• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9079 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 266

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 264 265 266 267 268 653 Next
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
January 19 2013 03:20 GMT
#5301
Memory is like all generic for the typical consumer so there's no recommendations. You just pick the least expensive one with whichever company you prefer.

Just keep in mind that DDR3 prices is starting to go back up since manufacturers have lowered their production.
PigAntlers
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada32 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 00:03:32
January 19 2013 04:37 GMT
#5302
Quick question, one partition of my hdd (D became RAW so if I copy all the old info from (D into a completely new hdd and just rename the new one to D: will all my old shorcuts and games and what not just take over like nothing ever happened? Right now the files can't be found by windows cause RAW is unreadable without special software.

Edit: Everything worked like a charm minus itunes
CarndaraK
Profile Joined January 2013
5 Posts
January 19 2013 19:11 GMT
#5303
I'm very new to this forum so excuse this post possibly being in the wrong section, this is about as close to the correct sub-forum I could find. This has to do with streams, basically what I'm interested in are overlays, but how they transition on pro streams. I find that lets say, if a member of Team Liquid is streaming, when he is not playing a game, there will be sort of like an overlay, a blue overlay, that doesnt show the game at all. Just the cam, and nothing else. You can't see what he is doing (or at times, you can, but the part is extremely small). But when a game is being played, you can see everything and it "transitions", which I find really cool. Can anyone help me on how to do this? Thanks. I've posted this twice, I tbh don't know where to put this... x.x
MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
January 19 2013 19:44 GMT
#5304
On January 19 2013 12:07 RiceAgainst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2013 12:05 skyR wrote:
1600MHz cas9 1.65v with ugly heatsinks for $40 is beyond terrible.

Okay, didn't want to spend $40 unexpectedly. Any recommendations? I'm not planning on buying right now right now, but I figured I'd get a deal if I could.


Note you want to get low-profile RAM (no useless heatspreaders) if you're going to use a tower cooler for your CPU. "Spiky" RAM will conflict with your CPU's heatsink in that scenario.
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
Flaiker
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany235 Posts
January 19 2013 22:39 GMT
#5305
Hi,
I have the following system:
AMD X4 955 3,2 GHz *4
AMD 5870 1 GB
8 GB Ram

Shouldn't I be able to play Starcraft 1v1 on Medium with 60 FPS even in big fights? I know I could do it a year ago but I think after the arcade patch it went worse and even on all low gfx teamgames have 10 fps in bigger fights.
I am asking because I am noticing that HOTS is even worse, I cant play on medium graphics at all without stuttering and low FPS starting in the midgame. Is that normal?
...
baoluvboa
Profile Joined December 2010
743 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 00:17:42
January 19 2013 23:59 GMT
#5306
Does a modern case fan power connector go to the motherboard or the power supply?
MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 00:03:16
January 19 2013 23:59 GMT
#5307
@Flaiker
Normal in the midgame? Not really. But once you get to 200/200 armies with lots of units (meaning 60 marines vs 120 zerglings is a lot harder on a CPU than 10 BCs vs 20 void rays), then yeah, lower FPS is normal. And yes, teamgames will be worse than 1v1 (more units). In fact, you're mistaken about a year ago. No CPU in the world can maintain 60 FPS in big fights (graphics settings don't matter here).

The patch may have made things worse, not sure. Didn't for me, but you can look through tech support for "performance since the patch" threads to see if you come up with something.

@baoluvboa
Generally the fan plugs into the motherboard.
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 01:44:55
January 20 2013 01:30 GMT
#5308
Nevermind.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
January 20 2013 04:53 GMT
#5309
What's the best way to go about evaluating motherboards beyond just what features it has?
twitch.tv/cratonz
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
January 20 2013 05:27 GMT
#5310
quality of vrm and chipsets.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
January 20 2013 06:49 GMT
#5311
Even filtering it down to a Socket + Chipset + Features still leaves me with 40+ results to look through. I don't see a way to find out VRMs short of manually Googling each result, plus I still have to figure out which VRMs are better than which.

There must be a better way?
twitch.tv/cratonz
yokohama
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1116 Posts
January 20 2013 07:33 GMT
#5312
So I decided to build a second PC just for 2 PC streaming because I wanted to create a high quality Battlefield 3 stream. I am able to stream and decreased load on my gaming computer from not streaming is wonderful. I have one problem though.

Even though I have a 50down/10up connection, how come I experience extreme rubberbanding in BF3 the moment I start streaming? AFAIK my internet connection should be able to handle a high quality stream and BF3 at the same time. I started out with 4000kbps, and lowered it all the way to 1000kbps with very minor improvement to rubberbanding. It is hard to believe that giving up 1000kbps for streaming is affecting my BF3 that much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I spent a lot of money trying to set this up and don't want to be gimped because of my internet which I thought was fine.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
January 20 2013 09:09 GMT
#5313
On January 20 2013 15:49 Craton wrote:
Even filtering it down to a Socket + Chipset + Features still leaves me with 40+ results to look through. I don't see a way to find out VRMs short of manually Googling each result, plus I still have to figure out which VRMs are better than which.

There must be a better way?


When I said chipsets. I didn't mean B75, H77, and Z77. You're either going to get a Z77 or a B75 / H77, that's a given. I was referring to the chipsets used to provide additional SATA / USB3 and the NIC. Some manufacturers like Gigabyte decide to outfit their entire board with shitty VIA USB3.

Not sure what you want out of the motherboard but it's probably not much and you're just overthinking this. People just generally buy a board from their preferred manufacturer at a given price point since there are reasons for manufacturer preference... MSI doesn't offer offset voltage to take advantage of power savings. Gigabyte loves USB3. ASUS customer support and quality control went down the drain according to some.

The lower end boards generally have a crippled BIOS so it'll limit overclocking or fine-tuning. Asrock's Z77 Pro line doesn't allow for manual vcore, and Gigabyte doesn't allow for vcore adjustment on non X boards (I think), which is basically all the boards under $130 for them.

And assuming you're buying from Newegg, there's lots of boards on sale right now. MSI GD55 is like $130, $115 after mail in rebate. The Gigabyte Z77X-D3H is also $130, $115 after mail in rebate. The ASUS P8Z77-V LK is $126, $111 after mail in rebate. All at a very good price.
Meton
Profile Joined January 2013
Netherlands1 Post
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 11:08:40
January 20 2013 14:22 GMT
#5314
Hello All,

I have bought a Steelseries 9HD mousepad, i am using a Razer Naga mouse and the mouse feels off. It like its not tracking correctly. Especially when i move my mouse vertical and diagonal the mouse cursor freezes but i am moving my mouse.

Did anybudy else encounter this problem with a 9HD and Razer Naga? Or is it due to settings / drivers / etc.


Edit (problem is solved by buying a different mousepad)

Kind regards,

Meton
Pretty Aluminum
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States95 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 18:34:41
January 20 2013 17:28 GMT
#5315
Hey I was thinking about getting Hauppauge HD-PVR (http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html), but I'm not the brightest when it comes to computers or electronics in general. I was just curious if my TV would support this product being a Sharp lc-26sh20u model. According to the websites I checked it should be 720p HD, but I'm just curious if that is to low for the PVR or if I was somehow mistaken on it being 720p.

Also I was curious as to whether or not I needed anything other than what the PVR comes with to stream. Obviously I know i would need like xsplit or OBS, but I mean would game audio sound fine? It should come with all the cables needed to stream, correct? Would my mic work also while streaming? I will still be able to see my monitor while streaming console games right?

Would there be a better system for my computer other than HD-PVR such as Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle (http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/) or AVerMedia AVerTV HD-DVR (http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=488)?

I really only want to use this for my Gamecube if that matters at all. I don't plan on using it on anything other than that expect maybe other Nintendo devices like a Wii or a N64.

Computer specs encase they matter at all are as follows:
AMD Phenom IIX4 955
NVIDIA GeForceGTX 560 TI
Windows 7 64byte OS
Download speed of 17mbps
Upload speed of 1.87mpbs
My monitor is a LED LG IPS236VX - I have and use an HDMI cable

If there is anything I missing please ask and I will be happy to tell you. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time out of there day to answer these questions. It is greatly appreciated.

I also posted this on TheGunRun's streaming 101, but I figured I would also post it here. There is a few questions, but I think they should be all relativity easy to answer. Thanks again to anyone who takes the time to read this.
It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Thryd
Profile Joined March 2012
86 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 15:24:33
January 21 2013 15:19 GMT
#5316
Alright, i have this problem where i am unable to log into my battle.net account, which after trying multiple times, it locks me out.

I attempted to unlock my account through the account recovery. I received the recovery email but when i click the link, it says an error has occured. I've attempted this at least 20 times, with each result the same.

If anyone can help it'll be greatly appreciated.

EDIT::nevermind, it worked in the end
LukasG
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany95 Posts
January 21 2013 15:46 GMT
#5317
Do u recommend a capture card for streaming Starcraft 2? and if yes which capture card?

Thanks in advance

LukasG
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
January 21 2013 15:50 GMT
#5318
not really tech related but i tried to rename my sc2 id into hangeul, i play on eu, was not possible, is there a way to actually do it?
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
Gihi
Profile Joined September 2011
384 Posts
January 21 2013 17:25 GMT
#5319
On January 22 2013 00:50 {ToT}ColmA wrote:
not really tech related but i tried to rename my sc2 id into hangeul, i play on eu, was not possible, is there a way to actually do it?

U only get one character rename, go to eu.battle.net and click on "Manage my games", then pick your SC2 game, then click Free character name change.
If u don't have a free one, you can't change your name.

My question:
I have a strong laptop on which I play my games and I also have my old desktop. Is it possible to play on my laptop and record with the desktop? If so what are the terms I have to google for to learn more?
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
January 21 2013 20:05 GMT
#5320
On January 22 2013 02:25 Gihi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2013 00:50 {ToT}ColmA wrote:
not really tech related but i tried to rename my sc2 id into hangeul, i play on eu, was not possible, is there a way to actually do it?

My question:
I have a strong laptop on which I play my games and I also have my old desktop. Is it possible to play on my laptop and record with the desktop? If so what are the terms I have to google for to learn more?


You're looking for a capture card. The Avermedia Live Gamer HD is an example of such a device.
Such flammable little insects!
Prev 1 264 265 266 267 268 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft5
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 92
ViBE72
PiGStarcraft5
SpeCial 2
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 191
Hyuk 62
Noble 46
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
League of Legends
Doublelift4341
Counter-Strike
minikerr4
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox162
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5151
Khaldor676
Other Games
summit1g8019
FrodaN1705
Coldzera 687
shahzam540
JimRising 357
C9.Mang0282
KnowMe230
ZombieGrub90
ArmadaUGS87
Trikslyr41
PPMD30
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick267
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21176
Other Games
• imaqtpie786
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 56m
Online Event
11h 56m
FEL
16h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.