• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:50
CEST 13:50
KST 20:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7851 users

New WCS 2015 Season 1 maps - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
374 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 All
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
January 13 2015 16:44 GMT
#361
On January 14 2015 01:17 SC2Toastie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2015 19:15 Gwavajuice wrote:
On January 13 2015 17:54 KeksX wrote:
On January 13 2015 07:23 Gwavajuice wrote:
On January 13 2015 05:39 KeksX wrote:
I long for the day that Blizzard let's the proven community map makers do their job.

As a Zerg, I request more vetos.


Expedition lost : made by community map maker (algue)
Catalena : made by community map maker (timmay)
Overgrowth : made by community map maker (EastWindy )
Deadwing : made by community map maker (JessicaSc2)

Plus, in season 3 :

Foxtrot : made by community map maker (Uvantak )
Merry go round : made by community map maker (Winpark )
King sejong's station : made by community map maker (Str18-02 )
Nimbus : made by community map maker (Icetoad and wrl )


be happy cause the day you were longing for happened a long ago already.

But maybe you think all these mapmackers are trash? In that case feel free to open your map editor and give the wonderfull maps that exists in your head...


Hey at least you were snarky in your comment!

Anyway, my point is not that maps should be made by mapmakers and then it's all fine. The decision process on which maps actually get into the pool should also be made by communiy map makers, because just saying "well we didn't make the map, so you can't complain" won't cut it. (Especially if 3 of those maps are old ones)

What I was more referring to is something like a pool of qualified map makers to almost completely take over the design process of the map pool. I.e. group of 10 people from the community work on a pool together with the community, propose that to Blizzard and Blizzard approves/disapproves.
(For example, take top 2 map makers from each Region and let them collaborate. Maps are realllly important so Blizzard should invest a little)

This can, of course, include that one of those 10 guys brings in his own map. But I feel like just having Blizzard do it quietly in their room for the most part is bad for the map pool.


IMHO, the problem is more about community TESTERS than mapmakers. Cause really we don't test shit. Someone started an initiative to test an alternative map pool during season 4 instead of playing dreampool, we even had a chat channel on the servers to find people to play with. But chat channels were empty. cause nobody really bothered to try this new community made map pool. a handfull of people played them against AI and gave limited feedback and that was it.
Yes, I did, but as nobody really participated I soon quit putting any attention into it - apparantly nobody was interested in helping the maps in SC2. We'd rather all scream and cry and whine every three months.

I completely missed this initiative Maybe front page or sticking it in general would help.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
January 13 2015 17:55 GMT
#362
On January 14 2015 01:44 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2015 01:17 SC2Toastie wrote:
On January 13 2015 19:15 Gwavajuice wrote:
On January 13 2015 17:54 KeksX wrote:
On January 13 2015 07:23 Gwavajuice wrote:
On January 13 2015 05:39 KeksX wrote:
I long for the day that Blizzard let's the proven community map makers do their job.

As a Zerg, I request more vetos.


Expedition lost : made by community map maker (algue)
Catalena : made by community map maker (timmay)
Overgrowth : made by community map maker (EastWindy )
Deadwing : made by community map maker (JessicaSc2)

Plus, in season 3 :

Foxtrot : made by community map maker (Uvantak )
Merry go round : made by community map maker (Winpark )
King sejong's station : made by community map maker (Str18-02 )
Nimbus : made by community map maker (Icetoad and wrl )


be happy cause the day you were longing for happened a long ago already.

But maybe you think all these mapmackers are trash? In that case feel free to open your map editor and give the wonderfull maps that exists in your head...


Hey at least you were snarky in your comment!

Anyway, my point is not that maps should be made by mapmakers and then it's all fine. The decision process on which maps actually get into the pool should also be made by communiy map makers, because just saying "well we didn't make the map, so you can't complain" won't cut it. (Especially if 3 of those maps are old ones)

What I was more referring to is something like a pool of qualified map makers to almost completely take over the design process of the map pool. I.e. group of 10 people from the community work on a pool together with the community, propose that to Blizzard and Blizzard approves/disapproves.
(For example, take top 2 map makers from each Region and let them collaborate. Maps are realllly important so Blizzard should invest a little)

This can, of course, include that one of those 10 guys brings in his own map. But I feel like just having Blizzard do it quietly in their room for the most part is bad for the map pool.


IMHO, the problem is more about community TESTERS than mapmakers. Cause really we don't test shit. Someone started an initiative to test an alternative map pool during season 4 instead of playing dreampool, we even had a chat channel on the servers to find people to play with. But chat channels were empty. cause nobody really bothered to try this new community made map pool. a handfull of people played them against AI and gave limited feedback and that was it.
Yes, I did, but as nobody really participated I soon quit putting any attention into it - apparantly nobody was interested in helping the maps in SC2. We'd rather all scream and cry and whine every three months.

I completely missed this initiative Maybe front page or sticking it in general would help.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/470687-community-map-testing-official-thread

Here is the link.

Selecting maps and typing and OP took me quite some time, but sadly, few people seemed to care. After a couple of days of barely any activity at all I just decided to drop the project - why waste a ton of my time for something nobody cares about?

Fun Fact, I actually selected Expedition Lost as my first map because I thought it was very interesting !

If there is demand for it, I'd happily start the thread up again, but I don't think anybody will join in. It's very easy to complain and shit on things other people try to do, but when asked yourself to contribute in a useful manner, most people prefer not to respond. Which can clearly be seen by the massive amounts of complaints every single time a new map pool comes out.
Some seem to hate on every map that doesn't give use 3 bases defensible from one easily defensible location and a main that is hard to drop properly and few Blink/Reaper locations and straightforward attack and expansion patterns... And if we are not open to innovation and change, we'll always be stuck with poor maps.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
January 13 2015 18:15 GMT
#363
Apparantly there is some interest in it, so people willing to change, participate and contribute to community maps can sing up at the link I provided above!
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
klup
Profile Joined May 2013
France612 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 13:08:54
January 14 2015 13:07 GMT
#364
I don't know algue but I'm sure of one thing. This guy doesn't like reapers!! Seriously when designing the map he was just checking every cliff on it and rub it with anti jumps rocks on the bottom.

First map ever where I have reapers that can't actually jump in the opponent main and natural and are blocked by my own walls. This map is just a declaration of hate towards reapers.

I don't see the reason for so many anti jump rocks! really! I'm all for limiting cliff abuse but this map has pushed it way too far.

Edit : Reapers so viable sorry you can jump behind the gold base therefore there is a uber midgame reaper transition to get to deny goldbase mining.....
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
January 14 2015 13:50 GMT
#365
On January 14 2015 22:07 klup wrote:
I don't know algue but I'm sure of one thing. This guy doesn't like reapers!! Seriously when designing the map he was just checking every cliff on it and rub it with anti jumps rocks on the bottom.

First map ever where I have reapers that can't actually jump in the opponent main and natural and are blocked by my own walls. This map is just a declaration of hate towards reapers.

I don't see the reason for so many anti jump rocks! really! I'm all for limiting cliff abuse but this map has pushed it way too far.

Edit : Reapers so viable sorry you can jump behind the gold base therefore there is a uber midgame reaper transition to get to deny goldbase mining.....


Your first reaper should still get in through the ramp, from there on getting a scout in with a reaper isn't a sure thing on any map. I guess more than 1reaper isn't a great idea here. It's nice that this map has some well thought-out differences.
helius788
Profile Joined July 2012
New Zealand74 Posts
January 14 2015 22:03 GMT
#366
I said earlier (in this thread): Oh well, besides Inferno and Secret Spring, the other ones might have potential.

I feel like Expedition needs my Terran veto as well. With these backrocks holding an immortal allin is stupidly hard (*cough* impossible)....gooooosh, even Zergs can exploit the backrocks

Well, and to play Inferno against Z? Forget about thinking of 3 bases...

For all the people who instantly said the maps are bad, I feel like I need to apologise for giving it a try with these maps...*facepalm*
sage_francis
Profile Joined December 2006
France1823 Posts
January 14 2015 22:14 GMT
#367
Expedition Lost would be a very interesting map without these backdoor rocks. I cant believe such a stupid feature would be implemented now in 2015...
Its a shame but as a terran player, i got to veto it because of immortal all ins, proxy oracle into 3g void allin, 2 bases roaches....
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 14 2015 23:22 GMT
#368
I'm beginning to realize how difficult it is to play on some of these maps, inferno is RIDICULOUS how you can spawn side by side on this map, the rush distance is about the same distance as steppes of war.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
January 14 2015 23:27 GMT
#369
Secret Spring and Inferno Pools are absolutely atrocious. I played some games on them on AM server, you simply can't play a decent game there...
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 14 2015 23:53 GMT
#370
Horizonal on Inferno Pools is almost as bad as vertical was on Shakuras Plateau. Like it's close enough where I'd consider double expanding there on cross positions.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
January 15 2015 00:38 GMT
#371
After extensive play on some of these maps, I've concluded that the only map that has the potential not to suck massive balls is Vaani Research Labs or whatever. And even then, the map is rather meh. At least it has a viable third base.

All of the others are absolute garbage and should be put on veto. This is coming from a Terran and Zerg player.
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
January 15 2015 01:26 GMT
#372
On January 14 2015 01:44 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2015 01:17 SC2Toastie wrote:
On January 13 2015 19:15 Gwavajuice wrote:
On January 13 2015 17:54 KeksX wrote:
On January 13 2015 07:23 Gwavajuice wrote:
On January 13 2015 05:39 KeksX wrote:
I long for the day that Blizzard let's the proven community map makers do their job.

As a Zerg, I request more vetos.


Expedition lost : made by community map maker (algue)
Catalena : made by community map maker (timmay)
Overgrowth : made by community map maker (EastWindy )
Deadwing : made by community map maker (JessicaSc2)

Plus, in season 3 :

Foxtrot : made by community map maker (Uvantak )
Merry go round : made by community map maker (Winpark )
King sejong's station : made by community map maker (Str18-02 )
Nimbus : made by community map maker (Icetoad and wrl )


be happy cause the day you were longing for happened a long ago already.

But maybe you think all these mapmackers are trash? In that case feel free to open your map editor and give the wonderfull maps that exists in your head...


Hey at least you were snarky in your comment!

Anyway, my point is not that maps should be made by mapmakers and then it's all fine. The decision process on which maps actually get into the pool should also be made by communiy map makers, because just saying "well we didn't make the map, so you can't complain" won't cut it. (Especially if 3 of those maps are old ones)

What I was more referring to is something like a pool of qualified map makers to almost completely take over the design process of the map pool. I.e. group of 10 people from the community work on a pool together with the community, propose that to Blizzard and Blizzard approves/disapproves.
(For example, take top 2 map makers from each Region and let them collaborate. Maps are realllly important so Blizzard should invest a little)

This can, of course, include that one of those 10 guys brings in his own map. But I feel like just having Blizzard do it quietly in their room for the most part is bad for the map pool.


IMHO, the problem is more about community TESTERS than mapmakers. Cause really we don't test shit. Someone started an initiative to test an alternative map pool during season 4 instead of playing dreampool, we even had a chat channel on the servers to find people to play with. But chat channels were empty. cause nobody really bothered to try this new community made map pool. a handfull of people played them against AI and gave limited feedback and that was it.
Yes, I did, but as nobody really participated I soon quit putting any attention into it - apparantly nobody was interested in helping the maps in SC2. We'd rather all scream and cry and whine every three months.

I completely missed this initiative Maybe front page or sticking it in general would help.


Yeah I missed it completely.
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 15 2015 01:39 GMT
#373
On January 15 2015 09:38 Blargh wrote:
After extensive play on some of these maps, I've concluded that the only map that has the potential not to suck massive balls is Vaani Research Labs or whatever. And even then, the map is rather meh. At least it has a viable third base.

All of the others are absolute garbage and should be put on veto. This is coming from a Terran and Zerg player.

What about as a Protoss player? I don't mind PvP either, I find it quite fun and it's my third-best matchup
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
January 23 2015 04:55 GMT
#374
So what do people think about the new maps? I personally hate Expedition Lost right now.
igscubanex
Profile Joined January 2015
5 Posts
January 23 2015 05:00 GMT
#375
I hate the Secret Springs, all terrans just do double rax reaper and isnta-win.
Prev 1 17 18 19 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 900
WardiTV424
OGKoka 172
Rex120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko343
mouzHeroMarine 292
OGKoka 151
ProTech126
Rex 118
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3230
Horang2 1331
Larva 1258
EffOrt 1018
BeSt 604
Hyuk 380
Soma 328
Rush 266
Mini 218
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
Stork 199
Light 184
Zeus 130
ggaemo 113
Barracks 109
Hyun 109
Killer 96
Shinee 38
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 33
Mong 29
Yoon 25
PianO 20
Aegong 18
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
sorry 15
Sexy 15
Noble 9
HiyA 8
zelot 7
soO 1
Dota 2
Dendi1161
BananaSlamJamma126
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
byalli843
x6flipin331
Other Games
singsing2102
olofmeister1662
XaKoH 284
crisheroes274
Sick234
Pyrionflax164
ArmadaUGS59
Mew2King53
B2W.Neo8
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream478
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH309
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1703
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 10m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.