• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:33
CEST 03:33
KST 10:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8824 users

Mac Mouse woes be gone! - Page 2

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Wartortle
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia504 Posts
February 20 2011 22:52 GMT
#21
sent pm for test, hope this works
DontUFeelFAT
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3 Posts
February 20 2011 22:57 GMT
#22
I have a Razer Imperator, and I found a way to fix the erratic mouse behavior in OS X with SCII. You can turn off the acceleration of the Imperator under system preferences, but we all know the mouse will still act ridiculous when you play SCII. If you set the sensitivity to 0% in Starcraft, the mouse will behave completely normally. I'm not sure if this is widely known as I just recently figured it out, or if it works with other mice, but now I no longer have to switch to my Windows 7 partition to feel comfortable playing.
Bumblebees
Profile Joined August 2010
United States328 Posts
February 20 2011 23:33 GMT
#23
On February 21 2011 07:57 DontUFeelFAT wrote:
I have a Razer Imperator, and I found a way to fix the erratic mouse behavior in OS X with SCII. You can turn off the acceleration of the Imperator under system preferences, but we all know the mouse will still act ridiculous when you play SCII. If you set the sensitivity to 0% in Starcraft, the mouse will behave completely normally. I'm not sure if this is widely known as I just recently figured it out, or if it works with other mice, but now I no longer have to switch to my Windows 7 partition to feel comfortable playing.


The problem is that if you minimize in and out, it can go crazy.

That's also not a solution for other games This is.

I have lots of confirmed working reports so far!
DontUFeelFAT
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3 Posts
February 21 2011 00:06 GMT
#24
Haha I have noticed the minimizing going crazy for a little bit, good point!
Thales
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States27 Posts
February 21 2011 00:07 GMT
#25
I have a Razer Deathadder and can confirm this fix does indeed work. I had to fiddle with some of the settings on my Razer driver, but am now operating on what feels like my windows sensitivity. I am elated Bumblebees was able to fix this problem, as it's one I've been struggling with for a while now.

Hopefully, as this project develops, it will work for all mac users. There certainly is reason to have hope! Many thanks to Bumblebees for working on this!
"And God, I, I hope that whenever he loses he doesn't print off some paragraph of insulting things about you know.. calling people stacks of mother fuckers and everything like that" - Brother Mack
chocopan
Profile Joined April 2010
Japan986 Posts
February 21 2011 00:31 GMT
#26
Wooooooaaaaah. If this ends up working this will be huuuuuuge. Generations of legions of multitudes of mac users will bow down before you in abject obeisance.

gl!!
Dance those ultras
relaps3
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4 Posts
February 21 2011 04:19 GMT
#27
pm sent. Thanks a lot for putting time into this.
hi.
.Carnage
Profile Joined August 2010
United States99 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 04:28:14
February 21 2011 04:27 GMT
#28
I think you were asking for problems with games when you bought a mac =\

User was temp banned for this post.
He's just not the fastest zergling in the control group. -DayJ
Basshoven792
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7 Posts
February 21 2011 04:30 GMT
#29
I would love this to work. I've tried USB Overdrive, Logitech and Razer drivers to no avail. Switching to bootcamp to play is quite annoying. If I can help with the testing at all let me know.
. . . _
Bumblebees
Profile Joined August 2010
United States328 Posts
February 21 2011 05:11 GMT
#30
On February 21 2011 13:30 Basshoven792 wrote:
I would love this to work. I've tried USB Overdrive, Logitech and Razer drivers to no avail. Switching to bootcamp to play is quite annoying. If I can help with the testing at all let me know.


It definitely works with razer mice. I've had it tested on all models now. Any model with mac drivers is 100% good to go.

Some of the models without mac drivers require a bit of tweaking. Hopefully I can handle that working around that
Wartortle
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia504 Posts
February 21 2011 05:23 GMT
#31
i got it working on my deathadder, had to set sensitivity on drivers to 10 and dpi to 1800, i get a slight slow down of the curser when i change windows to sc2, but i think thats just the fix working, so it makes me happy haha.

thanks a lot!
rbkl
Profile Joined March 2010
772 Posts
February 21 2011 05:29 GMT
#32
This is cool, are we talking about the one button mac mouse?
www.check6gaming.com // www.iugaming.com ** Indiana's Premier Gaming / Starcraft Community **
Bumblebees
Profile Joined August 2010
United States328 Posts
February 21 2011 06:20 GMT
#33
On February 21 2011 14:23 Jayzo wrote:
i got it working on my deathadder, had to set sensitivity on drivers to 10 and dpi to 1800, i get a slight slow down of the curser when i change windows to sc2, but i think thats just the fix working, so it makes me happy haha.

thanks a lot!


That slowdown should be significantly lessened in the version I'm putting out tomorrow. It's actually a bug.
Bumblebees
Profile Joined August 2010
United States328 Posts
February 21 2011 06:21 GMT
#34
Btw guys, I don't think it's possible for me to make this work with mice that don't have DPI or driver sensitivity settings. I'd have to write my own generic driver (essentially write usb overdrive!), and I have no interest in that.

At this point, I think it's safe to say that you can run razer orochi, imperator, deathadder, naga and steelseries xai for sure.

I just tried personally with a logitech g5, and it felt pretty decent.
HaruHaru
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States988 Posts
February 21 2011 07:04 GMT
#35
whoa this will be so great if it works! usb overdrive really doesn't cut it at all
Long live BroodWar!
labbe
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1456 Posts
February 21 2011 12:49 GMT
#36
I'm so excited to try this out. The only piece of software i have been more excited about recently is Starcraft 2 itself :D
PsYoniC.
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 13:37:04
February 21 2011 13:35 GMT
#37
I really appreciate your work, I had a hard time to figure out how to get a decent mouse control with my Copperhead and Mac OS.

USB Overdrive works for me though. I've set Starcraft's mouse "speed" to 0% as well as Mac OS's acceleration. In USB Overdrive I set the mouse speed to 100% and turned off acceleration. That removes acceleration completely and lets me tab around as often as I want.
"Maybe good brain?!" -- oGsMC
ocrankyo
Profile Joined February 2011
France1 Post
February 21 2011 19:22 GMT
#38
sent pm wait for you thx for your amazing work
Bumblebees
Profile Joined August 2010
United States328 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 20:16:48
February 21 2011 19:58 GMT
#39
I just updated OP with the first public test release. I'm going to setup an IRC chat in case people have troubles. Ill update this post and the OP with IRC info once I have it setup.

edit: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=mousefixer
hardethanolninja
Profile Joined October 2010
United States22 Posts
February 21 2011 21:51 GMT
#40
Wow, it works great.

As a long time (since launch) user of the regular os x mouse in SC2, it was a little weird to get used to. Just give it a few games and it really becomes second nature.

One thing to note, make sure you turn down your scroll wheel speed in the Razer control panel. After the updates it's crazy fast. I had to turn it all the way down for it to be normal.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 53
NaDa 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm247
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9362
JimRising 684
ViBE146
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King94
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1265
BasetradeTV163
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 27m
INu's Battles
10h 27m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 27m
Replay Cast
21h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.