• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:51
CEST 04:51
KST 11:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8037 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 359

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 357 358 359 360 361 371 Next
Buckyman
Profile Joined May 2014
1364 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-01 02:19:38
November 01 2017 02:10 GMT
#7161
Tried some Pangolier. Soul ring maelstrom works as advertised for flash farming (take the mana talent at 10 and skip E until level 11). Arcane boots felt better than treads because of even faster farming.

I felt like I needed a tank item and health regen - Vanguard worked but felt overpriced. Early Mjollnir was a waste.

Here's my very rough draft:
[image loading]


Keep in mind that I've never made it to 25. And I totally forgot blink but it should be in there somewhere.
bdonballer
Profile Joined October 2014
United States408 Posts
November 01 2017 03:41 GMT
#7162
Good luck updating so many builds. I can't even imagine the amount of time it takes to do that. I just made some quick ones for my favorite heroes and it took a fair bit of time. Kudos to you Torte!
I carry hard!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-01 07:41:24
November 01 2017 07:40 GMT
#7163
Pangolier (Offlane)
Dark Willow (Roamer)
Dark Willow (Core)

Still improving them, just wanted to put something out.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 01 2017 07:51 GMT
#7164
On November 01 2017 12:41 bdonballer wrote:
Good luck updating so many builds. I can't even imagine the amount of time it takes to do that. I just made some quick ones for my favorite heroes and it took a fair bit of time. Kudos to you Torte!


thanks man
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 01 2017 07:53 GMT
#7165
On November 01 2017 11:10 Buckyman wrote:
Tried some Pangolier. Soul ring maelstrom works as advertised for flash farming (take the mana talent at 10 and skip E until level 11). Arcane boots felt better than treads because of even faster farming.

I felt like I needed a tank item and health regen - Vanguard worked but felt overpriced. Early Mjollnir was a waste.

Here's my very rough draft:
[image loading]


Keep in mind that I've never made it to 25. And I totally forgot blink but it should be in there somewhere.


Soul Ring seems like a waste.
I took the mana talent.
1 point in E is great I would say.

Phase Boots over Treads imo

Shield Crash is meant to help you with tanking up. I feel like S&Y would be great here
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Buckyman
Profile Joined May 2014
1364 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-01 15:25:59
November 01 2017 15:18 GMT
#7166
Re: Pangolier

Your build is a lot less farm oriented and somewhat more fight oriented than mine. Aquila makes sense in that context.
Phase boots would indeed be my choice if I weren't going for max farm from Arcanes.
Extension Travels is a good call. His excellent wave-clearing makes him a good choice to handle split-push with.
Skadi and S&Y seem redundant. I'd stick with Skadi but that might be our different playstyles again.


In summary, of your item choices that weren't in my draft, these would be good in the maelstrom build:
Boots of Travel, Eye of Skadi, Infused Raindrop, Blink Dagger

These item choices represent a compromise:
Phase Boots, Ring of Aquila

These items only make sense in a diffusal-first build:
Sange&Yasha, Blade mail


Items I don't get and need to evaluate:
Silver Edge, MKB
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 01 2017 17:03 GMT
#7167
On November 02 2017 00:18 Buckyman wrote:
Re: Pangolier

Your build is a lot less farm oriented and somewhat more fight oriented than mine. Aquila makes sense in that context.
Phase boots would indeed be my choice if I weren't going for max farm from Arcanes.
Extension Travels is a good call. His excellent wave-clearing makes him a good choice to handle split-push with.
Skadi and S&Y seem redundant. I'd stick with Skadi but that might be our different playstyles again.


In summary, of your item choices that weren't in my draft, these would be good in the maelstrom build:
Boots of Travel, Eye of Skadi, Infused Raindrop, Blink Dagger

These item choices represent a compromise:
Phase Boots, Ring of Aquila

These items only make sense in a diffusal-first build:
Sange&Yasha, Blade mail


Items I don't get and need to evaluate:
Silver Edge, MKB


Do oyu suggest a second build?

MKB is really strong on Pangolier, I agree S&Y/Skadi are redundant but I'm leaning towards S&Y, maybe I'll make it situational.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-01 17:16:56
November 01 2017 17:16 GMT
#7168
mkb is good, but it's a lot worse than just stacking javelins (no diminishing returns)

eventually you have to upgrade them though, then you get MKB and Basher
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Buckyman
Profile Joined May 2014
1364 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-01 17:22:29
November 01 2017 17:22 GMT
#7169
On November 02 2017 02:03 Torte de Lini wrote:

Do oyu suggest a second build?


Eh, I'm publishing a polished-up version of my draft if you don't adopt it, so no need to make a second guide yourself. I would, however, suggest trying the soul ring maelstrom vanguard build at some point.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-18 10:56:05
November 02 2017 09:42 GMT
#7170
After 15 days (October 18 to November 2), we have risen from 271,285,269 to 275,124,726 combined subscriptions

A difference of 3,839,457
Average Subscribers per Guide is 1,752,386.79
Growth Percentage is 1.41%


5 least popular guides (bottom being the least popular):
  1. Vengeful Spirit (Core) (611,579)
  2. Monkey King (Roamer) (483,272)
  3. Naga Siren (Support) (439,680)
  4. SirActionSlacks (379,120)
  5. Underlord (Core) (368,934)


5 most popular guides (top being the most popular):
  1. Sven
  2. Phantom Assassin
  3. Juggernaut
  4. Faceless Void
  5. Slark


Newly Released Guides:
  • Pangolier
  • Dark Willow (Core)
  • Dark Willow (Roamer)




Patreon.com/Torte, this project continues to be made possible by the contributions of:

Alfred Vogl, Cam Connor, Michael Carmody, Dylan Lauritsen, Thane Brimhall, Mathew Buhler, Sean McMurray, szymond70, James, Leonardo Lambertini, Sutas, Nicholas Chlumecky, Firebat4321, Jeroen Koenders, Alan Meng, Jade Wardle, Dice, Vodka, Kilataco, Andrew Krigline, Garbarise, Andrew Heckathorn, Demartan, Captain Marvelous, Christian Traeger, Katilyn McDougle, Benjamin Richter, dsrtfx_xx, Michael Kaeser, Lowe Schmidt, Tony Heugh, James Merrill, Guitaringegg, JimmaDaRustla, Daxdiv, Ryan Goss, Nate Hubbard, The WLD Crew, Matthew Nami, AD2L, tale, Swaroop Hegde, Anagh Kumar Baranwal, Luke Mirman, Jose Cacho, Eric Barett, JJ Sigler, Mr Magnificent, Ian Lunderskov, Unfun, Douglas Hitchcock, Kistaro Windrider, Nick Mayo, Paul Martindale, Liam Metzeling, Stefan Chladek, George Azarias, Julian Koniger, Christopher Dickson, S J, Tyler Reid, Hursha, Aaron Bell, Cooper Johnson, Samuel Enocsson, slashershot, Igor Dolgiy, Josh Laseter, Gerald Callow, zyberspace, Kjetil Kultom, Steve, Genc Musliu, Joshua Rodman, Moe Foster

Portions of their pledges will go to long-time community members, dedicated to providing feedback to keep this collection of hero builds accurate to current standards of play.



This latest update and hero builds changes was made possible thanks to the feedback and knowledge of the following community members. Sincere thank you to: Buckyman, Velzi, Sn0_Man, SerpentineLogic
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Buckyman
Profile Joined May 2014
1364 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-03 04:47:35
November 03 2017 04:15 GMT
#7171
I think Viper now wants to take three points in Poison Attack (Q) before maxing Corrosive Skin (E) because he can't permaslow with only two points in Q. A 2-1-2 opening might still be reasonable:

QWQEERQEETQ

...but the level 10 attack speed talent means he might prefer having 0 cooldown when he picks it up:

QWQEERQEQTE

Also, with the new and very spammable Nethertoxin, it would be nice if the guide had some sort of mana regen solution that's more than Aquila but less than than Bloodthorne.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 03 2017 14:35 GMT
#7172
I strongly disagree with maxing q and e before nethertoxin. It's true that viper isn't very intimidating in lane without some levels in q and e, but nethertoxin is viper's farming skill and it's imperative to get more than one level in it before 12. Nethertoxin annihilates creeps on essentially no cooldown. Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what the optimal skill build is because if you max nethertoxin in lane you aren't actually very scary (weak base damage, your Q costs infinite mana and doesn't do anything until you've already harassed them a lot, etc) but the suggested q/e max builds are like pretending you are just a nerfed version of old viper and accepting that.

It's interesting to watch what pro's have attempted. Matumbaman played 3 games with viper at dotapit and opted for different builds every time. One fairly consistent thing he did was leaving nethertoxin at level 3 for quite a while, which I assume is due to the fact that he bought a veil, which *should* make nethertoxin 3 full-kill a creep wave.

I don't think veil is the item (nor do i think 8% spell vamp is the talent, although matu took it consistently) but I do think that matu wasn't wrong about needing nethertoxin to farm. I think eventually we'll see players getting better at laning with viper with less levels in Q and E and more movement towards faster nethertoxin maxing for farming potential.

I've only tried new viper once but I'd probably recommend a build like q/e/q/w/w/r/w/w/q/(talent)/q etc. Where the W max is because there's no way you get a veil.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Buckyman
Profile Joined May 2014
1364 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-03 23:22:46
November 03 2017 23:22 GMT
#7173
After some experimentation, I second nethertoxin > corrosive but still want that third level of Q. Also, Drum seems like a good option to help sustain the spam.
Doomblaze
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1292 Posts
November 04 2017 05:06 GMT
#7174
I played a game of new viper and maxing nethertoxin lets you play more like a farming mid. You can push out the creep wave then go kill the strong camp every minute if you want. The problem is without old nethertoxin your base damage sucks so im guessing against a competent opponent im not going to be getting nearly as much farm as i did, and with denies being back to how they used to that could make it difficult to win mid.
In Mushi we trust
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
November 04 2017 06:00 GMT
#7175
On November 03 2017 23:35 Sn0_Man wrote:
I strongly disagree with maxing q and e before nethertoxin. It's true that viper isn't very intimidating in lane without some levels in q and e, but nethertoxin is viper's farming skill and it's imperative to get more than one level in it before 12. Nethertoxin annihilates creeps on essentially no cooldown. Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what the optimal skill build is because if you max nethertoxin in lane you aren't actually very scary (weak base damage, your Q costs infinite mana and doesn't do anything until you've already harassed them a lot, etc) but the suggested q/e max builds are like pretending you are just a nerfed version of old viper and accepting that.


I don't see an optimal skill build on Viper anymore. It depends on what you want to do in lane. W+E is ideal if you want the laning phase to go by with minimal risk and turn around ganks; Q+W is great if you have an advantageous matchup and want to harass him away from the wave (although it requires Aquila + Raindrops by default). The Q+E build is crap. You can't accumulate enough damage to make Poison Attack a threat.

On November 03 2017 23:35 Sn0_Man wrote:
I don't think veil is the item (nor do i think 8% spell vamp is the talent, although matu took it consistently) but I do think that matu wasn't wrong about needing nethertoxin to farm. I think eventually we'll see players getting better at laning with viper with less levels in Q and E and more movement towards faster nethertoxin maxing for farming potential.

I've only tried new viper once but I'd probably recommend a build like q/e/q/w/w/r/w/w/q/(talent)/q etc. Where the W max is because there's no way you get a veil.


I've experimented with some hybrid builds and the spell vamp + Corrosive talents work best with Yasha -> Radiance. I don't see it becoming popular, for good reason, but the logic seems sound.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 04 2017 20:14 GMT
#7176
Is jungle dead? what about heroes like Chen, Engima and Enchantress?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
tehh4ck3r
Profile Joined August 2013
Magrathea7086 Posts
November 05 2017 01:41 GMT
#7177
Given the creep XP changes, it really ought to be dead for everyone but those 3 (though I'd bet some heroes could still make it work without talon)
AdministratorIn those days, spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
November 05 2017 08:46 GMT
#7178
Yes, jungle's dead. It was already though, this is just the nail in the coffin. The big change in laning is dual lanes/aggro trilanes instead of a dual lane and a roamer/trilane mid.

AntiMage
Remove 2x slippers, add mango and stout shield. Put quelling in early game items, and wand. You don't actually need wand, it's arguably situational, but you already have the mango and for a general guide you probably want the more "general" case.

It's probably worth putting skadi and satanic in there somewhere, extension or something. Lot of viable items late game for him now.

For talents, +20 attack speed and +30% Spell shield are definitely the go. +300 blink cast range should be taken when vs bloodseeker, otherwise the +10 stats is better. The level 15 remains to be seen, a lot of people are favouring the illusion right now but Miracle is taking blink cooldown. I really like blink cooldown over the illusion personally.

All Melee carries basically
Remove slippers, add stout shield and mango, situational clarity for heroes like jugg and lifestealer. So starting items is tangos, salve, mango, stout, optional clarity (branch if you really want).

All of what I just said has exceptions for heroes that don't build wand, for example PA rarely builds wand so you remove the mango.

All ranged agi carries basically
Start tangos mango salve, two branches, circlet. I say circlet because it's slot-efficient stats for an aquila and you don't really get more value from any other items at the start. Arguably more regen is good in an extremely tough lane, but these are standard guides. Most pros seem to be doing either this or wraith band and tangos. However, they can predict the difficulty of their lane better; the "standard" start should have the higher regen I think.

Luna
Talents should be attack speed, +24 lunar blessing, +10 all stats, +25% lifesteal. Probably put MoM before aquila and treads, as you usually want it first if you can get it.

Medusa
MoM or morbid mask should be in there, as core or early game, most carries without innate regen are building this.

Talents should be +25 damage, +30 attack speed, +800 mana, Split Shot Uses Modifiers.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-05 20:36:31
November 05 2017 20:30 GMT
#7179
I think some heroes can still jungle like Lifestealer, Nature's Prophet, Doom, Enchantress and Bloodseeker

No longer: Legion Commander, Ursa, Axe,

I think what we'll do is just duplicate the core builds to these outdated jungle builds and simply have two duplicate builds running. This should help transition those playing jungles to Core builds.

We'll also just remove the NP Jungle build anyways, it was overdue.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Buckyman
Profile Joined May 2014
1364 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-06 06:33:00
November 06 2017 05:31 GMT
#7180
The Centaur guide needs immediate attention. Starting items: 1 set tangos, nothing else.

I suggest adding the standard stout shield and salve along with an obs ward.
Prev 1 357 358 359 360 361 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
Nina 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14915
Rain 2147
Dewaltoss 46
NaDa 36
Bale 30
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
NeuroSwarm185
Counter-Strike
taco 625
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1575
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft597
Other Games
summit1g8971
Doublelift3281
JimRising 646
PiGStarcraft329
ArmadaUGS237
C9.Mang0204
Maynarde146
ViBE116
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick900
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo642
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 9m
OSC
10h 9m
Stellar Fest
10h 9m
OSC
21h 9m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.