• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:21
CEST 14:21
KST 21:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7119 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 38

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 76 Next
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
August 25 2011 06:33 GMT
#741
On August 25 2011 02:04 mastergriggy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 14:32 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Heard the ingame loading times are horrible. Any truth to that? I seriously hate loading screens.


oh yeah they are pretty bad. There aren't too many loading screens, but it takes literally a minute or more for them.

560TI i5 2400, takes maybe 20 seconds at most. Bearable for me, and I'm trying not to alert/kill people so I reload all the time.
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
August 25 2011 06:43 GMT
#742
I'm playing on lowest due to bad GPU, loading takes ~15 seconds
Having played the leak, Detroit is so far a breeze, but damn it feels good to be back in the field
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
August 25 2011 06:51 GMT
#743
+ Show Spoiler +
walked into the first boss chamber (barret) with only a tranq gun to my name for real weapons. Luckily I'd been lugging around a rocket launcher to sell and chipped him down with three missiles before the real fight started, otherwise I dunno how I would have killed him. In fact, I actually didn't. He stood on his own grenades and died before I did, so that was nice of him On the plus side, it means I actually haven't killed anyone in the course of the game yet, barring the soldiers at the very start. Such a saint
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
August 25 2011 07:27 GMT
#744
If you check the global stats for Steam achievements for DXHR, you'll see that 0% have completed DX at highest diff, 0% have finished without killing a single person, 0% have completed without setting off any alarms

Interesting, thought someone would have done it.
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
TMStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia686 Posts
August 25 2011 07:33 GMT
#745
Anyone know how to skip all the annoying intro videos? Looked around in the Deus Ex folder for an .ini file to edit but there's nothing there.
||
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
August 25 2011 07:52 GMT
#746
you can hit esc during most cutscenes and it gives you an option to skip them
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
LoveSponge
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia237 Posts
August 25 2011 08:07 GMT
#747
Not sure if posted but:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/jtnis/deus_ex_human_revolution_mouse_acceleration_fix/

Get rid of mouse accel. I can't stand it so it was really helpful.
TMStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia686 Posts
August 25 2011 09:52 GMT
#748
On August 25 2011 16:52 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
you can hit esc during most cutscenes and it gives you an option to skip them

Oh hey mate, hope you are doing well

But yeah I meant the intro videos (where the various company logos pop up every time you start the game).

-novid doesn't work either, but then that was a bit of stretch.
||
vrok
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden2541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 10:17:12
August 25 2011 09:55 GMT
#749
On August 25 2011 16:27 DisaFear wrote:
If you check the global stats for Steam achievements for DXHR, you'll see that 0% have completed DX at highest diff, 0% have finished without killing a single person, 0% have completed without setting off any alarms

Interesting, thought someone would have done it.

I have completed it at highest difficulty actually, but because of using a VPN and offline mode in order to play the game on Tuesday instead of Friday here in Europe it didn't want to register when I went back online for some reason.

Edit: Oh, just went online with the VPN and it registered this time. It still says my playtime is 0.1 hours though haha.
"Starcraft 2 very easy game" - White-Ra
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
August 25 2011 16:23 GMT
#750
This made me laugh - It's not a story spoiler or anything, just a sweet easter egg

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961802230/screenshot/594694818196068463?ref=nf
SnowK
Profile Joined June 2011
United States245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 16:59:06
August 25 2011 16:58 GMT
#751
On August 26 2011 01:23 HackBenjamin wrote:
This made me laugh - It's not a story spoiler or anything, just a sweet easter egg

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961802230/screenshot/594694818196068463?ref=nf


+ Show Spoiler +
I like how the DRB graffiti looks like a Sims diamond.
"Its like someone went 'What does protoss need.... I know, more ways to be an obnoxious cunt'" - Liquid`Jinro
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
August 25 2011 20:20 GMT
#752
On August 25 2011 15:51 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
walked into the first boss chamber (barret) with only a tranq gun to my name for real weapons. Luckily I'd been lugging around a rocket launcher to sell and chipped him down with three missiles before the real fight started, otherwise I dunno how I would have killed him. In fact, I actually didn't. He stood on his own grenades and died before I did, so that was nice of him On the plus side, it means I actually haven't killed anyone in the course of the game yet, barring the soldiers at the very start. Such a saint


This game has disgusting boss fights, no matter what your play style is. On the highest difficulty you are guaranteed to be one shot if you are caught unawares. I wouldn't be so contrary to the idea if only the bosses themselves weren't so incredibly resilient. It just doesn't make sense for them to take that much more damage than you. I've ended up running around and taking pot shots at them for an hour for the third time in a row. This time I've actually run out of ammo. What the fuck, Eidos?
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
August 25 2011 20:39 GMT
#753
Question about a side quest in China:

+ Show Spoiler +
For Malik's side quest, it seems like the only way to get into the boyfriends apartment is to have level 3 hacking. Am I wrong?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
August 25 2011 21:31 GMT
#754
On August 26 2011 05:20 procyonlotor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 15:51 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
walked into the first boss chamber (barret) with only a tranq gun to my name for real weapons. Luckily I'd been lugging around a rocket launcher to sell and chipped him down with three missiles before the real fight started, otherwise I dunno how I would have killed him. In fact, I actually didn't. He stood on his own grenades and died before I did, so that was nice of him On the plus side, it means I actually haven't killed anyone in the course of the game yet, barring the soldiers at the very start. Such a saint


This game has disgusting boss fights, no matter what your play style is. On the highest difficulty you are guaranteed to be one shot if you are caught unawares. I wouldn't be so contrary to the idea if only the bosses themselves weren't so incredibly resilient. It just doesn't make sense for them to take that much more damage than you. I've ended up running around and taking pot shots at them for an hour for the third time in a row. This time I've actually run out of ammo. What the fuck, Eidos?

Don't play on highest difficulty then?
craz3d
Profile Joined August 2005
Bulgaria856 Posts
August 25 2011 22:03 GMT
#755
On August 26 2011 05:20 procyonlotor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 15:51 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
walked into the first boss chamber (barret) with only a tranq gun to my name for real weapons. Luckily I'd been lugging around a rocket launcher to sell and chipped him down with three missiles before the real fight started, otherwise I dunno how I would have killed him. In fact, I actually didn't. He stood on his own grenades and died before I did, so that was nice of him On the plus side, it means I actually haven't killed anyone in the course of the game yet, barring the soldiers at the very start. Such a saint


This game has disgusting boss fights, no matter what your play style is. On the highest difficulty you are guaranteed to be one shot if you are caught unawares. I wouldn't be so contrary to the idea if only the bosses themselves weren't so incredibly resilient. It just doesn't make sense for them to take that much more damage than you. I've ended up running around and taking pot shots at them for an hour for the third time in a row. This time I've actually run out of ammo. What the fuck, Eidos?


I'd say you're likely to die within a few seconds if you have a whole room of soldiers on alarm as well . Maybe upgrade the aug that decreases damage taken?
Hello World!
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
August 25 2011 22:17 GMT
#756
The boss battles just clash with the rest of the gameplay. The game actively encourages you to play stealthy and light and NOT use big bad ass weapons which draw attention to yourself. the boss battles force you to come prepared with good guns and ammo plus grenades and whatnot. I dont really mind leaving room in my inventory for a couple big guns but I feel like I shouldnt need to.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 22:20:30
August 25 2011 22:20 GMT
#757
On August 26 2011 05:20 procyonlotor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 15:51 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
walked into the first boss chamber (barret) with only a tranq gun to my name for real weapons. Luckily I'd been lugging around a rocket launcher to sell and chipped him down with three missiles before the real fight started, otherwise I dunno how I would have killed him. In fact, I actually didn't. He stood on his own grenades and died before I did, so that was nice of him On the plus side, it means I actually haven't killed anyone in the course of the game yet, barring the soldiers at the very start. Such a saint


This game has disgusting boss fights, no matter what your play style is. On the highest difficulty you are guaranteed to be one shot if you are caught unawares. I wouldn't be so contrary to the idea if only the bosses themselves weren't so incredibly resilient. It just doesn't make sense for them to take that much more damage than you. I've ended up running around and taking pot shots at them for an hour for the third time in a row. This time I've actually run out of ammo. What the fuck, Eidos?


I got lucky lol, Yelena and Jaron both bugged out for me. Yelena spent the entire fight running in one place, so i basically just shot her for a minute straight and she died. Jaron refused to chase me after a while so I was able to trade shots with him without taking any damage.
exKid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom118 Posts
August 25 2011 22:52 GMT
#758
For anyone having loading problems, patch is now out and makes them 10x faster. Also patched the fast diagonal running
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 23:36:56
August 25 2011 22:54 GMT
#759
On August 26 2011 07:52 exKid wrote:
For anyone having loading problems, patch is now out and makes them 10x faster. Also patched the fast diagonal running


http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Oh man the loading time really is a ton better now. ~6 seconds, rather than 20-30.
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 23:04:27
August 25 2011 23:00 GMT
#760
damn should've brought more guns with me for the first boss fight.. nearly ran out of ammo lol
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings203
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 391
ByuN 311
SHIN 151
Railgan 46
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71593
Calm 11519
Rain 2490
Bisu 1455
FanTaSy 867
soO 542
Stork 532
Shuttle 434
Soma 264
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Snow 205
firebathero 188
Last 144
Light 103
Mind 83
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 65
ToSsGirL 43
hero 40
Bale 40
Sharp 37
Trap 36
Killer 32
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 30
Free 28
sorry 24
Aegong 20
Shine 20
yabsab 18
zelot 17
Noble 15
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
IntoTheRainbow 11
Sexy 11
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
Dendi524
League of Legends
Reynor133
Counter-Strike
fl0m1316
x6flipin714
byalli649
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
gofns29385
singsing2187
B2W.Neo573
Pyrionflax244
ToD129
Trikslyr25
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 79
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Response 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
League of Legends
• Jankos3096
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1148
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 40m
OSC
10h 40m
Replay Cast
10h 40m
OSC
23h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.