• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11141 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 36

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 76 Next
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
August 24 2011 04:20 GMT
#701
great game, you can tell the producers wanted to match the original.

question:
+ Show Spoiler +
Is there some magical source of credits I'm not finding? I'm in China, and I've got multiple people asking for 1000, 5000 credits. I've never had that much cash. and if I did, I'd spend it on augments.
it's my first day
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 04:39:30
August 24 2011 04:38 GMT
#702
I'm waiting for the game to finish downloading from Steam. I've been waiting all day to start playing! The general consensus seems to be that it's good, and I'm really stoked to see how this prequel plays into the original story.

Edit: Also, thanks to everyone in this thread for keeping the spoilers contained, very much appreciated
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
August 24 2011 05:16 GMT
#703
On August 24 2011 13:20 myopia wrote:
great game, you can tell the producers wanted to match the original.

question:
+ Show Spoiler +
Is there some magical source of credits I'm not finding? I'm in China, and I've got multiple people asking for 1000, 5000 credits. I've never had that much cash. and if I did, I'd spend it on augments.


+ Show Spoiler +
Hacking, exploring, picking up stuff and side quests are easy money. I had 13000 credits in detroit before i blew 10k on augs
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
August 24 2011 05:32 GMT
#704
Heard the ingame loading times are horrible. Any truth to that? I seriously hate loading screens.
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
Zombo Joe
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada850 Posts
August 24 2011 05:49 GMT
#705
The load times are horrendous.

So far I'm about 2/3 in and I haven't found it very fun. The plot is very weak and the gunfights are very dumb. If you take cover all the AI has stormtrooper aim and if you don't they have aimbots.
I am Terranfying.
agtemd
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada362 Posts
August 24 2011 06:07 GMT
#706
Wow, i've been playing for 14 hours straight
Definitely GOTY. Loading times are horrible which is annoying every time you die. But besides that every is great. There's so much to read, text is crammed into every room. The hacking game isn't a mundane task like the mining mini game in ME2 either. The game does seem to favour stealth over straight combat though, although it might be because my character is configured for stealth and hacking.
9.5/10
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
August 24 2011 07:08 GMT
#707
Good to see people are enjoying the game
Unlocks in 7 hours over here
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
August 24 2011 07:08 GMT
#708
On August 24 2011 14:49 Zombo Joe wrote:
The load times are horrendous.

So far I'm about 2/3 in and I haven't found it very fun. The plot is very weak and the gunfights are very dumb. If you take cover all the AI has stormtrooper aim and if you don't they have aimbots.

yeah, from everything I've read you don't play it for the gunplay, you play it for the story/ambience/side stuff.
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
August 24 2011 08:07 GMT
#709
--- Nuked ---
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
August 24 2011 08:26 GMT
#710
All of the Phase 3 unlocks are out, check it out, some seriously cool stuff
Theres a video of behind the scenes Boss Fight stuff (explanations, art, etc)

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

HOLY, 15 free DXHR codes were given away as the last unlock. On top of that, 45 DX1 codes in total have been given out


http://deusex.com/facebook#
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Seide
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States831 Posts
August 24 2011 08:26 GMT
#711
Very fun game, stealth is very fun and well done, load times not so much.
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 08:31:06
August 24 2011 08:30 GMT
#712
I don't have a problem with the load times as I do not save/reload like an addict.

Breaks immersion anyway.
twitch.tv/medrea
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
August 24 2011 12:23 GMT
#713
Got day off yesterday and played 14hrs straight. Pretty fun so far.

I wish they put in a quick save button the saving and loading is annoying.

Tomatoes, the king of fruits
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 12:28:23
August 24 2011 12:28 GMT
#714
On August 24 2011 21:23 viletomato wrote:
Got day off yesterday and played 14hrs straight. Pretty fun so far.

I wish they put in a quick save button the saving and loading is annoying.



Isn't it F5 and f8?
2 hours left for us
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Am0n3r
Profile Joined April 2010
United States254 Posts
August 24 2011 13:41 GMT
#715
SSD for the save from slow loading times... :D This is my first Deus Ex game and I am truly enjoying it. Only had an hour and a half to test drive it so far, but it seems to me that I need to complete my tutorial before my next play... Reminds me of Original Sam Fisher meets Assassins Creed...
Get comfortable being uncomfortable
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
August 24 2011 14:29 GMT
#716
Load times are indeed rough, but its nothing bad enough to prevent people from buying it.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
August 24 2011 15:03 GMT
#717
Well, my hour is up before I must hit the bed, love it
<3 DX
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
August 24 2011 16:34 GMT
#718
Thanks DisaFear! That saves me a lot of work
Tomatoes, the king of fruits
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 16:47:41
August 24 2011 16:46 GMT
#719
Definitely lives up to the Deus Ex name. I can already see a big plot twist a mile off, but I'm 10 hours in and really enjoying it. It's fun to explore every area, find every entrance you could have used to navigate your way through the area, and remember them for next time (gonna bump up the difficulty and play super-sleuth). Also, strangely enough, you run faster if you run diagonally on the PC version, so that's one of those little old-school tricks you can use to move around faster.

The loading times are a big PITA like others are saying, though. If you want to remain undetected (to obtain the 'Ghost' XP bonus) and are likely to make mistakes, it becomes a chore to have to keep reloading and wait 20-30s a pop to get back in and try again.

And is it just me, or is Adam Jenson voiced by the same guy that played Walton Simons? He's got the whole Batman-esque grunting-voice thing going on.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 24 2011 16:59 GMT
#720
i didn't know this was a stealth game
and i am awful at stealth games...

i'm only on the second mission and
+ Show Spoiler +
wow, i suck. i think i played 3 hours in the police station building alone. it took me like an hour to get in the building.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 301
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
Mini 163
White-Ra 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6136
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu586
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2302
FrodaN1522
fl0m1483
RotterdaM879
olofmeister855
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes295
Livibee229
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1491
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 57m
Replay Cast
2h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.