• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:31
CEST 14:31
KST 21:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9345 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 43

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 371 Next
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
January 23 2014 23:37 GMT
#841
Juggernaut is really tough. He's arguably the carry with the most versatile "build". And he doesn't even need to carry, he's a very capable mid hero. There are really so many ways to build him, I'm not sure what should be "core" on him. If I were to pick one, I would probably say phase -> drums -> aghanims, I would say that's the most consistent one, probably.
super gg
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
January 24 2014 03:21 GMT
#842
Love the guides. For some reason, some of the guides don't appear in client even though I have subscribed to them. Centaur being the one that comes to mind off the top. Not sure if its just me though.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 24 2014 08:19 GMT
#843
Holy crap, so many responses! I just got to work; so let's go through; huge thanks!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 24 2014 08:37 GMT
#844
On January 24 2014 00:53 synapse wrote:
I just wanna say for brood, your item choice is almost entirely dependent on the enemy team composition. possibilities include necrobook rush, yasha/basher, old orchid rush, etc. If you were to choose a cookie-cutter build, I think orchid/bkb is still probably pretty good.

I actually think quelling blade is really good to start off with since 1) you can cut down the trees on the jungle side to see any roam/gank incoming and 2) it's very possible to get stuck in trees accidentally at the edge of your web while your web is on cooldown.

Vlads is definitely bad (it always has been) since brood isn't a teamfighter so you're wasting the aura.


Vlads removed
Added Basher, Yasha, Necrobook to Situational Items


On January 24 2014 01:57 synapse wrote:
Tusk -- you probably want phase instead of arcanes, even if you're sidelane and don't get bottle. I think medallion is a core on him. Armlet and shadowblade situational.


Removed Battle Fury
Does your ult still work with Shadowblade? I'll add it to situational if so.

I added Armlet to Situational
I put Medallion on core and moved Drums to Situational
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 24 2014 09:01 GMT
#845
On January 24 2014 02:56 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 00:53 synapse wrote:
I actually think quelling blade is really good to start off with since 1) you can cut down the trees on the jungle side to see any roam/gank incoming and 2) it's very possible to get stuck in trees accidentally at the edge of your web while your web is on cooldown.

The traditional item start on Brood has been regen + branches + Soul Ring recipe, because having to tie up the courier to send Soul Ring sucks really bad for your mid hero.

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 01:51 synapse wrote:
Silencer--(as discussed in the silencer hero thread)

E W E Q E R E, then maxing Q and max W last. possible to delay level 2 ult since it adds +100 mana cost for an extra second of silence, which as a poor silencer support is often too costly.

If mid, W E E then the rest is the same. lane silencer can also get W first, it's somewhat preference based.

Core - treads, mek, force staff
Extension - AC, sheepstick
Situational - drum, atos, BKB, shiva, aghs

I personally would put Force Staff under situational. I'd almost always buy it as a support, but as a core Silencer, it's actually not that necessary. Silencer has very respectable Str growth for an Intel hero, so if you really focus on defensive fighting items like Mek+AC, the traditional need for Force Staff as a "positioning" item isn't all that necessary, especially given how long the range of all his spells is.

Orchid and Refresher are also both situational pickups for that hero. Orchid is good in scrappy games where you have Mek but don't really have farm time to save for any of the bigger items, Refresher as a 6th lategame item (not because you can get a 12s Silence, but because with Refresher, you can open fights with Global and not worry about people being able to BKB/Manta it off because you can use the second ulti to re-Silence them).


Fixed his skill build then to: E W E Q E R E Q Q Q R W W W

I've moved to Mekansm to Core
I removed Atos
Force Staff, Refresher, Orchid to Situational Items
Added AC to Extension Items


On January 24 2014 00:56 idonthinksobro wrote:
Venomancer build needs a complete overhaul

skill build
gale/sting/ward/ward/ward/ult
ward/sting/sting/sting/ult
gale/gale/gale/stat/ult

reasons, you need to get your farm mostly by jungling or jungling ancients. At lvl 5 (3wards 1sting) you can already do ancients if you are not needed elsewhere you can farm a fast mek doing ancients. If the enemy team is pushing you have wards to defend it, if you want to push wards is the skill to go. It is also the skill that scales the best for venomancer.

needs either forcestaff (most common) or a blink, almost nobody does shadowblade anymore but it can be done instead of force or blink.
Basilius can be done but is not a must on venomancer, i would never upgrade it to aquila.
Aghs is only situational if you are playing a position 4/5 venomancer it can be hard to get an aghs without buying more important stuff like mek, wards, dust, smoke, tps, upgrade the courier and buy sentrys.
Necro book -> situational
medaillon -> situational (almost every team should have one)



Isn't this a much older build? I prefer this, but I recall this being out of the meta
Changed skill build: Q W E E E R E W W W R Q Q Q

Added Force Staff as Core Item
Basilus to Early Game
Aghs to Extension Items
Necrobook and Medallion added

On January 24 2014 03:16 a slow decay wrote:
Your jugg guide needs drum, vlads and SnY in situational at least.

I don't see jugg often in competitive matches but when I do see him he almost always builds mid-game, cheap to build items and doesn't act as a 1 carry which the Battlefury build is more suited for. You'll often see vlads/drum on him in early game as it compliments his pushing ability.

Also, long time no see Torte de Lini, dunno if you remember me but I was around when you first started working on these guides ^_^


yes (: I have you in the original list of contributors :D

On January 24 2014 12:21 BoZiffer wrote:
Love the guides. For some reason, some of the guides don't appear in client even though I have subscribed to them. Centaur being the one that comes to mind off the top. Not sure if its just me though.


Some guides are not rated high enough. Please go to Steam Community and rate them up!

On January 24 2014 08:37 cecek wrote:
Juggernaut is really tough. He's arguably the carry with the most versatile "build". And he doesn't even need to carry, he's a very capable mid hero. There are really so many ways to build him, I'm not sure what should be "core" on him. If I were to pick one, I would probably say phase -> drums -> aghanims, I would say that's the most consistent one, probably.


I've separated the guide into sections:

Core Items - Pure Carry
Phase, Battlefury, Deso

Core Items - Aghanim's
Phase, Drums, Aghanim's

Situational Items: Black King Bar, S&Y

Extension Items: Butterfly, Abyssal
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-24 15:17:59
January 24 2014 09:14 GMT
#846
Broodmother
Added Necromonicon to Situational Items
Added Yasha to Situational Items
Added Basher to Situational Items
Removed Vlad's

Tusk
Remove Arcane Boots from Core Items
Added Phase Boots to Core Items
Added Medallion of Courage to Core Items
Moved Drums of Endurance to Situational Items
Added Armlet to Situational Items (to be verified)
Moved Heart to Extension Items

Silencer
New skill build: E W E Q E R E Q Q Q R W W W
Moved Mekansm to Core
Removed Rod of Atos
Moved Force Staff to Situational Items
Added Refresher to Situational Items
Added Orchid of Malevonce to Situational Items

Venomancer
New skill build: Q W E E E R E W W W R Q Q Q
Added Force Staff to Core Items
Added Ring of Basilius to Early Game
Moved Aghanim's to Extension Items
Added Necromonicon to Situational Items
Added Medallion of Courage to Situational Items

Juggernaut
Created two subsections: Core Items - Pure Carry, Core Items - Aghanim's

Added Desolator to Pure Carry
Added Drums of Endurance to Aghanim's
Added Aghanim's Scepter to Aghanim's
Added Sange & Yasha to Situational Items
Added Abyssal Blade to Extension Items


I need a new way to start crediting people, the current system doesn't work :/
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
BobMcJohnson
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France2916 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-24 09:24:54
January 24 2014 09:23 GMT
#847
On January 24 2014 18:01 Torte de Lini wrote:

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 12:21 BoZiffer wrote:
Love the guides. For some reason, some of the guides don't appear in client even though I have subscribed to them. Centaur being the one that comes to mind off the top. Not sure if its just me though.


Some guides are not rated high enough. Please go to Steam Community and rate them up!


As a dota newbie I use these guides all the time and the thing that always worked so far for me when I don't see the guide in the list is to set the guide language filter to english. It filters out enough guides to make these move back up in the list when they are not rated high enough.
Romanes eunt domus
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-24 09:25:56
January 24 2014 09:25 GMT
#848
On January 24 2014 18:23 BobMcJohnson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 18:01 Torte de Lini wrote:

On January 24 2014 12:21 BoZiffer wrote:
Love the guides. For some reason, some of the guides don't appear in client even though I have subscribed to them. Centaur being the one that comes to mind off the top. Not sure if its just me though.


Some guides are not rated high enough. Please go to Steam Community and rate them up!


As a dota newbie I use these guides all the time and the thing that always worked so far for me when I don't see the guide in the list is to set the guide language filter to english. It filters out enough guides to make these move back up in the list when they are not rated high enough.


Good idea!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128735861

Here is the Centaur Guide. As you can see, only 68 ratings. So it is quite low.

I'm very happy to hear you use them all the time!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
January 24 2014 09:26 GMT
#849
I'd say Silencer's build as core should be W E E at the start. You're rarely ever going to use level 1 Last Word due to the teensy damage and ridiculously long cooldown, but that one level in Glaives is gonna vastly increase your lane presence.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 24 2014 09:30 GMT
#850
I really need to play more Silencer, I always lose whenever I random him.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
a slow decay
Profile Joined January 2013
150 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-24 15:02:30
January 24 2014 14:59 GMT
#851
what last word level 1 is great its like 150 dmg 112 after magic resist for an almost instant cast animation

e: and 3 second disarm which is a lot of auto attacks u can get in uncontested

you're wrong you really want last word level 1, its better defensively and for aggression and the only time i would skill w first if is my lane was completely empty
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 25 2014 11:31 GMT
#852
Completed
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-26 19:01:20
January 26 2014 18:03 GMT
#853
I'll be shifting Void's build, it seems to be outdated as it still suggests Mask of Madness (oh god)
Sven as well, but I'm not sure if Drums to Armlet is just as valid nowadays
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
January 26 2014 19:08 GMT
#854
I actually believe MoM is still the correct core item on Void, as with MoM BKB he can jump in, kill a high priority target and get out.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 26 2014 19:16 GMT
#855
I find it to be more situational depending on the line-up and your farm :x
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
January 26 2014 19:17 GMT
#856
I don't think anything changed with MoM Void. It remains the same risky build that relies on you getting good Chronos and/or your opponents not blowing you up.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 26 2014 19:19 GMT
#857
Terrorblade means I will have to start looking into how Terrorblade is played in recent times, I haven't touched him in a long time.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
January 26 2014 19:57 GMT
#858
On January 27 2014 04:17 SKC wrote:
I don't think anything changed with MoM Void. It remains the same risky build that relies on you getting good Chronos and/or your opponents not blowing you up.


Sure, it depends on the line up, but if they have a stun light lineup, you should go for it. In my experience a well played void that just goes in without hestitation and focuses the right target is very dangerous.
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-26 20:16:33
January 26 2014 20:15 GMT
#859
MoM is good on Void if the enemy doesn't have any strong dots, or very long range nukes. You can't afford to build it against a venomancer or a viper because you'll just die from the poison, for example. Otherwise, it's definitely not bad. By far the most efficient damage item, and helps him farm with the ms and dps increase, lifesteal's also useful to stay full hp in jungle. Mealstorm is probably the safer core item for him overall, tho. Good dps for early chrono kills, good farming and splitpushing. I don't like Battlefury at all on Void. I think it's way too expensive to rush, I'm pretty sure it doesn't even do as much damage as a maelstrom inside chrono despite being more than twice as expensive. The only thing it has going for it is better farming and splitpushing. But for the cost, I don't think it's worth it at all. Bkb in most cases is a must have, usually after the first or second dps item, depending on the game.
super gg
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 27 2014 12:53 GMT
#860
Here is the Faceless Void guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128922664

Here is Sven: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129079469

Both of them feel lackluster for core.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Classic vs Percival
herO vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 951
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings216
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech69
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45413
Shuttle 13015
FanTaSy 1550
Hyuk 1223
BeSt 611
Horang2 498
Pusan 358
Mini 337
Stork 238
EffOrt 230
[ Show more ]
Last 157
Zeus 153
Killer 135
Mind 92
sorry 78
Soma 62
Hyun 60
Sea.KH 56
ggaemo 49
PianO 49
Snow 46
ToSsGirL 38
hero 35
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 29
Aegong 22
JYJ 17
zelot 17
NaDa 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi927
XcaliburYe375
qojqva41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2427
byalli988
x6flipin497
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu299
Other Games
gofns32752
singsing3175
B2W.Neo969
Hui .157
Livibee138
ArmadaUGS93
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick660
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1178
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 29m
Replay Cast
10h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.