• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:04
CEST 14:04
KST 21:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8308 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 28

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 371 Next
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 08 2013 16:36 GMT
#541
On September 09 2013 00:32 Torte de Lini wrote:
You're right.
Btw, does jungle LD play any different?

Also, is Orb of Venom truly core?

Item wise, you would get a Quelling Blade early (usually at the beginning). Other than that, not really.

Orb of Venom is pretty much core unless you're jungling.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2013 16:40 GMT
#542
I am thinking of making a Lone Druid Jungle Guide
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-08 16:41:23
September 08 2013 16:41 GMT
#543
It would be exactly the same except OOV would be situational instead of core, and even then that's arguable.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2013 16:45 GMT
#544
Wouldn't you put Radiance as situational given how a bit slower jungling is?

Also midas as core?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2013 17:31 GMT
#545
Also looking to improve Abaddon's build as I feel the items are mismatched
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-08 17:37:14
September 08 2013 17:36 GMT
#546
The Abaddon items are fine, what do you feel is mismatched about them?

Phase Boots and Ghost Scepter should be situational though.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2013 17:42 GMT
#547
Usually during the early-phase, I don't get any last hits and his mana-pool makes harassing with the shield rather weak. I'm wondering if Soul Ring is overall better and changing arcane to phase and maybe even dropping urn til after phase (thus it'd be: boots -> wand -> phase -> urn)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-08 18:06:31
September 08 2013 18:06 GMT
#548
Soul Ring sucks because when your gold is so limited, it's an enormous waste to buy an item that gives zero combat stats or team utility.

You don't harass with the shield, you use it either defensively or pushing for kills. Harassing with the shield majorly screws lane control anyway.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2013 18:08 GMT
#549
Overall what I mean is that during the laning phase, his presence blows. I understand that's the biggest flaw for him, but I thought SR would alleviate some of that.

You make more sense though
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2013 20:11 GMT
#550
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176984007

Jungle Lone Druid is out
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 08 2013 23:46 GMT
#551
Don't always need a full Wand as jungle druid. You don't need the slot space, you won't be in teamfights to use the whole 15 charges. A Magic Stick is sufficient.

You've got Maelstrom in core and Radiance in situational giving the impression that it's feasible to follow up with Radiance after Maelstrom.

Should probably add a note saying that Quelling Blade should also be on the bear. I've seen LD's leave it on the hero before.

OOV note - should be mentioned that it's more for if you plan to be ganking the safelane often early in the game.

Scepter note - 'Purely useful for physical carries' should be 'Purely useful against etc'

Your Vlads note says 'overall good item for you and the best.' I assume that's a typo for bear.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-09 05:18:50
September 09 2013 05:18 GMT
#552
DOne, thanks :D

Now all I gotta do is play more games with Lone Druid ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 09 2013 08:49 GMT
#553
Added Halberd as situational for both Druid guides
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
September 12 2013 21:09 GMT
#554
I have some comments after playing some heroes more often:

Doom: I dont believe Aghs is core on him, as cool as the upgrade sounds, its not so useful in reality. I also think both radiance and armlet are both questionable on him, and Shivas is actually quite good if you dont get an AC.

AM: I believe in the Burning-build (W-Q-E-stats x2-ult-max W, maybe even stats at lvl 7). Maxing Mana Break early is not that useful if you dont get a favorable matchup. Also QB really speeds up your farm post BFury, so I would put it as core after it.

Spectre: Phase boots really deserve a mention, Heart should be core after Radiance, and Crit is not that good on her, 6th slot item at most. There are also skill builds that max Desolate first, but they are maybe too advanced?

Lich: I would actually just stay on brown boots, the regen from mek normally covers your hp needs.

Luna: I think RoA and Drums were popular together with Tranquils, but nowadays I would skip them both and just go Treads-(HotD)-BKB-Manta. Butterfly is also really good on her.

Viper: I would get a Mek after Phase, Viper can farm it quite fast and has the mana to spare. The new Corrosive Skin is too good not to get early, I would suggest Q-W-E-Q-Q-ult and than either maxing W or E.


Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
September 12 2013 21:11 GMT
#555
Agh's is *awful* on doom now lol.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 12 2013 21:15 GMT
#556
On September 13 2013 06:09 Chaosquo wrote:
I have some comments after playing some heroes more often:

Doom: I dont believe Aghs is core on him, as cool as the upgrade sounds, its not so useful in reality. I also think both radiance and armlet are both questionable on him, and Shivas is actually quite good if you dont get an AC.

AM: I believe in the Burning-build (W-Q-E-stats x2-ult-max W, maybe even stats at lvl 7). Maxing Mana Break early is not that useful if you dont get a favorable matchup. Also QB really speeds up your farm post BFury, so I would put it as core after it.

Spectre: Phase boots really deserve a mention, Heart should be core after Radiance, and Crit is not that good on her, 6th slot item at most. There are also skill builds that max Desolate first, but they are maybe too advanced?

Lich: I would actually just stay on brown boots, the regen from mek normally covers your hp needs.

Luna: I think RoA and Drums were popular together with Tranquils, but nowadays I would skip them both and just go Treads-(HotD)-BKB-Manta. Butterfly is also really good on her.

Viper: I would get a Mek after Phase, Viper can farm it quite fast and has the mana to spare. The new Corrosive Skin is too good not to get early, I would suggest Q-W-E-Q-Q-ult and than either maxing W or E.



Aghs is definitely horrible on Doom. It should not be even in Situational right now.

Burning build is situational and I wouldn't recommend it as a cookie cutter for the average newbie that comes here looking for a guide. Definitely should add QB though.

Mek should be situational for Viper.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-14 08:11:12
September 14 2013 08:04 GMT
#557
Ok, I saw this!

I'll be modifying Doom now, except I dont know what would be the item after shadow blade?

Ah, we're talking about Doom [Lane].
Even with [Jungle], I have Aghs as core, but instead; what should the item build be?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 14 2013 08:28 GMT
#558
Doom is an incredibly versatile hero to the point where I can't think of a single item I'd consider core beyond brown boots and a wand (definitely not Shadowblade). I'd simply put AC in luxury and shove everything else into situational, tbh.
Moderator
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 14 2013 08:57 GMT
#559
You should probably put Platemail into core, because you're pretty much guaranteed to get at least one of the two Platemail items (since Doom needs Armor and either Mana or Attack Speed so badly). Which one you get depends on the game and you usually won't get both if you got one.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 14 2013 09:21 GMT
#560
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129098268
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143243384

Updated them both with "Extension Item Paths"
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31634
Shuttle 2552
Bisu 1060
Horang2 1010
Jaedong 925
BeSt 373
Light 356
firebathero 327
Hyuk 289
actioN 271
[ Show more ]
Mini 259
Stork 231
Soma 224
Zeus 193
EffOrt 190
Soulkey 159
ggaemo 138
Leta 132
Last 130
Snow 103
ZerO 99
Rush 79
Pusan 75
Killer 49
hero 39
Mind 37
Aegong 36
Mong 35
Sharp 31
Shine 27
Bale 26
Sexy 25
Shinee 22
soO 22
Yoon 21
ToSsGirL 21
Terrorterran 17
PianO 16
NaDa 15
zelot 14
Free 14
sorry 13
JulyZerg 12
Trap 11
HiyA 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2851
qojqva1498
Dendi837
Fuzer 133
League of Legends
Reynor101
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1502
x6flipin324
markeloff76
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1890
crisheroes825
Other Games
gofns29258
singsing2073
B2W.Neo528
XBOCT361
DeMusliM219
Livibee169
XaKoH 149
Liquid`LucifroN125
Mew2King105
ArmadaUGS105
QueenE83
Chillindude13
Railgan10
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream261
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2138
• TFBlade406
Other Games
• WagamamaTV162
Upcoming Events
OSC
56m
Stellar Fest
56m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 56m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.