I made this video because I was curious about mineral boosting when there are more than one worker per mineral patch. I tested 1.0x/2.0x/3.0x workers with no micro, and 2.0x workers with micro to prevent worker wandering. Totally preventing worker wandering is nearly impossible in human matches, but I made this out by playing under extremely slow speed and massive save/load using virtual machine.
Results:
![[image loading]](https://i.imgur.com/yC3Daf2.png)
Obviously the mineral line is fully saturated with 3x workers, because every mineral patch is being mined at any monent. In this video, the #6 mineral patch only needs 2 SCVs, so the 9 mineral patches are fully saturated with 26 workers.
As I tested out, 2x workers (microed) can achive 90% of the max mining speed. This is really insane.
Interesting: when no micro, the first 1.0x(9) workers add 47.4% mining speed, the second 1.0x(9) workers add 25.3%, and the third 1.0x(9, but we only need 8) workers add 27.3%, which contributes more than the second 1.0x workers.