• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8696 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 41

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 371 Next
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 21:23:30
January 13 2014 21:22 GMT
#801
On January 14 2014 06:09 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 05:54 Pokebunny wrote:
I also strongly disagree with taking a point in Heartstopper early, unless you're playing support Necro (which you never should be). It pushes your lane, and Sadist + Heal are what makes necro a fairly decent laner.

Heartstopper rank 1 is basically for vs. melee lanes mid, where you will push lane to get runes anyway, and they have to spend a lot of time inside the aura if they want to lasthit.

Vs ranged they don't spend enough time in it for it to be worth it over more Sadist regen, especially since Sadist returns health in addition to mana now too.

Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 06:06 Pokebunny wrote:
I'll usually pick up the casual vit booster straight after Mek and then finish heart after a Hex or Shiva, sometimes with force staff thrown in. I don't like pipe because usually you'll have major mana problems if you're getting mek and pipe before a big mana item, and by the time you have mek and a hex or shiva, you aren't gonna be getting a pipe at the point in the game where magic damage is a huge factor (generally).

Pipe on Necro is for safe lane Necro paired with a pushing Mek carrier mid (e.g. safe lane Necro + mid Pugna) or jungler (Chen, Enigma), which allows you to not get Mek and match your Pipe timing to their Mek timing (no Bottle + safe lane farm advantage allows the two timings to coincide fairly well) which creates a push timing that can be strong enough for you to punch through to T3s depending on lineups and execution.

Agree with both of these things! Also I think mid necro is pretty weak so I guess that's why I'd never go heartstopper. I agree with your logic on heartstopper for sure though. The pipe idea sounds quite reasonable especially against heavy magic teams, I'll keep that in mind. I could see pipe and mek timing working well with a Chen mek as well, which is actually something my team ran in LPCL yesterday.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
January 13 2014 21:35 GMT
#802
And lost?
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 21:37:57
January 13 2014 21:36 GMT
#803
Does Yango or Firebolt have any opinion on Slark?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165334812 -- Middle
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128956358 -- Lane
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 13 2014 21:42 GMT
#804
Armlet is definitely not core. I think Lothar's is situational and not as "must-buy" as some people on the last page made it out to be. It's still a good item, but it can be awkward sometimes, especially given the nerfs its gotten as well.

Treads Drum BKB is a cookie-cutter "core" but honestly Slark's items vary a lot. He should be buying a lot of basic shit (OoV, Bracer, Wand, Bottle if mid, etc. and really how you transition out of that you really play by ear. He has a lot of options, and honestly any guide would just be laundry-listing items for a Slark player to keep in mind.
Moderator
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
January 13 2014 21:56 GMT
#805
I'm neither Yango nor Firebolt, but for a lane Slark, Aquilla is really nice, because you really need some mana regen. Bottle is perfectly fine when he's mid (and it's generally a good idea to get even on lane, if your mid doesn't get it, like OD or Lone Druid), but on the sidelane, you really want something. It's also nice in lane and builds up to vlads later, which is decent on a lane slark, who wants to fight with his team often.

I've given you my opinions on shadowblade and armlet, I'm not gonna repeat myself on that one.
super gg
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 13 2014 22:00 GMT
#806
Aquila is sort of a miserly choice that's slightly more farm-focused than Drum. It saves you ~1k gold while giving you about equivalent farming power for somewhat weaker fighting power. You get the Aquila to farm a bigger fighting item like BKB somewhat sooner.
Moderator
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 13 2014 22:01 GMT
#807
On January 14 2014 06:35 Firebolt145 wrote:
And lost?

Yes? I don't see how that's relevant, I wasn't making a point about it being successful, just about how it could fit into a strategy that I've used before.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 22:35:02
January 13 2014 22:33 GMT
#808
I removed Armlet and bumped Lother's to core because it still has a solid basis to get it in most cases.

I'm keeping drums as core and dropping BKB to situational and I'll add S&Y as well.

I'm adding a section titled: Small purchases for Slark
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 22:41:01
January 13 2014 22:40 GMT
#809
I would keep BKB under core. You can put it off, but it's rare that you don't want a BKB on Slark. It's far more common that you would skip Lothar's than skip BKB.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 22:45:20
January 13 2014 22:43 GMT
#810
On January 14 2014 07:40 TheYango wrote:
I would keep BKB under core. You can put it off, but it's rare that you don't want a BKB on Slark. It's far more common that you would skip Lothar's than skip BKB.


I always feel it is redundant to get Lothar's and BKB as both core, as people would be buying both no? With two invis, I feel that would be sufficient initially as they find themselves needing that extra immunity during late-game; they would see BKB as situational.

Thoughts?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165334812 (middle)

Changed level 2 ability to Essence Shift
Added Tab: Small Purchases for smaller situational stuff
Moved Black King Bar to Situational Items
Moved Shadow Blade to Core Items
Removed Armlet from Core Items
Added Sange & Yasha, Orchid and
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 13 2014 22:45 GMT
#811
I forgot to add back Situational Items, sorry.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 13 2014 22:50 GMT
#812
On January 14 2014 07:43 Torte de Lini wrote:
I always feel it is redundant to get Lothar's and BKB as both core, as people would be buying both no? With two invis, I feel that would be sufficient initially as they find themselves needing that extra immunity during late-game; they would see BKB as situational.

I'm not sure why you'd consider them redundant when their function has zero overlap.

The initial Lothar's invis is for picking an engagement point in a fight or for ganking. The nerfed CD on Lothar's basically doesn't allow it to be used as an in-fight disengage if you used it to enter the fight, which means it serves no function that's ever really overlapping with BKB.
Moderator
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 13 2014 22:52 GMT
#813
What about a general discussion of maxing Pact vs Pounce first? I lately have far preferred to max pact as I've found it significantly easier to farm/lane with him at levels 5-8 with pact max, while not particularly being much weaker in a ganking setting. Overall I'm aware that slark should be played as a ganker rather than a lane farmer most of the time, but I still find myself preferring pact. Thoughts?
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 13 2014 22:56 GMT
#814
I used to max Pact, but I found Pounce to usually the most situation ally best during the early-game.

I think I prefer Pact at level 2 then Essence Shift for the escape help
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 13 2014 23:00 GMT
#815
It depends on the lane. Vs melee lanes, Essence Shift can be important enough to get at level 1 sometimes, but vs 550+ ranged heroes with escapes like QoP or Puck, the rank 1 Essence Shift at level 2 is virtually useless because you basically never get to hit them.

Pact vs Pounce max depends on the game, and goes hand in hand with your item choices.

This is sort of where the limitations of trying to have cookie-cutter guides comes into play, because for a hero like Slark--his gameplay evolves so much based on the game in question that it's hard to really pin down enough for a meaningful guide.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 13 2014 23:01 GMT
#816
Yeah, but there's definitely nothing I can do. I just with the majority or safer situation and make that "cookie-cutter" for a lot of heroes, I'm accommodating their diversity; but sometimes it is futile
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 13 2014 23:05 GMT
#817
Slark (Middle)

Added Tab: Small Purchases for smaller situational stuff
Added Wand to Small Purchases
Added Orb of Venom to Small Purchases
Moved Black King Bar to Core Items
Moved Shadow Blade to Core Items
Removed Armlet from Core Items
Added Sange & Yasha, Orchid

Slark (Lane)

Added Tab: Small Purchases for smaller situational stuff
Added Wand to Small Purchases
Added Orb of Venom to Small Purchases
Moved Black King Bar to Core Items
Moved Shadow Blade to Core Items
Removed Armlet from Core Items
Added Sange & Yasha, Orchid
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
January 14 2014 14:22 GMT
#818
I think this is good. Obviously, it's not not going to be correct 100%, but no build ever is. For example, if you lose all three lanes and the enemy team is 5manning the shit out of all your towers, you don't want a shadowblade. But that should be obvious and it's not something you can really account for in an ingame guide, which can only be so long.
super gg
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 14 2014 15:55 GMT
#819
Thank you, I appreciate the validation as I wasnt sure it was accurate.
I appreciate really holding my hand through some of these, as with all new builds; I will test it out in a game of my own later
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
January 14 2014 22:31 GMT
#820
On January 14 2014 07:01 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 06:35 Firebolt145 wrote:
And lost?

Yes? I don't see how that's relevant, I wasn't making a point about it being successful, just about how it could fit into a strategy that I've used before.

I was poking fun at you mate.
Moderator
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 428
Leta 278
Hyuk 218
Hyun 114
Shinee 40
Hm[arnc] 32
ZergMaN 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 749
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g8971
WinterStarcraft503
ArmadaUGS82
Nina52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2310
League of Legends
• Rush1484
• Lourlo1176
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 1m
INu's Battles
5h 1m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 1m
Replay Cast
16h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.