• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:33
CEST 04:33
KST 11:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9164 users

TL Dwarf Fortress Succession Game - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 17 Next All
Iankill
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 01:34:14
May 28 2011 00:34 GMT
#61
Here is the save file for the fortress HorseMurdered.

Excerpts from the Journal of 'Iankill' Ceilingappeared, Lord of the Under Keep.

1st of Granite
I arrived here at Horsemurdered where I will oversee the operations here for around a year.
I first noticed it is quite a nice place filled with food, booze, and plenty of other things a dwarf enjoys.
Although if found its natural defenses lacking, while it has a substantial army there are very few traps making it easy for invaders to breach.
My first order of business is to add cage, and stonefall traps along with make the entrance to our fortress harder to enter by making the path lined with traps and a pit underneath so even if our enemies can avoid the traps they will most assuredly fall into the pit below.

6th of Granite
I've not even been here for a week and there has been a birth under my rule already it is a joyous occasion.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


18th of Granite
One of our brave warriors has reached the rank of Axe Lord.

20th of Granite
More Migrants from the mountain homes have come to our prosperous fortress, the total now stands at 74 dwarfs.


1st of Felsite
Our miners have discovered a cave underground. I've order a underground keep to be built to help us to secure the valuable spider silk, flux stone, and trees that are down here.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


14th of Felsite
Filthy Elven Scum arrives for trading, I trade some stone mugs for a ton of wood and some booze.

16th of Felsite
A small group of goblins arrive to ambush our fortress they are brutally slaughtered by our fortress soldiers.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



15th of Hematite
One of our Children is struck with a fey mood and he takes over a crafts dwarfs workshop,
He has quickly gathered all his materials and started his works.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


16th of Hematite
Dammit all, a Cyclops has been seen outside out fortress I must scramble the military.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

One of our dwarfs Kosoth Theatertomes, attacks him with great fury striking him down quickly without taking any damage, I've given him the title of 'Giant Slayer'
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


22nd of Hematite
The child has finished his project it was a valuable willow harp, although it has no use to any dwarf.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



28th of Malachite
More Migrants have arrived bringing our population up to 84 dwarfs.


15th of Galena
Two goblin ambushes arrive they manage to kill one woodworker that was caught outside before being slaughtered by the army.

16th of Galena
A Third ambush arrives just after the army has finished up with the last two these goblins were butchered like lambs.


5th of Limestone
My mining project has failed I've turned its results into catacombs for our dead dwarfs.

13th of Limestone
My underground keep has captured some troglodytes I shall use them for experiments and practice for our military.


5th of Sandstone
a goblin thief has fallen into the pit below the bridge to out fortress both his legs are broken and he is unconscious, one of our residents has taken to practicing his crossbow skills on him.

17th of Sandstone
There has been another birth in the fortress

19th of Sandstone
More Migrants have arrived I've drafted several into our armies, our total population has reached 90 dwarfs.

26th of Sandstone
We have captured a troll at the Under Keep, I hope someday we can feed our most hated enemy the elves to him.

8th of Timber
Another dwarf has fallen into a fey mood and has taken over a crafts dwarf workshop.

18th of Timber
A Caravan from the mountain homes has arrived for trade I've Traded some of our crafts for foodstuffs and booze.


1st of Moonstone
It is the beginning of winter and I've decided to release command to the next ruler and go
underground to my quarters in the Under Keep. At the end of my rule we have a booze supply of 1500 units and a food supply of a similar amount, along with 90 dwarfs.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
May 28 2011 01:37 GMT
#62
Ok, so I've started playing and this is by far the best fort I've ever seen O.o. We got some real pros around these parts.

As my first order of business I had some dwarves get ready to kill a troll we had caught in one of our cage traps when all of a sudden the trade liaison tells me that we he can establish us as an official land of their realm. Never seen this before wtf do I do?

Nominate a dwarf for some crazy position? say no?

I've got no clue. On the other hand, the troll is proving to be more of a pansy than a fighter, it just keeps running around. Gotta make sure I do that in closed rooms from now on. Yay for live military training.
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
May 28 2011 01:47 GMT
#63
This is a really great read. One of these days I'll download the lazy newb pack and figure out how this game works.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
drivec
Profile Joined May 2009
United States354 Posts
May 28 2011 04:06 GMT
#64
might be cool if the op put each players blog in the first post in spoilers if he didnt mind
starcraft is chess at warp speed
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
May 28 2011 04:07 GMT
#65
On May 28 2011 13:06 drivec wrote:
might be cool if the op put each players blog in the first post in spoilers if he didnt mind

Look closer, he is already linking to each.
It's easier not to.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 28 2011 04:10 GMT
#66
Say yes, we become a barony and we get a bunch of cool noble stuff!

Remember, you're playing roughly a year and a fourth, since the previous player quit early, so you get an extra long turn.

I say once we establish ourselves as a barony we start seizing all the trade goods that come in. Viva la revolution!
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Iankill
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 04:44:04
May 28 2011 04:41 GMT
#67
On May 28 2011 13:10 tnkted wrote:
Say yes, we become a barony and we get a bunch of cool noble stuff!

Remember, you're playing roughly a year and a fourth, since the previous player quit early, so you get an extra long turn.

I say once we establish ourselves as a barony we start seizing all the trade goods that come in. Viva la revolution!

I agree we have enough supplies to last at least a year and the farms and stills that are underground will provide enough to last out any lengthy sieges if we get sealed in our fortress. The only worry is the lack of coal and iron, but I think we can find that deeper underground.
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
May 28 2011 05:03 GMT
#68
so it's decided, I ctrl alt deleted my first little look around since I nearly got a dwarf killed by accident, and accidently hit a key that said no on that window, so I'm starting from the original save tomorrow and my mission is to start up the metal industry.

Also, since it's my turn I'm gonna name the dude I appoint me. Seems like a cool thing to do.

That or I'ma pick an unnamed kickass military dwarf.
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 12:14:39
May 28 2011 12:07 GMT
#69
Be sure to assign the dwarf who loves adamantite and mermaid bones to be our baron. Nothing creates more dramaFUN than unfulfilled mandates.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 28 2011 15:39 GMT
#70
You know, if we get a big enough crew here, we might be able to field a team for the sub forum team league next season... :D

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224516
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
May 28 2011 19:00 GMT
#71
On May 29 2011 00:39 tnkted wrote:
You know, if we get a big enough crew here, we might be able to field a team for the sub forum team league next season... :D

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224516

That would be awesome. Assuming we have enough players on NA

Also, once we go through all the players that want to play I think we should go through the list a 2nd time, but if any new players want to sign up the get put in next or something like that.

For example

player A (played once)
Player B (played once)
New Player
Player C (played once)

Just an idea I had so that horsemurdered will live on for eternity!
gg wp
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
May 28 2011 21:49 GMT
#72
On May 29 2011 04:00 Ulfsark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 00:39 tnkted wrote:
You know, if we get a big enough crew here, we might be able to field a team for the sub forum team league next season... :D

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224516

That would be awesome. Assuming we have enough players on NA

Also, once we go through all the players that want to play I think we should go through the list a 2nd time, but if any new players want to sign up the get put in next or something like that.

For example

player A (played once)
Player B (played once)
New Player
Player C (played once)

Just an idea I had so that horsemurdered will live on for eternity!

Hmm, but after that we should start a new fortress on a terrifying tundra.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
May 28 2011 22:11 GMT
#73
This is looking pretty rad. Bring on the miasma.
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
May 29 2011 04:02 GMT
#74
On May 29 2011 06:49 Fontong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 04:00 Ulfsark wrote:
On May 29 2011 00:39 tnkted wrote:
You know, if we get a big enough crew here, we might be able to field a team for the sub forum team league next season... :D

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224516

That would be awesome. Assuming we have enough players on NA

Also, once we go through all the players that want to play I think we should go through the list a 2nd time, but if any new players want to sign up the get put in next or something like that.

For example

player A (played once)
Player B (played once)
New Player
Player C (played once)

Just an idea I had so that horsemurdered will live on for eternity!

Hmm, but after that we should start a new fortress on a terrifying tundra.



If we had enough people we could potentially do both.
gg wp
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 04:13:49
May 30 2011 03:37 GMT
#75
When is the next update coming?
:3
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 30 2011 04:16 GMT
#76
We are waiting for n3rv. Unfortunately the new rules don't start applying until after he has his turn, soo...

If he hasn't posted by tomorrow I'll open the save up to anyone else who wants to play.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 05:48:06
May 30 2011 04:39 GMT
#77
On May 30 2011 13:16 tnkted wrote:
We are waiting for n3rv. Unfortunately the new rules don't start applying until after he has his turn, soo...

If he hasn't posted by tomorrow I'll open the save up to anyone else who wants to play.

So I would just take my turn then?

Mehh where is that guy. Ok good that he said something, I'm sure that he's preparing an awesome report then. I read the new rules, sounds good.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 30 2011 04:56 GMT
#78
thanks for the updates guys this is a blast to read
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 30 2011 04:58 GMT
#79
He told me via PM he would be posting by tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm sure he'll post, but if he doesn't, yes you will go next fontong. The new rules will apply to you, you should read up on them. They're in the OP.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Brambled
Profile Joined July 2010
United States750 Posts
May 30 2011 09:29 GMT
#80
I really need my DF fix. I cant play the game bc it is confusing as fuck but interesting to read it.

Wish game could be played using stonesense visuals.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1918
GuemChi 1513
Artosis 560
910 72
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Bale 16
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
febbydoto4
Counter-Strike
taco 506
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox530
Other Games
summit1g8204
Doublelift1922
JimRising 583
C9.Mang0372
Day[9].tv331
PiGStarcraft238
Maynarde117
CosmosSc2 21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv331
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 27m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.