• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:12
CEST 17:12
KST 00:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8283 users

Community Map Testing: Official Thread

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-16 10:30:48
November 06 2014 13:09 GMT
#1
EDIT 13/1/2015
As of today I'm re-starting my efforts to make this a success, hoping that more people will participate in attempt #2! Please sign up, join the channel and have fun! Give good feedback and nominate Community made maps YOU think deserve extra attention and testing!

Leave a post with your In Game Name, Friend Code, Server, League and Race. channel "TLMapTest".

Lots of love, Toastie




Community Map Testing: Official Thread

Hello TL.net!

We've got #Dreampool coming up for Season 4. If you haven't heard of it yet; this is what the Dreampool is: Thread: #Dreampool Finalised. I fear this ladder might not be the most preferred place to play for a lot of people. To take advantage of that, this is a golden opportunity to get more people into playing Custom Games and Community made maps!

+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning for starting this thread] +
Some people might not be too fond of the new (old) maps we'll be presented with. It might be fun to play around for a bit for nostalgic reasons, but both balance and fun are highly concerning factors to me, and most players with me. Some maps may not be too great with certain new units, have a history of allowing absurd all ins with Ridiculous winrates to run rampant, odd designs that encourage turtling, etcetera.

Because I fear a lot of people will be like, "meh", I came up with an idea with multiple benefits. I will attempt to bring the spotlight on community made maps. Big J made a post about attempting to inject maps that finished high on the Map of the Month contest into tournament play (Thread: Tournament Mappool and Map Spotlight).

WCS causes a big problem for the map making community in that it highly limits the fielded maps to the 7 Blizzard selected for the seasonal map pool. A tournament featuring different maps will not be allowed to give out WCS points and as such lack incentive for players to come to. There's a problem in being able to playtest community made maps because they are not being fielded (because they are probably slightly imbalanced because they aren't playtested well because.......).




I want to use the current 'off season' to draw attention to the people that make excellent, gorgeous maps. These people do not get the recognition they deserve for all their effort and hard work. My goal is to get people to play and enjoy the Community Made Maps. I want to give attention to these maps and the mapping scene, learn new things about maps, push boundaries, develop the game!

I want to use this thread to start a platform for players and mapmakers to communicate. I want to pick 3 maps that we can thoroughly test for 2 weeks. Next 2 weeks, different maps. We can give good feedback, provide replays and give attention and praise to those people that create maps.

Participating
It can be hard to find people of the same level and interest to play custom games with. That's why you can leave your information here. Leave a post with your In Game Name, Friend Code, Server, League and Race. I'll compile those into the OP. The information is located at the end of this post. You can also join the channel "TLMapTest".



For the first two weeks, we'll use three maps that popped up in the previously mentioned thread. For the following weeks, I'll try to make a good, diverse selection from the options that come up in this thread and in my inbox. For additional information about the maps and for their discussion threads, you can find the link beneath the overview.



Cactus Valley by Ferisii
[image loading]
Thread: Cactus Valley
Interesting aspects of this map include the non-straight forward expanding (depending on spawns and preferance, mostly) and the very interesting center!



Scorpion 61 by Big J
[image loading]
Thread: Scorpion 61
This is a reasonably sized 2p map with 12 bases (of which 2 are high yield). There is a wide variety of attack paths and expanding beyond a third base becomes increasingly difficult. And it has Tennis Courts ^_^!



Cassiopeia by Xenotolerance
[image loading]
Thread: Cassiopeia
I like the way this map looks for positional play. The first three bases are relatively easy to take, but defending the ramps might prove to be quite hard. The natural is vulnerable to aerial assaults (just like King Sejong Station) and overal, the map looks very interesting as well ^_^!



+ Show Spoiler [Signed Up Players] +
+ Show Spoiler [EU] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
Jay.727, Terran
Gwavanoob.810, Terran
[image loading]
Toastie.869, Random
Jay.727, Zerg
IeZaeL.684, Protoss
Velvex.882, Zerg
Ejwoda.197, Zerg
[image loading]
Speedy.540, Zerg
Downfall,367, Zerg, Protoss
Dynge.1135, Terran
[image loading]
Downfall.367, Terran

+ Show Spoiler [NA] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
GoStu.361, Protoss
[image loading]
TheTemplar.234, Random
[image loading]
Trfel.542, Protoss
BueBz.325, Zerg
Topin.523, Terran
Flume.219, Protoss
Defenestratr.483, Zerg
[image loading]

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [KR] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [SEA] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler [For Map Submissions] +
If you wish to see your map in one of the coming weeks, please send a PM to SC2Toastie. Include the map thread, a short summary of the maps flow/creation and preferably some replays. We strife to use maps that are as balanced as possible, so make sure your map doesn't have large exploits. Thanks for your time!




Please discuss the maps, the initiative, maps you'd like to see in coming weeks, replays, fun stuff that happened, new friends you made!

Kind regards, and have fun,
Toastie

TL;DR
3 Community Made Maps. Every 2 Weeks. Leave a post with your In Game Name, Friend Code, Server, League and Race[/b]. channel "TLMapTest".
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 06 2014 13:14 GMT
#2
Sadly I don't have the time to play, but this is an awesome initiative and I hope many people will jump in to test these community maps that definitely deserve some love (: (maybe someone with a Twitter could tweet this at progamers like Snute/Scarlett/Grubby/Bunny/etc? With a bit of luck some of them might be interested to try them out, especially as part of their stream)
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
November 06 2014 13:15 GMT
#3
On November 06 2014 22:14 OtherWorld wrote:
Sadly I don't have the time to play, but this is an awesome initiative and I hope many people will jump in to test these community maps that definitely deserve some love (: (maybe someone with a Twitter could tweet this at progamers like Snute/Scarlett/Grubby/Bunny/etc? With a bit of luck some of them might be interested to try them out, especially as part of their stream)

I don't use twitter, but that is a nice idea.

Are you sure you'll not find any time to play a couple of games until Season 1 starts in january 0_0!? I'll try to cycle through maps every 3 weeks. Tough life bro...

Thanks for the kind words, please spread the thread !
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
November 06 2014 13:18 GMT
#4
Sign me up!
Jay.727, EU
Zerg ~high diamond; can offrace Terran as well, though on worse level

Gonna hang out in the TLMapTest chat channel on EU for the next hour.
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
November 06 2014 13:20 GMT
#5
On November 06 2014 22:18 Big J wrote:
Sign me up!
Jay.727, EU
Zerg ~high diamond; can offrace Terran as well, though on worse level

Gonna hang out in the TLMapTest chat channel on EU for the next hour.

Done.

Nice !
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 06 2014 13:20 GMT
#6
On November 06 2014 22:15 SC2Toastie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2014 22:14 OtherWorld wrote:
Sadly I don't have the time to play, but this is an awesome initiative and I hope many people will jump in to test these community maps that definitely deserve some love (: (maybe someone with a Twitter could tweet this at progamers like Snute/Scarlett/Grubby/Bunny/etc? With a bit of luck some of them might be interested to try them out, especially as part of their stream)

I don't use twitter, but that is a nice idea.

Are you sure you'll not find any time to play a couple of games until Season 1 starts in january 0_0!? I'll try to cycle through maps every 3 weeks. Tough life bro...

Thanks for the kind words, please spread the thread !

Will do !
+ Show Spoiler +

I'm studying really hard, the only times I'm not working is about 2h/week of guitar and 2h/week of running. (and when I browse TL during my breaks obviously)
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
November 06 2014 13:21 GMT
#7
On November 06 2014 22:20 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2014 22:15 SC2Toastie wrote:
On November 06 2014 22:14 OtherWorld wrote:
Sadly I don't have the time to play, but this is an awesome initiative and I hope many people will jump in to test these community maps that definitely deserve some love (: (maybe someone with a Twitter could tweet this at progamers like Snute/Scarlett/Grubby/Bunny/etc? With a bit of luck some of them might be interested to try them out, especially as part of their stream)

I don't use twitter, but that is a nice idea.

Are you sure you'll not find any time to play a couple of games until Season 1 starts in january 0_0!? I'll try to cycle through maps every 3 weeks. Tough life bro...

Thanks for the kind words, please spread the thread !

Will do !
+ Show Spoiler +

I'm studying really hard, the only times I'm not working is about 2h/week of guitar and 2h/week of running. (and when I browse TL during my breaks obviously)

No passion ;-)

Good luck my friend !
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-06 13:34:29
November 06 2014 13:33 GMT
#8
Good initiative, just some slight criticism, 3maps is a bit small for a pool, regardless if its a testing pool and only 2 week span.
Expedition lost has already seen testing during its run in the tournament following crux' map competition.
"Not you."
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-06 13:38:05
November 06 2014 13:35 GMT
#9
Im up !
IeZaeL#684 EU Diamond protoss , though i didnt play for some time so i might be some plat/gold scrub.
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 06 2014 13:35 GMT
#10
I'll play
TheTemplar.234
North American Server
Platinum (Probably gold level)
Random/Protoss
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
November 06 2014 13:37 GMT
#11
On November 06 2014 22:33 Meavis wrote:
Good initiative, just some slight criticism, 3maps is a bit small for a pool, regardless if its a testing pool and only 2 week span.
Expedition lost has already seen testing during its run in the tournament following crux' map competition.

I've thought about these numbers quite a bit.
We have to keep in mind that this is not ladder. 3 maps really don't get boring in 2 weeks, if you add too many maps, the thing becomes 'too big'. I think 3 keeps the attention kinda focussed and 2 weeks is not that long. But I might adjust later on, we'll see!
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
November 06 2014 15:29 GMT
#12
Really fun so far! Will be on in a few hours again, hope someone else will be there too!
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
November 06 2014 15:39 GMT
#13
Even better idea than the other thread, although it would be nice if you figured out a way to allow people to select the maps democratically.
vibeo gane,
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
November 06 2014 15:47 GMT
#14
On November 07 2014 00:39 -NegativeZero- wrote:
Even better idea than the other thread, although it would be nice if you figured out a way to allow people to select the maps democratically.

Given this is a first attempt, I've done it myself. For further sets, I want to use community input.
I don't think democratic is the way to go, as it takes attention away from what we're trying to achieve by putting too much emphasis on democratically selected maps (which, I fear, will be as close to standard as possible, as that feels 'safer').
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
November 06 2014 15:50 GMT
#15
Hi great idea I hope it works.

I played emerald plaza V1.0 on eu server, against AI, it looks promising with lots of content to explore. A few points though :

- on naturals, there's a patch of mineral that can't be accessed directly, workers have to walk around the line to get to them, thus not mining efficiently.

- another issue (maybe) is the fact that natural entrance is far from the natural base, so zergs may be annoyed if the want a nice wall off - but I m not zerg so...

anwyay : I m on EU server, name is Gwavanoob, code is 810 I play terran and I'm in plat league.

Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
November 06 2014 16:05 GMT
#16
On November 07 2014 00:50 Gwavajuice wrote:
Hi great idea I hope it works.

I played emerald plaza V1.0 on eu server, against AI, it looks promising with lots of content to explore. A few points though :

- on naturals, there's a patch of mineral that can't be accessed directly, workers have to walk around the line to get to them, thus not mining efficiently.

- another issue (maybe) is the fact that natural entrance is far from the natural base, so zergs may be annoyed if the want a nice wall off - but I m not zerg so...

anwyay : I m on EU server, name is Gwavanoob, code is 810 I play terran and I'm in plat league.


Big J and I played some games with the creator if Emerald Plaza. We too noticed that there's a mineral off. Also, one of the gasses at the natural takes 4 workers to properly saturate.

As for the Zerg wall of, on for example Marry go Round or Overgrowth, you need a tumor to access your wall-off. That shouldn't be too big a problem.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 06 2014 16:12 GMT
#17
Trfel 642
NA Diamond Protoss
velvex
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany226 Posts
November 06 2014 16:37 GMT
#18
velvex.882, EU Diamond Zerg
AFSpeeDy
Profile Joined June 2011
126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-06 18:02:27
November 06 2014 16:54 GMT
#19
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-06 17:04:28
November 06 2014 17:03 GMT
#20
Downfall.367
Europe - can also play on NA with random surges of ping
Terran ~top50 GM
Offraces: probably anywhere from Master to low GM depending on match-ups (obviously I'm better in the vT ones)

Some remarks from just looking at them against the AI:

Expedition Lost - As I said before I have concerns about the backdoor rocks, and upon closer inspection the fact you can't Reaper scout (unless I missed something the main is only accessible through the main ramp) only makes matters worse. The "backdoor + no Reaper scout + main big enough to hide stuff" combo seems too much in PvT, even if the backdoor is a very tight choke. Will see upon testing.

Scorpion 61 - Looks nice, both visually and strategically.

Emerald Plaza - nice green identity Reminded me of some War3 maps. As said above some resources in the natural are off (one geyser + one mineral block). I wonder why half of the main ledge is inaccessible for Reapers? And I also wonder if the map wouldn't be more interesting without the Xel'Naga Tower at the middle.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
Codebar 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2754
Shuttle 1437
EffOrt 926
BeSt 705
Light 426
Mini 403
ggaemo 341
Stork 276
ZerO 253
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Rush 167
Barracks 135
Zeus 65
Dewaltoss 63
Killer 63
Shine 55
Hyun 39
Mong 33
Shinee 31
Yoon 31
Aegong 28
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 27
Bale 22
sorry 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
qojqva3705
Dendi1633
BananaSlamJamma380
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes538
Other Games
singsing2255
hiko1253
Liquid`RaSZi1151
B2W.Neo916
Lowko391
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick177
ArmadaUGS134
Rex98
Trikslyr24
Mew2King15
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream424
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile117
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2225
• Nemesis2136
• TFBlade682
Other Games
• WagamamaTV288
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.