• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:17
CEST 13:17
KST 20:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8865 users

TL Dwarf Fortress Succession Game - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
May 25 2011 16:48 GMT
#21
Handleorbs is possibly the best dwarf name I've ever seen or heard. AHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man. I've only played two fortresses on DF thus far, the game is fun!! I might join in once I'm more familiar with all of the further-in stuff, or if there's more succession games in the future. Loving the writeups so far, and holy crap texture packs make this game look so different. Haha. Which is this one you guys are using?
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
May 25 2011 17:20 GMT
#22
On May 26 2011 01:31 tnkted wrote:
I updated the OP with more players and with rawr's post.

Show nested quote +
On May 25 2011 21:00 Dfgj wrote:
Good to see that the fort's starting strong. Which brings me to the next point - the fort is too stable. Horrors must be awaiting it in primal, karmic force.


ooooh yeah. If horrors aren't awaiting, somebody will do something stupid like trying to build a giant magma cannon or something, only to have it fail horrible and melt everyone.

I've accidentally built a magma cannon-thing that jammed and glassed the surface of the entire map, because a falling rock blocked a floodgate that I was trying to use to channel magma with at a bad time.

Took out the carp, though, so the engravers shall forever remember it as a victory.
Alak
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden380 Posts
May 25 2011 18:14 GMT
#23
Sign me up for the succession game!
Amateurish. Nearsighted. A waste of my time and everyone else's.
Dezzimal
Profile Joined April 2009
United States148 Posts
May 25 2011 18:35 GMT
#24
Suggestion: Nickname each and every dwarf after a forum-goer (with appropraite dwarfy last name). Rekrul Busybottoms, Chill Azurelode, Tyler Wasieleski etc...
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
May 25 2011 23:03 GMT
#25
How about after people who post in the DF thread instead :D
Chains none
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
May 25 2011 23:05 GMT
#26
I refuse to play this game again. Watching goblins invade my fortress and slaying my poor dwarves has left an emotional scar on me.

=_=
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
May 25 2011 23:37 GMT
#27
I got a question about those 3d screenshots. Do you actually play the game in 3d ? I downloaded the newby package and I got better skins but the game is still 2d. Is it just some screenshot device or am I missing some addon I should use ?
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 25 2011 23:45 GMT
#28
The 3d screenshots are actually from a visualizer, not from the actual game. The visualizer is called stonesense. You can't play the game in stonesense, but you can look at your fortress, and its great for taking screenshots like we have been doing.

You can learn more about stonesense at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.0

All of the screenies there have actual dwarves running around, although I've never been able to view any myself. I have no idea how they managed to do that.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
SteelCobra
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada18 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-26 00:15:44
May 26 2011 00:12 GMT
#29
Oh god. I wish this was a year old so i can read it all in one sitting >.< I love reading things like this. Great job so far! =D

Not going to lie, reading this makes me want to start playing again. Knowing that I will probally have to lock up the crazies again =D
SpectralFremen
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia386 Posts
May 26 2011 02:36 GMT
#30
Sign me up for please :D
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere"
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
May 26 2011 05:02 GMT
#31
Awesome, nice job guys. I'm looking forward to a lot of !!FUN!! in this...
ArcticVanguard
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States450 Posts
May 26 2011 05:12 GMT
#32
I'm going to have to skip my turn, I'm sorry, but I just got SLAMMED with a metric crapton of school work. I've got so much homework to do, I just don't have time.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 26 2011 13:33 GMT
#33
OK AV, i updated the OP. I bumped you down to the end of the list to give you time to finish. I might end up doing the same for GM who asked to be bumped as well. Kurumi is up next.

I added a few other people to the player list who expressed interest. Remember everyone: you get from spring -> spring or two days, whichever comes first.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
May 26 2011 13:47 GMT
#34
Great.
Well,let's reclaim the fort!
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
May 26 2011 13:55 GMT
#35
Which version and utilities are you using for this one?

Wouldn´t it be better to use a first-come first-served system, where you call dibs after the update and immediately continue with the fortress.
:3
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
May 26 2011 14:02 GMT
#36
Oh man,looking like five minutes intro fortress I am lost already,could anyone explain something else besides obvious things? There's a huge all-stuff stockpile,many rooms and design of fort is weird itself so I think I will drop unless I will get a fortress so big myself @_@
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Iankill
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada109 Posts
May 26 2011 14:07 GMT
#37
On May 26 2011 23:02 Kurumi wrote:
Oh man,looking like five minutes intro fortress I am lost already,could anyone explain something else besides obvious things? There's a huge all-stuff stockpile,many rooms and design of fort is weird itself so I think I will drop unless I will get a fortress so big myself @_@

If you want We can switch turns and I'll see if I can organize it a bit better, and put some notes around the fortress and stuff.
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
May 26 2011 14:09 GMT
#38
The design is rather simple, really. The entrance holds a two-story bunker. First floor is for two melee squads, second is for archers once we get that, and third floor is simply an open statue garden. First floor down holds the other melee barracks, with the second floor down having the civilian common area. The great room in the center is the dining hall, the two offshoots are civilian dormitories. The room just by the entrance is the hospital. The two northern rooms are the indoor farms, with floodgates.

The floor below is the all-purpose crafting area. Each room here is 8x8 (aside from the ones i screwed up <.<) which makes them able to fit 4 workshops, and the center is a superpile for everything, plus a few more limited piles.

Below that, there's a couple levels of stairs, then the lower tunnel chokepoint to help make future expeditions downwards safe.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 26 2011 14:20 GMT
#39
On May 26 2011 22:55 Forumite wrote:
Which version and utilities are you using for this one?

Wouldn´t it be better to use a first-come first-served system, where you call dibs after the update and immediately continue with the fortress.


Ha! Thats a good idea, we'll probably do that next time. For now we're gonna stick to the schedule. When we finish the current list I'll probably open it up to whoever wants to go next.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
May 26 2011 14:22 GMT
#40
Kurumi, if you are confused, just run with it anyway, just do less big changes. As long as you keep up with the usual food-production and deal with ambushes and traders, you can leave the rest. Most things look stable. Some years you don´t need to do stuff, but just let the dwarves hang around and finish up.
:3
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko246
Codebar 14
LamboSC2 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25666
Calm 5288
Rain 2446
Bisu 1050
Hyuk 712
FanTaSy 703
Jaedong 435
Horang2 348
Soma 309
BeSt 253
[ Show more ]
Zeus 221
Stork 219
Rush 200
Larva 180
Mini 150
Light 125
Mong 113
Mind 85
Snow 84
Pusan 80
ZerO 67
910 59
Barracks 46
ToSsGirL 43
Hyun 37
Killer 34
Shinee 34
Free 33
NaDa 30
Sexy 27
sorry 20
Hm[arnc] 19
Noble 13
Sea.KH 13
sSak 11
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5775
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1210
byalli1015
shoxiejesuss614
fl0m28
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns52211
singsing1751
B2W.Neo427
dupreeh360
crisheroes241
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2156
Other Games
• WagamamaTV125
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 43m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.