• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:22
CEST 19:22
KST 02:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8593 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 267

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 265 266 267 268 269 653 Next
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
January 22 2013 05:26 GMT
#5321
What is the best free C compiler to use?
-Thanks in advance
Long live the Boss Toss!
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
January 22 2013 05:31 GMT
#5322
MinGW and build by command line or make files.



My cooler is idling at 29-33 but according to CoreTemp and Aida64, all cores jump to 60 degrees after 5 seconds of starting Starcraft 2. Is this a faulty sensor or just bad heatsink mounting? I'm going to say the latter.

I'm using a Phanteks PH-TC14PE.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
January 22 2013 05:36 GMT
#5323
^Run some kind of stress test (id reccomend intelburntest for quick testing) and see how temps behave in the first 5-60 sec (and be ready to hit stop), if it is a bad heatsink mount it should be immediately obvious. You could have also done something wrong with thermal paste (used too much is common)

Not really sure what to say to differentiate between faulty sensor or bad heatsink mount, hm
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-22 13:08:59
January 22 2013 12:57 GMT
#5324
How do I turn off my mouse's scroll light (zowie mico) + my motherboard's status lights when my PC is turned off - Without unplugging?

(I do not want the lights to be off when my PC is on)

Evga e760 3x classified X58
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 22 2013 14:40 GMT
#5325
Does anybody know how to verify a publisher on Windows 7 soo that you don't need to retype the adminstrator code everytime when trying to use that specific program on a non-admin user?

Thank you!
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
January 22 2013 16:11 GMT
#5326
On January 22 2013 21:57 KAB00000000M wrote:
How do I turn off my mouse's scroll light (zowie mico) + my motherboard's status lights when my PC is turned off - Without unplugging?

(I do not want the lights to be off when my PC is on)

Evga e760 3x classified X58

Look for usb powersaving/smart-charge/whatevertheycallitthesedays options in the bios would be the best bet.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 22 2013 16:45 GMT
#5327
On January 23 2013 01:11 Rollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2013 21:57 KAB00000000M wrote:
How do I turn off my mouse's scroll light (zowie mico) + my motherboard's status lights when my PC is turned off - Without unplugging?

(I do not want the lights to be off when my PC is on)

Evga e760 3x classified X58

Look for usb powersaving/smart-charge/whatevertheycallitthesedays options in the bios would be the best bet.


Ok. I will look it up in my BIOS manual.
Thank you
LukasG
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany95 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-22 19:55:32
January 22 2013 19:55 GMT
#5328
You're looking for a capture card. The Avermedia Live Gamer HD is an example of such a device.

Im looking for a capture card, cuz i dont want to buy an high end processor. Is that right that a capture card does not influence the cpu much?

Thanks

Bye
yokohama
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1116 Posts
January 23 2013 05:15 GMT
#5329
On January 23 2013 04:55 LukasG wrote:
Show nested quote +
You're looking for a capture card. The Avermedia Live Gamer HD is an example of such a device.

Im looking for a capture card, cuz i dont want to buy an high end processor. Is that right that a capture card does not influence the cpu much?

Thanks

Bye


I have the Avermedia Live Gamer HD and using Xsplit I have the choice of using my cpu to encode or the capture card, and as far as I understand even if you want to encode with the cpu it will still take load off due to the image being pulled from the capture card. Even before I put my Live Gamer HD in my second computer, when I was using 1 computer I could see a huge increase in performance when trying to capture.



For my earlier question that got buried a bit without an answer, I'd like to repost it in hopes of someone giving any help they can. I sincerely apologize if this is against the rules.
On January 20 2013 16:33 yokohama wrote:
So I decided to build a second PC just for 2 PC streaming because I wanted to create a high quality Battlefield 3 stream. I am able to stream and decreased load on my gaming computer from not streaming is wonderful. I have one problem though.

Even though I have a 50down/10up connection, how come I experience extreme rubberbanding in BF3 the moment I start streaming? AFAIK my internet connection should be able to handle a high quality stream and BF3 at the same time. I started out with 4000kbps, and lowered it all the way to 1000kbps with very minor improvement to rubberbanding. It is hard to believe that giving up 1000kbps for streaming is affecting my BF3 that much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I spent a lot of money trying to set this up and don't want to be gimped because of my internet which I thought was fine.

Toast_
Profile Joined January 2011
United States56 Posts
January 23 2013 09:05 GMT
#5330
Does crappy internet ruin your fps? I moved to a new place and for now my interent blows and cuts out frequnetly- but I also keep dropping down to 2-4fps (along with many resource stalls). I wouldnt think network speed should drop my fps.... but my simple question is can it- or do I need to hunt down another reason why my computer is acting like a petulant toddler
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
January 23 2013 17:28 GMT
#5331
On January 23 2013 18:05 Toast_ wrote:
Does crappy internet ruin your fps? I moved to a new place and for now my interent blows and cuts out frequnetly- but I also keep dropping down to 2-4fps (along with many resource stalls). I wouldnt think network speed should drop my fps.... but my simple question is can it- or do I need to hunt down another reason why my computer is acting like a petulant toddler


Lag spikes due to internet problems and lag spikes due to slow rendering can sometimes be tricky to distinguish. If your internet is slow, you see unit movement stopping for a moment and then everything moving forward at an accelerated pace to 'catch up'. In addition, if you have enabled the animated unit portraits, you will see that these animation stay smooth, whereas they will stutter if the spike is due to slow rendering. the unit portrait animations are the best indicator to check whether you have a connection problem or rendering slowness.
Such flammable little insects!
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
January 23 2013 18:54 GMT
#5332
Assuming a stable OC both ways, what would you say is better/healthier/whatever - higher LLC (lower Vdroop) and lower Vcore, OR lower LLC but higher Vcore?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
January 23 2013 19:10 GMT
#5333
Id take the higher vcore with lower or disabled LLC as long as you are using a "normal" voltage
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
GGOPphatpak
Profile Joined September 2011
United States87 Posts
January 24 2013 04:58 GMT
#5334
I'm just wondering, I wanted to buy an SSD and my friends say that you have install your OS again onto the SSD. But i'm wondering if you only install your OS why do you need a larger memory SSD then? Can anyone explain this to me
Starcraft 2 is one of the few games that makes me throw my keyboard out the window
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
January 24 2013 05:52 GMT
#5335
On January 24 2013 13:58 GGOPphatpak wrote:
I'm just wondering, I wanted to buy an SSD and my friends say that you have install your OS again onto the SSD. But i'm wondering if you only install your OS why do you need a larger memory SSD then? Can anyone explain this to me

Because you put as many things you want to run fast on your ssd (including OS), apart from media like videos, photos etc. Games can take up 30gb each these days. If you have a larger ssd, less games and programs need to be put on a slow drive.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
January 24 2013 06:19 GMT
#5336
On January 24 2013 13:58 GGOPphatpak wrote:
I'm just wondering, I wanted to buy an SSD and my friends say that you have install your OS again onto the SSD. But i'm wondering if you only install your OS why do you need a larger memory SSD then? Can anyone explain this to me

If you only want to install your is on the ssd then you don't need a large one. Installing games on your ssd can reduce load times a decent amount so you may want to install some on an ssd in which case the extra space is useful.
Liquipedia
Holmir
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden11 Posts
January 24 2013 16:57 GMT
#5337
Felt that this might fit a bit better in here than the build resource thread:

I am about to do a full re-install/build of my newly upgraded computer, and I'd rather not use the CD that came with my motherboard (Z77A-GD65)
Id love if someone could pick out what is needed from this list of drivers http://imgur.com/jfWzpHt or more importantly, what ISNT needed. I'll be using a Samsung 830 SSD, two additional storage drives, an optical drive, an i5 and a dedicated gpu.

Thanks for the input.
Random Represent
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
January 24 2013 17:48 GMT
#5338
On January 25 2013 01:57 Holmir wrote:+ Show Spoiler +
Felt that this might fit a bit better in here than the build resource thread:

I am about to do a full re-install/build of my newly upgraded computer, and I'd rather not use the CD that came with my motherboard (Z77A-GD65)
Id love if someone could pick out what is needed from this list of drivers http://imgur.com/jfWzpHt or more importantly, what ISNT needed. I'll be using a Samsung 830 SSD, two additional storage drives, an optical drive, an i5 and a dedicated gpu.

Thanks for the input.


You need to install Intel LAN drivers.

Asmedia SATA drivers are only required if you plan on using the two Asmedia SATA ports, otherwise you can just ignore it.

You need USB3 drivers if you are running Windows 7 and plan to use the two USB3 ports. Windows 8 includes its own drivers to support it so you don't need it.

Rapid Start and Rapid Connect are ultrabook features that has to do with hibernate / standby so these aren't necessary.

Rapid Storage and Management Engine are not necessary.

Realtek audio and chipset drivers aren't necessary but you should install them.
PviLLe3
Profile Joined January 2012
United States305 Posts
January 25 2013 08:34 GMT
#5339
hi, i have a GT 430 GPU, a friend has a GTS 250 that hes selling for like 30bucks,how large if any of an upgrade would this be? thanks
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
January 25 2013 11:28 GMT
#5340
I want to buy a laptop to connect on my tv to watch streams and series through hdmi.

Will a I7 3612qm with 8gb and Intel hd4000 allow me to watch hd streams on the tv? I'm not sure what is required to watch HD steam ( processor seems good, but gfx?).

Will this also allow me to run sc2, not for playing, more for replay watching.
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Prev 1 265 266 267 268 269 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1145
SteadfastSC819
ComeBackTV 784
TaKeTV 561
IndyStarCraft 236
Rex135
EnkiAlexander 79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 819
IndyStarCraft 236
ProTech146
Rex 135
BRAT_OK 50
UpATreeSC 35
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39109
Shuttle 782
Mini 384
Larva 358
Rush 333
Dewaltoss 102
Hyuk 99
firebathero 80
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 31
Sexy 27
Bale 21
Rock 18
Shine 15
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1727
Counter-Strike
fl0m1480
Fnx 790
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1404
Khaldor1263
Other Games
FrodaN1317
Beastyqt386
DeMusliM246
XBOCT207
Mlord166
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe124
XaKoH 99
QueenE82
C9.Mang075
Mew2King69
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH306
• StrangeGG 44
• poizon28 37
• Hinosc 18
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3910
Other Games
• imaqtpie466
• Shiphtur324
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 38m
Online Event
17h 38m
FEL
22h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.