• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6919 users

Irish Starcraft Players - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Elbonbunny
Profile Joined October 2010
Ireland60 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 23:19:33
May 04 2011 23:12 GMT
#21
On May 05 2011 07:27 paddyz wrote:
Would love to be part of some sort of Irish SC2 community any Irish teams want someone, I want in . I will probably be going to NUIG after the summer, would appreciate it if anyone in Galway could either tell me about the SC2 scene in Galway (if there is any) or help me set 1 up. Always wanted e-sport competition between Irish colleges. Suppose anything that links SC2 or DOW2 with Ireland must be a good thing. I was literally gonna start a thread like this when i stumbled upon this btw...


This is totally doable all you would need to get this started would be find teams in other colleges, I'm on my way out of college this month but if there a starcraft community in Irish colleges the frist place to look would be tipperary institute of technology or TIT, those guy are huge into gaming I think the guy to talk to would be Philip Bourke. They also hold the games fleadh design competition every year for college students.
Do You See!
Jtom
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
May 04 2011 23:20 GMT
#22
I play a lot, but recently school has been getting in the way (@paddyz I live in Galway btw :D)
"Daddy, how did the Protossaurs go extinct?" "A giant EMP hit the earth" - Fionn
Sgany
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom790 Posts
May 04 2011 23:26 GMT
#23
I recently moved to Ireland, myself, I live in Naas curently.
If possible could someone add me on MSN : Sgany@hotmail.co.uk, and help me find out how the education system works, I am currently having trouble finding out stuff about what subject choices are like etc.

my Bnet is savior.256 :D
NaDa <3, MMA <3, Bisu <3,
Elbonbunny
Profile Joined October 2010
Ireland60 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 23:35:20
May 04 2011 23:34 GMT
#24
On May 05 2011 08:26 Sgany wrote:
and help me find out how the education system works, I am currently having trouble finding out stuff about what subject choices are like etc.


My best guess would be to find the local vec and they should be able to tell you how to get into the Irish education system, as for course choices just lookup college website or the CAO to find courses
Do You See!
Sgany
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom790 Posts
May 04 2011 23:36 GMT
#25
On May 05 2011 08:34 Elbonbunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2011 08:26 Sgany wrote:
and help me find out how the education system works, I am currently having trouble finding out stuff about what subject choices are like etc.


My best guess would be to find the local vec and they should be able to tell you how to get into the Irish education system, as for course choices just lookup college website or the CAO to find courses


I Wwill be doing leaving cert I belive it is not college. I am moreless into a school I currrently belive, I just want to know how the subject picking system works so I can start studying now.
NaDa <3, MMA <3, Bisu <3,
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-05 11:10:24
May 04 2011 23:43 GMT
#26
Mandatory subjects:
English
Irish (prolly not if ur from UK originally, you can get off that)
Maths
+1 foreign language (French,Spanish, German etc)
I think you can get away with not having a foreign language but it limits your options a lot.
You can go higher or lower level (aka honours, or pass) in any of these, and any other subjects but basically nobody goes lower in anything else if you want to get into uni aka college.

Then you have stuff like
Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Geography/History/Accountancy/Buisness these are the main ones I think. Some things like Ag. Science and Applied maths are harder to find teachers for.
90-100% = A1 = 100 points
85-90% = A2 = 90 points
80-85% = B1 = 85 points
B2 = 80
B3 = 75
C1 = 70
etc down to D3 at 40%
Maximum points is 600. Generally you'll have 6 or 7 higher level subjects. Of course if you picked higher maths, english, irish ,french, you won't need to do a lot of other subjects. Lower level A1 gives you 60 points and it works down to 5 or 0 for a D3.
Basically anything over 500 is exceptional but you'd want to be around 400 for most courses. The courses that require highest points are around 560 I think. If you want to be a doctor there is a separate logic/problem solving type test and you combine points for it. It's based on supply/demand, if 10 slots are available and 10 people got 600 the cutoff would be 600, but that doesn't happen. You can usually make rough predictions based on what it was last year.

Most courses are based on textbooks which cover all of the material. Past exam papers and marking schemes are available at examinations.ie.

Not sure what you wanted to know but I hope this covers everything and isn't too confusing.
Sgany
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom790 Posts
May 04 2011 23:55 GMT
#27
On May 05 2011 08:43 Slayer91 wrote:
Mandatory subjects:
English
Irish (prolly not if ur from UK originally, you can get off that)
Maths
+1 foreign language (French,Spanish, German etc)
I think you can get away with not having a foreign language but it limits your options a lot.
You can go higher or lower level (aka honours, or pass) in any of these, and any other subjects but basically nobody goes lower in anything else if you want to get into uni aka college.

Then you have stuff like
Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Geography/History/Accountancy/Buisness these are the main ones I think. Some things like Ag. Science and Applied maths are harder to fight teachers for.
90-100% = A1 = 100 points
85-90% = A2 = 90 points
80-85% = B1 = 85 points
B2 = 80
B3 = 75
C1 = 70
etc down to D3 at 40%
Maximum points is 600. Generally you'll have 6 or 7 higher level subjects. Of course if you picked higher maths, english, irish ,french, you won't need to do a lot of lower level subjects. Lower level A1 gives you 60 points and it works down to 5 or 0 for a D3.
Basically anything over 500 is exceptional but you'd want to be around 400 for most courses. The courses that require highest points are around 560 I think. If you want to be a doctor there is a separate logic/problem solving type test and you combine points for it. It's based on supply/demand, if 10 slots are available and 10 people got 600 the cutoff would be 600, but that doesn't happen. You can usually make rough predictions based on what it was last year.

Most courses are based on textbooks which cover all of the material. Past exam papers and marking schemes are available at examinations.ie.

Not sure what you wanted to know but I hope this covers everything and isn't too confusing.


Exactly what I needed :D
Foreign language would be my only issue, as I am trying to learn korean currently, as I have gap year until I start back to at school, but I have never studied one at a high level, I guess if I hda to choose it would be German. Thank you very much sir, now I need to get my hands on these books :D
NaDa <3, MMA <3, Bisu <3,
barth
Profile Joined March 2008
Ireland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-05 00:06:23
May 05 2011 00:03 GMT
#28
On May 05 2011 08:55 Sgany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2011 08:43 Slayer91 wrote:
Mandatory subjects:
English
Irish (prolly not if ur from UK originally, you can get off that)
Maths
+1 foreign language (French,Spanish, German etc)
I think you can get away with not having a foreign language but it limits your options a lot.
You can go higher or lower level (aka honours, or pass) in any of these, and any other subjects but basically nobody goes lower in anything else if you want to get into uni aka college.

Then you have stuff like
Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Geography/History/Accountancy/Buisness these are the main ones I think. Some things like Ag. Science and Applied maths are harder to fight teachers for.
90-100% = A1 = 100 points
85-90% = A2 = 90 points
80-85% = B1 = 85 points
B2 = 80
B3 = 75
C1 = 70
etc down to D3 at 40%
Maximum points is 600. Generally you'll have 6 or 7 higher level subjects. Of course if you picked higher maths, english, irish ,french, you won't need to do a lot of lower level subjects. Lower level A1 gives you 60 points and it works down to 5 or 0 for a D3.
Basically anything over 500 is exceptional but you'd want to be around 400 for most courses. The courses that require highest points are around 560 I think. If you want to be a doctor there is a separate logic/problem solving type test and you combine points for it. It's based on supply/demand, if 10 slots are available and 10 people got 600 the cutoff would be 600, but that doesn't happen. You can usually make rough predictions based on what it was last year.

Most courses are based on textbooks which cover all of the material. Past exam papers and marking schemes are available at examinations.ie.

Not sure what you wanted to know but I hope this covers everything and isn't too confusing.


Exactly what I needed :D
Foreign language would be my only issue, as I am trying to learn korean currently, as I have gap year until I start back to at school, but I have never studied one at a high level, I guess if I hda to choose it would be German. Thank you very much sir, now I need to get my hands on these books :D

Keep in mind language choices are fairly limited:

Arabic
French
German
Irish
Italian
Japanese
Russian
Hebrew
Spanish
Latin
Ancient Greek

There is quite a lot more, but for others it needs to be your first language, so if you're from UK you will be limited to the subjects above, Korean is out unfortunately.

Every subject has a syllabus which dictates the whole structure of the course, you can google some pdfs if you want. Also as Slayer mentioned exam papers from previous years are probably the best study tool once you're familiar with the course, as exams for most subjects have a fairly repetitive structure.
"Somebody you are talking to disappears mid sentence, and the universe shoots you because you talked to someone that wasn`t there." - MasterOfChaos
Vanyd
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland19 Posts
May 05 2011 00:06 GMT
#29
Just to help you study for the exams, and see what they are like.

http://www.examinations.ie/

This has all the Exam papers, and also should have the marking schemes to them as well, if you want to get familiar with subjects you have to take and look at stuff you will be doing for other subejcts that you are thinking of taking
#starcraft.ie on Quakenet, Irish SC2
Sgany
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom790 Posts
May 05 2011 00:29 GMT
#30
Thanks for all the help guys :D as normal the Starcraft community is the greatest bunch of people ever. Sadly the school I am going to does not offer Japanese, so I shall be doing German, atleast then I can talk to TLO :D
NaDa <3, MMA <3, Bisu <3,
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
May 05 2011 00:34 GMT
#31
Theres a good thread on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056243014

that can help point the way too starcraft.ie
Its were most of the sign-ups and knowing other players is found.
Just to let people know.
Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
Vanyd
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland19 Posts
May 05 2011 00:35 GMT
#32
Best of luck dude in Ireland, I found studying for the leaving cert really is down to the pupil and the teachers help very little, its just how focused you are. Also when applying for colleges, really make sure you know the CAO system inside and out.
#starcraft.ie on Quakenet, Irish SC2
Turenne
Profile Joined January 2011
331 Posts
May 05 2011 00:37 GMT
#33
On May 05 2011 05:18 MGHova wrote:
I'll be going to Limerick, also my friend is going to cork, but he doesn't play sc2


Make sure you get a place in O'Malley Park, many consider it the 'Riveria' of Limerick City. Also Knocknaheeny is a charming little spot down in Cork City.

BTW, take in a few Gaelic Hurling matches when you are over here, its about the only worthwhile Irish thing left in this country.
Vanyd
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland19 Posts
May 05 2011 00:37 GMT
#34
On May 05 2011 09:34 Cpt.beefy wrote:
Theres a good thread on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056243014

that can help point the way too starcraft.ie
Its were most of the sign-ups and knowing other players is found.
Just to let people know.



Thats me organising the league. A lot more will come from this, this is just a starting point which will soon follow into www.starcraft.ie which will hopfully boost more Irish Starcraft 2 players.

I am always open for tips and opinions to improve so give me a shout on here/boards/IRC/bnet
#starcraft.ie on Quakenet, Irish SC2
Turenne
Profile Joined January 2011
331 Posts
May 05 2011 00:38 GMT
#35
I'm Feanor 980 if you would like to add me on battle net when you come over.
Sgany
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom790 Posts
May 05 2011 00:39 GMT
#36
On May 05 2011 09:35 Vanyd wrote:
Best of luck dude in Ireland, I found studying for the leaving cert really is down to the pupil and the teachers help very little, its just how focused you are. Also when applying for colleges, really make sure you know the CAO system inside and out.


I plan to go to the UK for university since I am still a UK citizen, or perhaps I may try my luck at going to Korea. I plan to get the highest level in every subject, so I can go to the best possible univeristy
NaDa <3, MMA <3, Bisu <3,
Sullivision
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland1 Post
May 05 2011 00:58 GMT
#37
I was curious about this myself, was not sure on the rules etc regarding the starcraft.ie guys and the league. i went to the boards and it seemed like it had been idle for a bit so was not sure if it was in transition.
Coolbeans
Profile Joined April 2010
Ireland162 Posts
May 05 2011 01:12 GMT
#38
I'm from Dublin , would like to get into this starcraft.ie league , specially since my exams are almost over
Vanyd
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland19 Posts
May 05 2011 08:36 GMT
#39
On May 05 2011 09:58 Sullivision wrote:
I was curious about this myself, was not sure on the rules etc regarding the starcraft.ie guys and the league. i went to the boards and it seemed like it had been idle for a bit so was not sure if it was in transition.


The boards league has turned idle for quite a while, I started up the starcraft.ie league which is certinly not idle. I try and update as much as possable and have given the players all information regarding there group/games to be played with dates.
#starcraft.ie on Quakenet, Irish SC2
Wtfux
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Northern Ireland163 Posts
May 05 2011 08:45 GMT
#40
Will starcraft.ie allow Northern Irish players as well?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 744
actioN 663
BeSt 340
Killer 226
Mong 149
Dewaltoss 127
sorry 69
sSak 39
ZergMaN 35
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Larva 30
Bale 29
NotJumperer 22
ToSsGirL 18
yabsab 16
Noble 12
HiyA 4
Counter-Strike
byalli598
Other Games
summit1g11663
olofmeister965
Happy365
Sick203
crisheroes169
Pyrionflax113
KnowMe112
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick758
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV119
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 55m
Replay Cast
13h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.