• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12596 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 40

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 76 Next
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 17:08:20
August 26 2011 17:02 GMT
#781
Hmmm just got the game ( DVD ), you still have to get steam to do the instal ?

:/

I don't want that garbage ...
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
August 26 2011 17:30 GMT
#782
On August 27 2011 02:02 Boblion wrote:
Hmmm just got the game ( DVD ), you still have to get steam to do the instal ?

:/

I don't want that garbage ...

That is why I decided to get a Skidrow version for this game and the bullshit Steam only policy.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 17:34:49
August 26 2011 17:33 GMT
#783
This piece of junk is crashing when i try to register an account lol.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 18:14:35
August 26 2011 18:13 GMT
#784
Game keeps getting better the more I play it. Very faithful to the original.

On August 26 2011 08:00 ballasdontcry wrote:
damn should've brought more guns with me for the first boss fight.. nearly ran out of ammo lol


All the guns/ammo you need are in the room. I actually didn't even shoot him with guns. I just chucked exploding barrels.

On August 27 2011 02:33 Boblion wrote:
This piece of junk is crashing when i try to register an account lol.


Steam is amazing. Hard for me to sympathize with you.

#1 Kwanro Fan
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
August 26 2011 18:21 GMT
#785
I like to mod.
I don't need that facebook4gamersDRMshop.

Sry.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Cade
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1420 Posts
August 26 2011 18:24 GMT
#786
Just wanted to share the ridiculous awesomeness that is this:


Dear GameStop customer,

Earlier this week, GameStop removed a competitor's coupon from standard edition PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a recent release by Square Enix. We were not aware that the product box would contain this competitor's offer. We regret the events surrounding this title release and that our customers were put in the middle of this issue between GameStop and Square Enix, the publisher of this game. And for this, we are truly sorry.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a free $50 GameStop gift card and a Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-owned purchase. We want to earn back your trust and confidence in the GameStop experience. Please bring in this email and your store receipt or order confirmation from GameStop.com and present it to a Game Advisor.

Sincerely,
Paul Raines
CEO, GameStop




So anyone who bought their PC version of Deus Ex at GameStop, check your email and capitalize!!
Airact
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland366 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 18:52:47
August 26 2011 18:51 GMT
#787
Holy jesus this game wrecks my nerves. I don't know how that is possible, but it just does.

You are upstairs
There are 4 dudes patrolling down
The only routes towards your destination is through stairs which are in plain sight
There are cardboard boxes around
You throw a box at your feet
(Through testing I managed to get the attention of only one of the dudes by just grabbing a box and throwing it at my feet)
He comes at you, while you are in cover
You jump at him and try to ambush him with the Stun Gun before he can alert his friends
You miss
GG

My nerves T_T

I mean I could just do it again and not miss, but throwing a box at my feet knowing that only one dude hears it kinda feels like exploiting the AI more than anything else.

I'll try to figure it out once I calm my nerves.

A relatively meaningless spoiler from the first mission:
+ Show Spoiler +
The scenario being in the first large room after the first hack


Can you takedown a dude you are facing at but he doesn't know your presence?

g.e. You jump from cover at a dude and attempt a takedown right before his reaction kicks in. I want to know this because there is no quarantee he will just go past a dude behind an obstacle who would be completely visible if you would look 5 degrees to the right.

Also, if you want to ask:
Yes I'm going non-lethal(Stun Gun).
Yes I'm playing Give me Deus Ex aka the hardest difficulty.
Yes it's my first playthrough.
Yes it's my first time trying to go stealthy in any game ever.
Yes I want the challenge.

For the note: Please don't ask me to play any horror games and stream them just because I wreck my nerves from even this game -_-
No, I don't stream/upload my game footage although I have found it interesting to at least try.
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
August 26 2011 19:01 GMT
#788
frontal take downs always result in you being discovered
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
August 26 2011 19:09 GMT
#789
On August 26 2011 14:40 Hakker wrote:
According to the page now .1% has completed the pacifist achievement.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/DXHR/achievements

It must take a while to update though, because by the time you had made your post I had already beaten the game on deus ex difficulty, so it couldn't have been 0%.


The game screwed me over on that one. I didn't kill anyone for the duration of the game (not even during the tutorial mission), but I happened to knock out some guy who then fell into sewer sludge. I later discovered that counts as a death.
Nebula
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
England780 Posts
August 26 2011 19:22 GMT
#790
Well, game runs OK for me once i get in but the beginning amd logo movie is laggy/stutters and all the in game prerecorded movies lag, as well as the tutorial videos. Searched around for a fix on forums but no luck on anything so far.

I always regret buying games on launch but i still do it :\
<3
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
August 26 2011 19:24 GMT
#791
For me it's totally wayne if the game runs laggy sometimes or the loading times are horrible. Game is pure fun and fascinate!
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 19:35:26
August 26 2011 19:35 GMT
#792
Finally got it. Can't believe people complained about load times...quickload takes max of 6-10 seconds. I do have a beast of a machine but still...

Great games so far. Still can't decide whether I want to play as a stealthy hacker or just go all guns blazing.
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 19:39:33
August 26 2011 19:37 GMT
#793
On August 27 2011 04:35 Odoakar wrote:
Finally got it. Can't believe people complained about load times...quickload takes max of 6-10 seconds. I do have a beast of a machine but still...

Great games so far. Still can't decide whether I want to play as a stealthy hacker or just go all guns blazing.


It just got updated with a patch last night. If you played anywhere from Tuesday-Thursday, you would have had to put up with 20-30s load times.

I'm just winging it at the moment. Exploring all of the different routes, trying all the weapons and simply living with the stupid mistakes I make, so I can learn how to play through better when I play it again.

26 hours in (according to Steam) and can't wait to get back into it.
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
August 26 2011 19:38 GMT
#794
On August 27 2011 03:24 Cade wrote:
Just wanted to share the ridiculous awesomeness that is this:


Dear GameStop customer,

Earlier this week, GameStop removed a competitor's coupon from standard edition PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a recent release by Square Enix. We were not aware that the product box would contain this competitor's offer. We regret the events surrounding this title release and that our customers were put in the middle of this issue between GameStop and Square Enix, the publisher of this game. And for this, we are truly sorry.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a free $50 GameStop gift card and a Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-owned purchase. We want to earn back your trust and confidence in the GameStop experience. Please bring in this email and your store receipt or order confirmation from GameStop.com and present it to a Game Advisor.

Sincerely,
Paul Raines
CEO, GameStop




So anyone who bought their PC version of Deus Ex at GameStop, check your email and capitalize!!



Anyone who bought a game at Gamestop should go and tell them to fuck themselves with their gift card. Can't believe a company would instruct their employees to open the game boxes, remove the coupon that a customer should be getting with a purchase of the game, and then sell the game as a new, 'unopened' one.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
August 26 2011 19:40 GMT
#795
Not disappointed so far a few hours in, haven't had any lag issues even though I'm on an older PC, did disable anti-aliasing before I started playing though, might not even make a difference.

Facial animations are really awful and graphics outdated a bit and voice acting hasn't been very impressive yet but these are minor things to whine about and don't really disrupt the gaming experience. WTB more inventory space though and putting a dozen hackable PC's in one room is bad game design imo. :<

Also I'd recommend people to take the stealthy approach, you can always go play insert random mediocre FPS game if you want shooting.
Icx
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Belgium853 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 19:53:34
August 26 2011 19:52 GMT
#796
On August 27 2011 04:40 Vaelone wrote:
Not disappointed so far a few hours in, haven't had any lag issues even though I'm on an older PC, did disable anti-aliasing before I started playing though, might not even make a difference.

Facial animations are really awful and graphics outdated a bit and voice acting hasn't been very impressive yet but these are minor things to whine about and don't really disrupt the gaming experience. WTB more inventory space though and putting a dozen hackable PC's in one room is bad game design imo. :<

Also I'd recommend people to take the stealthy approach, you can always go play insert random mediocre FPS game if you want shooting.


Ye there are lot's of small things here and there.

Couple of things I noticed:
-Altough the game generally looks good, the graphics have this sort of slightly outdated feel
-Lots of the same models being repeated, so you can see 1 security guard 5 times
-Characters are very "wiggly" during conversations
-Animations aren't always that good, especially the lipsync.

But in reality, they are just such a small things, that it is really nitpicking, , but the game does a really good job of sucking you in to it's world that in the end you don't care to much about it.

It's definatly a very good game and everyone who is even remotely interested in this type of game should give it a go, not "best game of all time" kind of thing, but the quality of the game is definatly tons and tons higher then your usual game these days.

Personally I'm going a mixed approach (playing on the hard difficulty, not the deus ex one, but the one before that), generally stealthing, but when I need it I'll take them out (usually sniper rifle from a safe location since that will generally just put them on alert if they can't find you immediatly, silenced handgun 10mm thing) and the dart/sleep gun thing).

Altough I'm using the last one less and less, since if I want to take something out at range, it's usually because someone else is close or there are camera's, and the guy falling down attracts attention that I don't want.
In that situation I might as well kill him if I really need him down since the darts are much more sparcer then the 10mm bullets, and if he is in a safe location I'd rather go and take him out with a takedown and immediatly drag him away. (never really had any battery problems anyway).
Kinda wished I had taken the taser instead at the start.

ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
August 26 2011 21:24 GMT
#797
A really hilariously stupid way to kill the first boss is this:
Chuck 2 nades at him to soften him up, and then chuck an emp nade to stun him. While he's stunned run up to him and start stun gunning him. After about 10 shots (depending on how much damage you did with nades) he dies.
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
August 26 2011 21:44 GMT
#798
On August 27 2011 03:51 Airact wrote:
Holy jesus this game wrecks my nerves. I don't know how that is possible, but it just does.

You are upstairs
There are 4 dudes patrolling down
The only routes towards your destination is through stairs which are in plain sight
There are cardboard boxes around
You throw a box at your feet
(Through testing I managed to get the attention of only one of the dudes by just grabbing a box and throwing it at my feet)
He comes at you, while you are in cover
You jump at him and try to ambush him with the Stun Gun before he can alert his friends
You miss
GG

My nerves T_T

I mean I could just do it again and not miss, but throwing a box at my feet knowing that only one dude hears it kinda feels like exploiting the AI more than anything else.

I'll try to figure it out once I calm my nerves.

A relatively meaningless spoiler from the first mission:
+ Show Spoiler +
The scenario being in the first large room after the first hack


Can you takedown a dude you are facing at but he doesn't know your presence?

g.e. You jump from cover at a dude and attempt a takedown right before his reaction kicks in. I want to know this because there is no quarantee he will just go past a dude behind an obstacle who would be completely visible if you would look 5 degrees to the right.

Also, if you want to ask:
Yes I'm going non-lethal(Stun Gun).
Yes I'm playing Give me Deus Ex aka the hardest difficulty.
Yes it's my first playthrough.
Yes it's my first time trying to go stealthy in any game ever.
Yes I want the challenge.

For the note: Please don't ask me to play any horror games and stream them just because I wreck my nerves from even this game -_-
No, I don't stream/upload my game footage although I have found it interesting to at least try.


If you really are trying to play stealthy,

+ Show Spoiler +
there is a vent behind the right staircase on the bottom floor. You can sneak down the stairs without anyone seeing you relatively easily, and move a box to expose the vent. It leads to an access shaft that takes you to another vent which takes you to the room with the hostages. You can go back through the vent to get back to the other side of the room and sneak around the outside to get to the door. You don't need to take down any of those guys.
Airact
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland366 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 22:05:37
August 26 2011 22:04 GMT
#799
On August 27 2011 06:44 ZasZ. wrote:
If you really are trying to play stealthy,

+ Show Spoiler +
there is a vent behind the right staircase on the bottom floor. You can sneak down the stairs without anyone seeing you relatively easily, and move a box to expose the vent. It leads to an access shaft that takes you to another vent which takes you to the room with the hostages. You can go back through the vent to get back to the other side of the room and sneak around the outside to get to the door. You don't need to take down any of those guys.

Yeah I kind of figured it out...
+ Show Spoiler +
...After I snuck past the dudes to the second hacking place. Then I remembered that there were hostages in the mission and started searching. I snuck past the same dudes again to find the hostage room and from the hostage room I found the vent -_-

I must say, the negotiation scene was very intimidating when I played through it.


So far so good, no kills except for the tutorial and only one alarm due to a mis-timed stun but well... I'm not going for the achievements.

This is a very good game if you like anything what it offers.
Kuhfighter
Profile Joined October 2010
7 Posts
August 26 2011 22:19 GMT
#800
Any1 interested in optaining the Augmented Edition? Ive got a spare Steam key to sell.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19096
Calm 2125
Shuttle 324
White-Ra 189
Mini 168
ZZZero.O 132
firebathero 73
soO 11
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1520
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5038
Liquid`Hasu646
Other Games
summit1g6790
Liquid`RaSZi2219
FrodaN2072
fl0m1322
crisheroes308
IndyStarCraft 247
Pyrionflax221
Livibee184
Mew2King56
ToD10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick928
BasetradeTV194
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 30
• musti20045 1
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1383
• Shiphtur690
• WagamamaTV372
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 11m
Replay Cast
2h 11m
OSC
15h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.