you've tallied 100,000 bad guy kills.
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
August 27 2011 01:51 GMT
#804
Has anyone found a place i can (hopefully legally) buy/download the game soundtrack? I didn't get the collectors edition or w/e it came with, but i really like the subtle audio direction and alot of the music sounds like great music to chill out to.
MutatedMiracle
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada80 Posts
August 27 2011 02:40 GMT
#805
This may be a stupid question but I can't find it. =/

I bought the Augmented Edition off of Steam, but how do I access the soundtrack and the art book?
vek
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia936 Posts
August 27 2011 02:44 GMT
#806
On August 27 2011 11:40 MutatedMiracle wrote:
This may be a stupid question but I can't find it. =/

I bought the Augmented Edition off of Steam, but how do I access the soundtrack and the art book?


I don't have the AE version on but in my ME2 CE the extra content is located in this folder:
Steam\steamapps\common\mass effect 2\Bonus


It might be the same or might not, just have a poke around.
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-27 03:17:30
August 27 2011 03:11 GMT
#807
On August 27 2011 11:40 MutatedMiracle wrote:
This may be a stupid question but I can't find it. =/

I bought the Augmented Edition off of Steam, but how do I access the soundtrack and the art book?


You have to download it first.

Open Steam -> Go to View tab -> Select Tools
[image loading]

Select the Deus Ex Bonus content, right click on it and select "Install Game". My screen shot shows a "Play Game" option instead since mine is already installed.
[image loading]

This applies to all games on Steam that has some sort of bonus content.

靈魂交響曲
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-27 07:35:41
August 27 2011 07:35 GMT
#808
+ Show Spoiler +
Lesser Evil, Cloak&daggers, Talion A.D, Acquaintances Forgotten. What are these achievements? i didn't unlock them so im wondering are they other side quests?
<3 Kim Taeyeon
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
August 27 2011 09:18 GMT
#809
Almost done, got through the third boss. Fucking hate the boss fights in this game, easily the worst part. Defeated the first one straight up but cheesed the second and third.

+ Show Spoiler +
For the stealth boss I got lucky and she got stuck on some geometry, kept spinning in circles but wouldn't attack. I just shot her till she died. For the boss in the muscle looking armor, I wasn't paying attention in Hengsha and got the dumb chip upgrade lol. After about 10 tries I finally beat him. I was on one side of the outer corridor and he was on the other and refused to move; I hid behind cover and shot bursts from an assault rifle a couple at a time, he would do that weird double shotty move but the projectiles were so slow I could just pop behind cover and not take damage. Eventually he just fell over lol. So fucking dumb.
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-27 10:16:51
August 27 2011 10:16 GMT
#810
+ Show Spoiler +
i find all 3 kind of grenades extremely effective against bosses
<3 Kim Taeyeon
Cade
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1420 Posts
August 27 2011 10:21 GMT
#811
On August 27 2011 16:35 iKill[ShocK] wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Lesser Evil, Cloak&daggers, Talion A.D, Acquaintances Forgotten. What are these achievements? i didn't unlock them so im wondering are they other side quests?

+ Show Spoiler +
Yes they are side quests in the Detroit area.
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-27 11:27:09
August 27 2011 11:22 GMT
#812
On August 27 2011 07:35 SpearWrit wrote:
Does an "Alarmed" situation count as an Alarm, or does the "Hostile!" situation count as Alarm like in Metal Gear Solid?
Curious. I may want to replay the game for "Foxiest of Hounds" and "Pacifist"...my current Ghost/Smooth Operator/No Kill playthrough is failing.


I'm wondering the same, I had perfectly avoided most of the situations until one of the side quests in China, but considering at one mission I got troops on me who were alarmed from the beginning I think it either has to do with hostile status OR it's bound to ghost. Not sure though.

Edit: seems like it has to do with actual alarm activated when it's avoidable, so as long as the guards aren't activating it, and you don't trip cameras or lasers or anything it should be okay.
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
August 27 2011 11:25 GMT
#813
Deep into Hengsha atm.

This game is so sick good.
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
August 27 2011 13:05 GMT
#814
Does anyone else have an issue with graphics that manifest itself as tiny dots, like a white noise, on characters faces? It only shows on texture of faces, and it's a bit irritating as they constantly shift all over the face

Here's a capture where you can see these gray dots...

[image loading]
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
August 27 2011 13:51 GMT
#815
On August 27 2011 22:05 Odoakar wrote:
Does anyone else have an issue with graphics that manifest itself as tiny dots, like a white noise, on characters faces? It only shows on texture of faces, and it's a bit irritating as they constantly shift all over the face

Here's a capture where you can see these gray dots...

[image loading]


I dont have this problem. Might be your graphics card
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
August 27 2011 13:56 GMT
#816
Someone help me
The next time I want to play this game, I want to play on decent graphics, not at 800x600 due to my HD2400
What cheap GPU can I get that will allow me to play at 1400x900 with decent settings, and no lag? My budget is ~$100
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
soullogik
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1171 Posts
August 27 2011 16:17 GMT
#817
just finished the first boss and am thoroughly enjoying the game.


definitely has the feel from the original
cant wait to see what else the game has to offer.
young ho
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
August 27 2011 16:37 GMT
#818
Wtf how am I supposed to beat the first boss?! I'm a hacker, I have tranq gun, crosboww and stun gun, should I tickle him with that...:/
Lord_of_Chaos
Profile Joined June 2007
Sweden372 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-27 16:46:33
August 27 2011 16:42 GMT
#819
Just started playing. Is there a way to skip through dialouge? I can't find one, and it's annoying as hell when you reload and talk to someone again.

Edit: Nvm I just found it.
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
August 27 2011 16:44 GMT
#820
On August 28 2011 01:37 Odoakar wrote:
Wtf how am I supposed to beat the first boss?! I'm a hacker, I have tranq gun, crosboww and stun gun, should I tickle him with that...:/


Its very easy to do it like this

Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4378
Leta 1844
Shuttle 1382
sorry 48
ZergMaN 46
Shine 38
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
JimRising 627
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g7347
WinterStarcraft689
Sick182
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
BasetradeTV239
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1415
• Sammyuel 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2216
League of Legends
• Lourlo1106
• Rush1096
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 23m
Patches Events
8h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 23m
OSC
16h 23m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.